Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,636 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 166,049
Pageviews Today: 277,722Threads Today: 88Posts Today: 1,638
03:36 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

50% of the College Grads Cannot Find Jobs...

AmericanJedi
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1503533
United States
10/17/2012 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
50% of the College Grads Cannot Find Jobs...
Well, it could not have a thing to do with the fact that more than half have useless degrees in social science, business, and other nonsense.

Learn a trade.

[link to nces.ed.gov]

Last Edited by Mad Scientist (aka AmJedi) on 10/17/2012 01:01 PM
(GLP aka American Jedi)

Listen here you beautiful bitch, I'm about to fuck you up with some truth.
Kenny Powers

If you steal the dreams of others long enough, sooner or later you'll end up in a nightmare.
American Jedi

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Albert Einstein

Satis Eloquentiae, Sapientiae Parum....

"The last of the old?"

"No, the first of the new."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21963830
United States
10/17/2012 01:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: 50% of the College Grads Cannot Find Jobs...
I reject your notion that a business degree is useless. I graduated ~6 months ago into a job paying 45k a year, and my wife graduated 1.5 half ago with a similar job. Both of us had business degrees.
AmericanJedi  (OP)

User ID: 1503533
United States
10/17/2012 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I reject your notion that a business degree is useless. I graduated ~6 months ago into a job paying 45k a year, and my wife graduated 1.5 half ago with a similar job. Both of us had business degrees.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21963830

And what skills did you bring to the table, I assure you, it was not your BBA alone. I would be almost certain you have strong work ethic and other skills.
(GLP aka American Jedi)

Listen here you beautiful bitch, I'm about to fuck you up with some truth.
Kenny Powers

If you steal the dreams of others long enough, sooner or later you'll end up in a nightmare.
American Jedi

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Albert Einstein

Satis Eloquentiae, Sapientiae Parum....

"The last of the old?"

"No, the first of the new."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25315736
United States
10/17/2012 01:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
That's because they have to compete against those of us who know what we are doing AND who have done it !

spock
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25768452
United States
10/17/2012 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
......and they'll still vote for Obama
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1314164
United States
10/17/2012 01:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, it could not have a thing to do with the fact that more than half have useless degrees in social science, business, and other nonsense.

Learn a trade.

[link to nces.ed.gov]
 Quoting: AmericanJedi

clappa

You need skills that are needed in the marketplace.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/17/2012 01:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21963830

And what skills did you bring to the table, I assure you, it was not your BBA alone. I would be almost certain you have strong work ethic and other skills.

Right, but that's not an accurate conclusion that a business degree is useless. Maybe if you said "a business degree is useless for MOST people." Semantics, I know. Or had you chosen "women's studies" or "music." I'm sorry to all those with those degrees, but...REALLY? What kind of job do you think you can get with that?
Lucca
User ID: 25765109
United States
10/17/2012 01:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

Learn a trade.

[link to nces.ed.gov]

clappa

You need skills that are needed in the marketplace.
 Quoting: ZAZZ Returns!

Yeah, like self defense, considering what's a brewin'...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17791696
United States
10/17/2012 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
it's quite possibly because people are fineally realizing that there is much more to life than a job or a career...sorry but true.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25696325
United Kingdom
10/17/2012 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
the whole idea was too get students take out loans and have them lumbered with debt,end of story.

There hasnt been enough jobs for years.
-GooGooFlexy-

User ID: 1238529
United States
10/17/2012 04:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Get a degree in anything and you'll have to compete with 50+ people for the same job.

Once you discover that you aren't going to find salary jobs, you'll find that you're over-qualified for everything else. No manager in his right mind is going to hire a potential replacement.

Fucked up, isn't it?
-GooGooFlexy-
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
10/17/2012 04:17 PM

Report Abusive Post
Going to school doesn't guarantee a job...learning to do something that someone is willing to pay you for does...
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18663404
United States
10/17/2012 04:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Going to school doesn't guarantee a job...learning to do something that someone is willing to pay you for does...
 Quoting: BRIEF

This guy is so smart.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25779537
France
10/17/2012 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Learn a trade.

[link to nces.ed.gov]

no demand, no jobs

simple as that.
smilesun

User ID: 25773673
Italy
10/17/2012 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Learn a trade.

[link to nces.ed.gov]

These jobs may seem like science fiction, but in the not-too-distant future these will be some of the most sought after careers. [link to www.investopedia.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18663404
United States
10/17/2012 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Learn a trade.

[link to nces.ed.gov]

Where does it say 50%?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2836766
United States
10/17/2012 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Foxconn is hiring!

