Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,419 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 250,877
Pageviews Today: 409,944Threads Today: 128Posts Today: 2,353
05:56 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

America’s First Ever Hindu Congresswoman Will Take the Oath of Office Over the Bhagavad Gita

Mordier L'eft
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 27291334
Canada
11/08/2012 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
America’s First Ever Hindu Congresswoman Will Take the Oath of Office Over the Bhagavad Gita
Last night, Hawaii not only elected Japan-born Mazie Hirono to be the first ever Asian-American woman elected to the Senate, they also elected Democrat Tulsi Gabbard as the first ever practicing Hindu to the US House of Representatives. Hawaii has been declared a Fox News Disaster Zone.

Thirty-one-year-old Gabbard is the daughter of two conservative Hawaii politicians and first ran for office at age 21. After her first term, she voluntarily served on a 12-month tour of duty with Hawaii's National Guard, and then became the first woman in the history of the Accelerated Officer Candidate School at the Alabama Military Academy to be designated a "distinguished honor graduate."

When she's sworn in this January, she'll take her oath of office over a Bhagavad Gita, a sacred text for followers of the Vaishnava branch of Hindu. According to HuffPo, Gabbard's favorite verses include,

— "That which pervades the entire body you should know to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy that imperishable soul." (2:17)
— "The soul can never be cut into pieces by any weapon, nor can he be burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind."(2.23)

[link to jezebel.com]
--"In this era of great big brains anything that can happen will. So hunker down." -- Kurt Vonnegut, JR. -- Galapagos.
Mordier L'eft  (OP)

User ID: 27291334
Canada
11/08/2012 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: America’s First Ever Hindu Congresswoman Will Take the Oath of Office Over the Bhagavad Gita
Bhagavad Gita bump
--"In this era of great big brains anything that can happen will. So hunker down." -- Kurt Vonnegut, JR. -- Galapagos.
bargoose

User ID: 27227281
United Kingdom
11/08/2012 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: America’s First Ever Hindu Congresswoman Will Take the Oath of Office Over the Bhagavad Gita
Probably the most precious book i own.
On the path of least resistance
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7554855
Canada
11/08/2012 11:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Now this is progress. My hope is being restored.
Ozark

User ID: 1113004
United States
11/08/2012 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
great news!

float
Favorite quote or Haiku,
Nikos Kazantzakis

" I said to the Almond tree, "Sister, speak to me of God..."
And the Almond tree blossomed...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20260218
United States
11/08/2012 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
That is awesome.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5821387
United States
11/08/2012 12:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
The only book I care about is the Koran otherwise I dont have a problem with it... Good for her!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25342985
United States
11/08/2012 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good on her. And the citizens who elected her.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4876801
United States
11/08/2012 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good to see that some of the ideas in the Constitution are still being followed. Freedom of religion. Amazing.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24016892
United States
11/08/2012 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have never met a Hindu or Buddhist that I haven't liked.

I can't say that for Islamist, Jews, Christians and Atheists, but there are good people in all religions.

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13263762
United States
11/08/2012 12:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
lol I live in a community of Hindus and Buddhists. They are like everyone else. A few saints among the sinners.

quote:Anonymous Coward 24016892:MV8yMDQ0MjM4XzM0MzUwMDIwXzg0NjFGOEI0]
I have never met a Hindu or Buddhist that I haven't liked.

I can't say that for Islamist, Jews, Christians and Atheists, but there are good people in all religions.

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13263762
United States
11/08/2012 12:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hum, Hindus...

Brahmins are Jews, or should we say Jews are Brahmins, practice the ten virtues and ritually bath once a month
before their obligatory sex with married partner.

Aghora Shavites or horrible followers of Lord Shiva are more
like Luciferians. They practice black tantra to get there
way.
R...

