Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,321 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,054,214
Pageviews Today: 1,896,581Threads Today: 824Posts Today: 14,559
09:27 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Wow, WTF?! No Meat Mondays in Los Angeles, Agenda 21 strikes again!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4777394
Canada
11/12/2012 01:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Wow, WTF?! No Meat Mondays in Los Angeles, Agenda 21 strikes again!
Like these people voted against GMO labeling, right?
SO fake, all of it, almost every dam sentence is fake these days.
You are right, read the source documents, there is more to come.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24182468

California voted against it. It was on their ballots. They are the most stupid people in the world.

You people need to understand that if we do not adopt some of these measures that this planet is fucked and will not support any of us in the future. This is where we live and it can't keep going the way it is.

Its back to the farm the right way. The proper way. What could be wrong with eating your veggies. Grow up. Your not children anymore.

Oh thats right minimum age 13 required for GLP. This place is full of children.
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
11/12/2012 01:30 PM

Report Abusive Post
Who the fuck cares? Haven't you people heard of tofu and boca burgers? I have vegan friends who are doing just fine living that diet every single day. They are doing better than most of you chumps.

Save the environment or save that steak you wanted to eat on monday. bash
 Quoting: krosty

Too much tofu and soy products will turn a man into a queer...that's why I eat meat, don't want to get the gay...
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
DT2

User ID: 26788827
United States
11/12/2012 01:30 PM

Report Abusive Post
If you meat/dairy lovers knew what the meat and dairy industry is doing to your health and the planet, you would not see this as a bad thing..

As someone who used to love meat and dairy products, I can understand where your coming from, however as someone who has educated himself on the affects of these industries on personal health and the environment and the amount of cruelty and suffering to animals, I no longer view meat or dairy in the same way.

Meat and dairy are both acidifying and inflammatory to the body, and the leading cause of most disease, including cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and auto-immune disorders.

While your minds love these foods, your body doesn't and it is slowly causing your bodies to fall apart and is causing you to have a shorter lifespan with increasingly medical issues.

As someone who has lost 225lbs and experienced optimal health as a low fat raw vegan, consuming raw/living fruits, vegetables, leafy greens and a small amount of seeds and nuts, I have an in-depth understanding of health and wellbeing.

If you continue to feed the mind and ignore the symptoms of disease caused by your uninformed choices, then you will have a shorter life filled with doctor visits, and the typical age related diseases.

Read 80/10/10 by Dr Douglas Grahmn to fully understand, you can also see videos on youtube by him.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2465829

Is it on the store shelve or have they forced the stores to take it off for mondays?

Vegan diet really bad for teeth and bones, let me tell ya!
 Quoting: Sungaze_At_Dawn

When the body is acidified due to consuming meat and dairy, it pulls calcium from the bones/teeth to stabilize the ph balance of the blood. You can get all essential nutrients from nature, there is nothing harmful with these nutrients, as they are what the human body is composed of in their natural state. We need Vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytonutrients in the form that the body recognizes and evolved with, it just so happens that living fruits, vegetables, leafy greens and small amounts of seeds and nuts is highly alkaline to the body and beneficial, not detrimental to maintaining strong bones and teeth.

I get where you are coming from, but you are simplifying it too much. FACTORY FARMED INDUSTRIALLY RAISED/PROCESSED meats and milk are bad for human health (and pets), not to mention anything GMO. Grassfed and finished beef and livestock have been proven to be healthy. They have tons of omega-3s and good fats, plus a healthy dose of B vitamins. Factory farmed livestock have a dangerous level of omega-6s not to mention other nasty stuff in 'em, like heavy metals, pesticides, etc.

Industrially produced milk from GMO fed cows has a protein in it called casein A or something like that which creates inflammation and other problems in the human body. Organic milk is better, but raw milk is best. I can't drink pasteurized milk because the lactase is removed (I'm lactose-intolerant), but I can drink raw milk because all of the proteins and enzymes are present.

Re: getting vitamins and essential minerals from plants only, this is only true if the plants are raised on healthy soils which contain all of the macro and micro nutrients. While organic soils are better in this regard, it's not 100% that all organic soils have all of those nutrients since many soils have been depleted over the years or were converted to organic production from industrial.

I tried vegetarianism, border-line vegan for about three years and my health really declined. I returned to eating only local, organic and/or pastured meats from farmers I can talk to about their products a few years ago and my health returned. I also ensure that the farmers treat their animals humanely because it's just inexcusable, gross, sinful if you ask me, the way livestock are treated in factory farms. I guarantee that nothing tastes better than beef raised on a diet of what God intended.

In short, the vegetarian or vegan lifestyle is not for everyone.
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27596742
Sweden
11/12/2012 01:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I for one think this is good. It's a step in the right direction for so many reasons.

I'm not sold on the whole climate change debacle. But since this also saves a lot of suffering it's welcome news.

Think of all the animals you put through a life of hell just to slaughter and consume. Don't fool yourself into thinking this doesn't bother you, your are directly responsible for the animals you consume, so it directly affects your subconscious, and in the end your mental / physical well being.

