Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,929 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,549,360
Pageviews Today: 2,573,262Threads Today: 1,028Posts Today: 18,255
11:55 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Why do you have a problem with people receiving GOV assistants but not corporations?

Bluebird

User ID: 730536
United States
11/08/2012 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why do you have a problem with people receiving GOV assistants but not corporations?
The Federal Reserve does not operate using TAX DOLLARS. They are private banks.

Welfare, Obamaphones, food stamps and so forth come from TAX Dollars.

I do not like to pay tax dollars.

I can't put it any more simple than that.

But don't try to pretend the federal reserve is the same as the U.S. government.

And I do NOT support corporate welfare either nor bank bailouts but if the Federal reserve is doing it, that's a totally different situation. Banks answer to their shareholders.
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Oh yeah, like you'd understand anyway.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J. Handy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27305279
United States
11/08/2012 01:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why do you have a problem with people receiving GOV assistants but not corporations?

You have to just love these corporate sycophants that defend corporate control/fascism.

Too big to fail, private mercenary protected, slave-wage inducing entities funding the complete sell-out of government [Citizen United].

It is a fascist sell-out and people like this poster, will do anything to spin reality.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24950699

Why do you include my name in your post?

I do NOT support corporate welfare or bailouts at all!

I am opposed to ANY government bailouts of anybody or anything. It's not their job.

But LYING and saying the government spends more on corporate welfare than it does entitlement programs is why people think it's OK to get all their free stuff.

It's a cheap trick used to justify bilking the system!

Quoting: Bluebird

[link to www.economonitor.com]

I'll await your response.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27305279

Why are you awaiting my response?

It says:

Most recently, Bloomberg provided an in-depth analysis of Fed lending to the biggest banks, reporting a sum of $7.77 trillion. On December 8, Bernanke struck back with a highly misleading and factually incorrect memo countering Bloomberg’s report.

You do know that the Federal Reserve is a panel or whatever you would call it, of PRIVATE BANKS. It is NOT the federal government. It is PRIVATE MONEY, not our taxes.

Obviously I am dealing with a child here and wasting my time.

[link to www.youtube.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4727082
United States
11/08/2012 01:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Human secularism has been jammed down our throats for the last 40 years because the boomers did not like having religion jammed down their throat when growing up. They also rebeled against the "chores" like keeping up a home/farm and especially the "chore" of having a full time nurturer for children in a monogamous two parent household.

Ending the tax code is the first step. (not taxes themselves, just the absurd set of rules fueled by coke and hookers on K-Street D.C.)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26480717

1) Uh, we are a secular government because the Founding Fathers set it up that way. The Protestants were escaping religious persecution, the colonies grew with changing tides of religion based on splits within the Protestant church. There were Jewish and Atheist communities as well, though the latter was only a couple that never really thrived. They weren't called Atheist either, though the real name escapes me at the moment.
My point here is that by the time the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were drawn, there were several religious communities and not one was held above the other. As time has gone on, however, threats against the specific Christian values at the time have been made and yet surprisingly, by the next generation, the issue was forgotten and society had moved on.
It is financially impossible for a household to have one parent at home full time. My husband and I barely squeak by. We are both in college at the moment so that we can get hired for slightly higher than minimum wage jobs. The GOP had the office for 8 years and ran this country into ruin (as well as Clinton's housing decision in the '90's); the Democrats have had the White House for only 4 and have mucked it up horribly as well.
We had a chance to make a change and we will again in 4 more years. The whole government is what is running the country into the ground, the Senate and the Congress.
QUIT VOTING THE SAME STUPID PEOPLE IN, AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

But don't try to pretend the federal reserve is the same as the U.S. government.

And I do NOT support corporate welfare either nor bank bailouts but if the Federal reserve is doing it, that's a totally different situation. Banks answer to their shareholders.

Where in the hell are you getting this assumption that I believe the Federal reserve is part of the government?

You can't just make shit up to make yourself right.

I'm still awaiting your response to the 29 trillion dollar bailout facts.