User ID: 572408
Netherlands
11/08/2012 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
well, if Vedic, Brahmanic and Buddhic learnings would ever penetrate into US politics, it would be marvelous
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play." - 'Wargames'

"This world is more like a mystery, trapped in a conundrum, spun by a paradox." - AC1118155
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26075182
United States
11/08/2012 01:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm glad you're still free to practice any religion you wish, just remember:

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 14:6
Red Harvest

User ID: 14185604
United States
11/08/2012 01:05 PM

Report Abusive Post
Hindu cosmology is fascinating I think she will do well.
“Phantoms fill the skies around you.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17090286
United States
11/08/2012 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I approve. Most sacred and pure text I've ever read.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14865352
Netherlands
Report Abusive Post
well, if Vedic, Brahmanic and Buddhic learnings would ever penetrate into US politics, it would be marvelous
 Quoting: R...

Nope, they will only use it to justify what they are.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18559229
Germany
Report Abusive Post
A shape of only good things to come. I'm a Hindu, and its probably the most all-encompassing, self-effacing religion. The truism in those books far surpass the petty human issues that modern religions (control systems) have. Its designed to keep people in-fighting while the elite ruling robber barons call the shots.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18559229
Germany
11/08/2012 01:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26075182

Krsna Consciousness = Christ Consciousness.

Jesus said 'I'm the way', in that, 'be the way I am'. Not that he's the one and only way. and P.S. i'm a Christian who practices hindu spirituality.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27085733
United Kingdom
11/08/2012 01:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

It already has - and America will soon look like India as it forsakes the Creator of Heaven and Earth - the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I don't think you may have noticed that the good jobs and our manufacturing being given to third world countries, as our families break down and as we kill millions of our unborn and as we blasphemy the One True God by whoring around with these false gods. Go to India and bathe with the dead bodies - human and animal - floating by you in the river. It'll show you that the true "enlightenment" of Hinduism is nothing more than a serpent keeping its worshippers in an abject state of spiritual slavery.

Obama carries his little Buddha in his pocket. Obama posing as Shiva, the destroyer- on the front cover of Time. Hinduism is death to the soul and spirit, creating the beehive mentality and caste system that keeps hundreds of millions of Indians in satanic bondage.

May the True God of Heaven and Earth bring judgement and conviction upon our nations who are so completely blinded as to ignore His repeated warnings that our enemies will be brought against us - HIS ISRAEL.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4017028
Norway
11/08/2012 01:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
I approve. Most sacred and pure text I've ever read.
 Quoting: Leslie Zevo

+1
Pure Spirituality & Pure Love.
What Society Dearly needs in these trying times.
peace
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 858876
United States
11/08/2012 01:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Krsna Consciousness = Christ Consciousness.

Jesus said 'I'm the way', in that, 'be the way I am'. Not that he's the one and only way. and P.S. i'm a Christian who practices hindu spirituality.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18559229

More like "The I AM (pure Being/Consciousness) is the way/path."

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27287668
India
11/08/2012 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
The BHAGAVAD-GITA in English and 15 other languages (Including Arabic)

[link to www.bhagavad-gita.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27287668
India
11/08/2012 01:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
The BHAGAVAD-GITA in English and 15 other languages (Including Arabic)

[link to www.bhagavad-gita.org]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27287668

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27162750
United States
11/08/2012 01:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Despite their wacky and hilarious elephant head gods and their smell, I don't worry too much about the Hindus. Now if a pedo-prophet worshipper got elected, then we would be in trouble. Oh wait, too late.

ohappy
Mister_Worlwide

User ID: 26282771
United States
11/08/2012 01:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Last night, Hawaii not only elected Japan-born Mazie Hirono to be the first ever Asian-American woman elected to the Senate, they also elected Democrat Tulsi Gabbard as the first ever practicing Hindu to the US House of Representatives. Hawaii has been declared a Fox News Disaster Zone.

