Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

If Jesus was God, who resurrected him?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1550123
United States
11/04/2012 05:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: If Jesus was God, who resurrected him?
Jesus said "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."

Jesus said "I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again."
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18298744

The authority received from Whom?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10793047

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

"Holy holy holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come."

a)We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. Revelation 11:17

= God the Father

b)… 18I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! Rev 1

= God´s Son/Messiah

c)... The revelation of Jesus Christ(2), which God (1) gave him(2) ... Rev 1:1

Jesus Christ is never referred to as Almighty God(he is referred to as Mighty). And for the Trinity to be true Jesus would have to hold that title and holy spirit would have to hold it as well. They must all be equal and they are not.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/04/2012 05:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus is God according to the Bible. You do believe what is written? It was written in the OT he would come as an anointed man. It happened.

Only God can resurrect? Create life? Jesus resurrected Lazarus.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 459940

Jesus resurrected people with God's power. Jesus could do nothing on his own. Almighty God does everything on His own but His son doesn't.

John 5:30
I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me. Therefore, my judgment is just, because I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/04/2012 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus said that He had the power to lay His life down and to take it back again.

SO..
God raised Jesus from the dead, yes He raised himself.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1505880

God did not die nor did He raise Himself from the dead. God's son died for our sins.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/04/2012 05:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
The trinity is a pagan doctrine perpetuated by the church. And when most trinitarians are confronted with the factsand history about the trinity they cannot handle it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26849827

The Godhead is biblical, Bahamatard.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Call it the Trinity, call it the Godhead, but it IS biblical.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26664995

No, it isn't. It was not taught by the first century Christians but was brought in later by Constantine. It is a pagan teaching.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26972864
Germany
11/04/2012 05:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Everyone has a spirit, the spirit in Jesus was the spirit of God. So yes Jesus was God in the flesh.
DGN  (OP)

User ID: 26983195
United States
11/05/2012 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Everyone has a spirit, the spirit in Jesus was the spirit of God. So yes Jesus was God in the flesh.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26972864

Think again;
"I, even I, have said in my heart with regard to the sons of mankind that the [true] God is going to select them, that they may see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For there is an eventuality as respects the sons of mankind and an eventuality as respects the beast, and they have the same eventuality. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit, so that there is no superiority of the man over the beast, for everything is vanity. 20 All are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust. 21 Who is there knowing the spirit of the sons of mankind, whether it is ascending upward; and the spirit of the beast, whether it is descending downward to the earth? 22 And I have seen that there is nothing better than that the man should rejoice in his works, for that is his portion; because who will bring him in to look on what is going to be after him?" Ecc3:14

Last Edited by DGN on 11/05/2012 02:42 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27073387
United States
11/05/2012 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
The trinity is a pagan doctrine perpetuated by the church. And when most trinitarians are confronted with the factsand history about the trinity they cannot handle it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26849827

The Godhead is biblical, Bahamatard.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Call it the Trinity, call it the Godhead, but it IS biblical.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26664995

No, it isn't. It was not taught by the first century Christians but was brought in later by Constantine. It is a pagan teaching.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1550123

It was taught and understood by the 1st & 2nd century Nazarene Christian because it is in the books of the Bible. Constantine and the RC accepted the Trinity because it is in the Bible, they have only added to it from their pagan religion, as Gnosticism does, twisting the 'virgin mary' as a coredemptrix and the pope in place of Jesus.

The trinity of the Godhead being Father Son and Holy Ghost is biblical as you reject the written word, mostly due to the fact you do not even use the real preserved word of God found only in the KJV.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24741371
United Kingdom
11/05/2012 03:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thats all well and good, but it was a bunch of power hungry romans that saw a chance at a power grab that decided what actually went into the bible at the council of nicea in 325 ad.

Look at it this way, why would a people persecute and kill a man, and then claim him as the son of their god?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18298744
United States
11/05/2012 07:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus said "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."

Jesus said "I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again."

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

a)We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. Revelation 11:17

= God the Father

b)… 18I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! Rev 1

= God´s Son/Messiah

Jesus said "I and the Father are one."

Jesus said "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."
DGN  (OP)

User ID: 26983195
United States
11/05/2012 11:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

= God the Father

= God´s Son/Messiah

Jesus said "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."