Signing bonus too - a rice cooker with 3 pounds of rice!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4076527
United States
10/17/2012 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Being a college student who is still undeclared, what do you guys suggest would be the best option increase my chances of earning a decent salary/job in the future ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25779450
United Kingdom
10/17/2012 04:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
i left school at 16 sat on my ass and got stoned for 2.5 years then started working on building sites as a laborer for 2 years then i got a an apprenticeship i am now 24 with six months left to go then i have a job for life in every country on the planet and even if i cant get a job in my trade i would sure get a job doing semi skilled work.

as for my friend Katie, stayed in school till she was 18 went to university for 4 years and got a law degree she now works at Marks and Spencers full time she would be better off now if she left school at 16 and went to work

true story
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2836766
United States
10/17/2012 04:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Being a college student who is still undeclared, what do you guys suggest would be the best option increase my chances of earning a decent salary/job in the future ?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4076527

quite college and become a plumber
Lady Jane SmithModerator
Forum Administrator

User ID: 17394186
Sweden
10/17/2012 04:25 PM

Report Abusive Post

Learn a trade.

[link to nces.ed.gov]

You are so very correct.

I do not understand why people spend time & money for a degree that does not provide a marketable skill.

Liberal Arts, Women's Studies & the such are only good for those who do not have to work for a living. Very few of us fall into that category.
Fate whispers to the warrior

"You cannot withstand the storm"

the warrior whispers back

"I am the storm"

INTJ-A

Killer Bunny
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24824113
United States
10/17/2012 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
After interviewing several recent graduates for open positions in my company, this stat doesn't surprise me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25778577
United States
10/17/2012 04:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
i left school at 16 sat on my ass and got stoned for 2.5 years then started working on building sites as a laborer for 2 years then i got a an apprenticeship i am now 24 with six months left to go then i have a job for life in every country on the planet and even if i cant get a job in my trade i would sure get a job doing semi skilled work.

as for my friend Katie, stayed in school till she was 18 went to university for 4 years and got a law degree she now works at Marks and Spencers full time she would be better off now if she left school at 16 and went to work

true story
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25779450

Tip of the hat to you,sir
clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22060914
Spain
10/17/2012 04:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Learn a trade.

[link to nces.ed.gov]

But you can find Jobs in his works,aka iPhones and iPads...
Hot Fish Pie for Jesus

User ID: 8046554
United States
10/17/2012 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

Learn a trade.

[link to nces.ed.gov]

half of college grads are fucking retarded with low GPAs in bullshit majors at bullshit universities.

Tough shit.
Jesus is the perfect man. And when I am in Church and I see Him hanging on the cross, the only thing I can think about is ripping his loin cloth off and suckin' him so good while he is on there.

Jesus is God. Jesus designed the Universe. Jesus designed your vagina and the orgasm. Jesus knows best. Jesus knows how to work your wet gash unlike anyone or anything. Please Jesus, take me, and I will serve you all the hot fish pie you can stomach. Amen.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1202994
United States
10/17/2012 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jeremy Epstein, the college kid who asked about jobs during the debate, is studying "Exercise Science".

Is this a high demand specialty likely to lead to a "good job"?
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
10/17/2012 04:43 PM

Report Abusive Post

This guy is so smart.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18663404

Your typical millionaire next door, the one that drives an average car and has an average home, doesn't have a typical college degree...he's probably mid 40's has a wife and kids and you'd never know he is a millionaire when you see him at the grocery or at the movies...
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Hot Fish Pie for Jesus

United States
10/17/2012 04:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

Learn a trade.

[link to nces.ed.gov]

These jobs may seem like science fiction, but in the not-too-distant future these will be some of the most sought after careers. [link to www.investopedia.com]
 Quoting: smilesun

Genetic counselors already make a lot of money. My old room mate was going to school to become one.

However I don't agree with the rest of the list.
Jesus is the perfect man. And when I am in Church and I see Him hanging on the cross, the only thing I can think about is ripping his loin cloth off and suckin' him so good while he is on there.

Jesus is God. Jesus designed the Universe. Jesus designed your vagina and the orgasm. Jesus knows best. Jesus knows how to work your wet gash unlike anyone or anything. Please Jesus, take me, and I will serve you all the hot fish pie you can stomach. Amen.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/17/2012 04:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jeremy Epstein, the college kid who asked about jobs during the debate, is studying "Exercise Science".

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1202994

Physical therapy.
Hot Fish Pie for Jesus

United States
10/17/2012 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1202994

Decent job considering all the old people need more and more physical therapists.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18037327
South Africa
10/17/2012 04:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

clappa

worship

Praise the Lord-uh

Amen

GLP