Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,366 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 948,494
Pageviews Today: 1,303,746Threads Today: 368Posts Today: 6,076
10:55 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Disney's '1952' movie (2013) - The forgotten UFO disclosure project??

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26215787
United Kingdom
10/24/2012 12:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Disney's '1952' movie (2013) - The forgotten UFO disclosure project??
I have been reading into this subject for a while, and wanting to be a cartoonist from a very young age, the link's to Disney in the UFO world have always fascinated me. I have previously heard reports of a project where Uncle Sam approached Disney to make a movie about UFO disclosure way back in the 50's, but then the so called source of the materials to be used backed out. Disney have previously made interesting broadcast's on the topic, one of them being the 'Alien Encounters' show piece which was to launch one of it's new atractions. Yet the film delved deep in to what evidence suggests aliens are here. What's more interesting is the use of the language (bearing in mind Disney focuses in kids), there is no 'maybe' in their addressing, they pretty much state they are here which given their target audience, could be quite horrifying (The link for that one is at the bottom of this post).

But what of this new movie? Well, stringing together the bit's of info there already, it would seem someone has picked up what was supposed to be 'official disclosure' from the House of Mouse in the 50's and began to bring the project to life. Whilst I'm sure this will have the all the trimming's of a Disney family movie but vould this latest project be an attempt to bring some of that to life?..

"While at a MUFON symposium in 1979, Oscar-winning Disney animator and Imagineer Ward Kimball (the man behind Jiminy Cricket, The Mad Hatter and Pinocchio) claimed that the United States Air Force (USAF) had approached Walt Disney himself during the 1950s to request his cooperation on a documentary about UFOs that would help acclimate the American public to the reality of extraterrestrials. According to Kimball, in exchange for Disney’s cooperation, the USAF offered to furnish the production with genuine UFO footage. Kimball claimed that Disney accepted the deal and – ever faithful to Uncle Sam – began work immediately on the USAF project. It wasn’t long, however, before the USAF reneged on its offer of UFO footage. When Kimball challenged the USAF Colonel overseeing the project he was told that "there was indeed plenty of UFO footage, but that neither Kimball, nor anyone else was going to get access to it." The project was then abandoned and eventually forgotten by all but the few who had worked on it."

This is not the first time Uncle Same has pulled this stunt. I believe Linda moulton Howe was also appraoched but was then 'shot down' at the last minute when they pulled out.

" Vulture also reported on the movie’s mysterious back-story, which goes like this: last spring, Disney’s head of production, Sean Bailey, arranged for screenwriter Lindelof to be given access to “one of the studio’s odder curiosities: a banker’s box of files and documents that had been left moldering in Walt Disney’s personal development lab, WED Enterprises, which later became the studio’s vaunted Imagineering department.”

According to Vulture’s “spies”, the box was originally labelled with the title of Disney’s 1965 comedy That Darn Cat!, which had been crossed out and in its place was written “1952.” Apparently, inside the box was a “collection of documents and primary source materials that, when looked at all together, indicated that someone had been working on a project (movie? Theme park ride?) about alien contact."

And shortly after that statement was released, and so followed another...

" Vulture also reported on the movie’s mysterious back-story, which goes like this: last spring, Disney’s head of production, Sean Bailey, arranged for screenwriter Lindelof to be given access to “one of the studio’s odder curiosities: a banker’s box of files and documents that had been left moldering in Walt Disney’s personal development lab, WED Enterprises, which later became the studio’s vaunted Imagineering department.”

According to Vulture’s “spies”, the box was originally labelled with the title of Disney’s 1965 comedy That Darn Cat!, which had been crossed out and in its place was written “1952.” Apparently, inside the box was a “collection of documents and primary source materials that, when looked at all together, indicated that someone had been working on a project (movie? Theme park ride?) about alien contact.""

Full Article Link Here: [link to silverscreensaucers.blogspot.co.uk]

Disney's Alien Encounters link here: [link to www.youtube.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
10/24/2012 12:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Disney's '1952' movie (2013) - The forgotten UFO disclosure project??
*Edit

Final statement

" “Apparently I misunderstood my source for this story, who contacted me after it was posted to clarify that while it is true that 1952 is very much in the spirit of Close Encounters (and centers around a Roy Neary-like protagonist), it is not in fact about an alien encounter. My apologies for the erroneous plot description.”
"
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
10/24/2012 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Disney's '1952' movie (2013) - The forgotten UFO disclosure project??
bump

GLP