not a suggestion ..its a mandate
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27116635
Spain
11/08/2012 12:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: more about the Fatima apparitions..
Christianity is not what we want it to be. Christianity is Christ and His teachings

Christianity is not a rubber glove that fits everyone..

Christianity is a very narrow door which has been opened thanks to Him, a door which is a privilege to even try to walk through..and a great victory if we achieve it

We must not bend Christianity to suit our personal beliefs..

we must be true and faithful to Him

and to His teachings

we are not perfect..we fail..we sin..we make mistakes etc..but we can try to do better

what we musnt do is embrace our errors and wrap Christianity around them to make them more palatable to ourselves and others

because Christ is not one to be fooled..ever

he was gentle and loving ..kind and compassionate

but in matters of the father He didnt mince words

we have an episode that denotes His righteous anger and fury with the money changers

and we also know he did not injure any ever

we have the episode where in His righteous anger He called out the pharisees..

that was Christ

that is Christianity

all the above my humble opinion
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/08/2012 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
and yes I TOTALLY disagree with this Christ Rey while one fires bullets..kills and shoots

what would Christ say??
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/08/2012 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Did He ever?

so why do we think we should know better than Him?
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/08/2012 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
In fact I find it OFFENSIVE!

In His name!
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/08/2012 12:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
How dare anyone elevate the taking of anothers life and white wash it with a strange form of understanding of Christ and His teachings?..

How dare anyone!!

All my opinion..one of the only few free spheres left
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/08/2012 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
With all due respect guys..and then everyone is praying for His return? have you any idea what He is going to say about all this?
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/08/2012 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is Christ..and remember He could have destroyed them all like little gnats with just uttering a word..yet He didnt..His disciples could have killed in His name to avenge Him or try to protect Him yet they didnt

WHO and WHAT is more important than Christ?

yet not one life was lost to try to save Him

time to get real here guys in my most humble opinion
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21500116
Canada
11/09/2012 12:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is Christ..and remember He could have destroyed them all like little gnats with just uttering a word..yet He didnt..His disciples could have killed in His name to avenge Him or try to protect Him yet they didnt

Quoting: wildhoney

Hebrews 12:2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.... The target in our life is or should be the Lord's character and to emulate his many attributes that concern life. The life all around us, every living thing and life itself. But to attain these wonderful qualities we have to stop looking at our own short comings and persue the life of God in our oun life. Love light and all that is good. You stop looking at your failures and look to the success you are becoming from day to day..... Hebrews 1:3 The Son radiates God's own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/09/2012 12:52 AM
Report Abusive Post

Hebrews 12:2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.... The target in our life is or should be the Lord's character and to emulate his many attributes that concern life. The life all around us, every living thing and life itself. But to attain these wonderful qualities we have to stop looking at our own short comings and pursue the life of God in our oun life. Love light and all that is good. You stop looking at your failures and look to the success you are becoming from day to day..... Hebrews 1:3 The Son radiates God's own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21500116

Being Canadian I most likely played ice hockey, well I did as a defense-men. What I learned was that I could not score a goal unless I aimed for a target on the net. When I did I came pretty close to scoring a goal. If I shot the puck without picking a target it became anyone's guess where the puck would hit. Simple analogy on a simple path in spirituality. Always aim for the target of your goals, pun intended, lol.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/09/2012 03:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Hebrews 12:2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.... The target in our life is or should be the Lord's character and to emulate his many attributes that concern life. The life all around us, every living thing and life itself. But to attain these wonderful qualities we have to stop looking at our own short comings and pursue the life of God in our oun life. Love light and all that is good. You stop looking at your failures and look to the success you are becoming from day to day..... Hebrews 1:3 The Son radiates God's own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven.

Being Canadian I most likely played ice hockey, well I did as a defense-men. What I learned was that I could not score a goal unless I aimed for a target on the net. When I did I came pretty close to scoring a goal. If I shot the puck without picking a target it became anyone's guess where the puck would hit. Simple analogy on a simple path in spirituality. Always aim for the target of your goals, pun intended, lol.

