FlashMob
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 12260220
United States
11/11/2012 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Sleep Paralysis and what it means?
I experience this on a nightly basis and do not have narcolepsy. Has anyone else dealt with this? What did you see and were you scared?
You may fool me once. But twice is unlikely
lightchild_uk
Waiting for IT

User ID: 27150496
United Kingdom
11/11/2012 06:19 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: Sleep Paralysis and what it means?
Try wiggling your little finger, this can often break it.

If not try and stay calm.

Does anything else happen, strange smells or noises?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5377447
United States
11/11/2012 06:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's not uncommon. Happened to me several times; sometimes where I saw/heard weird things, sometimes just normal.

I've heard stress can be a trigger.
yI

User ID: 13090071
United States
11/11/2012 06:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
I try moving my head and it snaps me out of it.
NO WAY
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27543985
Mexico
11/11/2012 06:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
there is a shadow being(archon parasite) make in contact with you soul, dont let it in you!

pray a father lord! its works inclusive if you dont have a faith!
FlashMob  (OP)

United States
11/11/2012 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: lightchild_uk

The only thing that frightens me is the extremely loud ringing in my ears throughout the episode. I see alot of weird shit but never get frightened. I control my breathing and try to take in the sights. I believe in the supernatural and want to believe it has something to do with the 4th dimension and have done alot of research to prove so but nothing so far.
FlashMob  (OP)

United States
11/11/2012 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's not uncommon. Happened to me several times; sometimes where I saw/heard weird things, sometimes just normal.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5377447

try not to let stress get me but could be a part of it

Last Edited by FlashMob on 11/11/2012 06:59 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18894455
United States
11/11/2012 06:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I get sleep paralysis but not on a normal basis. You can use your sp to induce out of body experiences. Just don't get spooked when it happens. Allow it and don't be scared after about 30 seconds you'll be able to leave your body. I have done this many times and I look forward to the times it does happen.

You are a fortunate one.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26556879
United Kingdom
11/11/2012 06:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
relax and you should start astral projecting/OBE. it wont work if you try to move your physical body.

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9506273
United States
11/11/2012 07:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
do you work third shift. the reason I ask is because many years ago i worked third shift and had sleep paralysis several times a week. then a few years ago i worked third shft and had it almost every day. since i quit working third shift, i don't have it any more. ihope i never work night shift again.
FlashMob  (OP)

United States
11/11/2012 07:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

No smells, Really loud ringing and at one point I was afraid of the ringing but now I just let it run its course. I often see myself out of my body either hovering above myself or I'm looking 3rd person down at myself. Whats weird is I know I'm awake but not only can I think in my own mind, I can in my projected self also.
FlashMob  (OP)

United States
11/11/2012 07:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
do you work third shift. the reason I ask is because many years ago i worked third shift and had sleep paralysis several times a week. then a few years ago i worked third shft and had it almost every day. since i quit working third shift, i don't have it any more. ihope i never work night shift again.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9506273

I work 12 hour days and fall asleep at around 11 12 at night. Back up at 5 doing the same again.
FlashMob  (OP)

United States
11/11/2012 07:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you think this could be a sign of the 4th dimension?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/11/2012 07:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think you need more sleep. also, do you sleep on your back? It happens the most if you sleep on your back.

One way i got it to stop happening so much was to leave the tv on while i slept. i don't know why but it started happening a lot less when the tv was on.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27488551
United States
11/11/2012 07:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Have your thyroid checked. Been there done that.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/11/2012 07:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
thyroid? really? how is it related?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13137091
Germany
11/11/2012 07:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Periodically it happens to me.
Usually, I become aware I'm sleeping but am awake.
Can't breathe! No control over my physical body and no matter how hard I try to will myself to either wake up or move a limb or finger it just doesn't happen. I can feel myself not getting enough air and it freaks me out.
I can usually hear myself breathing/snoring but can't snap out of it.
Always only when I am on my back. I make a habit to never sleep on my back but every now and again I become consciously aware while my body stays sleeping and for the life of me I can't even move a finger.
Last time, I was barely snoring because my mouth/lips were mostly closed and I wasn't getting enough air. I was well aware of this while I sleep but can't seem to do anything about it...somehow I haven't died from it ...yet.
FlashMob  (OP)

United States
11/11/2012 08:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think you need more sleep. also, do you sleep on your back? It happens the most if you sleep on your back.

