Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,177 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,203,200
Pageviews Today: 2,009,133Threads Today: 829Posts Today: 14,365
07:19 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

This is it! YES on 37 needs your vote: Help defeat GMOs and Monsanto at the ballot box

NoSilence
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 26756915
Mexico
11/05/2012 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
This is it! YES on 37 needs your vote: Help defeat GMOs and Monsanto at the ballot box
(NaturalNews) It's coming down to the wire on Proposition 37. After weeks of spending a million dollars a day broadcast outright lies, the Monsant-funded "No on 37" campaign has managed to crush the early lead of the YES campaign, making the ballot measure a very close race.

If you live in California, your YES vote on Proposition 37 is urgently needed, or the GMO labeling ballot measure may not pass at all.

Learn more: [link to www.naturalnews.com]
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
Mark Twain
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1579668
United States
11/05/2012 05:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: This is it! YES on 37 needs your vote: Help defeat GMOs and Monsanto at the ballot box
You know it is a great idea and I support the concept, but it is poorly written and full of loopholes. There will be tons of lawsuits and unintended consequences, so I gotta vote no on this one.
TOMMY B

User ID: 20913964
United States
11/05/2012 05:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: This is it! YES on 37 needs your vote: Help defeat GMOs and Monsanto at the ballot box
You know it is a great idea and I support the concept, but it is poorly written and full of loopholes. There will be tons of lawsuits and unintended consequences, so I gotta vote no on this one.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1579668

So your going to vote for something that is 100% against what you believe in, instead of voting for something that's 90% for what you believe in? That's fucked up and explains why this Country is such a mess! Where is your logic here?
..11:11..

User ID: 27083745
United States
11/05/2012 05:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Vote Yes!
:seethishere:
Spirituality is the opposite of religion, religion is a substitute for spirituality. Spirituality is a direct connection to Creator The Most high.

Anyone who inflicts pain on others will suffer themself from that pain.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5795678
United States
11/05/2012 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

You do not know what you are doing.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27075418
United States
11/05/2012 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

So your going to vote for something that is 100% against what you believe in, instead of voting for something that's 90% for what you believe in? That's fucked up and explains why this Country is such a mess! Where is your logic here?
 Quoting: TOMMY B

I agree that there are loopholes and there will be some problems. This is true of almost any law passed nowadays; I think they write them that way purposely, to have a way to sway the public, among other reasons.

However, IT IS A START! It means other states will also write propositions, learning from the mistakes written in to this one, and writing them more efficiently, closing loopholes one by one. It will set a PRECEDENT. Many other states are holding their breaths, watching California, hoping they will go the way of so many European countries that require labeling.

Whereas, if this does NOT pass because of its errors (which can and will be worked out), we are handing Genetically Modified Seed, Food, and Animal producers a win, with no fight. They will run with it. Did you know they are working on a vaccine which can be genetically modified into your vegetables? You will never know if the tomato you buy has that vaccine in it or not.

Please, just because it isn't perfect, don't throw the baby out with the wash. Keep working on it after it has passed.

Lawsuits? I don't really want to go there, but it is a reality. But to not vote for it for fear of lawsuits and loopholes may be throwing away an opportunity we will never have again. Look at how many things we don't get to vote for---like Portland recently passing fluoridation in spite of peoples' protests. Here, at least we have been given a chance. Please, think about it again.
NoSilence  (OP)

Mexico
11/05/2012 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks for your honest comment..

I do hope that your just joking around.. If not your comment is deeply disturbing..
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
Mark Twain
NoSilence  (OP)

Mexico
11/05/2012 08:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
California...!

Tell family and friends to vote yes on Prop.37

...............applause2
Mark Twain
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27094229
United States
11/05/2012 08:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
As for tons of unexpected consequences and lawsuits:

1. This is true of any law passed; there are always unscrupulous people wanting to take advantage. Is that a reason to give up, when your very health and future lives are at stake?

