Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,155 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 751,663
Pageviews Today: 1,325,568Threads Today: 560Posts Today: 9,675
03:30 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Why do you have a problem with people receiving GOV assistants but not corporations?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17537156
Australia
11/08/2012 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why do you have a problem with people receiving GOV assistants but not corporations?
Corporations provide jobs and drive the economy and should be encouraged to prosper in any way possible by the government. Incentives to business usually involves letting them keep money that they have already earned themselves. On the other hand, providing a free ride to useless parasites who contribute nothing to society but crime and more parasites is stupid and counterproductive. Plus, it deprives those who receive it of any motive to maybe get busy and create a corporation of their own. None of this really matters anyway, we have reached the point where there are enough unproductive people in the country to vote themselves money and the US has begun its descent into the trash bin of history. Look at the history of the Roman empire. And learn to speak Chinese.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25059788

Regarding parasites voting themselves luxury. You must consider the technological advancement of the last 50 years. how many nick knack shops do we need when amazon will deliver? How many metal workers do we need when a CNC machine can do it better, safer, cheaper?

The corporate vehicle is an adult shark that has been protected 'till adulthood. no personal liability, 2 day bankrupcy, million dollar tax refunds AFTER billions of profit. Once these spoiled brats are released, they consume everything in its ecosystem, including government.

We don't need more people starting corporations. such as daycare facilities, services for education, homebuilders, etc. we need more people raising their own kids and actually living in the homes we overbuilt from 1994-2008. We do need healthcare for people who don't happen to work for a corporation that pays no taxes.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26480717

You make a good point in that.. the industrial revolution is long gone. As more and more jobs are replaced by process automation.. less workers are needed.. now what?

Computers replace accountants, robotic assembly replaces line workers.. there is simply less need for laborers. And yet we fail to grasp the systemic nature of a changing economy and blame the individuals themselves.
 Quoting: DOT 2 DOT

Automatization means one day humans may not need to work as much as they do now and may be able to live better lives, but it also means human population needs to stop growing. You can't expect to have 8 children and have the government support you. Yet welfare foments such thinking. We're in a turbulent epoch of humanity where people would do best to stop breeding so we can take it to the next level. Specially on third world nations.
 Quoting: Manu-Koelbren

The idea that we are being over populated and we need to stop is just creepy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27307504
United States
11/08/2012 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why do you have a problem with people receiving GOV assistants but not corporations?
"Democracy" only lasts until the corporations figure out that they can vote themselves money from the coffers. Then it becomes a fascist dictatorship. In the case of America, it was about 1 hour after the enactment of the Constitution that the seeds were sewn to destroy the republic.

We have all been living in an imperial, fascist dictatorship for 200 years. We are Rome.

The banking tricks used to control populations have been used for thousands of years...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27304318
Canada
11/08/2012 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Goes both ways no money given to anyone let people decide how they spend their money, government is the problem

where I live we have 274,000 people on welfare,we also have the highest social assistance housing in all of North America

our province is shit over the top in debt, we have invested heavily on corporations that are only too happy to take our money and leave just like the people taking advantage of welfare, I say cut off all funding to goverment expect for police, fire, emt
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27305279
United States
11/08/2012 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
To all the twits against welfare, I guarantee you that if you lose your job and your family is hungry, you WILL go on assistance if you can't find a job.

That is a FACT!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27304459
United States
11/08/2012 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
A lot of you people here on GLP seem to think people on welfare(the vets, the disabled, the old, people who make under 20k) are the problem. But there is no outrage or anger for the companies who make billions yet find ways to stick their hands in the pot. When you come one here and make threads about people who receive "handouts" when most of them actually need all the help they can get but fail to mention companies who exploit gov assistants you look like a bunch of selective problem solving hypocrite. How can you sit behind your screen and bash these people yet turn the other way at the real problem. Its like the cop who would rather chase down someone peeing in an ally instead of the guy mugging down the street.