Try to stay on topic.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24950699
United States
11/08/2012 01:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Are you saying no tax dollars go to the FED?

crazyjak
Bluebird

United States
11/08/2012 01:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

I am opposed to ANY government bailouts of anybody or anything. It's not their job.

But LYING and saying the government spends more on corporate welfare than it does entitlement programs is why people think it's OK to get all their free stuff.

It says:

Most recently, Bloomberg provided an in-depth analysis of Fed lending to the biggest banks, reporting a sum of $7.77 trillion. On December 8, Bernanke struck back with a highly misleading and factually incorrect memo countering Bloomberg’s report.

You do know that the Federal Reserve is a panel or whatever you would call it, of PRIVATE BANKS. It is NOT the federal government. It is PRIVATE MONEY, not our taxes.

[link to www.youtube.com]

No, I answered every one of your childish questions and rather politely I might add.

I will repeat: I do not like to see my tax dollars going for ANY kind of welfare other than what people have paid into, earned or those in extreme dire circumstances.

It has become a career and way of life and is the largest expense the government has to pay and is unsustainable.

That's not what I say. It's in black and white in the budget.
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27304459
United States
11/08/2012 01:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

Not at all. What I do NOT want is people being totally subsidized by the government living BETTER than I do while I have to work and pay taxes and they do not do either of those things.

I really want us ALL to play by the same rules as Obama says.

If they're living better than you, you're not doing very well at all.

It's not just cash and food they get.

I know people that pay 10 dollars a month for electricity and another 10 for gas...all year long for years. That's it. The only way to get on these programs is to be destitute and jobless. So, they make themselves destitute to get the benefits because working for minimum wage is almost impossible these days. They have a better, freer life on welfare. Not necessarily a better way of life.

On the side, they find other things to do such as fix cars or clean house for cash and don't pay any taxes to this crooked fucking government o spend on war and death.

I really don't see the problem here IF it's the collapse of this government that we are all seeking.

Actually I don't either, as long as everyone including white people has equal access to these programs and benefits.

This is not the case according to much anecdotal evidence. We even had a thread about that once here on GLP and several people agreed. This has got to stop. The welfare lifestyle , such as it is, must be available for everybody or for nobody.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27304459

I don't know why people falsely claim that there aren't many white people on these programs.

The majority on welfare are white and non-urban.

Still waiting for some evidence to support your points.

What I do know from anecdotal data (people telling me) is that in my area, white people have a harder time getting on the rolls than others, and virtually everyone working in the office that makes approval decisions is black.

I cannot support such a system without enough transparency to prevent people who look like me from being screwed when they need help.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

crazyjak

Dude, she's a complete fucking idiot.

Don't waste the time I have with this twit.
Bluebird

United States
11/08/2012 01:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

crazyjak

No, I'm not saying that. But it is separate money. It's the same as any other bank:

The Federal Reserve's income is derived primarily from the interest on U.S. government securities that it has acquired through open market operations. Other sources of income are the interest on foreign currency investments held by the System; fees received for services provided to depository institutions, such as check clearing, funds transfers and automated clearinghouse operations; and interest on loans to depository institutions (the rate on which is the so-called discount rate). After paying its expenses, the Federal Reserve turns the rest of its earnings over to the U.S. Treasury.

[link to www.federalreserveeducation.org]

Last Edited by Bluebird on 11/08/2012 01:16 PM

Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

If they're living better than you, you're not doing very well at all.

It's not just cash and food they get.

I know people that pay 10 dollars a month for electricity and another 10 for gas...all year long for years. That's it. The only way to get on these programs is to be destitute and jobless. So, they make themselves destitute to get the benefits because working for minimum wage is almost impossible these days. They have a better, freer life on welfare. Not necessarily a better way of life.

On the side, they find other things to do such as fix cars or clean house for cash and don't pay any taxes to this crooked fucking government o spend on war and death.

I really don't see the problem here IF it's the collapse of this government that we are all seeking.

Actually I don't either, as long as everyone including white people has equal access to these programs and benefits.

