Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,152 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 411,157
Pageviews Today: 655,586Threads Today: 227Posts Today: 3,325
08:09 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Oh Mr Darwin..... why didn't all animals go extinct during the millions years it took evolution to NON-intelligently design umbilical cords?

DGN
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 27263101
United States
11/08/2012 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Oh Mr Darwin..... why didn't all animals go extinct during the millions years it took evolution to NON-intelligently design umbilical cords?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27309333
Germany
11/08/2012 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Oh Mr Darwin..... why didn't all animals go extinct during the millions years it took evolution to NON-intelligently design umbilical cords?
what America needs a in 2016 is a Pancho Villa to not go extinct!
DGN  (OP)

User ID: 27386144
United States
11/09/2012 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Oh Mr Darwin..... why didn't all animals go extinct during the millions years it took evolution to NON-intelligently design umbilical cords?
what America needs a in 2016 is a Pancho Villa to not go extinct!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27309333

Wouldn't be enough;
"“Also, there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and [its] agitation, 26 while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 But as these things start to occur, raise yourselves erect and lift YOUR heads up, because YOUR deliverance is getting near.” Lk21:25
AllGunsBlazing

User ID: 26221473
United States
11/15/2012 09:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
You had your answer three months ago, but you refused to read it until someone condensed it into two paragraphs. Or possibly they could've put it in chapters and verses?

Thread: Strange how embryos survived a million years before the evolution created umbilical cords right Mr Darwin?

Try reading a book other than the Bible
DGN  (OP)

User ID: 27775808
United States
11/15/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
You had your answer three months ago, but you refused to read it until someone condensed it into two paragraphs. Or possibly they could've put it in chapters and verses?

Thread: Strange how embryos survived a million years before the evolution created umbilical cords right Mr Darwin?

Quoting: AllGunsBlazing

Can you be more scientifically specific, I figure the first embryo would have died with no cord and could never reproduce. Evolution isn't even a theory it's just a sy/fy joke on the simple.

Last Edited by DGN on 11/15/2012 11:01 AM
AllGunsBlazing

United States
11/15/2012 11:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

Can you be more scientifically specific, I figure the first embryo would have died with no cord and could never reproduce. Evolution isn't even a theory it's just a sy/fy joke on the simple.
 Quoting: DGN

The remnant yolk sacs of eggs evolved into the umbilical cord. It was much safer to have your fetus growing inside you than to have to lay eggs which proved as an evolutionary advantage for mammals and marsupials.

So basically, the eggs starting growing inside animals, which was advantageous. What was the yolk and other parts that are present in eggs, are still present in human embryos as well. Our early development is strikingly similar to reptiles' early development.
chauchat

User ID: 10858311
United States
11/15/2012 12:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

I went looking for the 2 paragraphs, all excited, but didn't find them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23022509
United States
11/15/2012 12:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

You people can be so stupid.

The fetus didn't just APPEAR it came to pass over a very long evolution cycle that ended up working like it does now.

You people must have the IQ of a frog.
AllGunsBlazing

United States
11/15/2012 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: chauchat

No, this is the post I'm referring to. I apologize, he only wanted one paragraph.

Thread: Strange how embryos survived a million years before the evolution created umbilical cords right Mr Darwin? (Page 2)

Last Edited by AllGunsBlazing on 11/15/2012 12:13 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25595289
United States
11/15/2012 12:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

THIS!!!...lol....what can you do with dark age thinkers?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27809601
United Kingdom
11/15/2012 12:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
DGN aka Dillons Digital Network runs a website about his beliefs.

Go have a look at it, the production values have to be seen to be believed.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25595289
United States
11/15/2012 12:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

So you trade logic, science and study for mindless, blind faith? Well then....your clearly not looking for answers...your looking for someone to tell you your going to heaven.
chauchat

United States
11/15/2012 12:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

The remnant yolk sacs of eggs evolved into the umbilical cord. It was much safer to have your fetus growing inside you than to have to lay eggs which proved as an evolutionary advantage for mammals and marsupials.

