Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,190 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 698,555
Pageviews Today: 1,141,740Threads Today: 462Posts Today: 7,706
11:49 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Baby Boy Due 12-12-12 Help us find a middle name???

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27388295
Sweden
11/09/2012 06:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Baby Boy Due 12-12-12 Help us find a middle name???
TPTB?
Moran?
BOB as in Bug Out Bag?
Trinity's little helper?
GLP-Posterchild?
Agenda 21?
green_girl

User ID: 23919169
Canada
11/09/2012 06:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Names should mean something. What the hell does Lanther mean?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6604035

THATS THE POINT.

All our names have a meaning, which in a sense we are preprogrammed to believe that is what we are to live up to.

BECAUSE it has no meaning, he can be his OWN individual and write the pages in his own book of life.

I personally like the idea the name Lanther is not found ANYWHERE. To my husband and my self, that is definately a one of a kind. And we want him to grow and be HIS own man, independant, self assured, self empowered, etc. We have only found the name in one other place that some guy here in u.s. is using.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22736531

Dont google much, do you, lol. There is a dog named lanther, has his own website, lanther.com. I guess by your logic if you name him lanther he will grow up to be a dog??
:malefav:
I love this place!!
scorpio66

User ID: 2453057
United States
Report Abusive Post
Lanther? Did you guys just make that name up?
 Quoting: fleshette

No it's been my husbands name for many years regarding online games, etc. I knew being this my last child and son that would be his first name. And regarding getting beat up, doubt it. He will be at least 6'6 as my husband and other son's are as well. And we do well at holding our own when needed.

no one is 6'6 in grade one. He will get beat up, or at the very least teased quite badly. Even being a mild mannered adult, if someone told me their name was Lanther I would have trouble not snickering. Unless you are a celebrity you just can't get away with it, and you will spend the rest of your lives dealing with embarrassed silence whenever he is introduced. But you don;t care, as long as you get to proudly proclaim how unique you are. If the word has meaning to you guys, why not make that his middle name, and give him something a bit more elegant for a first name? Not saying you should call him John, but Lanther? It is unpleasant to say, literally. Not pleasant or appealing. This poor boy is going to be putting that on his resume in twenty years. Betting he won't get a lot of calls. I reckon when he hits that phase in life he will just change it anyway.
 Quoting: green_girl

as a weirdly first-named girl, i have to agree with this 110%. i have endured spelling my name a million times, having people say 'what is it?' and then smirk or actually even say something crass. i am convinced it has cost me jobs and made people think i'm weird in general. it's not like i picked it!

please, reconsider. i really do still hate my parents for it, so much so that i use my initials instead and do everything in my power to hide my loathed first name. please don't. please don't.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26919383
United States
Report Abusive Post
Dozen
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24909641
Australia
11/09/2012 06:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Have a baby due on 12-12-12. Hopefully he will come that day by c-section.

Also joked with the doctor would be even awesome if he was born at 12:12am/pm. We joke he is truly our conspiracy baby.

We will call him Lanther as there is no name anywhere we have found with that name.

We are struggling with a Middle name and would love to hear any suggestions.

We want an unusual name that will be his OWN.

A name noone has.

GLP People are very creative with their "words" LOL so we thought it'd be fun to see what you all could suggest.

Thanks to all who take this seriously.

Poor kid
green_girl

Canada
11/09/2012 06:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Names should mean something. What the hell does Lanther mean?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6604035

THATS THE POINT.

All our names have a meaning, which in a sense we are preprogrammed to believe that is what we are to live up to.

BECAUSE it has no meaning, he can be his OWN individual and write the pages in his own book of life.

I personally like the idea the name Lanther is not found ANYWHERE. To my husband and my self, that is definately a one of a kind. And we want him to grow and be HIS own man, independant, self assured, self empowered, etc. We have only found the name in one other place that some guy here in u.s. is using.

You people who give weird and sucky names to your offspring make me sick!

yak

It's all about YOU, isn't it, you fucking ego-tard?

Never mind the hell that your kid will go through in school, and after, being mocked and derided for his/her weird name that you made up to satisfy your need to be a douche!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18936504

And what by chance is YOUR name?

Bet it isnt LANTHEr
I love this place!!
Anonymous Coward
Sweden
11/09/2012 06:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
JimBobMuhammad?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24289757
United States
11/09/2012 06:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ginsing

Also joked with the doctor would be even awesome if he was born at 12:12am/pm. We joke he is truly our conspiracy baby.

We will call him Lanther as there is no name anywhere we have found with that name.

A name noone has.

GLP People are very creative with their "words" LOL so we thought it'd be fun to see what you all could suggest.

