more about the Fatima apparitions..

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26935952
Spain
11/04/2012 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: more about the Fatima apparitions..
I believe in Fatima and Lourdes. When I was just a little girl, I saw the movie about Lourdes and Saint Bernadette. I immediately knew it was of truth...a spiritual truth.

I have had several visions of Mother Mary, and in my heart I know they are of truth, too.

I am a sinner, and I pray and ask forgiveness of my sins.

I am not religious really, but I am spiritual.

Some may say that being not religious does not make any sense,if u believe in religious figures. Though, this may be true, I have seen what I have seen...this is my spiritual truth. It is what it is.:jhk:
 Quoting: Krystal

Beautiful pic.
What is most amazing about Lourdes in my opinion..is that St. Bernadette couldnt read or write..she was illiterate..she didnt even allegedly know what it meant when the Blessed Mother said that she was the Immaculate Conception..amazing..wonderful
chumpisme

User ID: 24004253
Canada
11/04/2012 05:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am not religious really, but I am spiritual.....

In his theology of justification by grace alone, Luther conveniently overlooked a plethora of biblical texts, including many from St. Paul, whom he claimed as his principle inspiration. In the parable of the sheep and goats from Matthew 25, it is clear that salvation is dependent, not primarily on faith, but on the quality of our love, especially toward those who are weakest and poorest.

The same Paul who spoke of justification through faith also said, “If I have faith enough to move the mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.” And the same Paul who experienced the risen Jesus in an intensely personal moment of conversion also spoke eloquently and often of becoming a member of Jesus’ “mystical body,” which is the Church.

In short, the Bible drives a wedge neither between faith and love nor between individual salvation and ecclesial belonging. Further, the same Jesus who railed against the hypocritical legalism of the Pharisees also said, “I have come not to abolish the law but to fulfill it.” And the same Jesus who threatened to tear down the Temple in Jerusalem also promised “in three days to rebuild it.”

The point is this: Jesus certainly criticized — even bitterly so — the corruptions in the institutional religion of his time, but he by no means called for its wholesale dismantling. He was, in point of fact, a loyal, observant, law-abiding Jew. What he affected was a transfiguration of the best of that classical Israelite religion — Temple, law, priesthood, sacrifice, covenant, etc. — into the institutions, sacraments, practices and structures of his mystical body, the Church.

If the young rapper in the video is against the corruptions of institutional religion up and down the ages, then he’s got an ally in me. Finding them is like shooting fish in a barrel and criticizing them is as easy as being against rotten eggs.

But if he is advocating an individualist spirituality that ignores the thousands of ties that bind believers to one another through sacrament, practice and institutional belonging, and if he’s calling for a theology that divorces Jesus from his body, the Church, then he’s got an opponent in me.

Lots of New Age devotees today want spirituality without religion, and lots of evangelicals want Jesus without religion. Both end up with abstractions. But the one thing Jesus is not is an abstraction. Rather, he is a spiritual power who makes himself available precisely in the dense institutional particularity of his mystical body across space and time.

Jesus didn’t come to abolish religion, he came to fulfill it.
Video on this subject by Father Robert Barron

Read more: [link to www.ncregister.com]
Shamar

User ID: 1479302
United States
11/04/2012 05:35 PM

Report Abusive Post
"The children gather wood, the fathers kindle fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods, to provoke me to anger. Is it I whom they provoke? says The Lord. Is it not themselves, to their own confusion?" (Jeremiah 7:18-19 RSV)

"As for the word which you have spoken to us in the name of The Lord, we will not listen to you. But we will do everything that we have vowed, burn incense to the queen of heaven and pour out libations to her, as we did, both we and our fathers, our kings and our princes, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem" (Jeremiah 44:16-17 RSV)