God talked about his father? So then..... who was God's mother?
charlie
DGN  (OP)

User ID: 27386144
United States
11/09/2012 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

= God the Father

= God´s Son/Messiah

Did he mean they were one single being or one in union of purpose?
"Now I exhort YOU, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that YOU should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among YOU, but that YOU may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought." 1Cor1:10
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21291600
United States
11/09/2012 12:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
".... until the day that he was taken up, after he had given commandment through holy spirit to the apostles whom he chose. 3 To these also by many positive proofs he showed himself alive after he had suffered, being seen by them throughout forty days and telling the things about the kingdom of God." Ac1:1
 Quoting: DGN

He was resurrected. He resurrected Himself.
I just posted a thread about the Shroud which shows from a particle physicists point of view that the radiation/VUV light that caused the image on the cloth came from within Jesus, not from an external source.
DGN  (OP)

United States
11/09/2012 02:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
".... until the day that he was taken up, after he had given commandment through holy spirit to the apostles whom he chose. 3 To these also by many positive proofs he showed himself alive after he had suffered, being seen by them throughout forty days and telling the things about the kingdom of God." Ac1:1

I just posted a thread about the Shroud which shows from a particle physicists point of view that the radiation/VUV light that caused the image on the cloth came from within Jesus, not from an external source.
 Quoting: Salt

How can a dead person think? Do you mean he never died, no ransom?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/09/2012 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

nobody dies.
until the second death, that is.

the flesh dies, however.
thank God.
DGN  (OP)

United States
11/09/2012 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

nobody dies.

the flesh dies, however.
thank God.

Where are you saying the non-dead are right now?
" I, even I, have said in my heart with regard to the sons of mankind that the [true] God is going to select them, that they may see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For there is an eventuality as respects the sons of mankind and an eventuality as respects the beast, and they have the same eventuality. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit, so that there is no superiority of the man over the beast, for everything is vanity. 20 All are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust. 21 Who is there knowing the spirit of the sons of mankind, whether it is ascending upward; and the spirit of the beast, whether it is descending downward to the earth? 22 And I have seen that there is nothing better than that the man should rejoice in his works, for that is his portion; because who will bring him in to look on what is going to be after him?" Ecc3:14
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/09/2012 05:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

nobody dies.

the flesh dies, however.
thank God.

" I, even I, have said in my heart with regard to the sons of mankind that the [true] God is going to select them, that they may see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For there is an eventuality as respects the sons of mankind and an eventuality as respects the beast, and they have the same eventuality. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit, so that there is no superiority of the man over the beast, for everything is vanity. 20 All are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust. 21 Who is there knowing the spirit of the sons of mankind, whether it is ascending upward; and the spirit of the beast, whether it is descending downward to the earth? 22 And I have seen that there is nothing better than that the man should rejoice in his works, for that is his portion; because who will bring him in to look on what is going to be after him?" Ecc3:14

Thread: The Truth about Hell - but the mainstream fundies can't accept it. and maybe you can't either
DGN  (OP)

United States
11/09/2012 07:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

nobody dies.

the flesh dies, however.
thank God.

Thread: The Truth about Hell - but the mainstream fundies can't accept it. and maybe you can't either

The truth about hell is it's the common grave for all mankind and animal alike as revealed above in Ecc3:14
The difference is humans are in safe keeping in Jehovah's memory and scheduled for a second chance by resurrection during the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Jo5:28
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/09/2012 07:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

nobody dies.

the flesh dies, however.
thank God.

The truth about hell is it's the common grave for all mankind and animal alike as revealed above in Ecc3:14
The difference is humans are in safe keeping in Jehovah's memory and scheduled for a second chance by resurrection during the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Jo5:28

and that is where i leave the conversation.
SevenThunders

User ID: 15851599
United States
11/09/2012 08:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
You don't understand time. It doesn't exist. God is not only omni-present he is omni-temporal. He is every when.

Taking this further God is infinite, the earth is finite and exists within God and the universe can not contain God. So, Jesus as the messiah is like an avatar. Hebrews describes it as 'the exact representation of his being', yet he became 'lower than the angels'.

So God generated a finite projection of his infinite nature into a frail human vessel, Jesus Christ. That is why when Jesus was on earth, the father was greater.

So now ask yourself the question, where was the father while Jesus was dead? Where was he? Everywhere and everywhen and outside of time and space. All those events happen simultaneously from Gods view.

Now it's a simple matter for God to have arranged, from the very beginning of creation, for Jesus to be resurrected on the third day. God was where he always was during Jesus' death. There is no contradiction, as much as the OP would like to find one.
With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible
DGN  (OP)

United States
11/09/2012 09:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

and that is where i leave the conversation.

Ok but.... you never really quite seemed to be in it. Your word being greater than Jehovah's and all...
DGN  (OP)

User ID: 27870140
United States
11/16/2012 12:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
You don't understand time. It doesn't exist. God is not only omni-present he is omni-temporal. He is every when.

Taking this further God is infinite, the earth is finite and exists within God and the universe can not contain God. So, Jesus as the messiah is like an avatar. Hebrews describes it as 'the exact representation of his being', yet he became 'lower than the angels'.