We need to do better.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4496880

Let me start "doing better" by dissecting your sentence in bold.

Most people support helping wounded vets, including those with mental illness from service.

Most people support helping truly disabled people to survive.

Most people support Social Security since it's actually not welfare; you pay in, you get back -- now less than you paid in, but hopefully something you can survive on.

People who make under 20k, well that includes a number of different categories, including the traditional people we do not want to help (think Welfare Queens).

Why did you avoid talking about the real problem and roll it into the innocent sounding category "people who make under 20K"? Well, because you're trying to obscure the issue and make people forget about it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25915113
United States
11/08/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
The banks are corporations, JP, Goldman all corporate.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17549114
United States
11/08/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Corporations aren't people? Most likely the reason why, but I'm with you on this one and see your point.

Corporate welfare, especially in the security/defense complex is rampantly corrupt, but they have the lobbyists and ordinary people do not. That's the only difference.
 Quoting: MuayThai

corporations are owned by people so it makes no real difference.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27114781

Move along Mitt... your 15 minutes has overran your alloted time... buuuuh bye
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
To all the twits against welfare, I guarantee you that if you lose your job and your family is hungry, you WILL go on assistance if you can't find a job.

That is a FACT!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27305279

Not if you're not a female who can claim kids. Being not-the-wrong-skin-color probably helps too, according to what I've heard.

This is an important point. People who support these social programs should always think "if I needed it, could I get it?"
They will often find that the answer is NO, but you're not supposed to think about that.
Bluebird

User ID: 730536
United States
11/08/2012 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't think anyone should be bailed out PERIOD!

However, I have bigger a problem with demoncrats USING the handouts to manipulate the people.
 Quoting: Melrox

As in buying votes with our tax money!

And if we object, we are the bad ones!

What nonsense.
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Oh yeah, like you'd understand anyway.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J. Handy
Manu-Koelbren

User ID: 27210074
Spain
11/08/2012 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

However, I have bigger a problem with demoncrats USING the handouts to manipulate the people.

THISS
Banned as usual.

“It is far easier to be a weakling than to be a Real Man. Were the Earth less harsh or the circumstances of life less austere, man would destroy himself before the shrine of the languid goddess. Only Real Men can with safety destroy the tangled forests and wilderness of Earth and make from them gardens, but will those who inherit the gardens be Real Men? The law decrees that they must be, or the wilderness will reclaim its own.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1356510
United States
11/08/2012 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Excellent post op.

5*
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

That is a FACT!

Not if you're not a female who can claim kids. Being not-the-wrong-skin-color probably helps too, according to what I've heard.

This is an important point. People who support these social programs should always think "if I needed it, could I get it?"
They will often find that the answer is NO, but you're not supposed to think about that.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27304459

bsflag

Go look at the stats.

Ten seconds and you will realize you are dead wrong on that one.

PLENTY of single, white dads with no kids on welfare.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

That is a FACT!

bsflag

Go look at the stats.

Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

That is a FACT!

bsflag

Go look at the stats.

Meant to say men there, not dads.

Sorry for double post.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20901334
United States
Report Abusive Post
YES!! FINALLY!! SOME GET IT!!

The poor are not the problem, it is Corporate Welfare that is destroying this Nation!

That and the Fractional reserve fiat banking system, but nearly everyone uses it, so, in effect, we are all to blame.

FIAT money is the problem, but Gold standard is not the solution.

Demand lawful money per 12-USC 411 and end fractional reserves that finance ALL OF IT!
Manu-Koelbren

User ID: 27210074
Spain
Report Abusive Post

Regarding parasites voting themselves luxury. You must consider the technological advancement of the last 50 years. how many nick knack shops do we need when amazon will deliver? How many metal workers do we need when a CNC machine can do it better, safer, cheaper?