Hey I have a hockey T shirt present from this friend of mine from Canada. Cant remember the name of the team..the T Shirt is red and shite.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/09/2012 04:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

So true..many give up because they are imperfect..we all are..and because they/we are imperfect we think God simply cant love us and or listen to us..But God IS LOVE..and He made us..and knows us..and loves us with all our imperfections

Just like babies that are trying to walk..He is there stretching out a hand saying..come on ..one more step..you can do it..dont give up..I am here..if you fall I will help you get up again..keep on..
Classiccom

User ID: 26402679
United States
11/09/2012 08:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to bible.cc]

Douay-Rheims Bible
But they said: Nothing. Then said he unto them: But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise a scrip; and he that hath not, let him sell his coat, and buy a sword

(of course when you believe in the new magic wand religion, (bishops consecrating Russia) you don't have to get involved in all those nasty things like thinking, chasing out the money changers from the temple, protecting your family from tyranny, etc, etc. The Protestants have a similar track - I'm saved and need not lift a finger. Infallibility, fresh out of the closet in 1870, has led to magic wand solutions. The big guy does all the infallible thinking and everyone else finds ways to ignore their brain. THis is exactly how the antiChrist and his global superstate tyranny will operate.

Some little girls were never spanked and are not comfortable with physical violence that is REQUIRED under extreme situations such as self defense. In Delaware USA, there is a new law that could send you to jail if you spank your children. I don't think Jesus ever spanked children but does that mean we should not either?

Douay-Rheims Bible
He that spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26402679
United States
11/09/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hark, the angels sing. But watch out, the devil does come as an angel of light. That peaceful easy feeling is not the appropriate response while your are under attack.

Please pray for the soul of Paul McCartney. I believe he has formally renounced his Catholic faith (like George Harrison) and may be studying in a synagogue. Another Catholic who married outside the faith, just like Joe Biden and his daughter. Biden always carried a rosary with him and this makes me so skeptical of this "Mary" devotion.
chumpisme

User ID: 24004253
Canada
11/09/2012 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
by Sr. Mary Francisca

The blessed Cross has but one purpose and that is to empty our hearts of worldliness and self, that we may be filled to overflowing with the love of Jesus Christ.

Nothing else in life will have mattered, neither what we possessed nor what we became nor what we had accomplished. If love is lacking, everything is for naught. Hell is hell because it contains no love. The devil is keenly aware that if he can seed hate in the hearts of men, love will be driven out and his victory assured.

Suffering on a natural and human level causes narrowness, bitterness, self-centeredness and discontent; whereas suffering, elevated by grace to the supernatural level, unites us intimately with the sufferings in the Heart of our Crucified Savior, empties our own hearts of self, and fills us to overflowing with the pure substance of the love of the Heart of Jesus Christ. This abundance of the love of Christ will then overflow from our hearts to all souls.

We must beg Our Lady for the courage and grace to be transformed by our crosses and pains - to make us better not bitter! We must have a living faith that realizes the Word of Christ applies to us now and forever: Christ loves me! Ponder often the Altar of Love, study your Crucifix! How very much we are loved! The devil gains a victory each time he can plant in our hearts and souls a doubt that the love of God for us is unconditional and constant. He will then devour that soul. Even when we are sinful and unworthy, God loves us!

The only cure for doubt and hate is an intense awareness of being loved, both by God and Our Blessed Mother. Love is the only cure for hate!! Those who are the most unlovable and the most filled with self, need this divine remedy more than all others. The Divine Physician sought out those who were most sick in mind, body and soul, went to them and poured upon them the medicine of His love: that medicine which cures both the body and soul.

To the sickest and the most unlovable, He poured out His healing remedy ever more abundantly and freely. Therefore, let us give to each other all that we have, not counting the cost. Pray for one another without ceasing, beg from Jesus Crucified and from the Immaculata, all the graces needed that our many trials, crosses and pains here below, will make of us, "GOD - BEARERS!"

