Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,905 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 630,238
Pageviews Today: 1,063,399Threads Today: 389Posts Today: 7,171
12:11 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Moontard here: THE friggin MOON is NOT RIGHT!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27041131
United States
11/06/2012 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Moontard here: THE friggin MOON is NOT RIGHT!
Wet moon.....Look it up. Happens this time EVERY year.
 Quoting: Blue Skies

You couldn't be more wrong.. The Wet Moon only happens in THE WINTER in the Northern Hemisphere..Between January and February.. This wet moon has been around for the past 3 years, even during the summer months.. I mean how fucking stupid do you think we are? And don't give me that "If the moon was fucked up, thousands if not millions of amateur astronomers would be saying something about it"

WELL, HERE THE FUCK WE ARE SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Assholes..

"The terms wet moon and dry moon originate from Hawaiian mythology, where it was thought that the moon appeared as a bowl which would fill up with rain. The period where this is most common, January 20 - February 18, corresponds with Kaelo the Water Bearer in Hawaiian astrology and makes the moon known as the "dripping wet moon". As the year passes into summer, the crescent shape shifts, pouring out the water and causing the summer rains. After the "bowl" empties, it dries out and rights itself, creating the "dry moon"."

I mean, at least do research on your own assumptions before spreading bullshit and looking like a complete fucking fool.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27041131

Actually an angled moon can happen any time of year. Certain times of the year are more common for certain phases because the moon's orbit is angled with respect to the ecliptic. The observer's location and observation time also matter. The wet moon reference refers to an extreme amount of apparent rotation for a single phase.
 Quoting: Weasel_Turbine

Seriously, just shut the fuck up.. Punk!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27041131
United States
11/06/2012 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

You couldn't be more wrong.. The Wet Moon only happens in THE WINTER in the Northern Hemisphere..Between January and February.. This wet moon has been around for the past 3 years, even during the summer months.. I mean how fucking stupid do you think we are? And don't give me that "If the moon was fucked up, thousands if not millions of amateur astronomers would be saying something about it"

"The terms wet moon and dry moon originate from Hawaiian mythology, where it was thought that the moon appeared as a bowl which would fill up with rain. The period where this is most common, January 20 - February 18, corresponds with Kaelo the Water Bearer in Hawaiian astrology and makes the moon known as the "dripping wet moon". As the year passes into summer, the crescent shape shifts, pouring out the water and causing the summer rains. After the "bowl" empties, it dries out and rights itself, creating the "dry moon"."

I mean, at least do research on your own assumptions before spreading bullshit and looking like a complete fucking fool.

Actually an angled moon can happen any time of year. Certain times of the year are more common for certain phases because the moon's orbit is angled with respect to the ecliptic. The observer's location and observation time also matter. The wet moon reference refers to an extreme amount of apparent rotation for a single phase.

So, you are going to dispute documented evidence that totally goes against your non-educated guess? Do you people just pull this shit out of your ass or what?? Prove IT!
A Few Good Women
User ID: 21140569
United States
11/06/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
THe last scene in I,Pet Goat II keeps coming to mind when the sun's rays are destroying temples and monuments.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26920547
United Kingdom
11/06/2012 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
I noticed the moon looking extremely unusual last night rising in the east in the UK on a very clear night.

1. It was the yellowiest I've ever noticed it.

2. If the moon were a clockface, then between about 5.35 to 6.10 was in shadow, making the moon look like a wedge of sorts, there were no clouds obscuring the view to make it appear this way.

3. I don't think it's the moon that not right. More a case of the object(s) that is casting a shadow on the face of the moon. Some upcoming doom for thought.

hf

Not long now!

5a
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27132643
United States
11/06/2012 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
You're a dumbass. NOBODY accused anyone of faking the photo 40 years ago. But, it would certainly be possible to take an old photo like that TODAY and use computer software to take a vertical crescent moon and tilt it to be hiorizontal.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26077737

Then show me a copy of it that has the moon "vertical." Put up or shut up you fucking moron. That photo's been out there for 40 fucking years.
That's what I contend happened here.
 Quoting: AC

PROVE IT!
Your shill tactics of setting up an absurd accusation that nobody made won't work here wher epeople can think critically.