The corporate vehicle is an adult shark that has been protected 'till adulthood. no personal liability, 2 day bankrupcy, million dollar tax refunds AFTER billions of profit. Once these spoiled brats are released, they consume everything in its ecosystem, including government.

We don't need more people starting corporations. such as daycare facilities, services for education, homebuilders, etc. we need more people raising their own kids and actually living in the homes we overbuilt from 1994-2008. We do need healthcare for people who don't happen to work for a corporation that pays no taxes.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26480717

You make a good point in that.. the industrial revolution is long gone. As more and more jobs are replaced by process automation.. less workers are needed.. now what?

Computers replace accountants, robotic assembly replaces line workers.. there is simply less need for laborers. And yet we fail to grasp the systemic nature of a changing economy and blame the individuals themselves.

Automatization means one day humans may not need to work as much as they do now and may be able to live better lives, but it also means human population needs to stop growing. You can't expect to have 8 children and have the government support you. Yet welfare foments such thinking. We're in a turbulent epoch of humanity where people would do best to stop breeding so we can take it to the next level. Specially on third world nations.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17537156

We're overpopulated in the sense that there's more people than we can work to provide for. For instance, if we wanted to give a 1st world, middle class life to every person in this world, the 7 billion of them, we wouldn't have enough resources. And in the meantime the less developed, poorer and more ignorant peoples of this world keep breeding at high rates. We're not heading to any utopia following this path, we're heading for more conflict.
Banned as usual.

“It is far easier to be a weakling than to be a Real Man. Were the Earth less harsh or the circumstances of life less austere, man would destroy himself before the shrine of the languid goddess. Only Real Men can with safety destroy the tangled forests and wilderness of Earth and make from them gardens, but will those who inherit the gardens be Real Men? The law decrees that they must be, or the wilderness will reclaim its own.”
SHRModerator
Forum Administrator

11/08/2012 11:09 AM

Report Abusive Post
Only in Obamaland does the Gov TAKING less equal GIVING.

Ooooh, see the fire is sweepin' Our very streets today...
Burns like a red coal carpet, Mad bulls lost the way...
War, children, it's just a shot away...it's just a shot away....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17549114
United States
11/08/2012 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why? See Back to the Future? Remember Biff?
Bunch of grown up Biffs who take pleasure in shooting spit balls at the Downs kids in the cafeteria.
Hitokiri

User ID: 4003096
United States
Report Abusive Post
Nobody has a problem with helping out the vets, disabled, or elderly. It's the lazy "I deserve it" fucks we don't care to help.
 Quoting: Hitokiri

We?

FU
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24950699

Yeah, people like you. Stop being a lazy fuck!
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." - George Bernard Shaw
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17537156

We're overpopulated in the sense that there's more people than we can work to provide for. For instance, if we wanted to give a 1st world, middle class life to every person in this world, the 7 billion of them, we wouldn't have enough resources. And in the meantime the less developed, poorer and more ignorant peoples of this world keep breeding at high rates. We're not heading to any utopia following this path, we're heading for more conflict.

Man you have really done some mental gymnastics to come up with that one.

Whew.

Maybe you should kill yourself and set the example, Mr. Eugenicist.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

That is a FACT!

bsflag

Go look at the stats.

Dads with no kids? Hmmm ...

What statistics am I supposed to look at where they talk about dads with no kids? What statistics anyway?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24395285
United States
11/08/2012 11:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Corporations aren't people? Most likely the reason why, but I'm with you on this one and see your point.

Corporate welfare, especially in the security/defense complex is rampantly corrupt, but they have the lobbyists and ordinary people do not. That's the only difference.
 Quoting: MuayThai

corporations are owned by people so it makes no real difference.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27114781

Perhaps you are not familiar with the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution. The opportunity to vote twice, once with the shared right to vote, then the second, with the right to buy a vote, makes a very real difference.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11835165
United States
Report Abusive Post
A lot of you people here on GLP seem to think people on welfare(the vets, the disabled, the old, people who make under 20k) are the problem. But there is no outrage or anger for the companies who make billions yet find ways to stick their hands in the pot. When you come one here and make threads about people who receive "handouts" when most of them actually need all the help they can get but fail to mention companies who exploit gov assistants you look like a bunch of selective problem solving hypocrite. How can you sit behind your screen and bash these people yet turn the other way at the real problem. Its like the cop who would rather chase down someone peeing in an ally instead of the guy mugging down the street.