So basically, the eggs starting growing inside animals, which was advantageous. What was the yolk and other parts that are present in eggs, are still present in human embryos as well. Our early development is strikingly similar to reptiles' early development.

"Our early development is strikingly similar to reptiles' early development."
Are you referring to this?- [link to www.hoaxofdodos.com] Haeckle's drawings showing all those embryos were long proven an invention, but apparently still appearing in textbooks.
[this site was first google result. I haven't read, nor can I vouch for whatever else may be on the site, but it looks interesting, so I probably will read more.]
AllGunsBlazing

United States
11/15/2012 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

"Our early development is strikingly similar to reptiles' early development."
Are you referring to this?- [link to www.hoaxofdodos.com] Haeckle's drawings showing all those embryos were long proven an invention, but apparently still appearing in textbooks.
[this site was first google result. I haven't read, nor can I vouch for whatever else may be on the site, but it looks interesting, so I probably will read more.]

No, I'm referring to this:

[link to youtu.be]

Edit for typo

Last Edited by AllGunsBlazing on 11/15/2012 12:58 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27711550
United States
11/15/2012 01:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Eat SHIT, Mr. Darwin!
chauchat

United States
11/15/2012 01:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

No, this is the post I'm referring to. I apologize, he only wanted one paragraph.

Thread: Strange how embryos survived a million years before the evolution created umbilical cords right Mr Darwin? (Page 2)

This is the paragraph?

Says "slowly becoming what God is or was is stupid". [< this is supposed to be paraphrasing DGN]
But this idea seems like pure speculation. [link to www.designinference.com]
I've posted links to this article before, but I think it deserves at least one more. I find it very enlightening. I guess based on the observation that all matter has liquid, solid, and gas phases [?], and reasoning that the gas phase is the most 'value added' one [?], alchemists speculated that everything, including humans is 'evolving' or 'becoming god' [spirit]. [Talk about 'mad scientists'!]
But I don't think we actually see for instance ,humans evolving [or"ascending the stairway to heaven"] at all. Just the opposite, really.

That link went dead. let's see how long this one lasts. [link to docs.google.com (secure)]
A search yields multiple results of huffing and puffing about Dembski's article , but no article!

Last Edited by chauchat on 11/17/2012 08:04 AM
AllGunsBlazing

United States
11/15/2012 01:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

This is the paragraph?

Says "slowly becoming what God is or was is stupid". [< this is supposed to be paraphrasing DGN]
But this idea seems like pure speculation. [link to www.designinference.com]
I've posted links to this article before, but I think it deserves at least one more. I find it very enlightening. I guess based on the observation that all matter has liquid, solid, and gas phases [?], and reasoning that the gas phase is the most 'value added' one [?], alchemists speculated that everything, including humans is 'evolving' or 'becoming god' [spirit]. [Talk about 'mad scientists'!]
But I don't think we actually see for instance ,humans evolving [or"ascending the stairway to heaven"] at all. Just the opposite, really.

You're misunderstanding me. I said the OP started this same thread three weeks ago, and when people offered reasoned, thought-out explanations, the OP met those posts with basically a "TLDR; shorten it to one paragraph and I will read it" response. If he's not willing to read more than one paragraph, then he's being willfully ignorant. Which is why I suggested someone write a response in Chapters and Verses. It seems he's willing to read that.

Last Edited by AllGunsBlazing on 11/15/2012 01:15 PM
AllGunsBlazing

United States
11/15/2012 01:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
sorry, double post

Last Edited by AllGunsBlazing on 11/15/2012 01:15 PM
Psych

User ID: 903456
Netherlands
11/15/2012 01:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
nogoduphere
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1273864
United States
11/15/2012 01:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
feedtroll
Kharnifex

User ID: 2249513
United States
11/15/2012 01:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
And the correct answer is!