So God generated a finite projection of his infinite nature into a frail human vessel, Jesus Christ. That is why when Jesus was on earth, the father was greater.

So now ask yourself the question, where was the father while Jesus was dead? Where was he? Everywhere and everywhen and outside of time and space. All those events happen simultaneously from Gods view.

Now it's a simple matter for God to have arranged, from the very beginning of creation, for Jesus to be resurrected on the third day. God was where he always was during Jesus' death. There is no contradiction, as much as the OP would like to find one.
 Quoting: SevenThunders

I'm not sure what contradiction you mean but God would not "have arranged, "from the very beginning of creation, for Jesus to be resurrected on the third day" because there was no need for a savior at the beginning of creation.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 12:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm not sure what contradiction you mean but God would not "have arranged, "from the very beginning of creation, for Jesus to be resurrected on the third day" because there was no need for a savior at the beginning of creation.

wrong wrong wrong.

Jesus was with God from the very beginning. God KNOWS the end from the beginning.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27645385
United Kingdom
11/16/2012 12:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Himself end thread.
DGN  (OP)

United States
11/16/2012 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

wrong wrong wrong.

Jesus was with God from the very beginning. God KNOWS the end from the beginning.

The 'beginning' means the beginning of Jehovah's creative works which was Jesus, that's how he came to be with God;
"And to the angel of the congregation in Laodicea write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God" Rv3:14
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 01:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

wrong wrong wrong.

The 'beginning' means the beginning of Jehovah's creative works which was Jesus, that's how he came to be with God;
"And to the angel of the congregation in Laodicea write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God" Rv3:14

i disagree. the beginning means the beginning. the translation is rough but it really means always, or since always.

Jesus IS God. They are one in the same. They were never without each other or separated. Jesus is NOT a created entity.
DGN  (OP)

United States
11/16/2012 01:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

wrong wrong wrong.

i disagree. the beginning means the beginning. the translation is rough but it really means always, or since always.

Jesus IS God. They are one in the same. They were never without each other or separated. Jesus is NOT a created entity.

Jehovah say's Jesus was;
" So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of undeserved kindness and truth. 15 (John bore witness about him, yes, he actually cried out—this was the one who said [it]—saying: “The one coming behind me has advanced in front of me, because he existed before me.”) 16 For we all received from out of his fullness, even undeserved kindness upon undeserved kindness. 17 Because the Law was given through Moses, the undeserved kindness and the truth came to be through Jesus Christ. 18 No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him." Jo1:14
Is God mistaken?
blink
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 367476
United Kingdom
11/16/2012 01:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
CHRIST IS NOT GOD, HE IS FROM GOD.

PEOPLE DIDN'T BELIEVE IN GOD, SO HE SENT A PERSON JUST LIKE YOU AND ME, EVEN POOR. HE WAS ABLE TO DO THINGS, THAT MOST OF US WOULD NOT EVEN BELIEVE TODAY IF WE SAW IT WITH OUR OWN EYES.

CHRIST = LOVE

GOD SENT CHRIST INTO THE WORLD.

ALL WE HAD/HAVE TO DO WAS BELIEVE THAT GOD ACTUALLY DID THIS, HE GAVE US "SOMETHING" TO BELIEVE IT RATHER THAN JUST THIS MYSTERIOUS GOD THAT WE STILL KNOW NOTHING ABOUT TODAY.

TRUST ME, I WAS BORN AN ATHEIST.

I HAVE HAD A PRETTY DIFFICULT LIFE, AND HAVE BEEN BROUGHT TO MY KNEES MULTIPLE TIMES (UNFORTUNATELY NOT A PRAYER, BUT BECAUSE LIFE WAS TOO DIFFICULT)

I THANK GOD FOR THE GOOD TIMES AS WELL AS THE BAD, BECAUSE I KNOW IN THE DARKEST HOURS AND MOST DIFFICULT OF TIMES THAT I AM LEARNING EXACTLY WHAT I NEED TO LEARN, NO MATTER HOW DIFFICULT THE LESSON.

I HAVE MIXED WITH THE WORST OF THEM, BEEN TO JAIL, TORTURED, HOMELESS, MADE FUN OF, YOU NAME IT I'VE DONE IT AND I STILL REMEMBER GOD AND/OR CHRIST EVERY DAY.

I AM ACTUALLY VERY BLESSED, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO MONEY I HAVE NEARLY EVERYTHING ELSE THAT I NEED.

CHRIST WAS NOT SOMETHING FORCED UPON US. THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND RELIGION IS WHAT WAS FORCED ON US. STOP LISTENING TO THE PRIESTS AND EVERYONE ELSE, READ THE BOOK FOR YOUR SELF AND FIND THE ANSWERS YOU SEEK TO FIND WITHIN YOURSELF ON YOUR OWN. KNOCK AND THE DOOR WILL BE OPENED, ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15179094

Amen
DGN  (OP)

United States
11/16/2012 02:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
CHRIST IS NOT GOD, HE IS FROM GOD.