2. This is why Monsanto, Land of Lakes, Pepsi, Bayer and so many other spent millions of dollars, to CONVINCE you of this. To point out every potential pitfall. To seed into your mind that the proposition is more harmful than helpful. It is a manipulation of FEAR. Fear of what "might" happen.

We don't know what might happen. Expect the best; it's the only way to get it.

If this proposition is voted down, it will make it harder for any other state to introduce such a proposition. If it is voted for, some people will take a look at GMOs, wondering what the big deal is...people who never gave it a second thought before. Other states will follow! It’s both an opening door, and an educational opportunity. To vote no, is to loose that.

Please think of those consequences, too.
Enneadeka

User ID: 23349712
United States
11/05/2012 08:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I like the idea of this proposition, but I would be surprised to see it pass. If I lived in CA I would vote for it. GL

afro
..11:11..

User ID: 27083745
United States
11/05/2012 09:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: MONSANTO # (GMO) FOOD 4 THOUGHT - Know What You Eat # (Ongoing Videos & Articles)

Thread: Shocking! Toxic GMO compounds found in nearly 100% of pregnant women and their fetuses

Thread: California GLP'ers WARNING! Vote YES on 37! Hell No to GMO! PIN

Thread: Flash Card Game! HOW to GET KIDS OFF GMO FOODS and CANDIES !!

Thread: Kucinich Calls Out Monsanto: Americans Demand GMO Labeling
Spirituality is the opposite of religion, religion is a substitute for spirituality. Spirituality is a direct connection to Creator The Most high.

Anyone who inflicts pain on others will suffer themself from that pain.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil.
Black Diamond
User ID: 268002
United States
11/05/2012 09:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
California...!

Tell family and friends to vote yes on Prop.37

...............applause2
 Quoting: NoSilence

This won't pass ,can't tell you how I voted. Snowball firey underworld chance. Too many tax measures in Cali a no no no no no no no no no no no no no trend ....I think. Sorry .
calin

User ID: 1350324
United States
11/05/2012 09:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
I give lectures on this to anybody that tells me they are voting! haha
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
THE SECOND AGREEMENT: "Don't take anything personally. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering." ~ Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26669255
Canada
11/05/2012 09:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Monsanto is trying to rig the vote.

Thread: Monsanto is the freaking DEVIL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22573986
United States
11/05/2012 09:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Myself and 5 family members going to vote it up tomorrow Op, talked to at least 20 people in the last 2 weeks about it. A couple who were apprehensive because of all the tv ads. They thought it would cost the farmers too much. I told them that I'd read that the organic farmers are SO excited about it, and it would help their farms like crazy.

It's the farmers who've gone GMO who will suffer.

And I told them that it won't be too costly for them, they just need to drop the word "natural" (which they lie about now) and add the word "GMO". No problem 4 letters less right!

Greedy assholes reap what they sow. Literally.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26142676
United States
11/05/2012 09:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
gave ya a pin nice work op
Ralph--a house dog

User ID: 25802009
United States
11/05/2012 09:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

Please pin this is important!
"Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night.....Rage, rage against the dying of the light"-----Dylan Thomas

HIS NAME IS SETH RICH

[link to biblicalselfdefense.com]

[link to forum.1111ers.blog]

Always remember that "for the greater good" will not include YOU.

"Who decides?"
---Robert A. Heinlein

-'Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.'—Benjamin Franklin

[link to www.westcoasttruth.com]

The only thing worth paying full retail for is pantyhose.

You cannot do all of the good the world needs, but the world needs all of the good you can do.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/05/2012 09:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've been boycotting any company that supports GMOs, including "organic" companies owned by them. What surprises me is the number of companies on here that I didn't think sol GMO foods, like Land of Lakes and R.W. Knudsen---used to buy their juices all the time.

I'm not in CA so can't vote on Proposition 37, but I vote with my dollar every day.