There is no way around it. Your subconsciousness can't be easily fooled.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. But less and less is better for everyone.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2134890

Yeah and don't forget to pay the 44,3% taxes so you can have muslims live on your dime.
[link to www.ekonomifakta.se]

it's strange they get more and more and you are satisfied with less and less? Why don't you just give them all you have right away, i mean don't they deserve it? They're better than you:
[link to islam-watch.org]
[link to thereligionofpeace.com]
BRIEF

United States
11/12/2012 01:32 PM

Report Abusive Post
Like these people voted against GMO labeling, right?
SO fake, all of it, almost every dam sentence is fake these days.
You are right, read the source documents, there is more to come.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24182468

California voted against it. It was on their ballots. They are the most stupid people in the world.

You people need to understand that if we do not adopt some of these measures that this planet is fucked and will not support any of us in the future. This is where we live and it can't keep going the way it is.

Its back to the farm the right way. The proper way. What could be wrong with eating your veggies. Grow up. Your not children anymore.

Oh thats right minimum age 13 required for GLP. This place is full of children.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4777394

Cows produce tons of methane gas, so I'm eating as many as I can to help save the planet...

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
krosty

User ID: 15571780
United States
11/12/2012 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Who the fuck cares? Haven't you people heard of tofu and boca burgers? I have vegan friends who are doing just fine living that diet every single day. They are doing better than most of you chumps.

Too much tofu and soy products will turn a man into a queer...that's why I eat meat, don't want to get the gay...
 Quoting: BRIEF

And the scientific backing to that is???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1459925
United States
11/12/2012 01:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

OH GOD! I read your first sentence and had to reply. Dont you get it??? It is about govt being able to ORDER what you do with YOUR body! Isnt that what legal abortion was about? That noone should tell a woman what she can do with her own body?

IT IS NOT THEIR PLACE! Thats all this thread is about, not about your personal opinion of who should eat what?

Should read more than the first sentence, I know what you mean, I am a libertarian, at the same time someone that has experienced both spectrums of eating, I ate my way to 400lbs with the atkins diet of meat and cheese, and ate my way back down with biologically and nutritionally appropriate foods. I understand both sides as well as the importance of individual freedoms/choices, that does not however mean I will not help raise awareness where possible.

^ What this guy said. I'm not arguing meats place in our diet but I will point out that hunting (and meat eating) has been a core practice in human history and has no doubt helped shape part of our bodys evolution. That said we are not hunting free range elk and buffalo these days. They put alot of shit into those foods now to the point where animal protein is indeed bad for you in the long run.

One of my core principles is - Everything in Moderation. Too much red meat will have certain consequences just as a hardcore vegan diet will, though the impacts will be different.

Point is this is another step towards government dictating what you do with your body. Every step is bolder than the last one. I heard the NFL was mulling over clauses in player contracts to dictate when players could have sex with their spouses so they would not have to miss game time to attend the birth of their children. NFL is private of course, but this sets a terrible precedent.

I am reminded of the movie The Island where Ewan McGregors character pisses into the toilet and it tells him he didnt have enough vitamin k or some shit. Get your Agenda 21 certified toilet today!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27596742
Sweden
11/12/2012 01:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

Indeed:
"Research is now showing that when you feed your baby soy formula, you're giving him or her the equivalent of five birth control pills a day.

Scientists now are finding that Soy is feminizing, and commonly leads to sexual confusion and homosexuality. That's why most of the medical (not socio-spiritual) blame for today's rise in homosexuality must fall upon the rise in soy formula and other soy products. (Most babies are bottle-fed during some part of their infancy, and one-fourth of them are getting soy milk!)

In additional to soy probably being related to the "homosexual epidemic", it has been shown that eating two or more servings of tofu a week can accelerate brain aging, leading to lower cognitive function later in life."
[link to bibleprobe.com]
TheBridge

User ID: 16233071
Ireland
11/12/2012 01:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

Indeed:
"Research is now showing that when you feed your baby soy formula, you're giving him or her the equivalent of five birth control pills a day.

Scientists now are finding that Soy is feminizing, and commonly leads to sexual confusion and homosexuality. That's why most of the medical (not socio-spiritual) blame for today's rise in homosexuality must fall upon the rise in soy formula and other soy products. (Most babies are bottle-fed during some part of their infancy, and one-fourth of them are getting soy milk!)

In additional to soy probably being related to the "homosexual epidemic", it has been shown that eating two or more servings of tofu a week can accelerate brain aging, leading to lower cognitive function later in life."
[link to bibleprobe.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27596742

putin
between the material and the astral planes...

My Blog: www.everythingastral.blogspot.com
Hardwired

User ID: 1837170
United States
11/12/2012 01:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'll cook a vegan meal whenever I want to, not when the Sheeple's handlers suggest it.

