Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,580 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 39,608
Pageviews Today: 60,134Threads Today: 31Posts Today: 316
12:30 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

The North American Internet is Under ATTACK! Does your internet connection suck lately? Here's why!

mrclean
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 444635
Switzerland
11/05/2012 11:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
The North American Internet is Under ATTACK! Does your internet connection suck lately? Here's why!
The North American HUB shows that at least 15 MAJOR HUBS are DOWN.

Is this normal?

No.

Someone is DELIBERATELY tampering with these hubs.

It would be 'normal' for perhaps 1 or 2 to fluctuate off at a time...but 15 is IMPOSSIBLE without tampering.

[link to www.internettrafficreport.com]

What's the first order or business when you are about to invade your enemy? Take out their communications network....

[link to news.cnet.com]

Obama can 'kill' the internet during a 'national crisis'....Sandy is an excuse to turn it off. They are gradually shutting it down.

Last Edited by mrclean on 11/06/2012 10:08 AM
mrclean
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27076121
United States
11/05/2012 11:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The North American Internet is Under ATTACK! Does your internet connection suck lately? Here's why!
Project mayhem woohoo!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13385958
United States
11/05/2012 11:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The North American Internet is Under ATTACK! Does your internet connection suck lately? Here's why!

Is this normal?

No.

It would be 'normal' for perhaps 1 or 2 to fluctuate off at a time...but 15 is IMPOSSIBLE without tampering.

What's the first order or business when you are about to invade your enemy? Take out their communications network....

[link to news.cnet.com]

Obama can 'kill' the internet during a 'national crisis'....Sandy is an excuse to turn it off. They are gradually shutting it down.
[/quote

Oh my gosh, I hope not!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26048166
United States
11/05/2012 11:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
O takes our GLP?

WW3!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26892474
United States
11/05/2012 11:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
I would expect east coast hubs to be down, but the rest of them????!!!????

Thanks for the link. I'm going to watch it for awhile and look at trends.
snarkModerator
Forum Administrator

User ID: 1050548
United States
11/05/2012 11:46 PM

Report Abusive Post
There is plenty that is sinister going on. My brother works for a major telecomunications corp and they have been fighting these guys for quite awhile on behalf of their clients. Whole IP range blocks have been and are still necessary. I wish I could say more but I can't. The poster above who mentioned the kill switch is spot on, but the switch isn't in the hands you may think it is.
T For Texas, T For Tennessee!

The virtue of courage is a prerequisite for the practice of all other virtues, because otherwise one is virtuous only when virtue has no cost. There are times when something needs to be done, and yet we know that if we step up and do this needful thing, we will pay a heavy personal price. -C.S. Lewis
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23396145
Canada
11/05/2012 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, I have been thinking this is happening as well...I think a cyber enemy is doing penetration testing of our IT infrastructure...seeing what they can turn on or off at a later point when needed. If you scan the news over the past month for similar stories, there have been many all over the US. The phone system in my city was even inoperable for about 1 hour a few weeks ago, something that has never happened before, ever.

Mods, this is a very important topic, please pin!
mrclean  (OP)

User ID: 27130167
United States
11/06/2012 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
mrclean
mrclean  (OP)

User ID: 27130167
United States
11/06/2012 10:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
mrclean
Guenwyfar

User ID: 21285652
United States
11/06/2012 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Actually, yes, it has sucked lately. Somehow this doesn't shock me anymore.
Guenwyfar

"Karma is like a rubberband.. it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face."

"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."

"Religion is like a penis, it's fine to have one and be proud of it, but when you take it out and wave it in my face, that's when we have a problem."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14091728
United States
11/06/2012 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
and it's all on OUR tab, thank you very much.

Jerks can at least refund us
Saptaparna

User ID: 865798
United States
11/06/2012 10:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
giantpin
Saptaparna ~
Seven-leaves, sevenfold; the man-plant, sevenfold man, seven-principled human being.
~ Spinning infinity. The wheel is spinning me and it's never ending.
~ What if I say I'm not like the others? What if I say I'm not just another one of of your plays?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7554855
Canada
11/06/2012 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
My internet has been painfully slow lately & still is.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27052243
United States
11/06/2012 10:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
been harpin bout this for the past 3 weeks,watching internettraffic report and also facebook/youtube/yahoo mail/netflix and a host of other sites go up and down daily.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27052243
United States
11/06/2012 10:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Direct t.v been freezing up for about 3 weeks as well,called them several times and all they can say is that some glitches in the system and they are working on it.