Doomamatrix

User ID: 18561533
United States
11/09/2012 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Doom
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21108668

That's my pick. DOOM or DOOMINQUE would be good.
Obamacare: Never has so much been taken away from so many for so few.
green_girl

Canada
11/09/2012 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
meh, gamers. With poor priorities too. I would suggest not naming him Lanther for the simple fact that after you are divorced you wont have to put up with your ex's stupid gamer handle for the rest of your life. Tell him to shove his gamenames.
I love this place!!
Doomamatrix

User ID: 18561533
United States
11/09/2012 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
I say that GLP adopt the kid as a mascot too. Triple DOOMER baby !
Obamacare: Never has so much been taken away from so many for so few.
fleshette

User ID: 18282761
Canada
11/09/2012 06:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
as a weirdly first-named girl, i have to agree with this 110%. i have endured spelling my name a million times, having people say 'what is it?' and then smirk or actually even say something crass. i am convinced it has cost me jobs and made people think i'm weird in general. it's not like i picked it!

please, reconsider. i really do still hate my parents for it, so much so that i use my initials instead and do everything in my power to hide my loathed first name. please don't. please don't.
 Quoting: scorpio66

I feel for you. I have a common girl's name that is spelled uncommonly. I get that my parents thought I was a special snowflake and everything, but after having to correct people's pronunciation for the thousandth time it really makes you think about what you will name your kids. If you have a boring name like Jake or Molly maybe you can't empathise with how annoying it is.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1106916
United States
11/09/2012 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

I love the fact that you're having a little boy. But, if I'm being honest, I strongly dislike the name you've picked.

I see alot of teasing, explaining and trying to cope with that name for the child.

It sounds like a mispronounced word by someone with a bad lisp.

I hope you'll reconsider your choice for the boy's sake.

Pick a strong unusual name, but a real name.

Sorry.....I had to say it. Not trying to hurt your feelings.

hf
fleshette

User ID: 18282761
Canada
11/09/2012 06:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
meh, gamers. With poor priorities too. I would suggest not naming him Lanther for the simple fact that after you are divorced you wont have to put up with your ex's stupid gamer handle for the rest of your life. Tell him to shove his gamenames.

You have so much common sense it hurts.

But maybe a childhood of brutal bullying will make little Lanther the "anti-NWO warrior" his parents have destined him to be.
green_girl

Canada
11/09/2012 06:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

I feel for you. I have a common girl's name that is spelled uncommonly. I get that my parents thought I was a special snowflake and everything, but after having to correct people's pronunciation for the thousandth time it really makes you think about what you will name your kids. If you have a boring name like Jake or Molly maybe you can't empathise with how annoying it is.

Same here, ordinary name, dumb spelling. Hate it. But at least it wasn't Lanther.
I love this place!!
nobody
User ID: 362179
United States
11/09/2012 06:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
noah
Anonymous Coward
Sweden
Report Abusive Post
Lanther FEMA-Camper? It even rhymes.
Lanther Ebonics?
Lyonswife

User ID: 1582687
United States
Report Abusive Post
Mayan
Lyonswife
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1106916
United States
Report Abusive Post
Lanther? Did you guys just make that name up?

No it's been my husbands name for many years regarding online games, etc. I knew being this my last child and son that would be his first name. And regarding getting beat up, doubt it. He will be at least 6'6 as my husband and other son's are as well. And we do well at holding our own when needed.

no one is 6'6 in grade one. He will get beat up, or at the very least teased quite badly. Even being a mild mannered adult, if someone told me their name was Lanther I would have trouble not snickering. Unless you are a celebrity you just can't get away with it, and you will spend the rest of your lives dealing with embarrassed silence whenever he is introduced. But you don;t care, as long as you get to proudly proclaim how unique you are. If the word has meaning to you guys, why not make that his middle name, and give him something a bit more elegant for a first name? Not saying you should call him John, but Lanther? It is unpleasant to say, literally. Not pleasant or appealing. This poor boy is going to be putting that on his resume in twenty years. Betting he won't get a lot of calls. I reckon when he hits that phase in life he will just change it anyway.

I have to agree, it's an awful sounding name. Doesn't even roll off the tongue nicely, like a name should. It sounds awkward and unpleasant, like you said.
scorpio66

User ID: 2453057
United States
11/09/2012 06:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
please consider how you are having to defend this odd name here, just on a message board, and imagine your child having to defend it and explain it and be ridiculed for it in his real life every day.
Blue Skies

User ID: 19168576
United States
11/09/2012 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lanther is good. I like it! Founder reminds me too much of Star Trek Deep Space Nine.
 Quoting: Cult of Personality

I didn't know about the star trek thing......I was thinking our founding fathers. lol
:kitten on fence:
Anonymous Coward
Sweden
11/09/2012 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lanther Hardcore
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1336841
United States
11/09/2012 06:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anatole
Blue Skies

User ID: 19168576
United States
11/09/2012 06:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP......I like the name Lanther :)
:kitten on fence:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26722864
Canada
11/09/2012 06:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
thumbs

Myrick

thumbs
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1487421
United States
11/09/2012 06:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

A name noone has.

What about "twelve"?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12574507
Chile
11/09/2012 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Doom
BusterCapinYoAss

User ID: 3513383
United Kingdom
11/09/2012 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Baldrick?
If you believe this bool you're crazy. If you don't believe this bool, you're crazy!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 22736531
United States
11/09/2012 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
please consider how you are having to defend this odd name here, just on a message board, and imagine your child having to defend it and explain it and be ridiculed for it in his real life every day.

I am not defending it, just explaining our take on it. also my husband belongs to mensa. So this child as our other kids are highly intelligent.

The phrase that comes to mind. "You can please some of the people some of the time. But you can't please all of the people all of the time."

Anyhow, thank you to those offering suggestions for NAMES. And yes I love Lanther the black lab.

But hope to hear more names. Again thanks.
BusterCapinYoAss

User ID: 3513383
United Kingdom
11/09/2012 06:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ghetto names not good enough for you?
ohno
If you believe this bool you're crazy. If you don't believe this bool, you're crazy!

GLP