[link to www.gmolabeling.org]
January Wolves

User ID: 12143371
United States
11/05/2012 10:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm voting yes but many people I know are believing the lies of the corruptorations in the t.v. ads, etc. They threw a lot of money into trying to defeat this.

Hope it passes anyway.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25470581
United States
11/05/2012 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/05/2012 10:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm voting yes but many people I know are believing the lies of the corruptorations in the t.v. ads, etc. They threw a lot of money into trying to defeat this.

Hope it passes anyway.
 Quoting: January Wolves

I guess it is the same as the pharmaceutical companies pimping our vaccination, and people blindly believe the fear mongering.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/05/2012 10:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you think genetically modified fish, meat, and vegetables are scary, how about having plants and animals genetically engineered with vaccines for you. Although these articles indicate this is being developed for "3rd world countries", do you think they will stop there?
[link to www.abc.net.au]

Maryke Steffens: I'm not the first person to offer up an arm when it comes to getting a needle at the doctor's. So given the choice of eating a vaccine, I'd choose that of course. And wouldn't we all if we had that option? Which may not be too far from reality.

At the AAAS Conference in Denver a couple of weeks ago, Dr Charles Arntzen from Arizona State University, told us that scientists are well on the way to creating transgenic plants which will produce vaccines, and when you eat them in large quantities, they'll work in exactly the same way as a jab, only with a lot less pain.

OR:

“Goats are being genetically engineered to become "pharm animals" that carry vaccines in their milk… Current experiments being conducted by researchers from Texas A&M are geared toward producing a malaria vaccine for third world countries, with the ultimate goal being that eventually children will be able to become vaccinated simply by drinking the milk… Genetically engineered vaccine-producing animals might enter the food supply unexpectedly, contaminating the food supply; there are also known health risks to consuming GM foods, including DNA damage, fertility problems and more…”

[link to articles.mercola.com]

Without labeling, will you know if vaccine is in your tomato juice or goat's cheese?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24960373
United States
11/05/2012 10:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
They mentioned that at the last presidential debate tonight and both candidates were for it!!!
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/05/2012 10:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
They mentioned that at the last presidential debate tonight and both candidates were for it!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24960373

of course they were both for it. They are both puppets of corporations like Monsanto and NWO freaks.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/05/2012 11:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24960373

the are probably related too:

Thread: ALL U.S. presidents but one are blood related! WAKE UP SHEEP!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21468381
Canada
11/06/2012 08:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Thor's Hamster

User ID: 1248699
United States
11/06/2012 08:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is the easiest vote of the day. YES on 37!

No matter if there are loopholes, or fear of lawsuits, it's better than voting NO on it, and giving Monsanto FREE REIGN to put whatever they want on store shelves and not have to tell us.
Apollo astronauts couldn't have passed through Van Allen's Belt. Van Allen wore suspenders.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6630717
Canada
11/06/2012 08:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is far more important than deciding which puppet will read the teleprompter for the next 4 years.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4695650
United States
11/06/2012 08:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Am I the only one with a bad feeling about Yes on 37?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2134890
Sweden
11/06/2012 08:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's so weird that this is about Monsanto wanting to genetically experiment on people without giving them a chance of knowing.

How do Monsanto think they will be in for the long run, they will be absolutely crushed by the people when they know what kind of company they are.
Ralph--a house dog

User ID: 25802009
United States
11/06/2012 09:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
"Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night.....Rage, rage against the dying of the light"-----Dylan Thomas

HIS NAME IS SETH RICH

[link to biblicalselfdefense.com]

[link to forum.1111ers.blog]

Always remember that "for the greater good" will not include YOU.

"Who decides?"
---Robert A. Heinlein

-'Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.'—Benjamin Franklin

[link to www.westcoasttruth.com]

The only thing worth paying full retail for is pantyhose.

You cannot do all of the good the world needs, but the world needs all of the good you can do.

GLP