Your accusation IS absurd and you just made it MORE absurd! Now instead of faking the photo, they took the photo for real and then changed the digital copy 40 years later, thus making it easy to prove that it's fake. Prove it or shut up.
Go take your PTB paycheck and shill elsewhere asshole.

I'm not a shill you worthless piece of shit. It's fucking field rotation you god damn asshole, I saw the fucking moon this weekend, it was horizontal like that by eye but vertical in the telescope. It's NORMAL!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26077737
United States
11/06/2012 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
You're a dumbass. NOBODY accused anyone of faking the photo 40 years ago. But, it would certainly be possible to take an old photo like that TODAY and use computer software to take a vertical crescent moon and tilt it to be hiorizontal.

Then show me a copy of it that has the moon "vertical." Put up or shut up you fucking moron. That photo's been out there for 40 fucking years.

PROVE IT!
Your shill tactics of setting up an absurd accusation that nobody made won't work here wher epeople can think critically.

Your accusation IS absurd and you just made it MORE absurd! Now instead of faking the photo, they took the photo for real and then changed the digital copy 40 years later, thus making it easy to prove that it's fake. Prove it or shut up.

I'm not a shill you worthless piece of shit. It's fucking field rotation you god damn asshole, I saw the fucking moon this weekend, it was horizontal like that by eye but vertical in the telescope. It's NORMAL!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27132643

OK, if I'm the fucked up retard who falsely believes the Moon has changed, WHAT DO YOU CARE?!?! Why is it so goddam important to you to TRY AND CONVINCE ME I'M WRONG?!? What is your goddam motivation here? You act as if your goddam life depends on convincing me and anyone reading this thread that all is normal and there's nothing to see here. Explain that shit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27135592
United States
11/06/2012 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

PROVE IT!

OK, if I'm the fucked up retard who falsely believes the Moon has changed, WHAT DO YOU CARE?!?! Why is it so goddam important to you to TRY AND CONVINCE ME I'M WRONG?!? What is your goddam motivation here? You act as if your goddam life depends on convincing me and anyone reading this thread that all is normal and there's nothing to see here. Explain that shit.

Someone has to put a stop to the spread of idiocy. I frankly don't give a damn what you personally believe, my goal is to expose the truth. I know for a fucking fact that you're fucking wrong, and you can think whatever you want, but I will keep posting that photo, showing the truth, doing whatever I have to do so that others don't fall for your bullshit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27125544
Germany
11/06/2012 11:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

PROVE IT!

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10422385
Canada
11/06/2012 11:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's getting to be that time of year, when people start noticing that the sun is "too far south". Amazing how many people didn't pay attention in primary school when we were supposed to learn these things about the sun, the moon and our solar system. Then suddenly they look at the moon and it's not like they thought it should be and think something is wrong, and if you dare to challenge them with facts and reason they call you a shill. Happens every year on this site.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/06/2012 11:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here asshole, explain why the same photo is reprinted in this book published in 1993 still showing the moon horizontal:
[link to books.google.com]
So let me get this straight, they took the original picture about 40 years ago, digitally altered it to make the moon look horizontal so that people like me could shove it in the face of people like you after the moon's orientation 'started changing', but this happened no sooner than 20 years ago? So the moon must have been doing this at least 20 years ago for them to want to alter the picture 20 years ago, right? So why then, genius, did you not notice this happening 20 fucking years ago! Oh right, because you weren't paying attention and you really don't know anything about astronomy and those of us who do know that it is NORMAL FIELD ROTATION!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/06/2012 11:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

PROVE IT!

clappa
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27125544

Someone has to put a stop to the spread of idiocy. I frankly don't give a damn what you personally believe, my goal is to expose the truth. I know for a fucking fact that you're fucking wrong, and you can think whatever you want, but I will keep posting that photo, showing the truth, doing whatever I have to do so that others don't fall for your bullshit.
clappa
Fuck yeah, I'm awesome.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/06/2012 12:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

PROVE IT!

clappa

clappa
Fuck yeah, I'm awesome.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27135592

Hi Astronut, let me get this straight: You' re not awesome, you just get paid for posting bullshit.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/06/2012 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

clappa

clappa
Fuck yeah, I'm awesome.