PEOPLE DIDN'T BELIEVE IN GOD, SO HE SENT A PERSON JUST LIKE YOU AND ME, EVEN POOR. HE WAS ABLE TO DO THINGS, THAT MOST OF US WOULD NOT EVEN BELIEVE TODAY IF WE SAW IT WITH OUR OWN EYES.

CHRIST = LOVE

GOD SENT CHRIST INTO THE WORLD.

ALL WE HAD/HAVE TO DO WAS BELIEVE THAT GOD ACTUALLY DID THIS, HE GAVE US "SOMETHING" TO BELIEVE IT RATHER THAN JUST THIS MYSTERIOUS GOD THAT WE STILL KNOW NOTHING ABOUT TODAY.

TRUST ME, I WAS BORN AN ATHEIST.

I HAVE HAD A PRETTY DIFFICULT LIFE, AND HAVE BEEN BROUGHT TO MY KNEES MULTIPLE TIMES (UNFORTUNATELY NOT A PRAYER, BUT BECAUSE LIFE WAS TOO DIFFICULT)

I THANK GOD FOR THE GOOD TIMES AS WELL AS THE BAD, BECAUSE I KNOW IN THE DARKEST HOURS AND MOST DIFFICULT OF TIMES THAT I AM LEARNING EXACTLY WHAT I NEED TO LEARN, NO MATTER HOW DIFFICULT THE LESSON.

I HAVE MIXED WITH THE WORST OF THEM, BEEN TO JAIL, TORTURED, HOMELESS, MADE FUN OF, YOU NAME IT I'VE DONE IT AND I STILL REMEMBER GOD AND/OR CHRIST EVERY DAY.

I AM ACTUALLY VERY BLESSED, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO MONEY I HAVE NEARLY EVERYTHING ELSE THAT I NEED.

CHRIST WAS NOT SOMETHING FORCED UPON US. THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND RELIGION IS WHAT WAS FORCED ON US. STOP LISTENING TO THE PRIESTS AND EVERYONE ELSE, READ THE BOOK FOR YOUR SELF AND FIND THE ANSWERS YOU SEEK TO FIND WITHIN YOURSELF ON YOUR OWN. KNOCK AND THE DOOR WILL BE OPENED, ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15179094

Amen
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 367476

An excellent example of mind over emotion, thank you for sharing your courage. I hope this may add a little more, from above;
"When he saw the crowds he went up into the mountain; and after he sat down his disciples came to him; 2 and he opened his mouth and began teaching them, saying:
3 “Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to them.
4 “Happy are those who mourn, since they will be comforted.
5 “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.
6 “Happy are those hungering and thirsting for righteousness, since they will be filled.
7 “Happy are the merciful, since they will be shown mercy.
8 “Happy are the pure in heart, since they will see God.
9 “Happy are the peaceable, since they will be called ‘sons of God.’
10 “Happy are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to them.
11 “Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. 12 Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU.
13 “YOU are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its strength, how will its saltness be restored? It is no longer usable for anything but to be thrown outside to be trampled on by men.
14 “YOU are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when situated upon a mountain. 15 People light a lamp and set it, not under the measuring basket, but upon the lampstand, and it shines upon all those in the house. 16 Likewise let YOUR light shine before men, that they may see YOUR fine works and give glory to YOUR Father who is in the heavens." Mt5 hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 02:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

wrong wrong wrong.

Jehovah say's Jesus was;
" So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of undeserved kindness and truth. 15 (John bore witness about him, yes, he actually cried out—this was the one who said [it]—saying: “The one coming behind me has advanced in front of me, because he existed before me.”) 16 For we all received from out of his fullness, even undeserved kindness upon undeserved kindness. 17 Because the Law was given through Moses, the undeserved kindness and the truth came to be through Jesus Christ. 18 No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him." Jo1:14
Is God mistaken?
blink

Jesus became flesh after the fact. But, that does not negate His Holy Presence since always.
DGN  (OP)

United States
11/18/2012 01:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Jehovah say's Jesus was;
Is God mistaken?
blink

Jesus became flesh after the fact. But, that does not negate His Holy Presence since always.

Right;
"God, who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways to our forefathers by means of the prophets, 2 has at the end of these days spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things. 3 He is the reflection of [his] glory and the exact representation of his very being, and he sustains all things by the word of his power; and after he had made a purification for our sins he sat down on the right hand of the Majesty in lofty places. 4 So he has become better than the angels, to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs. Hb1:1

GLP