Thirty-one-year-old Gabbard is the daughter of two conservative Hawaii politicians and first ran for office at age 21. After her first term, she voluntarily served on a 12-month tour of duty with Hawaii's National Guard, and then became the first woman in the history of the Accelerated Officer Candidate School at the Alabama Military Academy to be designated a "distinguished honor graduate."

When she's sworn in this January, she'll take her oath of office over a Bhagavad Gita, a sacred text for followers of the Vaishnava branch of Hindu. According to HuffPo, Gabbard's favorite verses include,

— "That which pervades the entire body you should know to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy that imperishable soul." (2:17)
— "The soul can never be cut into pieces by any weapon, nor can he be burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind."(2.23)

[link to jezebel.com]
 Quoting: Mordier L'eft
Very cool.
There's nothing like Miami's heat....
...Padre Island, TX does beat it!
Mister_Worlwide

User ID: 26282771
United States
11/08/2012 01:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

It already has - and America will soon look like India as it forsakes the Creator of Heaven and Earth - the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I don't think you may have noticed that the good jobs and our manufacturing being given to third world countries, as our families break down and as we kill millions of our unborn and as we blasphemy the One True God by whoring around with these false gods. Go to India and bathe with the dead bodies - human and animal - floating by you in the river. It'll show you that the true "enlightenment" of Hinduism is nothing more than a serpent keeping its worshippers in an abject state of spiritual slavery.

Obama carries his little Buddha in his pocket. Obama posing as Shiva, the destroyer- on the front cover of Time. Hinduism is death to the soul and spirit, creating the beehive mentality and caste system that keeps hundreds of millions of Indians in satanic bondage.

May the True God of Heaven and Earth bring judgement and conviction upon our nations who are so completely blinded as to ignore His repeated warnings that our enemies will be brought against us - HIS ISRAEL.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27085733

iamwith
There's nothing like Miami's heat....
...Padre Island, TX does beat it!
Frater

User ID: 1193197
United States
11/08/2012 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good, we need more cultural diversity and the Bhagavad Gita is an awesome book that teaches about the incredible greatness of God and shows us examples to help us learn to really Love God and be devoted to Him. Orthodox Hinduism IS monotheistic.

The battlefield of Kuruksetra (I probably didn't spell that right), just awesome.

Krsna Consciousness is awesome and my favorite religion but still has the pitfall of Dogma. Too bad, it's almost perfect otherwise.

For all of you out there who have open minds, they have a Sunday Feast which is literally out of this world. Just beware the Dogma, don't get trapped but other than that their mostly harmless and the food and concepts are just awesome!

Best Wishes

Last Edited by Frater Deplorable on 11/08/2012 01:56 PM
LVX!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27316388
United Kingdom
11/08/2012 01:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, well that was just, like, His Opinion, man!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23223519
United States
11/08/2012 01:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

+1

Truth is absolute.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27316880
India
11/08/2012 01:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hinduism is all about caste system and other primitive beliefs. You westerners have no clue. Spend time reading Hindu scripture once.

"One day when the sage Atri was performing asceticism with his wife Anasuya, Brahma, Visnu and Siva came to him and offered him a boon. When Atri continued to meditate, the three gods went to Anasuya; Siva had his linga in his hand, Visnu was full of erotic feeling, and Brahma, beside himself with desire, said, 'Make love to me or I will die.' When she heard this coarse speech,Anasuya made no reply, for, although she feared the anger of the gods, she was true to her husband. But the three gods were overcome by delusion, and they raped her by force. Then she became angry, and she cursed Siva to be worshipped as a linga, Brahma to be worshipped as a head, and Visnu to be worshipped as feet, in order to ridicule them all, and she cursed them all to be reborn as her sons. Because of this, Siva was born as urvasas." --

Bhavisya Purana 3:4:17:67-78. [O'Flaherty, Wendy D. The Origins of Evil in Hindu
Mythology. Pub.: University of California Press. ISBN 0-520-04098-8. pp.302-303].

GLP