Hi Astronut, let me get this straight: You' re not awesome, you just get paid for posting bullshit.

Wow, that's quite the compliment on both counts, compliments of which I'm not deserving. It doesn't take Dr. Astro or a paycheck to see that you're the one who's full of shit!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/06/2012 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here asshole, explain why the same photo is reprinted in this book published in 1993 still showing the moon horizontal:
[link to books.google.com]
So let me get this straight, they took the original picture about 40 years ago, digitally altered it to make the moon look horizontal so that people like me could shove it in the face of people like you after the moon's orientation 'started changing', but this happened no sooner than 20 years ago? So the moon must have been doing this at least 20 years ago for them to want to alter the picture 20 years ago, right? So why then, genius, did you not notice this happening 20 fucking years ago! Oh right, because you weren't paying attention and you really don't know anything about astronomy and those of us who do know that it is NORMAL FIELD ROTATION!

Oh, what's that? No reply? Not surprised! I win!
ming

User ID: 1467659
11/06/2012 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

Are you fucking retarded?

From your own link!

January and February are not THIS TIME EVERY YEAR!

Can you read? It says it happens in the winter, this is winter. Says its "most common" Jan Feb, which shows it also happens outside those months. Duh.
Out of this ugliness may come,
Some day, so beautiful a flower,
That men will wonder at that hour,
Remembering smoke and flowerless slum,
And ask-glimpsing the agony
Of the slaves who wrestle to be free-
'But why were all the poets dumb?'
-William Montgomerie

So many gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind,
While just the art of being kind
Is all the sad world needs.
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/06/2012 12:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

clappa

clappa
Fuck yeah, I'm awesome.

Wow, that's quite the compliment on both counts, compliments of which I'm not deserving. It doesn't take Dr. Astro or a paycheck to see that you're the one who's full of shit!

If you wanna hide you have to change your language, Dr. dumbfuck Astro
Weasel_Turbine

User ID: 14143765
United States
11/06/2012 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Seriously, just shut the fuck up.. Punk!

Wow! What a detailed and complete rebuttal!
whatever
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law
Weasel_Turbine

United States
11/06/2012 12:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

So, you are going to dispute documented evidence that totally goes against your non-educated guess? Do you people just pull this shit out of your ass or what?? Prove IT!

Non educated guess? It is a FACT that the moon's orbit is angled with respect to the ecliptic. It is a fact that because of this the full moon is higher in the sky at some times of the year than others and it is a FACT that this applies to all phases at different times of the year. It is a FACT that field rotation exists. It is a FACT that it varies based on the observer's location and the time observed. It is a FACT that the amount of field rotation observed on the Moon varies based on it relation to the Sun and since its orbit goes from its furthest North to its furthest South every month (in different phases depending on the time of year) and the Sun's path varies over the course of a year then it is obvious that one could see apparent rotation at multiple times throughout the year depending on phase and location.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law
Weasel_Turbine

United States
11/06/2012 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I noticed the moon looking extremely unusual last night rising in the east in the UK on a very clear night.

1. It was the yellowiest I've ever noticed it.

2. If the moon were a clockface, then between about 5.35 to 6.10 was in shadow, making the moon look like a wedge of sorts, there were no clouds obscuring the view to make it appear this way.

3. I don't think it's the moon that not right. More a case of the object(s) that is casting a shadow on the face of the moon. Some upcoming doom for thought.

hf

Not long now!