"For when Solomon was old his wives turned away his heart after other gods; and his heart was not wholly true to The Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father. For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. So Solomon did what was evil in the sight of The Lord, and did not wholly follow The Lord, as David his father had done." (1 Kings 11:4-6 RSV)

scary pope
Love is like light. It is never constrained to its source; it shines on everything and tends to spread spontaneously, unless we block it! ~ Cosmic Swami
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21500116
Canada
11/04/2012 07:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
The sacraments are placed for a reason, the reason is to put your faith soully in Christ. Teaching aids for your understanding what it is to have a personal knowledge of God. If you miss the purpose of the guidance God gives us in various rites in religion then there is no purpose for them. Focus on the Purpose and not the rite that is there to guide you in your life. While we do honor and respect the Heroes of our Faith we should always remember there Inspiration who guided them all through there joys and heart aches. Most of our Heroes where treated poorly and most of these Saints were Hebrews who personally fulfilled there religious vows and rites, I am sure you can think of several rites they had to go through. But they learned the lessons these rites taught them and thats how they became Heroes. There lessons in faith teach us to this day. Some in Christendom look at their lives as personal inspiration to there own walk of faith. Intention can be seen and heard if you listen to the intentions of a heart instead of the acts(act as in theater) of a heart.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/04/2012 08:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
The sacraments are placed for a reason, the reason is to put your faith soully in Christ. Teaching aids for your understanding what it is to have a personal knowledge of God. If you miss the purpose of the guidance God gives us in various rites in religion then there is no purpose for them. Focus on the Purpose and not the rite that is there to guide you in your life. While we do honor and respect the Heroes of our Faith we should always remember there Inspiration who guided them all through there joys and heart aches. Most of our Heroes where treated poorly and most of these Saints were Hebrews who personally fulfilled there religious vows and rites, I am sure you can think of several rites they had to go through. But they learned the lessons these rites taught them and thats how they became Heroes. There lessons in faith teach us to this day. Some in Christendom look at their lives as personal inspiration to there own walk of faith. Intention can be seen and heard if you listen to the intentions of a heart instead of the acts(act as in theater) of a heart.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21500116

I should remind you all that our Heroes never sought the fame they attained they just lived it because thats who they became in Christ. Their actions and deeds were just expressions of their faith. Not works of faith but natural reactions emanating from within the seat of their souls in which they allowed the teachings of Christ to rule within. I tell you the truth some and I would like to say many of you are heroes but you just cant see it not yet anyways. You dont look for acts of faith to perform them you just live through your faith. When you recount your life on that Day the Lord will show you personally what great faith you have and what your naked eye could not see. Its always the broken hearted the downcast the failures of this world that Jesus makes Heroes out of, for the most part.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25398390
United States
11/04/2012 09:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Quote Chumpisme "The point is this: Jesus certainly criticized — even bitterly so — the corruptions in the institutional religion of his time, but he by no means called for its wholesale dismantling. He was, in point of fact, a loyal, observant, law-abiding Jew. "

=============================================

It seems like we have reached the time linked with the days of Noah. Just as Luke 18:8 indicates, the pope and the clergy do not appear to have the true faith anymore, while the most Christlike clergy such as Bishop Williamson are excommunicated. There has been a criminal coup and the clergy can no longer be trusted, just like 2000 years ago. True Christians know the laws of God and question supporting a gang of criminal usurpers who continue to make a mockery of the Catholic faith.
Mary
User ID: 20541213
United States
11/05/2012 12:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

In his theology of justification by grace alone, Luther conveniently overlooked a plethora of biblical texts, including many from St. Paul, whom he claimed as his principle inspiration. In the parable of the sheep and goats from Matthew 25, it is clear that salvation is dependent, not primarily on faith, but on the quality of our love, especially toward those who are weakest and poorest.

The same Paul who spoke of justification through faith also said, “If I have faith enough to move the mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.” And the same Paul who experienced the risen Jesus in an intensely personal moment of conversion also spoke eloquently and often of becoming a member of Jesus’ “mystical body,” which is the Church.

In short, the Bible drives a wedge neither between faith and love nor between individual salvation and ecclesial belonging. Further, the same Jesus who railed against the hypocritical legalism of the Pharisees also said, “I have come not to abolish the law but to fulfill it.” And the same Jesus who threatened to tear down the Temple in Jerusalem also promised “in three days to rebuild it.”

The point is this: Jesus certainly criticized — even bitterly so — the corruptions in the institutional religion of his time, but he by no means called for its wholesale dismantling. He was, in point of fact, a loyal, observant, law-abiding Jew. What he affected was a transfiguration of the best of that classical Israelite religion — Temple, law, priesthood, sacrifice, covenant, etc. — into the institutions, sacraments, practices and structures of his mystical body, the Church.