EGGS!

you inbred hillbilly's need science soo bad.
I color the world in the hues of my Madness!

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom...for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough.
G. House

User ID: 788589
United States
11/15/2012 01:52 PM

Report Abusive Post

Darwin DIED quite a few years back...

yet YOU continue to post inane titled threads.

Not much of an argument when the person attacked can't fight back.
"Everybody lies."
chauchat

United States
11/15/2012 02:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

So you trade logic, science and study for mindless, blind faith? Well then....your clearly not looking for answers...your looking for someone to tell you your going to heaven.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25595289

Please forgive me if this is an overreaction, because I've been watching videos of Christopher Hitchens and Bart Ehrman [each debating Dinesh D'Souza], and they both make the same kind of assumptions about believers in the Bible as truth and people whose God is the god of the Bible.
DGN hopes to live on earth with as many of you as will accept God's invitation, and help realize our creator's original purpose: for the whole earth to become a paradise- "satisfying the desire of every living thing". Rather than "not looking for answers",i'm guessing he's more like absolutely in love with the truth.

Maybe I'm 'projecting' too much my own thoughts onto DGN. But 'projecting' was exactly what I thought when I heard the 2 mentioned above talk about the "childish" hopes of the believer, as vs. themselves. I wondered if they were so impatient and angry actually with their own childhood selves ,embarrassed to have ever hoped for anything better than the suffering and injustice they see all around them. Children can be smarter about some things than most adults.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11400595
Poland
11/15/2012 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
All the crap you post on these forums can be answered with 1 simple google search, You make your religion look even more ridiculous all the time...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 379793
Czechia
11/15/2012 02:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
do you talk to dead people often ?
chauchat

United States
11/15/2012 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
All the crap you post on these forums can be answered with 1 simple google search, You make your religion look even more ridiculous all the time...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11400595

The religion of evolution ? Yes I hope I've helped demonstrate that even google can still produce answers , though maybe less all the time.
There are a couple of subjects though... Well,on second thought- best keep my mouth shut 'bout those!
"If you want to know who rules over you in society, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." Voltaire.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21689021
United Kingdom
11/15/2012 03:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why didnt they go extinct after the flood when there was nothing to eat or drink?
AllGunsBlazing

United States
11/15/2012 03:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

"If you want to know who rules over you in society, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." Voltaire.

Exactly, which are creationists or religion in general.

Science says prove me wrong and is open to change.
Religion says this is it, it can't change, and is blind to evidence.
chauchat

United States
11/15/2012 03:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh I disagree completely. If you are fair-minded at all, look on glp and see who is criticized the most. Many accuse believers in the creator of being fantasy-prone , and purely imagine that they themselves are 'terribly brave' to do so.

As for your second paragraph, if you substitute for the word "Science" ,"Any believer in the true God", and then for the word"Religion", kindly substitute "So called science".
Fixed it for ya.
Meggarea

User ID: 1585244
United States
11/15/2012 03:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
What makes me giggle to myself is the knowledge that as soon as we prove we were intelligently designed, it will also disprove the existence of God. When we find out who or what really created us, it will destroy the religions of the world. I can't wait for that day.

[link to rense.com]
AllGunsBlazing

United States
11/15/2012 03:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh I disagree completely. If you are fair-minded at all, look on glp and see who is criticized the most. Many accuse believers in the creator of being fantasy-prone , and purely imagine that they themselves are 'terribly brave' to do so.

As for your second paragraph, if you substitute for the word "Science" ,"Any believer in the true God", and then for the word"Religion", kindly substitute "So called science".
Fixed it for ya.

How many scientists are banging down church doors and telling pastors and priests they have to teach the Big Bang Theory or evolution?

How many Christians are banging down school doors and telling science teachers they have to teach creationism?

Edit: GLP is hardly a fair comparison to the real world.

Last Edited by AllGunsBlazing on 11/15/2012 03:41 PM

GLP