One way i got it to stop happening so much was to leave the tv on while i slept. i don't know why but it started happening a lot less when the tv was on.

On my back and tv is ALWAYS on. Doesnt bother me but after doing some reading I have learned that most people are frightened by the experience. I myself try and induce it, I dont have a problem facing my fears, tho I try and keep in mind that none of what I perceive is real. or is it? in a higher dimension.
FlashMob  (OP)

United States
11/11/2012 08:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Its more the sequence of events that has lead me to ask this question. For the longest time I have been able to sense when someone is around or about to call me. Ill be thinking about one thing and immediately switch my train of thought to a certain person and at that moment my phone will ring or Ill receive a text. Or Ill say something someone tells me they were just thinking. This happens on a daily basis too. Any link between the 2?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22981178
United States
11/26/2012 02:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

No smells, Really loud ringing and at one point I was afraid of the ringing but now I just let it run its course. I often see myself out of my body either hovering above myself or I'm looking 3rd person down at myself. Whats weird is I know I'm awake but not only can I think in my own mind, I can in my projected self also.
 Quoting: FlashMob

FlashMob, it happens because your body is extremely tired, and heat is a factor. If the room is hot you will have a spontaneous out of body.
You should expierement with it. Its the door to out of body expiernces. Their is a book by Rick Staack- 30 days to out of body expierences. That book led me to my 1st out of body and 12 yrs later still at it. I also see parallel dimensions. It is very interesting.
I have tried so hard to have an obe that when i actually got out i was in my old house. Its very very interesting.
Everyone does not have Sleep Paralysis.
If you dont want an Obe turn on a fan in fron of you when u sleep that will stop all sleep paralysis.
If you have any questions, just ask.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1326993
United States
11/26/2012 02:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
You can induce this purposefully with little to no effort.

Go to bed a bit later than you normally would.

Set your alarm for very, very early (compared to when you would normally awaken).

Do your best to stay "half-a-sleep" and turn on a semi-bright light. Also, turn on a fan - or turn the one you have on to the highest setting.

Go back to sleep. You will have very vivid dreams.

If you want to push it, you can always set other alarms about 45 mins. later, wake up just enough to kill the alarm, and go back to sleep.

Sleep paralysis is simply your body's way of not harming yourself while dreaming that you are using your body. It comes in quite handy when you are dreaming of jumping out a window or that you are going to the bathroom.

It is a completely normal dream state based phenomenon.
Stanfiem

User ID: 25760054
United States
11/26/2012 02:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
I experience this on a nightly basis and do not have narcolepsy. Has anyone else dealt with this? What did you see and were you scared?

I had the weirdest experience while in highschool.

I was supposed to go to the doctor so I got to sleep in from school Well I awoke and was able to turn my head to look at the clock. It said 9:34 (most other times I can not move) I then heard someone moving in my kitchen and then a voice from behind my bed. It freaked me out and I decided that I needed to tell my doctor that I was going crazy when I went. I then tried to jump up and leave but was not able to. I then moved my fingers like the poster above said and I awoke. The weirdest part is I looked at the time and it was actually 9:34

Then about a year ago I started getting them almost every night. When dozing off to sleep I would get a very high pitched electronic sound in my head and i was able to feel it throughout my head. This was always accompanied by very eerie feelings and me being hesitant to allow myself to fall asleep. I knew these thoughts were irrational but they would always surface. sleep paralysis always accompanied these thoughts experiences but I would feel 'things' around me, or a presence of something not right. I am not making this up either. It is not something I fear just very curious. Regardless it is never a pleasant feeling.

