Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,593 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 96,426
Pageviews Today: 171,353Threads Today: 78Posts Today: 1,240
01:41 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Bro-in law divorcing my sister because she voted Obama! Obamacare could shut him down :(

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4966563
Mauritania
11/12/2012 06:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Bro-in law divorcing my sister because she voted Obama! Obamacare could shut him down :(
Made-up story is still made-up.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27571488
Canada
11/12/2012 06:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Bro-in law divorcing my sister because she voted Obama! Obamacare could shut him down :(
Smart move on his part. She was told before voting that Obamcare would hurt him and his employees and yet she ignored it. If my husband deliberately and knowingly voted to harm a business I had spent years building up I would conclude (rightly)that he didn't care about me. Why stay married to someone who obviously doesn't care about you.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18028121

+1 it's as simple as that.
BobTheDog

User ID: 27582797
United States
11/12/2012 06:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
seems to me HE is well shed of her
 Quoting: enigma116

Exactly. Partners should pull together for a common goal. She either was not interested or did not know what his goals were.
“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it’s profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.” Frank Zappa

“The lies the government and media tell are amplifications of the lies we tell ourselves. To stop being conned, stop conning yourself.”
— James Wolcott
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/12/2012 06:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
LOL the UK couldn't even invade Scotland.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26906873
United States
11/12/2012 06:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
He should ship her to the nearest ghetto so she can celebrate Obunghole with the rest of his supporters. :bad_smile:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24208912
United States
11/12/2012 06:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
quote:Anonymous Coward 27446380:MV8yMDQ4NDI3XzM0NDIxNjUyXzczMzg2MDc2]
Fucking god damn shills.

First, he's exempt on the first 30 employees IF he even has more than 50 workers. You state it will cost him $110,000 in fines. You lie. The total fine would be $67,500 based on 57 workers. A whopping $20 per week per employee.

Second, he's a loser if he has more than 50 employees and is only profiting $2k-$3k per worker.

Third, there's many tax breaks for small businesses that provide health care as any legit CPA would tell you.

Fourth, prices are going up and if he isn't raising prices, then that's his fault for not keeping up with the republican controlled federal reserve monetary policy of destroying the US dollar.

Fifth, no competently-run company that provides a useful service will be going out of business.

Sixth, your story is complete bullshit and full of inaccuracies.

Seventh, I hope a semi crashes into you head on.

I'm still laughing at this story - has Obamacare exposed all the of so-called "business owners" that don't have a CLUE how to run a business?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1405546
United States
11/12/2012 06:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
A prenump.......?

The guy has issues.........fuck him. Who the fuck marries with expectation of a potential divorce?

That is NOT marriage, it is an obamanation of marriage.

Yes, I spelled it Obamanation.

Because this Obama Nation is an Abomination!!!!
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/12/2012 06:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
A prenump.......?

The guy has issues.........fuck him. Who the fuck marries with expectation of a potential divorce?

Quoting: --Voltaic--

SANE RICH PEOPLE??
Lilac.Nights

User ID: 7945782
United States
11/12/2012 06:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Fake story bsflag
...but please continue...goodnews
CrikeyMate
User ID: 26534150
Australia
11/12/2012 06:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
It could only happen in America!!?? An article in my local newspaper here in Australia reads "The US has elected the same guy to run the civilised world after the major parties spent $3 Billion to spin lies and counter-lies on television and use powerful adjectives to tell Americans how great they were.
The re-election of B.O after such a long campaign was met with euphoria by about half the population for about 5 minutes.
THEN THEY WENT BACK TO ATTACKING THE GOVERNMENT OVER DEBT, SPENDING AND THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM." Enough said!!!!!!!!!!!Half the population have memories like a sieve.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27567009
United States
11/12/2012 06:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wow! Talk about a nation divided...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11677814

Indeed and for good reason. There are extreme differences in how people believe the country should be ran. These differences are completely irreconcilable. Trust me when I say that the divide will only widen over the next four years.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23182389
United States
11/12/2012 06:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Told my wife that we'd never visit her sister very much from now on cuz her idiot sister and her husband voted for Obama. We won't know how Obamacare will affect us. One of us may lose job and be forced to move out. Next time i see my libtard brother, I'm gonna kick him in his nuts cuz he voted for Obama too. Stupid people.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23182389
United States
11/12/2012 06:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Fucking god damn shills.

First, he's exempt on the first 30 employees IF he even has more than 50 workers. You state it will cost him $110,000 in fines. You lie. The total fine would be $67,500 based on 57 workers. A whopping $20 per week per employee.

Second, he's a loser if he has more than 50 employees and is only profiting $2k-$3k per worker.

Third, there's many tax breaks for small businesses that provide health care as any legit CPA would tell you.

Fourth, prices are going up and if he isn't raising prices, then that's his fault for not keeping up with the republican controlled federal reserve monetary policy of destroying the US dollar.

Fifth, no competently-run company that provides a useful service will be going out of business.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24208912

I'm still laughing at this story - has Obamacare exposed all the of so-called "business owners" that don't have a CLUE how to run a business?