This is not the case according to much anecdotal evidence. We even had a thread about that once here on GLP and several people agreed. This has got to stop. The welfare lifestyle , such as it is, must be available for everybody or for nobody.

I don't know why people falsely claim that there aren't many white people on these programs.

The majority on welfare are white and non-urban.

Still waiting for some evidence to support your points.

What I do know from anecdotal data (people telling me) is that in my area, white people have a harder time getting on the rolls than others, and virtually everyone working in the office that makes approval decisions is black.

I cannot support such a system without enough transparency to prevent people who look like me from being screwed when they need help.

Do you always wait around for other people to give you the answers?

It is a very simple Google search and there are multiple links there.

Educate yourself.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

crazyjak

No, I'm not saying that. But it is separate money. It's the same as any other bank:

The Federal Reserve's income is derived primarily from the interest on U.S. government securities that it has acquired through open market operations. Other sources of income are the interest on foreign currency investments held by the System; fees received for services provided to depository institutions, such as check clearing, funds transfers and automated clearinghouse operations; and interest on loans to depository institutions (the rate on which is the so-called discount rate). After paying its expenses, the Federal Reserve turns the rest of its earnings over to the U.S. Treasury.

lmao

You're so cute.

[link to money.cnn.com]
Bluebird

United States
11/08/2012 01:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Where in the hell are you getting this assumption that I believe the Federal reserve is part of the government?

Try to stay on topic.

If the private banks of the Federal Reserve bailed out something, it is NOT my problem. They are not demanding taxes directly from ME to pay for it.

It's totally a different subject than the government tax-funded welfare to both individuals and corporations.

And totally derails this thread.

Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm outta here.

This place is chuck FULL of idiots.
Bluebird

United States
11/08/2012 01:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Title of this thread and the discussion is the GOVERNMENT giving assistance and NOT the Federal Reserve.

Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

Try to stay on topic.

If the private banks of the Federal Reserve bailed out something, it is NOT my problem. They are not demanding taxes directly from ME to pay for it.

It's totally a different subject than the government tax-funded welfare to both individuals and corporations.

And totally derails this thread.

You obviously don't understand deflation of currency and how it effects YOU.

You're so stupid it hurts my head reading your words.

Literally.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17549114
United States
11/08/2012 01:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

crazyjak

They skim that shit right off the top..
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Title of this thread and the discussion is the GOVERNMENT giving assistance and NOT the Federal Reserve.

The debate that YOU started was about the bailouts and corporate welfare that numbered in the 29 TRILLION dollar range compared to food stamps and welfare.

I'm so done with you.

hi

When you wake the fuck up, come see me.

I'll be around.
Bluebird

United States
11/08/2012 01:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
We're not talking about deflation or inflation or the federal reserve.

Just the GOVERNMENT assistance to individuals and corporations.

If 279 wants to start a discussion of those things, I suggest you start your own thread.

Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

If 279 wants to start a discussion of those things, I suggest you start your own thread.

You started the shit with the federal reserve out of nowhere, not me. Dumbass.

Then you claim that the corporate bailouts don't effect your money. Dumbass.

You're just too stupid to breathe.

*Why did I come back? Just leave these morons to themselves already.*
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

After looking over your thread history, it's no surprise, now, that you are completely clueless.

Note to self.
Nodogma

User ID: 22489921
United States
11/08/2012 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have seen welfare work , and i have seen the many abuses, and failures, my old gf went to school rasied 3 chillen and make something for herself, and my neighbor who is fat drunk and stupid plus lazy as hell , abuse the system for years him i resent .her i respect, there are always 2 sides to every issue.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27057831

"chillen" heh

You respect her for having everyone else pay to raise her 3 chillen ?

I don't. She should have kept her legs closed if she didn't have a plan to pay to raise them. Now I know shit happens, but still it's not a good thing. If divorce there is child support. And so on.

The assistance I mostly despise is for the lazy ass mother fuckers who have an EBT card but got the newest air jordons on their feet. And before you shout racist, that also applies to the trailer trash hoe with 10 kids by 10 different men and no desire to get their fat ass off the couch to find a job.