also having issues with local phone service
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18525096
United States
11/06/2012 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
My internet has been painfully slow lately & still is.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7554855
Mr. E
User ID: 5439566
United States
11/06/2012 10:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's probably just Skynet.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13974494
United States
11/06/2012 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
whatever
stillhere

User ID: 26842649
United States
11/06/2012 10:55 AM

Report Abusive Post
Yes, mine is slower than ever and we are paying for the faster speed--it has been horrible.
bumpbumpbump
"You can bend it and twist it... You can misuse and abuse it... But even God cannot change the Truth.”
Michael Levy
Paradox0910

User ID: 2259859
Canada
Report Abusive Post
Well Rogers network in Ontario cant be down because I'm using it right now...?
The only thing I hate more than you, is myself.
Resister

User ID: 669410
United States

Report Abusive Post
There is plenty that is sinister going on. My brother works for a major telecomunications corp and they have been fighting these guys for quite awhile on behalf of their clients. Whole IP range blocks have been and are still necessary. I wish I could say more but I can't. The poster above who mentioned the kill switch is spot on, but the switch isn't in the hands you may think it is.
 Quoting: snark

Whose hands then? The ISPs? Some dark alphabet agency like the NSA?
"God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always, well informed... If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty... Let them take arms... What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. " - Thomas Jefferson in 1787
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23367695
Canada
11/06/2012 10:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Is this normal?

No.

[link to news.cnet.com]

Quoting: mrclean

your first mistake was believing Obummer has any power to control anything.

He does what the masters tell him to do.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24887482
United States
11/06/2012 10:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

oh how i love when posters withhold information for my own good...
Fishticon

User ID: 26214971
Canada
11/06/2012 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Last night I had a very strange connection loss. I was still able to receive tweets on my Twitter program on my computer but I was unable to tweet back, go on websites, get my email, go on XBL, or do anything really.

Its like they blocked out everything except for incoming tweets. Maybe to test that they can still send out emergency warnings like they do on on TV?
****SUPERFLY****

User ID: 19055858
United States
11/06/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
First of all this particular site blows ass for a month now and it's very irritating. Secondly, and more bothersome is the fact that any Google searches I do take about 10-15 seconds to occur no matter which PC i'm on. That has been happening about a month also.
ExoPoliChick

User ID: 12909685
Canada
11/06/2012 11:08 AM

Report Abusive Post
I've been experiencing it for weeks. I just assumed it had something to do with solar activity....I don't know.

Last Edited by Ozone Baby on 11/06/2012 11:08 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Resident Led Zeppelin Expert (ask me anything!)

Traveler of both time and space

Fuck Trudeau.

mRNA-Free and Proud.

"The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.' ~ Chris Hitchens
AmericanJedi

User ID: 1503533
United States
11/06/2012 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

Is this normal?

No.

[link to news.cnet.com]

Quoting: mrclean

Thread: Internet Major Hubs: 18 are down...

Not to be a dick, but I brought this up a week ago.
(GLP aka American Jedi)

Listen here you beautiful bitch, I'm about to fuck you up with some truth.
Kenny Powers

If you steal the dreams of others long enough, sooner or later you'll end up in a nightmare.
American Jedi

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Albert Einstein

Satis Eloquentiae, Sapientiae Parum....

"The last of the old?"

"No, the first of the new."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 526868
United States
11/06/2012 11:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
This may help. Social media is up 46%

[link to www.akamai.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26298928
United States
11/06/2012 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Last night I had a very strange connection loss. I was still able to receive tweets on my Twitter program on my computer but I was unable to tweet back, go on websites, get my email, go on XBL, or do anything really.

Its like they blocked out everything except for incoming tweets. Maybe to test that they can still send out emergency warnings like they do on on TV?
 Quoting: Fishticon

It almost sounds like someone's monkeying with the DNS. If your twitter program references an actual direct IP address and still gets data, but your browser doesn't, that is a reasonable first suspicion.
lightchild_uk
Waiting for IT

User ID: 25940130
United Kingdom
11/06/2012 11:11 AM

Report Abusive Post

Whose hands then? The ISPs? Some dark alphabet agency like the NSA?
 Quoting: Resister

Or the Chinese?

Beware of the yellow peril
lightchild_uk
Waiting for IT

User ID: 25940130
United Kingdom
11/06/2012 11:13 AM

Report Abusive Post
In the UK this year we have had lots of problems with cell phone operators going down and whole banks not working.

GLP