We need to do better.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4496880

Congrats for your thoughtful post. You are right; the problem is that government has turned into something like a senile rich grandparent, that the relatives seek to loot. The money will belong to the relatives eventually, but they are falling over themselves now, trying to grab what they can before the relative dies.

All the people and organizations that expect government to give them lots of stuff are more than misguided, they are dangerous to their own children and the rest of us.
Hitokiri

User ID: 4003096
United States
Report Abusive Post

As in buying votes with our tax money!

And if we object, we are the bad ones!

What nonsense.
 Quoting: Bluebird

Crowd-Applause
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." - George Bernard Shaw
Bluebird

User ID: 730536
United States
11/08/2012 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

That is a FACT!

And still be on it years later??? Or even a second generation on it?

What ever happened to people moving to find work as some of us and definitely our parents had to do?

No one is talking about social security or veterans benefits which are things people paid into. It's the 100% free deal that is bankrupting the country.

The only way I know to stop it is if we all sign up for everything we can get and I completely intend to do so. It's not right that some people be given free money taken from others.
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Oh yeah, like you'd understand anyway.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J. Handy
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

That is a FACT!

bsflag

Go look at the stats.

Meant to say men there, not dads.

Sorry for double post.

OK first lemme return your BS flag:

bsflag

and tell you that even after realizing your post was literally impossible, your "limited hangout" position is still wrong.

How can a single white man get on AFDC? Please explain. Give a link to your alleged statistics.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 11:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

That is a FACT!

bsflag

Go look at the stats.

Dads with no kids? Hmmm ...

What statistics am I supposed to look at where they talk about dads with no kids? What statistics anyway?

Yeah, I edited that post if you would have used patience and kept reading instead of knee jerk reacting like a jackass.

Not my job to provide proof, if you're too stupid to use Google, I don't know how to help you.

Maybe you're just lazy AND stupid? 1dunno1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22832998
Sweden
11/08/2012 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
We are against all you thieves, we boycott these companies for example. We tell others to boycott them too, but then your pals come and say "no you're mean boycotting these fagloving wellfare bum companies, think about the working man he will be without a job"...

I say starve them all.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1507912
United States
11/08/2012 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you believe the media, you will believe the lie that people are getting a lot of gov. goods. They might in the corporate world but not in the real world!

There isn't enough job for the people who are out of work.
The people I know doesn't get any gov. help, even though they need it real bad.

If you tell a lie long enough and repeat it over and over people will believe it!

One of my nephews quit a job with the electric company, which will go unnamed, because he could not stand the pain of turning the electricity off, at the homes of little old ladies or a man with small children, who was laid off and ran out of unemployment, with no job in sight. He could not stand it, when he had to cut the power off at two churches, he when to another job that he could do, paid less but didn't break his heart.

At least he know how to work with his hands.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16213681
United States
11/08/2012 11:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

:THISS:

Here's a concept. Thousands year old cultures HAVE WORKED IT OUT to create everything we have failed doing...then again, the u.s. is only 236 years old greenstick adolescentwith a tendency to blow things up and kill lots of people.

Take a look at Norway, Iceland and about 98 other countries that have learned you need lifeblood flowing to the entire organism to continue on. Not 1%.
Furthermore, there is a concept called mentoring the young instead of beating them down burdened by usury and no real education (Bishop McGill is still actually teaching SKILLS!).
And once a skill is learned to enter professions there are jobs and $ for research for outstanding minds.

Screw you.

GLP