May we go forth with Mary carrying the adorable presence of Jesus Christ into the whole world!
[link to www.spiritdaily.com]
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/09/2012 03:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to bible.cc]

Douay-Rheims Bible
But they said: Nothing. Then said he unto them: But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise a scrip; and he that hath not, let him sell his coat, and buy a sword

(of course when you believe in the new magic wand religion, (bishops consecrating Russia) you don't have to get involved in all those nasty things like thinking, chasing out the money changers from the temple, protecting your family from tyranny, etc, etc. The Protestants have a similar track - I'm saved and need not lift a finger. Infallibility, fresh out of the closet in 1870, has led to magic wand solutions. The big guy does all the infallible thinking and everyone else finds ways to ignore their brain. THis is exactly how the antiChrist and his global superstate tyranny will operate.

Some little girls were never spanked and are not comfortable with physical violence that is REQUIRED under extreme situations such as self defense. In Delaware USA, there is a new law that could send you to jail if you spank your children. I don't think Jesus ever spanked children but does that mean we should not either?

Douay-Rheims Bible
He that spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes.
 Quoting: Classiccom

lol..Classicom what is it with you and thinking I should have been spanked when a little girl..wassup with that huh?lol
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/09/2012 03:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to bible.cc]

Douay-Rheims Bible

Douay-Rheims Bible
 Quoting: Classiccom

Did any of the Disciples ever use a sword to defend themselves or Christ? except Peter and He was reprimanded?
Nope..
Pa resident1

User ID: 25278920
United States
11/09/2012 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Fatima in my opinion is amongst the most relevant and important apparitions of Our Lady..

Fatima directly connected to end time prophecy..?

Try not to be deceived by Satan and his tricks. Don't you think he can't pull off tricks that you fall for and get deceived by. Good luck. Maybe in your next life you'll figure it out.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17504408

SATAN does NOT tell people to turn back to GOD and follow Her Son Jesus!!!!

bump
"When you don't keep your word, you lose credibility and trustworthy friends"
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/09/2012 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
by Sr. Mary Francisca

The blessed Cross has but one purpose and that is to empty our hearts of worldliness and self, that we may be filled to overflowing with the love of Jesus Christ.

Nothing else in life will have mattered, neither what we possessed nor what we became nor what we had accomplished. If love is lacking, everything is for naught. Hell is hell because it contains no love. The devil is keenly aware that if he can seed hate in the hearts of men, love will be driven out and his victory assured.

Suffering on a natural and human level causes narrowness, bitterness, self-centeredness and discontent; whereas suffering, elevated by grace to the supernatural level, unites us intimately with the sufferings in the Heart of our Crucified Savior, empties our own hearts of self, and fills us to overflowing with the pure substance of the love of the Heart of Jesus Christ. This abundance of the love of Christ will then overflow from our hearts to all souls.

We must beg Our Lady for the courage and grace to be transformed by our crosses and pains - to make us better not bitter! We must have a living faith that realizes the Word of Christ applies to us now and forever: Christ loves me! Ponder often the Altar of Love, study your Crucifix! How very much we are loved! The devil gains a victory each time he can plant in our hearts and souls a doubt that the love of God for us is unconditional and constant. He will then devour that soul. Even when we are sinful and unworthy, God loves us!

The only cure for doubt and hate is an intense awareness of being loved, both by God and Our Blessed Mother. Love is the only cure for hate!! Those who are the most unlovable and the most filled with self, need this divine remedy more than all others. The Divine Physician sought out those who were most sick in mind, body and soul, went to them and poured upon them the medicine of His love: that medicine which cures both the body and soul.

To the sickest and the most unlovable, He poured out His healing remedy ever more abundantly and freely. Therefore, let us give to each other all that we have, not counting the cost. Pray for one another without ceasing, beg from Jesus Crucified and from the Immaculata, all the graces needed that our many trials, crosses and pains here below, will make of us, "GOD - BEARERS!"

May we go forth with Mary carrying the adorable presence of Jesus Christ into the whole world!
[link to www.spiritdaily.com]
 Quoting: chumpisme

The Love of Christ gives joy hf
because it is a love that is transparent and pure..there is no ego.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/09/2012 03:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
How many people have we met without an ego? and are we without an ego?

