Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,415 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 103,142
Pageviews Today: 205,262Threads Today: 115Posts Today: 1,624
02:16 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Military absentee votes mysteriously delayed, sent back to Afghanistan, then dumped overboard before delivery...a day late

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27210708
Thailand
11/08/2012 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Military absentee votes mysteriously delayed, sent back to Afghanistan, then dumped overboard before delivery...a day late
He ordered them to vote 8 months ago. He did not say for who, only said they must vote.

The Admiral probably knew Obummer would play dirty and his way to help was ensure those under his command actually voted.

This excuse making it BS is twisted. The fact is the high up democrats are happy but cautious because they know what they did. Damage control will be in full swing, think about it.

Anyone discrediting this is automatically suspect.
 Quoting: --Voltaic--

Hahaha...and you are still sucking up the joke story? Did you even look at the website it came from? It's all military humor stories.

Don't you understand? The quote was "“I expected a delay so I ordered that everyone cast their votes eight months ago." But there weren't any ballots eight months ago cause there were no candidates nominated until the conventions three months ago.

But if you still want to go on facts, even though the story is really funny,:

Now consider:

1. There were not enough absentee ballots shipped out. Even if ALL of them voted Romney and ALL of them were lost, it would not have made a difference.

2. There is no "Read Admiral John Dawes", the source quoted in the story. Try googling the name yourself.

3. The USS Kearsarge has not been the Gulf since May 2011, when she returned to port at Norfolk.

Think about it. You're one of those suckers who always goes for April Fools jokes, and everyone laughs at you, aren't you?

Sheesh...what a tool.
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
11/08/2012 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Military absentee votes mysteriously delayed, sent back to Afghanistan, then dumped overboard before delivery...a day late
And here is another shocking news story from the same military news site that started this thread:

CAMP LEJEUNE, NC – Members of the Camp Lejeune Base Public Affairs were saddened by last week’s tragic suicide of Sergeant Jay Dorsey, a Public Affairs Marine, but proud that his last note highlighted the many features that can be found at the new base exchange.

“While I can no longer endure the pain and sorrow that is my life, at least I can be assured that the men and women aboard Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune will continue to enjoy top quality service and bargain prices at the Exchange,” Sergeant Dorsey wrote just before hanging himself.
“In fact, I bought this rope there at 5% off the normal sales price. What a deal!”
Staff Sergeant Edward Lindsay, Dorsey’s supervisor, showed selected parts of the note to Duffel Blog reporters.

“It’s as if the walls of my spacious, comfortable barracks room are closing in,” began Dorsey’s note, which was several pages long and included multiple high-quality pictures taken by Combat Camera.

[link to www.duffelblog.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27314176
United States
11/08/2012 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
You sign up for the U.S. Military you lose all your rights until your enlistment is over.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27138310
United States
11/08/2012 12:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
PROBABLY NOT TRUE but as divided as the country is-AND IT IS-
not a very good joke.

Watch for big time layoffs coming and the re issue of the employment reports.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24473407
United States
11/08/2012 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Boy would I be upset, if I were risking my life for this country and I my vote didn't even count, and was purposely delayed and not counted.
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
11/08/2012 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Boy would I be upset, if I were risking my life for this country and I my vote didn't even count, and was purposely delayed and not counted.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24473407

Chalk up one more sucker who believed the joke story!

hahahaha
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27315428
United States
11/08/2012 01:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
THIS ELECTION WAS SOOOOO STOLEN
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26142676

Stolen? Itt was set in stone the moment romney alienated 47%+ of the voters, now were stuck with four more years because of one slip of the tongue
UndercoverAlien

User ID: 27306410
Brazil
11/08/2012 01:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Time for a military coup!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25952351

It's coming! Rolland Emmerich's next flick "White House Down" foretells it. Jammie Foxx is Obama!

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)
The Guy

User ID: 5145260
United States
11/08/2012 02:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
One more thing I just noticed in the story:

Twelve boxes of ballots were dropped overboard during delivery to the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3) in the Persian Gulf, then while the ship sailed to Bahrain, postal clerks allegedly pocketed whatever ballots they wanted.

First of all, nobody military or familiar with the Middle East calls that body of water the "Persian Gulf". It's the Arabian Gulf.

Secondly, the USS Kearsarge has not been in the Gulf since May of 2011, when she returned to port in Norfolk.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27210708

Not true, we call it the Persian Gulf. We usually just say, "The Gulf," but the full name is the Persian Gulf.

Last Edited by The Guy on 11/08/2012 02:13 PM
It's good to be open-minded, just don't let your brain fall out.
The Guy

United States
11/08/2012 02:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Twelve boxes of ballots were dropped overboard during delivery to the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3) in the Persian Gulf, then while the ship sailed to Bahrain, postal clerks allegedly pocketed whatever ballots they wanted.

First of all, nobody military or familiar with the Middle East calls that body of water the "Persian Gulf". It's the Arabian Gulf.

Secondly, the USS Kearsarge has not been in the Gulf since May of 2011, when she returned to port in Norfolk.

I do have to disagree with one of your points. I was in the navy for 8 years, and everyone I met or talked to called it the Persian gulf or just the gulf. And Bahrain is a POS port of call. Just saying.

EDIT: Not saying story is true or false, just the one point on your comment.
 Quoting: Saucy Jack

Except for the Gold Souk and Shwarma Alley. Yum.
The Guy

United States
11/08/2012 02:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
But yeah, Duffleblog is to the US military as the Onion is to everyone else.
SGSR1

User ID: 6735832
United States
11/08/2012 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
THIS ELECTION WAS SOOOOO STOLEN
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26142676

You sound Surprised
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26579062
United States
11/08/2012 04:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
and the hoax joke thread is still pinned!!! stupid fuckers!!! lmao
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
11/08/2012 07:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

Not true, we call it the Persian Gulf. We usually just say, "The Gulf," but the full name is the Persian Gulf.
 Quoting: The Guy

Maybe you aren't Navy then. It's officially "Arabian Gulf" in the USN. It's not Persian Gulf because it isn't Persian (Iranian). See the link below for the official USN Style Guide.

[link to www.navy.mil]

Persian Gulf - use Arabian Gulf. "Gulf" is acceptable in second reference. Note: The Arabian Sea is its own body of water and should not be confused with references to the Arabian Gulf.
The Guy

United States
11/10/2012 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: The Guy

Maybe you aren't Navy then. It's officially "Arabian Gulf" in the USN. It's not Persian Gulf because it isn't Persian (Iranian). See the link below for the official USN Style Guide.

[link to www.navy.mil]

Persian Gulf - use Arabian Gulf. "Gulf" is acceptable in second reference. Note: The Arabian Sea is its own body of water and should not be confused with references to the Arabian Gulf.

Sorry, but we call it the Persian Gulf. If there's some kind of official name change coming down the chain, then there's probably some kind of training on it in my future. Yippee.
Nam Marine
User ID: 24695931
United States
11/10/2012 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is pure bullshit! Someone needs to swing for this crap!

GLP