Last Edited by Stanfiem on 11/26/2012 02:56 AM
Stanfiem
Manu-Koelbren

User ID: 28195120
Spain
11/26/2012 02:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
I try moving my head and it snaps me out of it.
 Quoting: yI

How can you move your head if you appear to have no neck?
1dunno1

Anyway if you have the sleep paralysis don't get scared, just relax yourself and it will go away. Sometimes you may experience strange stuff but you should just overcome the fear. I've had some weird experiences and it scared me at first but then I overcame it and it never happened again.
Banned as usual.

“It is far easier to be a weakling than to be a Real Man. Were the Earth less harsh or the circumstances of life less austere, man would destroy himself before the shrine of the languid goddess. Only Real Men can with safety destroy the tangled forests and wilderness of Earth and make from them gardens, but will those who inherit the gardens be Real Men? The law decrees that they must be, or the wilderness will reclaim its own.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28378701
Australia
11/26/2012 02:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5377447

This must be why ive had it all my life cruise
Stanfiem

User ID: 25760054
United States
11/26/2012 02:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

On my back and tv is ALWAYS on. Doesnt bother me but after doing some reading I have learned that most people are frightened by the experience. I myself try and induce it, I dont have a problem facing my fears, tho I try and keep in mind that none of what I perceive is real. or is it? in a higher dimension.

If I were a betting man I would say very real just not in our own 'reality' I am no expert just what I have gatherd from my experiences.
Stanfiem
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28269905
United States
11/26/2012 03:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
means you are being ass rapped by aliens
Manu-Koelbren

User ID: 28195120
Spain
11/26/2012 03:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Some folks say it's the initial stage of lucid dreaming.
Banned as usual.

“It is far easier to be a weakling than to be a Real Man. Were the Earth less harsh or the circumstances of life less austere, man would destroy himself before the shrine of the languid goddess. Only Real Men can with safety destroy the tangled forests and wilderness of Earth and make from them gardens, but will those who inherit the gardens be Real Men? The law decrees that they must be, or the wilderness will reclaim its own.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26144068
United States
11/26/2012 04:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've had sleep paralysis once or three times a week much of my life and have become somewhat of a veteran for the phenomenon.

When I was younger my friends and I experienced the state mostly accompanied by the the specter of a shadowy figure observing us sleep. My friends and I referred to these shadow figures as the 'Mara'.

Normally I would awaken to sleep paralysis around the hour of 3AM and usually always after a particularly nasty nightmare. Despite this pattern continuing most of my life the sight of the shadow figures has been inconstant and it's been years since I've last witnessed these entities at my bedside...however!

About I year ago my sleep patterns became highly irregular and I was laying down to nap in the early morning. Shortly after taking to bed I entered into sleep paralysis(despite not even having fallen asleep yet). Immediately I began to hear a unusual buzzing in my head similar to that of a static television or insect flying. Quickly the sound was escalating in my head and I intuitively felt that something awaited my at the other end of it. Right then, and I kid you not, clear as day, a demon like voice spoke out my name saying "Hello". Now at this point I was panicking to escape my paralysis as another voice(there were two distinctly) began to speak. It mentioned something about how much it despised me and that I would shortly die.

I have no history of mental illness and I have never heard these voices outside sleep paralysis. Just to note it.

Over these last two years I have heard a number of voices through sleep paralysis, and even carried on some sparse conversations(these beings can hear your thoughts). Most of these experiences have been with what sounded like demons honestly. On a smaller number of occasions I have heard what sounded like depressed and pitiful human beings or strange animals. Once a acquaintance of mine spoke to me only two hours after committing suicide through sleep paralysis. I hadn't even learned they were dead yet.

In just one instance I heard the voice of what sounded like an angel. Once in a particularly nasty sleep paralysis episode I mentally called upon "God" to save me. Suddenly a feminine voice released me from the state asking, "who was I calling?". Since then I have always been careful to name the God I'm praying to in response to that question.

It is true that the state can be used as a launching pad into lucid dreaming or astral projection, but this is not necessarily easily achieved. That is however, only if you can tolerate the experience of being indisposed among howling noises, shadow people and demonic voices.