The ego creates so so many problems in this world..between people ..on a global level..on a personal level..the ego cares for things that are fleeting..passing..and do not fill..the ego places itself before everything and everyone

To know someone without an ego

Christ had NO EGO

can you imagine the beauty and peace of knowing someone like that_
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/09/2012 03:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Always forgiving..always compassionate..always understanding..
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/09/2012 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Fatima in my opinion is amongst the most relevant and important apparitions of Our Lady..

Try not to be deceived by Satan and his tricks. Don't you think he can't pull off tricks that you fall for and get deceived by. Good luck. Maybe in your next life you'll figure it out.

bump
 Quoting: Pa resident1

hf or to not sin..and to repent etc..
Pa resident1

User ID: 25278920
United States
11/09/2012 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

bump

Yep. hf

It really makes me wonder why some say such things. If they would read the messages, they would CLEARLY see it is the Mother of Christ pleading with humanity (for those who have strayed) to turn back to God and follow the teachings of Her Son. Well, I guess it will take the Illumination to convince the rest that the happenings at Fatima is real and so are others like Medjugorie, Lourdes, Conyers, Ga, Brazil, and Emmitsburg, MD. ALL of God!
"When you don't keep your word, you lose credibility and trustworthy friends"
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/09/2012 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

bump

Yep. hf

It really makes me wonder why some say such things. If they would read the messages, they would CLEARLY see it is the Mother of Christ pleading with humanity (for those who have strayed) to turn back to God and follow the teachings of Her Son. Well, I guess it will take the Illumination to convince the rest that the happenings at Fatima is real and so are others like Medjugorie, Lourdes, Conyers, Ga, Brazil, and Emmitsburg, MD. ALL of God!

many people just repeat what they hear on the TV..many of them do anyway..and believe it as if it were absolute truth..it is utterly amazing

so it is for us..to take a moment and explain about Christ about fatima etc....when we meet someone like this
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/09/2012 05:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
How many people have we met without an ego? and are we without an ego?

The ego creates so so many problems in this world..between people ..on a global level..on a personal level..the ego cares for things that are fleeting..passing..and do not fill..the ego places itself before everything and everyone

To know someone without an ego

Christ had NO EGO

can you imagine the beauty and peace of knowing someone like that_

Philippians 2: 5You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.

6Though he was God,

he did not think of equality with God

as something to cling to.

7Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;

he took the humble position of a slave

and was born as a human being.

When he appeared in human form,

8he humbled himself in obedience to God

and died a criminal’s death on a cross.......When you see others who claim the Name pontificating about politics and anything but Christ you have to search your own heart to see why they do this. If they are preaching their brand of politics and their favorite brand of religion then surely Christ is not there. They are to busy preaching the message of the anti Christ; what is opposed to the qualities of Christ, and that ladies and gentlemen is the spirit of the anti Christ spoken of in the scriptures. Denying the real Jesus Christ of His place in their life and in what they say. Like Jesus said ; "On judgment day many will say to me, 'Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.' Matthew 7:22 . Ladies and gentlemen we are right at the door of Judgement Day, right at the door. Once the door opens this is the very first words they will certainly hear; " And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt 7:23. People who claim the Name of Jesus yet have no connection to Him He even does not know them as His own yet there claims are grand and propheci in grand fashion at that. "Look! Jesus told me this! He gave me a vision! He says, He says , He says..." and on and on with the show. Show business, gain the talent of acting and get a job in Hollywood or kindly stop your facade. If you dont you will be rewarded with the pay you so crave, its not what you think though.....WHEN TRUTH IS REJECTED THE ONLY ALTERNATIVE IS DARKNESS. And when you reject the truth and die in darkness you will remain in the darkness, outer darkness that Jesus warned His people about. I have seen it, it is real. Sadly many of you who make claims will see this place too. You will rue the day you rejected the truth, you really really will.
chumpisme

User ID: 24004253
Canada
11/09/2012 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ego....
I love this:

My child, know that the greatest obstacles to holiness are discouragement and an exaggerated anxiety.
These will deprive you of the ability to practice virtue. All temptations united together ought not disturb your interior peace, not even momentarily.
Sensitiveness and discouragement are the fruits of self-love.

