Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,806 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 830,315
Pageviews Today: 1,424,936Threads Today: 551Posts Today: 10,241
03:53 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Why do I feel like I'm getting signs from God?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21931562
United States
11/08/2012 03:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why do I feel like I'm getting signs from God?
Look at the Amish. They do not use doctors and they don't get trapped in illuminati control systems. They live healthy, long, and productive lives. They don't buy insurance, they don't vote, and they don't allow government or industry to interfere with their lives. They will not allow the corporation of the USA to won them.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21931562

The Amish have their own problems, lol.
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

I know many of them and never seen them complain....ever. They are some of the friendliest, helpful, sharing, spiritual people you will ever know.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23093311
United States
11/08/2012 03:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
You can look inward but the solution is found outside yourself. God works best through other people so the best way to stop obsessing over ones innerself is to ask God to relieve you of the bondage of self.

Ask God for nothing other than to make you useful to him...then take action. Get out and help others...stop looking everywhere for answers. The answers will come to you as you seek God's will for you and abandon your own.

I don't completely agree, and I'm not here to get in a pissing match, and I'm still coming to terms with this but as I see it you will never find peace and unconditional love outside yourself, only when you find these things within and release yourself from existentialism can you find the path to it and let it fill you.

it being God for lack of a better description, the universe moreso, everything and almost nothing at all
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22959245
United States
11/08/2012 03:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
He may very well be speaking to you through a consecutive string of "synchronicities." I've had so many in my own life to know they are not mere coincidences. There have been dreams and impressions also, and not too long ago, I was made to face my own weaknesses and insecurities directly. The thing with God, though, is that you have to be willing to listen to Him. He's not loud unless He needs to be, and I think the hardest thing for you at this stage might be discerning Him from yourself and everything else.

Keep paying attention. Over time, even more will stand out to you. Learn what you can, and if there's something you don't understand, ask. He'll answer. In my own life these answers haven't come through "voices in my head" but rather impressions in my heart, dreams, and those synchronicities someone else mentioned. A word of warning though. Do not force an interpretation on what He tells you. It'll confuse things. Rather, if you don't understand something, let it be. I didn't understand a lot of things until they became clear even years later. You just have to be patient.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27278170
United States
11/08/2012 03:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
I know this is delicate for you, and by all means take any advice you ask for with a grain of salt...

But what do you think about yourself? Would be a good starting point. Are you a stable, balanced person?
 Quoting: Cheshire~Cat

Yes, I am pretty stable. Most of my problems relationship problems from my insecurities. I believe I am "good looking". But when I was little I was over weight and was teased very much and I also had a speech problem with my S's. Today I am not over weight by any means and I don't have that speech problems, other than my voice isn't very loud and I tend to mumble sometimes. Interesting enough when my parents bought me a puppy I wanted to name him mumble and I didn't even know why. My parents probably knew I said mumble and thought I said Mambo and thought it was a fantastic name lol.
Anyways I am working out very efficiently (eating right, HIIT training,walking on the treadmill if I'm on the computer which is a lot, resistance training) and and I am seeing the results pretty quickly. I guess it is.. if I can't love myself how do I expect to love others. All this I'm doing is just to better myself and I know letting something bother me like that is childish but its something I feel I must do.

But I'm trying to grasp is the synchronicities I am becoming aware of in this whole process.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27286012

Don't forget that all attraction is a cognitive distortion....it's created by you to find meaning through the transference authority figure female type.

This is the best thing for you....now you are free of grovel ing or sucking up to stuff that was annoying.............next.

Time for the next illusion named Betty.

Next.....next......say the word......next illusion.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
11/08/2012 03:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Look at the Amish. They do not use doctors and they don't get trapped in illuminati control systems. They live healthy, long, and productive lives. They don't buy insurance, they don't vote, and they don't allow government or industry to interfere with their lives. They will not allow the corporation of the USA to won them.

The Amish have their own problems, lol.

I know many of them and never seen them complain....ever. They are some of the friendliest, helpful, sharing, spiritual people you will ever know.

Do you know what happens to Amish teenagers who decide not to return to the church and decide to live outside of the Amish community? Ask them..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27245684
United Kingdom
11/08/2012 03:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Time to start taking those meds OP ohyeah
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14997370
United States
11/08/2012 03:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
you're getting signs from god because you're schizophrenic.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26102938
Australia
11/08/2012 03:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
anything about inventing a new calendar?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 03:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
anything about inventing a new calendar?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26102938

lolsign
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 04:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Do you know what happens to Amish teenagers who decide not to return to the church and decide to live outside of the Amish community? Ask them..

They get a big dirty diaper of shunnin from all...
gotta eat in the other room all alone and be quiet :(
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24697946
United States
11/08/2012 04:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I didn't read any of the replies, but, here is my advice. I think God is saying, "Keep ur thoughts with me". It makes sense. Flesh is temporary and the spirit is forever. I think He wants you to pray and read the New Testament. Just a little every night. The time is near. Be strong with Him.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27278531
Canada
11/08/2012 04:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Accept Jesus as your lord and savior.

A human is 3 things.

Body

Soul

Spirit

Your body war's against your spirit.

Your soul is your mind/emotion's. It also wars against both the body and the spirit.

Now the spirit. Once you accept Jesus you will be "born again" your spirit will be replaced by the spirit of God.

No amount of evil or sin you do will condemn you to hell.

Human life is running on back up battery what you need is a connection with God if you want to live.