If the young rapper in the video is against the corruptions of institutional religion up and down the ages, then he’s got an ally in me. Finding them is like shooting fish in a barrel and criticizing them is as easy as being against rotten eggs.

But if he is advocating an individualist spirituality that ignores the thousands of ties that bind believers to one another through sacrament, practice and institutional belonging, and if he’s calling for a theology that divorces Jesus from his body, the Church, then he’s got an opponent in me.

Lots of New Age devotees today want spirituality without religion, and lots of evangelicals want Jesus without religion. Both end up with abstractions. But the one thing Jesus is not is an abstraction. Rather, he is a spiritual power who makes himself available precisely in the dense institutional particularity of his mystical body across space and time.

Quoting: chumpisme

Jesus' temple in the New Covenant is His Church, singular, the Roman Catholic Church full of sinners and holy people.

The Remnant is Roman Catholic, if prophecy said something
different, truly, I would convert but it doesn't. God is going to bring Christianity together, one Lord, one faith, one baptism and non-Christians to the faith.

I love Father Barron. To stand where Jesus stood and the
story at the end of the video is quite amazing. Both, give
you chills, good chills.

The Mystery of eating Jesus' Flesh...

[link to www.youtube.com]
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/05/2012 04:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Quote Chumpisme "The point is this: Jesus certainly criticized — even bitterly so — the corruptions in the institutional religion of his time, but he by no means called for its wholesale dismantling. He was, in point of fact, a loyal, observant, law-abiding Jew. "

=============================================

It seems like we have reached the time linked with the days of Noah. Just as Luke 18:8 indicates, the pope and the clergy do not appear to have the true faith anymore, while the most Christlike clergy such as Bishop Williamson are excommunicated. There has been a criminal coup and the clergy can no longer be trusted, just like 2000 years ago. True Christians know the laws of God and question supporting a gang of criminal usurpers who continue to make a mockery of the Catholic faith.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25398390

Hi Classicom..going to post a utube of Bishop Williamson..or two..maybe a few here dont know who he is hf
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/05/2012 04:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/05/2012 04:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/05/2012 04:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

It is what is in the heart that counts..I agree..heart as in the true essence of oneself..God will not be fooled..and sees everything..

We can hide things from others..we can white wash them and try to appear something or someone we are not..we can fool others but never God..he sees everything..God Presence..Presencia de Dios..

For what you do even to the least among themyou do to Him hf
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/05/2012 04:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Special prayer for the unity of the Catholic Church and may agreement be found between differing factions..and unity re established..especially now in these end times..we have to come together as One
hf
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/05/2012 04:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
we have a common foe..let us unite as one..
hf
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/05/2012 04:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: chumpisme

Jesus' temple in the New Covenant is His Church, singular, the Roman Catholic Church full of sinners and holy people.

The Remnant is Roman Catholic, if prophecy said something
different, truly, I would convert but it doesn't. God is going to bring Christianity together, one Lord, one faith, one baptism and non-Christians to the faith.

I love Father Barron. To stand where Jesus stood and the
story at the end of the video is quite amazing. Both, give
you chills, good chills.

The Mystery of eating Jesus' Flesh...

[link to www.youtube.com]
 Quoting: Mary 20541213

I see it like this

A storm is coming..we already see the clouds in the horizon..a storm wwhere two different winds will meet and clash

Only the strongest ships will be able to weather the waves..and sail through it..and that in my opinion is the Catholic Church..

the power of the many consecrated souls that pray endlessly are the powerful sails that will keep the ship on course

The Holy Sacraments..its wheel

Christs words the compass

Our Faith the mastery in steering it

And the Holy Spirit the stars that will guide us

The name of the Ships Captain..Peter

And the ships name..Marys Immaculate Heart
hf
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/06/2012 12:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

It is what is in the heart that counts..I agree..heart as in the true essence of oneself..God will not be fooled..and sees everything..

We can hide things from others..we can white wash them and try to appear something or someone we are not..we can fool others but never God..he sees everything..God Presence..Presencia de Dios..