Want to experience sleep paralysis? Here's my guidelines on how:

1. Stay up until three in the morning and then awake at six. Remain awake for two hours and then return to bed.
2. Take a small quantity of vitamin D3 before sleeping(in the morning).
3. Supplement with a dream enhancing herb like Wormwood or even Melatonin.
Krix

User ID: 7462013
United Kingdom
11/26/2012 04:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've had sleep paralysis once or three times a week much of my life and have become somewhat of a veteran for the phenomenon.

When I was younger my friends and I experienced the state mostly accompanied by the the specter of a shadowy figure observing us sleep. My friends and I referred to these shadow figures as the 'Mara'.

Normally I would awaken to sleep paralysis around the hour of 3AM and usually always after a particularly nasty nightmare. Despite this pattern continuing most of my life the sight of the shadow figures has been inconstant and it's been years since I've last witnessed these entities at my bedside...however!

About I year ago my sleep patterns became highly irregular and I was laying down to nap in the early morning. Shortly after taking to bed I entered into sleep paralysis(despite not even having fallen asleep yet). Immediately I began to hear a unusual buzzing in my head similar to that of a static television or insect flying. Quickly the sound was escalating in my head and I intuitively felt that something awaited my at the other end of it. Right then, and I kid you not, clear as day, a demon like voice spoke out my name saying "Hello". Now at this point I was panicking to escape my paralysis as another voice(there were two distinctly) began to speak. It mentioned something about how much it despised me and that I would shortly die.

I have no history of mental illness and I have never heard these voices outside sleep paralysis. Just to note it.

Over these last two years I have heard a number of voices through sleep paralysis, and even carried on some sparse conversations(these beings can hear your thoughts). Most of these experiences have been with what sounded like demons honestly. On a smaller number of occasions I have heard what sounded like depressed and pitiful human beings or strange animals. Once a acquaintance of mine spoke to me only two hours after committing suicide through sleep paralysis. I hadn't even learned they were dead yet.

In just one instance I heard the voice of what sounded like an angel. Once in a particularly nasty sleep paralysis episode I mentally called upon "God" to save me. Suddenly a feminine voice released me from the state asking, "who was I calling?". Since then I have always been careful to name the God I'm praying to in response to that question.

It is true that the state can be used as a launching pad into lucid dreaming or astral projection, but this is not necessarily easily achieved. That is however, only if you can tolerate the experience of being indisposed among howling noises, shadow people and demonic voices.

Want to experience sleep paralysis? Here's my guidelines on how:

1. Stay up until three in the morning and then awake at six. Remain awake for two hours and then return to bed.
2. Take a small quantity of vitamin D3 before sleeping(in the morning).
3. Supplement with a dream enhancing herb like Wormwood or even Melatonin.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26144068

I had to reply to this because you have had something so similar to what I experienced. I have suffered sleep paralysis twice in my life and both times have felt a spirit holding me down, the first time I was furious and screaming get off me but the second time I was more frightened. The most interesting thing you said though is about the static noise... I had the strangest experience, the nearest I can describe it is when an analogue TV couldn't find a channel and went fuzzy and noisy and grey. I was in this kind of enviroment and there were fuzzy mountains on each side of me, I was frightened and forced myself out of it which I regret now but even after I woke up I could still hear the noise for a short while. Never really told anybody but my Daughter about this so really interesting to see someone has experienced the same sort of thing.hf
Live and let live.
~Spaze*Man~

User ID: 28481642
United States
11/26/2012 04:43 AM

Report Abusive Post
I saw a shadow on the wall before and it danced away when I looked at it. While I was in this half/sleep mode.
I could make out the hands and head. It was freaky looking.
2D flat..
FreyjaFiyr

User ID: 15510116
Australia
11/26/2012 05:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
I saw a shadow on the wall before and it danced away when I looked at it. While I was in this half/sleep mode.
I could make out the hands and head. It was freaky looking.
2D flat..
 Quoting: ~Spaze*Man~

Scary! I used to see that all the time as a kid!
Glad now I see colored lights and much more positive phenomena!
hf

GLP