Funny. It was a democrat that allowed Federal Reserve to be formed in USA...

What a libtard.
Renaissance Woman

User ID: 10737781
United States
11/12/2012 06:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
No thats fucking stupid. So is he going to ask every woman he dates who she voted for?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27562583

Actually, yes. It shows ones fundamental underlying beliefs and understanding of the world. In my opinion, libs do want to help people, but their policy ideas do not take into account human nature and the real world -- so the help actually hurts in the long run. I prefer someone in my life who understands this basic principle and shares my goals for myself specifically and for the rest of my countrymen.
"For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1405546
United States
11/12/2012 06:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
A prenump.......?

Quoting: --Voltaic--

SANE RICH PEOPLE??
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27571488

Really, you are going to tell your life long partner you have a slight fear they may take your money and run?

If the person fears it might be a possibility, DO NOT GET MARRIED YET!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19782831
United States
11/12/2012 07:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
She has a job, she does hair/manicures but she pretty much took that up for the social part of it. She only makes about $30K a year herself and pretty much was happy to live off her husband. That's why I can't understand why she voted in a manner that would hurt her husband's business, even if her one vote didn't affect the outcome. By the way, he's not the kind if guy to demand she do anything. He's angry because he knew that SHE knew how Obamacare would hurt the company, which would not only hurt him and her, but his workers. He's really upset about having to cut people, but he has no choice.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14898437

My guess is she deep down wanted to hurt her husband.... She probably is getting dicked at work by her boss... Think I'm joking??? No I'm not...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27413151
United Kingdom
11/12/2012 07:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
And yeah, people don't know how much it's gonna hurt businesses...

A LOT... AND I MEAN A LOT of businesses are gonna close shop in 2013...

IMO unemployment will be at least 10%+ officially (unless they cook the numbers really hard) at the end of 2013.

Totall bullshit, have you actualy seen the paper, do you own a business ?, all you have been told is the bullshit lies from the oposition.
Glipski

User ID: 10676365
United States
11/12/2012 07:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP, WHAT is he going to do when a client comes in and wants a big job done, and he CAN'T DO IT, because he doesn't HAVE and won't hire enough employees?? THEN word gets around that he's refusing jobs. AND screwing his employees.

He WILL end up going out of business anyway, OR take a BIG cut in 'his share' of the business (profit, OR lack of profit).

So OBVIOUSLY your Brother is a BAD businessman, and doesn't DESERVE to own and run a business of this scale, and should go back to working out of his garage.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6685296

Thanks to Obamacare, that won't be an issue.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27413151
United Kingdom
11/12/2012 07:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
No thats fucking stupid. So is he going to ask every woman he dates who she voted for?

Actually, yes. It shows ones fundamental underlying beliefs and understanding of the world. In my opinion, libs do want to help people, but their policy ideas do not take into account human nature and the real world -- so the help actually hurts in the long run. I prefer someone in my life who understands this basic principle and shares my goals for myself specifically and for the rest of my countrymen.
 Quoting: Renaissance Woman

So you want a subserviant mouse who believes in everything you do, can tell your a woman. The whole point of us being different people is the fact that we are different.

What you seem to want is a planet full of clones that praise you and do as they are told, and then buy you a new pair of shoes each week.
MarkinAZ

User ID: 20006444
United States
11/12/2012 07:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
All of these small business that are bitching about the cost of Obama care should take a long hard look at their own cheapness toward their employees. If they stay in business by denying basic health coverage to most or all of their employees - while of course providing it to themselves and their families - then maybe they should not be in business. Seriously, if the ONLY way you can make it is to force other to suffer and do without - then maybe you should think about what's wrong with your fundamental business model.Most of these businesses that are screaming about the cost of Obama Care are those who've had the owners milking the place dry for years and refusing to meet the market with health coverage for their staff to safe money which of course they put into their own pockets. Ever notice how the owner and his wife always have nice pricey new cars? Or their kids are in private schools. Yet they ask their employees to work less than 30 hours per weeks o they won't have to provide health insurance for them?

Your sister is well lucky to be rid of this bastard! And she should get a good lawyer and make sure she keeps half of the business. She sounds like she's earned it putting up with him!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27301441
United States
11/12/2012 07:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
anon i just learned my son and daughterinlaw voted for ovomita. scream where did i go wrong???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27569543
United States
11/12/2012 07:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
I shudder to think of what he would've done to their Marxist/Anarchist children. Probably something with a wood chipper...
natasha77

User ID: 27090168
United States
11/12/2012 07:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hate to break this news to you, but your brother in law wanted to divorce your sister for a long time, and this is a lame excuse,but he's using it anyway.
SPEAK UP. SILENCE IS DEADLY!

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.
Renaissance Woman

User ID: 10737781
United States
11/12/2012 07:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Renaissance Woman

So you want a subserviant mouse who believes in everything you do, can tell your a woman. The whole point of us being different people is the fact that we are different.