Quoting: wildhoney

Yes, thats the key! God's Presence. Some, maybe many lack this. That Presence is the silver cord connected to the faith that is in your heart. But many do not have this connection. But all can reconnect with God especially and even Christians. Amos 8:11Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.....This is that Day, Apostasy dis connection to God, this is not faith. More of a form thereof.......Words that come directly from the Lord are very few and very sparse and we live in that Day of exploitation mentioned in the beginning of that chapter. ...John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.......Many Sheep but so few that can hear Him. They cant hear rather, listen to Him anymore if ever because they tuned Him out.....John 15:5 "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.[Apostasy]... 3You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you..[the message spoken is the direct words that come from the Lord Himself]...verse 7 ..... and my words remain in you. So how does one hear God? It takes faith and trust and patience, well patience is a form of faith. An expectation. Hebrews 11:1 Weymouth New Testament
Now faith is a well-grounded assurance of that for which we hope, and a conviction of the reality of things which we do not see.... The Spirit of God is the witness in every believer. You shouldnt be coaxed by others as to what God is saying in our time and what He means by what He says. All on a personal level. Well we are all connected arent we? or are we? The lack of respect for one another is a sure sign of disconnect from the Shepherd, for He shows respect to all and respect is a poduct or produce of love. Galatians 5:22 Weymouth New Testament
The Spirit, on the other hand, brings a harvest of love, joy, peace; patience towards others, kindness benevolence;...John 15:5 "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit/......I see a lot of trash talk I dont see the produce of the Spirit nor are words of the Lord being spoken through the trash talkers. God does not use trash talkers. You reap what you sow.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27116635
Spain
11/06/2012 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, thats the key! God's Presence. Some, maybe many lack this. That Presence is the silver cord connected to the faith that is in your heart. But many do not have this connection. But all can reconnect with God especially and even Christians. Amos 8:11Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.....This is that Day, Apostasy dis connection to God, this is not faith. More of a form thereof.......Words that come directly from the Lord are very few and very sparse and we live in that Day of exploitation mentioned in the beginning of that chapter. ...John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.......Many Sheep but so few that can hear Him. They cant hear rather, listen to Him anymore if ever because they tuned Him out.....John 15:5 "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.[Apostasy]... 3You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you..[the message spoken is the direct words that come from the Lord Himself]...verse 7 ..... and my words remain in you. So how does one hear God? It takes faith and trust and patience, well patience is a form of faith. An expectation. Hebrews 11:1 Weymouth New Testament
Now faith is a well-grounded assurance of that for which we hope, and a conviction of the reality of things which we do not see.... The Spirit of God is the witness in every believer. You shouldnt be coaxed by others as to what God is saying in our time and what He means by what He says. All on a personal level. Well we are all connected arent we? or are we? The lack of respect for one another is a sure sign of disconnect from the Shepherd, for He shows respect to all and respect is a poduct or produce of love. Galatians 5:22 Weymouth New Testament
The Spirit, on the other hand, brings a harvest of love, joy, peace; patience towards others, kindness benevolence;...John 15:5 "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit/......I see a lot of trash talk I dont see the produce of the Spirit nor are words of the Lord being spoken through the trash talkers. God does not use trash talkers. You reap what you sow.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/06/2012 10:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/06/2012 09:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Your a prize fighter in a ring in a big arena. Your fighting the current champ so all you can hear is the cheers for the champ. You have a few fans cheering for you but you cant hear over the cheers and jeers. The real truth is that you have many more applauding you but you cant see them. Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses........vaporous clouds that we cant see for they are so close around us, encompassed. en·com·pass
1. To form a circle or ring around; surround. See Synonyms at surround.
2. To enclose; envelop.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/07/2012 06:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry..havent posted lately..I think that utube bothered me in some way..dunno..
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/07/2012 06:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
God works in mysterious ways..cos I am off synch ..I thought I will c/p about fatima..and here is what I found..remember I talked about the amazing coincidences regarding JPII funeral and Fatima?..please take the time to read this..
[link to www.holyspiritinteractive.net]
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/07/2012 06:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
nd the link provides some but not all. I prefer not to detail them in case I make a mistake..I hope to find another link..
But some very odd "coincidences" between fatima and JPII funeral imo..
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/07/2012 06:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.holyspiritinteractive.net]
When Pope John Paul II died on April 2, 2005 there were any number of fascinating coincidences that surrounded his death. They were the sort of thing that make you go “hmmmm” and (if one is a wobbly agnostic) begin to suspect that maybe You Know Who has His hand in things after all.