5a
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26920547

The shadow on the Moon is from the Moon itself. It is it lit by the sun and the shadowed area is simply the unlit part of the moon. I guarantee that if you had continued to watch the Moon throughout its time in the sky you would have seen it appear to rotate clockwise until it was "upright" when highest in the sky and tilted to the right when setting. I guarantee also that when you saw it rising that someone on the opposite side of the world could have seen it setting at the same time and tilted the opposite direction. That is only possible with field rotation.
Weasel_Turbine

United States
11/06/2012 12:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

Accusations of paid posting. Always seen when the opposition has nothing left.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17989851
United States
11/06/2012 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Those who think the Moon's orientation are wrong often fail to take into account that they are observing from the surface of a rotating sphere. Where you are on that sphere and which direction you are looking affects the orientation you see. (This is why all those calendars, etc, show the phases of the Moon with a vertical terminator; the makes of the calendars can't supply a calendar which shows a prper orientation for all possible obbservers). Take an extreme example: If you were observing from the North Pole, and the Moon was at First Quarter phase, the terminator would be vertical, and you would see the lit side of Moon on the right. An observer viewing the Moon at the same time from the South Pole would also see a vertical terminator, but the lit side would be on the left. An observer at the Equator would see a First Quarter moon rise with the lit side on the top, but would see it set with the lit side on the bottom.
Kissplash

User ID: 18998054
United States
11/06/2012 01:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

My question to the Moon-Tards:
Hi OP, TrinityMountain, Saint Leibowitz, Chas, donnamickey, ~Spaze*Man~, waxonwaxoff, LordBeagle72, Em18966, Possum, Kissplash, The Answer, grefey and all the ACs.

Its day now in Australia, Europe, and all over the USA.

Did someone get up early morning to look at the moon at dawn?

Could I fix it?
Was it waning from right to left instead of top to bottom?

I am stretched to the breaking point - please tell me if I could fix it.
 Quoting: Hydra

Your answer:
Don't worry...real karma will be returned to you. You can thank me later!
 Quoting: Kissplash

I never wrote that you. I wrote it to the person who gave me negative karma without leaving a calling card because they are a coward! And because most of the energy of negativity in response to my posts from yesterday was in this thread I KNOW someone from this thread gave it to me. Only a person that felt guilty would speak up when calling them out since it wasn't quoted to anyone.

Furthermore we are expecting somewhat of a storm here in NJ, so yes, there are some clouds. Would you like some of those CHEMTRAILtardo pics that I take?

And yes, I do have a biting personality if you have to ask. But I don't hide it. If you show me respect I show it back but you seem to like me this way. Too bad as I really am a nice person. But you'll never see that by accusing me of things I didn't say...unless you did give me that one bad karma...not that it matters but it must to the board creators as they didn't want karma wars. Truth is I would like to the see the names of those who call me names so I can ask them why they would give bad karma to someone who never said a word to them. Kinda like if someone were to spit on me in the street and walk on by...it's childish and wrong and thanks to that I'm probably going to pretend it doesn't exist anymore so as not to derail threads trying to find out who the REAL ignorant people are. As it is I think I already know.
LEARN HOW TO BE KIND OR BE LEFT BEHIND. OXOXO
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17126279
United States
11/06/2012 01:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Youre an idiot dip shit mother fucker. Never has wayned from the top before..... Fucking kidding me.
Weasel_Turbine

United States
11/06/2012 01:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Youre an idiot dip shit mother fucker. Never has wayned from the top before..... Fucking kidding me.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17126279

So Shakespeare and the ancient Egyptians werre lying?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27145579
United States
11/06/2012 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

clappa
Fuck yeah, I'm awesome.

clappa
Fuck yeah, I'm awesome.

Again, thanks for the compliment. The language of astronomy is the same.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/06/2012 02:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

Again, thanks for the compliment. The language of astronomy is the same.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27145579

So the term 'I win' is the language of ass-tronomy? Thx, didn't knew that...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1595910
United States
11/06/2012 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
well it's daylight here, the moon is out, and is waning from the bottom, totally opposite of what it was 2 nights ago.

i suppose this is normal too?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1595910
United States
11/06/2012 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
well it's daylight here, the moon is out, and is waning from the bottom, totally opposite of what it was 2 nights ago.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17989851
United States
11/06/2012 02:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1595910

Yes. It's field rotation.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8980350
United States
11/06/2012 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
i mean that fucker is an egg and it's gonna hatch and drop into the ocean and then pupate an then fuck some serious shit up. probably the leviathan from revelation, if you're into that sorta thing
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1595910

LOL +1 for the word "pupate"...I often try to find situations I can throw that gem into the conversation. Kudos!

GLP