Diary of St. Faustina
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/09/2012 05:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
We are so blessed..because even when we think that he doesnt love us..could never love us..even when we feel pain for the mistakes or errors we have made ..we must come to the realization..that he never stopped loving us..because he is love and can do nothing but love us

Where there is doubt and hurt there is only healing..because to understand that it was ever only love..

he loves us not because we are perfect..he loves us despite our imperfections..
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/09/2012 05:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Have we really reached out to Him..begging for His return..not because we want something from Him..not because we want Him to save us..not because we want Him to make the world a better place..but simply because we love Him*q.M*

how many people followed Him because they wanted something from Him or expected to get something from Him *q.m* and how many because they loved Him....*q.m* just to be near Him because they loved Him *q.m* without asking for anything in return
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/09/2012 10:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Have we really reached out to Him..begging for His return..not because we want something from Him..not because we want Him to save us..not because we want Him to make the world a better place..but simply because we love Him*q.M*

how many people followed Him because they wanted something from Him or expected to get something from Him *q.m* and how many because they loved Him....*q.m* just to be near Him because they loved Him *q.m* without asking for anything in return

Absolutely! But He is being presented as a Thing and not a person. A lot of persons use Him for their own agenda whether it be politics in Church and or in State. Even for their own ego because they suffer such low self esteem. A strange spiral they have low self esteem because they dont know the love of God on a personal level. If they knew how much God really loves them they would not suffer from such low self esteem. To make up for this low self esteem they exaggerate their importance. Not that they are not important they feel like others are more important then they are so they substitute that feeling for [as a defense shield] for a feeling of greater importance above those they feel intimidated by.....To a large extent this is true because they dont fully understand the love of God on a personal level. These are Christians that I am mostly talking about. A lot of them dont know any better because no one and I mean no one among their faith based leadership is correcting them or teaching them properly. And if they did they would[the leaders] would have to live by their own instructions that they teach. I think it goes deeper than that. ...The simplest way to love God is to learn about Him on a personal level. Anyone can say the word love but to know it and operate by its life giving principles is another thing altogether different.... I hope that saying is not true "the people are only as good as their leaders". At least in the case of a people lacking a knowledge of God and His presence. I guess some parents dont mind their children eating candy unrelentlessly and by so doing are guilty of their poor health. Correction has its place in its time, that time is long past its time IMHO.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/09/2012 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Absolutely! But He is being presented as a Thing and not a person. A lot of persons use Him for their own agenda whether it be politics in Church and or in State. Even for their own ego because they suffer such low self esteem. A strange spiral they have low self esteem because they dont know the love of God on a personal level. If they knew how much God really loves them they would not suffer from such low self esteem. To make up for this low self esteem they exaggerate their importance. Not that they are not important they feel like others are more important then they are so they substitute that feeling for [as a defense shield] for a feeling of greater importance above those they feel intimidated by.....To a large extent this is true because they dont fully understand the love of God on a personal level. These are Christians that I am mostly talking about. A lot of them dont know any better because no one and I mean no one among their faith based leadership is correcting them or teaching them properly. And if they did they would[the leaders] would have to live by their own instructions that they teach. I think it goes deeper than that. ...The simplest way to love God is to learn about Him on a personal level. Anyone can say the word love but to know it and operate by its life giving principles is another thing altogether different.... I hope that saying is not true "the people are only as good as their leaders". At least in the case of a people lacking a knowledge of God and His presence. I guess some parents dont mind their children eating candy unrelentlessly and by so doing are guilty of their poor health. Correction has its place in its time, that time is long past its time IMHO.

I hope those stats. arnt true, the divorce stats among Church goers. I hope those reports of scandal in Christian churches and Christian ministries are not true. Facts are facts stats. dont lie but I guess one could manipulate the stats, I guess. Something is not right the Shepherd knows how to lead but how many really want to follow the Shepherd. Not many if you go by facts or stats.

GLP