For instance, John Paul managed to go to his reward in the one sliver of time which tied together Easter, Fatima and the Divine Mercy Feast which he himself had established (he died on Saturday evening, the Vigil of the Feast of Divine Mercy, which falls in the Octave of Easter). Given the movable nature of the Easter Feast (not to mention the moveable nature of First Saturdays, a devotion associated with the apparitions of our Lady of Fatima), this is as impressive a bit of chance, if chance it was, as you could ask for. However, like so much about his papacy, one does get the sense that such a theatrical gesture must have pleased him as he approached the Pearly Gates. It had everything: it tied together Our Lady of Fatima (on whose feast day he was shot, May 13, 1981), as well as the Third Secret of Fatima (which, in part, concerned the shooting), as well as St. Faustina, a fellow Pole whose private revelation concerning the Divine Mercy so appealed to John Paul II, the author of Dives in Misericordia.

And the weirdness doesn’t end there. Seekers of signs will also find that there was a partial eclipse on the day of his funeral: God flying the flag at half staff. Nor is that all: for it also turns out John Paul was born during a solar eclipse too. One of my readers wrote at the time, offering this bit of homespun exegesis of all this:

Here's an interesting thing I noticed about the upcoming eclipse: It will occur while it is night in Rome and Poland. As night falls on the Supreme Pontiff and his homeland, God has ordained that it will fall on the rest of the world as well.

And though one need not insist on any of this as a divine sign, one should not be terribly surprised that some took it so. Given his devotion to Our Lady of Fatima (whose great sign was the Miracle of the Sun) and her rescue of him (as he plainly believed) on May 13, 1981 (the anniversary of the first appearance of Mary at Fatima), it's hard not to see Something Significant betokened by all this.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/07/2012 07:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
My opinion..very spiritually intense happenings in 2005..
regarding Fatima et non
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/07/2012 07:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
SPARK FROM HEAVEN': POPE SEEN AS SIGN OF COMING EVENTS AND WAS LINKED TO SEERS

With the passing of John Paul II the prophetic adrenaline is flowing as seldom before, and for good reason: the Pope not only changed history -- making himself the focus of prophecy -- but was himself wide open to supernatural manifestations.

Under John Paul II the great mystic Padre Pio was canonized, as was Sister Faustina of Poland, who received the Divine Mercy revelations. A statue exuding tears was approved in Italy, as were apparitions in such places as Kibeho, Rwanda, Cuapa, Nicaragua, and Betania, Venezuela. It was John Paul II, through Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, who in 1986 stopped a local bishop from rejecting the apparitions at Medjugorje (in Bosnia-Hercegovina).

Meanwhile, and meaningfully, his passing comes quickly in the wake of the deaths of famed mystics Maria Esperanza and Sister Lucia dos Santos of Fatima -- speeding the prophetic pulse. There is also Terri Schiavo: even secular outlets are calling it an uncanny "coincidence" that the "culture of life" Pope, who lobbied hard for Terri's life, and who was reportedly deeply upset on hearing news of her death, died two days after she did -- the Pope passing in a disabled state but with the dignity he wanted for everyone.

The connection to Fatima remains the strongest mystical link. The Pope credited Our Lady of Fatima with saving his life in 1981 and is believed to be the "bishop in white" mentioned in the legendary "third secret" -- which he released in 2000.

He may also be connected to the revelation of St. Faustina Kowalska of Poland -- the Divine Mercy saint who had quoted Jesus as saying, "I bear a special love for Poland and if she will be obedient to My will, I will exalt her in might and holiness. From her will come forth the spark that will prepare the world for My final coming" (Diary 1732).

Many have long believed that John Paul II was that "spark," and such speculation can only gain momentum by further "coincidences," especially the fact that John Paul II died Saturday -- at the end of a more than weeklong Divine Mercy novena -- and on the vigil of the Feast of Divine Mercy that he himself had instituted. The first Mass offered for him was a Mass of Divine Mercy.

Thus, by that calculation, the death of the Pope is the harbinger of huge events. The death of this deeply Marian Pope also came on the First Saturday of the month, and was followed by suddenly fierce winds in Italy.