And boy you aint seen nothing yet.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 04:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
You can look inward but the solution is found outside yourself. God works best through other people so the best way to stop obsessing over ones innerself is to ask God to relieve you of the bondage of self.

Ask God for nothing other than to make you useful to him...then take action. Get out and help others...stop looking everywhere for answers. The answers will come to you as you seek God's will for you and abandon your own.

I don't completely agree, and I'm not here to get in a pissing match, and I'm still coming to terms with this but as I see it you will never find peace and unconditional love outside yourself, only when you find these things within and release yourself from existentialism can you find the path to it and let it fill you.

it being God for lack of a better description, the universe moreso, everything and almost nothing at all
 Quoting: g3p0

Go to a pet shelter and take a dog for a walk and you will be surrounded by unconditional love. Sit down with some seniors at a nursing home and you will find peace, love, and knowledge. Hold a baby in your arms. Build a wheelchair ramp for your neighbor.

My family is full of unconditional love so are my friends. I guess it depends on who you surround yourself with and where you choose to go. Reputation (what you think others think of you) is unimportant but CHARACTER (what you really are) is mirrored we chose our friends.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 04:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Only because they chose not to be Amish. If they chose that path why would they care about what the Amish community thinks of them?

The Amish can't shun me if I live on the 60th floor above the city of Chicago watching the Cubs game with binoculars while sitting on my couch.
German_Lad
User ID: 27294820
Germany
11/08/2012 04:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hello OP.
What you described sounds a lot like my situation over one year ago.
I quit with my Girlfriend because i felt deep down, we were in some form of co-dependency and it would be best for both to get some time on our own hands - to grow - and then find back together.

4 Months after the breakup - (i was in cardio training and diet) - I had a full blown spiritual experience with information streaming down/from within like crystal clear intuition/inner voice (i did not hear the voice). It was intuitive.

It started like: The following information is for you in this time of your life:
The First Law is: You have free will. (resonated deep within and seems like the oldest part of me imprinted long ago).

I was desperate, had no intention to kill myself
and my "free will" was not giving any orientation to the universe - no clear intentions.

My research began AFTER the exp.
To check if these universal rules are for everybody or
my mind playing tricks on me.

I will not try to convince or disturb your way with anything. I would give you one hint:

I lost connection to my true inner core.
And NOTHING outside of you will fill this gap.

google the Spiritual Emergence Network

Your way is upon you.
Negative Thoughts become habits not serving your being.
Thinking about Doom is in some form an addiction.

best blessings
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 05:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

Only because they chose not to be Amish. If they chose that path why would they care about what the Amish community thinks of them?

The Amish can't shun me if I live on the 60th floor above the city of Chicago watching the Cubs game with binoculars while sitting on my couch.

Families will disown their own children for choosing to leave the church. It's a cultural practice to shun anyone who decides to walk away from the church and the Amish community. You have to say good bye to your existing personal relationships with family & friends. It's pretty screwed up when you consider the enormous pressure of conformity within those communities and what young adults have to endure if they desire to pursue a life in the outside world. Just sayin'...
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 05:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Go to a pet shelter and take a dog for a walk and you will be surrounded by unconditional love. Sit down with some seniors at a nursing home and you will find peace, love, and knowledge. Hold a baby in your arms. Build a wheelchair ramp for your neighbor.

My family is full of unconditional love so are my friends. I guess it depends on who you surround yourself with and where you choose to go. Reputation (what you think others think of you) is unimportant but CHARACTER (what you really are) is mirrored we chose our friends.

why are you troubled?
I do not disagree with the small portions you describe.
to have it inside with you always... it shines through, and those portions come in abundance :)
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 05:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

Families will disown their own children for choosing to leave the church. It's a cultural practice to shun anyone who decides to walk away from the church and the Amish community. You have to say good bye to your existing personal relationships with family & friends. It's pretty fucked up when you consider the enormous pressure of conformity within those communities and what young adults have to endure if they desire to explore life outside of their community. Just sayin'...

Everything I know of the Amish is from 'Breaking Amish'
I've seen only what they allow us to see on the idiot box, and that is some seriously messed up shit. I feel for those who choose to leave not in the light of the media 10x
Funney

User ID: 11648979
Czechia
11/08/2012 05:16 AM

Report Abusive Post

why are you troubled?
I do not disagree with the small portions you describe.
to have it inside with you always... it shines through, and those portions come in abundance :)

good way
hf
moral reasoning takes about 250 miliseconds
we make errors in between
perception->relation->behaviour
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Families will disown their own children for choosing to leave the church. It's a cultural practice to shun anyone who decides to walk away from the church and the Amish community. You have to say good bye to your existing personal relationships with family & friends. It's pretty screwed up when you consider the enormous pressure of conformity within those communities and what young adults have to endure if they desire to pursue a life in the outside world. Just sayin'...

I'm sure if I stopped chipping in and left my family behind and became a satanist, my family would probably not want me around much either.

We have the freedom of choice but we do not get to control other's reactions towards us once we walk away from them for our own purposes.

Most divorces are mutual.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27134790
United States
11/08/2012 01:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
God is always speaking to us. However, if we can't hear Him, it is up to us to recognize that, and change the way we listen....assuming you/we want to.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1617215
United States
11/08/2012 02:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I used to believe in synchronicity. It was because I was having mental problems. Now I don't think that way and think anyone who does is crazy.

GLP