Corporations do create jobs, right? WTF does a lazy fucking 7th grade education level welfare recipient create? More babies hardwired to be like they mommy!

Understand?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27301248

Women who can't keep their legs closed and the welfare kid with the new air jordans are the two most common phrases everyone says. Booooring! Be a little more original. First of all, it takes two to tango....Come on, where's the deadbeat dad? So you're judging someone by their apparel. Did you ever think that maybe they got it as a gift, goodwill, or it was a hand-me-down.
Bluebird

United States
11/08/2012 01:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

No, YOU posted a link to an article that said the Federal Reserve gave $29 trillion in bailouts trying to PRETEND it was the U.S. Government who did that.

It was from your bogus proof link.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26966470
United States
11/08/2012 01:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

I clicked on the last page of this thread and see some of the most idiotic ramblings I have ever seen on GLP.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

I clicked on the last page of this thread and see some of the most idiotic ramblings I have ever seen on GLP.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26966470

Yeah, but its so much fun.
These fools think Obamaphone lady has the money.
This website claims to be for entertainment purposes. I am entertained
Bluebird

United States
11/08/2012 01:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
What money? There is no money. That's the problem. But this is where it went:

[link to www.cbo.gov]

Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.cbo.gov]

No, THIS is where it went.

[link to www.google.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18114673
Australia
11/08/2012 01:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
TARP trillions, or $80 a month in food stamps... you decide.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8343252

You'd better multiply that $80 per month MANY times over. FACT is, the average "welfare" recipient in the U.S. receives over $61,000 per year in benefits.

Besides, corporations DO create jobs. They may just hire me or a loved one. No welfare recipient will do that.
 Quoting: LOL 27284658

You got some evidence to back that statement up?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.cbo.gov]

I looked at your little chart. It's cute, but it's bullshit.
With corporate welfare, it is spread across all of spending.
Drug companies are snatching their freebies under medical spending and may sneak a little out of transportation.
Defense contactors may sneek some out of what is considered medical spending for supplies.

Hidden in plain sight, but if you gathered all of these programs up and call them what they are, and put them in thier own catagory, you would see what you refuse to see.

Do you recall what I had to say about the shell game?
Epic Beard Guy

User ID: 26240425
United States
11/08/2012 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

You have to just love these corporate sycophants that defend corporate control/fascism.

Too big to fail, private mercenary protected, slave-wage inducing entities funding the complete sell-out of government [Citizen United].

It is a fascist sell-out and people like this poster, will do anything to spin reality.

It says:

You obviously do not understand how the fed works. It is a private bank, but it has been given unlimited power to mint our money. It is unconstitutional, but it is still happening. It is our money! This private bank is minting US currency, and lending it back to us. Yes they are charging us interest on our own money. Then they print up as much money as they want for their bail-outs. This basically makes all dollars worth less. So every time you hear that the fed is bailing someone out, even though our taxes are not be used, it is costing us because our dollars are losing value when the mint more money for these projects that we have nothing to do with. Liberal economics are hocus pocus!
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 936918
United States
11/08/2012 02:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
A lot of you people here on GLP seem to think people on welfare(the vets, the disabled, the old, people who make under 20k) are the problem. But there is no outrage or anger for the companies who make billions yet find ways to stick their hands in the pot. When you come one here and make threads about people who receive "handouts" when most of them actually need all the help they can get but fail to mention companies who exploit gov assistants you look like a bunch of selective problem solving hypocrite. How can you sit behind your screen and bash these people yet turn the other way at the real problem. Its like the cop who would rather chase down someone peeing in an ally instead of the guy mugging down the street.

We need to do better.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4496880

Most of those on welfare programs are freeloaders who do not employ people or provide people with their livelyhoods. I met a lot of them working in the mortgage business investigating the subprime scams- giving home loans to people on disability, etc. They're lazy scam artists collecting disability and food cards and housing assistance.

GLP