The Pope's passing also brings into play the prophecies of St. Malachy O'Morgair, an Irish monk who supposedly had a vision of the future popes while visiting Rome in 1139. The authenticity of the event is greatly disputed, and like all mysticism should be strictly discerned, but St. Malachy is said to have prophesied the list of popes through short, esoteric nicknames.

By this reckoning, if we accept it as a legitimate prophecy, John Paul II was De Labore Solis ("from the labor of the sun"), and would be followed by only two more popes -- the next being De Gloria Olivae ("from the glory of the olive") and then Petrus Romanus ("Peter the Roman").
The prophecies about the number of popes are many and often differ markedly from one another. At the popular and controversial site of Garabandal in Spain, a seer named Conchita Gonzalez once noted, "The Blessed Virgin said in 1962 that there will be only two more popes after Paul VI."

There was also St. John Bosco, who foresaw a time when a pontiff would stand at the helm of a noble ship in turbulent seas and guide it to safe passage between twin pillars that represent the Blessed Mother and the Eucharist. No Pope in history was more dedicated to the Virgin Mary than John Paul II, and he had declared the current year as the "Year of the Eucharist"!

more at link
[link to www.spiritdaily.com]
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/07/2012 07:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
now...do some research and check the "coincidences" between Terry Schiavo..the process and eventual death..the translation of the names in English..the timing etc..and Easter and all it represents..

And both Sor Lucia and Pope JPII were praying for Terry Schiavo allegedly

And they all died in proximity with eathother

more
I asked Stafford about the coincidence that the pope’s health struggles are playing out at the same moment as the Terry Schiavo drama in the United States. As it turns out, we were speaking just hours before she died.

“The Holy Father is a pointer to the dignity of life in every circumstance, even when we can’t communicate adequately our thoughts, our love, our friendship for others, except in gestures of frustration,” Stafford said, contrasting that with the Schiavo case, which he called “an abuse of power over human life.”

Stafford did not mince words in condemning the decision to allow Schiavo to die.

“This is an enormous misuse of power pointing the way towards totalitarian abuses,” he said. “It’s very ominous about the type of society the future holds for our country.”

[link to www.nationalcatholicreporter.org]
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/07/2012 07:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
I remember this and I had an uncanny feeling that the fate of America was linked to that of Terry Schiavo ..that if the life support would be withdrawn the US was condemning itself..just an opinion here..so take it for what its worth..

Very intense spiritual time 2005 around Easter..very hf I remember it vividly
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/07/2012 07:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
I know this sounds ridiculous..:) I understand

But I was glued to the TV..didnt have computer then

and I was praying..

for weeks..
I had the feeling that all was on the balance there..that the US was given a choice..and it depended on the decision regarding Terry Schiavo..

That if the final decision was made and life support withdrawn..the fate of the US was sealed.

Ill never forget that time..it was intense..I personally have never felt like that ever before or after..something spiritually very intense I felt was going on..but as I say ..just my opinion..so cool hf

Just a personal feeling and opinion..so please do not take offence if you do not agree..which I understand of course
peace
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16815062
Canada
11/07/2012 08:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wildhoney what are your thoughts on:

-La Salette
-Our Lady of Good Success
-imposter sister Lucia theory(Lucia from the 40's looks nothing like the Lucia from the 60's onward)
-Padre Pio passing just before Novus Ordo mass implemented
-didn't the 3rd secret have to be divulged to the world at sister Lucia's death or before 1960 whichever came first.
-priests of Hiroshima (survived ground zero with no health effects or radiation)
-Marie Julie Jahenny
Angel Helper

User ID: 283243
United States
11/07/2012 09:11 AM

Report Abusive Post
Special prayer for the unity of the Catholic Church and may agreement be found between differing factions..and unity re established..especially now in these end times..we have to come together as One
hf

We christians will have to come together as we have mutual enemy. To defeat him, we must come together and defeat him. God will use the "warning" to show us the truth. In that way, all who profess His truth and believe it, will be a part of the army of Christ who will defeat the satan.
Live and let live, for we all have our own lessons to learn.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/07/2012 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Lots of interesting posts...thank you
as I said..will reply..
I will reply to the specific ones now though

GLP