What you seem to want is a planet full of clones that praise you and do as they are told, and then buy you a new pair of shoes each week.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27413151

Not everyone has to agree with me. I just prefer that my spouse and I think alike on basic fundamentals. FYI, yes I am a woman, I am the primary bread winner in our house, I don't own many shoes, my husband supports my business (as I support his), and we are working toward the same goals. We don't agree on everything (how boring that would be), but we share the same underlying principles and are working toward the same goals in life.
"For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light."
Glipski

United States
11/12/2012 07:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Fucking god damn shills.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24208912

1)That's 67,500 out of his pocket, not out of thin air.
2)In the current manufacturing environment in the US, 2-3% is a great profit.
3)Loopholes are being closed to eliminate many such deductions/credits thanks to the government.
4)Here's where you really show your ignorance of manufacturing in this country...prices are indeed going up. The issue everyone faces is customers demanding suppliers drive down costs every single year-5% or more. As an owner you have to make more capital investment in faster machines but since your bottom line is only 3%, you need a loan except the banks aren't loaning money unless you're a minority buying more house than you can afford.So you re-level your workload among fewer workers in order to get the product out the door and keep paying the bills.
5) He never said he's going out of business, just that he had to make adjustments to stay in business. Why don't you go and ask the people that are keeping their jobs there if he's an idiot business owner or if maybe they think he's providing them with employment so they can pay mortgages and buy food.
6 & 7) You voted for Obama.
From the sounds of it, he has several clues on how to adapt his business to current conditions and is doing what's necessary to keep the majority of his employees working...exactly the kind of guy a liberal really hates. Why should he as a business owner make any money, right?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27168536
United States
11/12/2012 07:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
LOL at your made up story.

The time for your lies was before Election Day..

What Republicon think tank is paying you to shill here liar?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23540384

My bs meter was on alert too, although it could be factually correct about the figures.
The rest just doesn't flow as real.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23761243
United States
Report Abusive Post
Whoo boy neo cons are such sore losers this time around.
First firing people for having different political opinions and now even talk of splitting from the union again.
I will personally smack the next neo con in real life in the face that I hear talk about how right wingers are so much more mature and civil that liberals.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27575337

That will be an excellent way to prove their point.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1779676
United States
Report Abusive Post
And yeah, people don't know how much it's gonna hurt businesses...

A LOT... AND I MEAN A LOT of businesses are gonna close shop in 2013...

IMO unemployment will be at least 10%+ officially (unless they cook the numbers really hard) at the end of 2013.

Judging from what I have seen, it will be much higher than that...

I might lose my job too over obamacare.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3796695
United States
11/12/2012 07:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
First of all thank God they don't have kids.

My sister has always been an entitled sort of person, learned that from our parents. They spoiled us. I had the sense to figure out the real world isn't like that.

She married a really good guy who owns a machine shop. He employs 57 people including office staff. He has made plans for a "what if" in case Obama was re-elected, he was pulling for Romney. Obama won and now he's at plan B, and he will have to let 8 people go before the end of the year to avoid the new Obamacare fines/taxes since his employees don't have insurance.

Now before you hate on this man, understand that after paying all his employees, expenses, taxes, maintenance, and upkeep/new equipment he clears about $140,000 per year. Some years more, some less. In the last 10 years he says his actual pay/salary fluctuated between $80K and $190K depending on contracts and business.

The cost of insuring his employees would be about $350,000 for a minimum basic plan. That would put him in the red even before himself taking a salary. He would have to close shop. If he paid the $2500 per employee fine that kicks in for employers with 50 or more employees, he would pay a fine/tax of $110,000. Meaning his expected take home salary/profit would be anywhere from a net loss of $30K to a positive salary of only $80K - the latter only if he has a banner year.

He is unwilling to take a chance with his own livelihood and gas already informed his employees of the coming cuts - two office personnel, and six machinists. They are upset but they understand his reasoning. Even the handful of Obama supporters at his shop seemed to suddenly "get it" o cw the reality hit them, that they could lose THEIR job because of Obamacare.

Which brings me to my sister.

My bro-in-law has had conversations with me, and with her, about how Obamacare will quite literally hurt his business and/or his ability to grow the company. He found out that she voted for Obama when he overheard her talking to a friend about the election. At first he was nonchalant about it, and asked her why and she told him "well it's good that he wants to help people".

After stewing over it a few days, he changed the locks while she was at work and put her stuff in a Uhaul truck. When she got home he had already had an attorney file divorce papers and since they had a pre-nup, she gets nothing.

I am having a hard time because I can't really blame him, but I love my sister. Although I cannot understand for the life of me why she would vote in a way that was so contrary to her personal interests.

Not sure what to think.
 Quoting: Seeing both sides 14898437

American women have become spoiled sluts, thinking themselves to be entitled to anything and everything without any basic logical comprehension of the world around them. Furthermore, they are literally hypnotized and brainwashed by the mainstream media, which is the only thing they watch.

Dumbed down. Poisoned with the crap food they eat. Mesmerized by the world of entertainment through which they live vicariously every day.
Glipski

United States
11/12/2012 07:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
"I'm still laughing at this story - has Obamacare exposed all the of so-called "business owners" that don't have a CLUE how to run a business?"

This was part of the previous poster's response, not mine.Not sure why it's outside of the block quote.

GLP