Not that it would EVER happen where I live, but if it did, I would be sure to go to the all-you-can-eat meat buffet just down the street in our newest high-rise. Just another symbolic finger to the Political Class!flipoff
krosty

User ID: 15571780
United States
11/12/2012 01:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Indeed:

[link to bibleprobe.com]

putin
 Quoting: TheBridge

Please educate yourself... [link to www.bryannaclarkgrogan.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1245570
Germany
11/12/2012 01:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you meat/dairy lovers knew what the meat and dairy industry is doing to your health and the planet, you would not see this as a bad thing..

As someone who used to love meat and dairy products, I can understand where your coming from, however as someone who has educated himself on the affects of these industries on personal health and the environment and the amount of cruelty and suffering to animals, I no longer view meat or dairy in the same way.

Meat and dairy are both acidifying and inflammatory to the body, and the leading cause of most disease, including cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and auto-immune disorders.

While your minds love these foods, your body doesn't and it is slowly causing your bodies to fall apart and is causing you to have a shorter lifespan with increasingly medical issues.

As someone who has lost 225lbs and experienced optimal health as a low fat raw vegan, consuming raw/living fruits, vegetables, leafy greens and a small amount of seeds and nuts, I have an in-depth understanding of health and wellbeing.

If you continue to feed the mind and ignore the symptoms of disease caused by your uninformed choices, then you will have a shorter life filled with doctor visits, and the typical age related diseases.

Read 80/10/10 by Dr Douglas Grahmn to fully understand, you can also see videos on youtube by him.
wvgal
User ID: 13268035
United States
11/12/2012 01:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
why arent you people griping about Taco Tuesdays or Wednesday is Prince Spaghetti day? Eating meat and meat products every single day is unhealthy. God did not put millions of cows on the earth. HUMANs bred them so they can suck down meat constantly. Factory farms are horrible places of death and cruelty. Eating meat from animals who were not treated humanely is wrong. The negative energy in their flesh is in your body now. That is why people are so hateful and nasty. Eat another burger! Gross.
TheBridge

Ireland
11/12/2012 01:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
You all live off fear, sheep! When I start wanting to bang Tom Cruise maybe ill looke into it.

BRIEF

United States
11/12/2012 01:42 PM

Report Abusive Post
You all live off fear, sheep! When I start wanting to bang Tom Cruise maybe ill looke into it.

Too late by then...enjoy being fag

Briefcut4892
TheBridge

Ireland
11/12/2012 01:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

Indeed:

[link to bibleprobe.com]

putin

Please educate yourself... [link to www.bryannaclarkgrogan.com]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4777394
Canada
11/12/2012 01:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
So What.

What is wrong with eating less meat. I quit eating pork years ago because it is full of GMO"S and ANTIBIOTICS and does not even taste or smell the same when cooked.

The only beef I buy is a cow I pick from the locals in the area that grass feed their cows and do not grain them with GMO corn and wheat.

People. Get a grip. This is a good thing.

Cows tax or enviroment like you have no idea. We need less of this in our enviroment.

Eating more Vegtables is a good thing.

Is everybody so stupid these days they can't see past the end of their own noses to understand that if we don't change how we are doing things that this whole planet is going to fall so far that it won't support the population on it and the Population increases yet to come.

You can lead the Herds to water but you can't make them smart and people are getting more and more stupid by the minute.

Get with the program.

What the fuck could be wrong with eating more Vegtables.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4777394

Ever heard of Monsanto and the GMO seeds?

Maybe you like some cockroach genes in your tomatos?
Suggestion: do word search for MONSANTO in the searchbox up at to the right on this page.

I guess if I'm aware of GMO Corn and Wheat I think I would be Aware of the other Dangers too.

I am part of a group whom grow and produce Heritage Vegtables.

That being said we still have to make changes for the planet not for us. If it keeps going the way it is there will be nothing laft for the generations coming up.

People are so selfish these days and just worry about themselves in the here and now. Boo Hoo they want us to change. Well Hello if we don't were all screwed.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/12/2012 01:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

Indeed:

[link to bibleprobe.com]

putin

Meat has so much hormones in it and causes man boobs. Artificial hormones in meat are the cause of feminization in men. If there is any connection betwenn homosexuality and diet, then homosexuality is rather related to the meat industry and plastic bottles.

Btw, you don't have to eat soy or soy products as a vegan if you don't like it.
TheBridge

Ireland
11/12/2012 01:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

Too late by then...enjoy being fag

And you enjoy your sausage ;-)

Lilac.Nights

User ID: 7945782
United States
11/12/2012 01:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well, call us back when they tell you that cucumbers are for NOT healthy for you and you are NOT ALLOWED to eat them anymore.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1867898
United States
11/12/2012 01:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you not see it, there's not enough food to go around. They are being preemptive. I definitely believe that the choice is yours to eat meat or not, but I will guarantee that the price of meat will be going up substantially in the future.

I became a vegetarian a few months ago and I was always fit ran and lifted weights daily but always had just regular fit body. Might just be the way I decided to change my perception on things, but now I am hitting new levels of energy and feel that my body is rejuvenating it's self. I am lifting heavier getting really toned, and running longer distances with out getting tiered. I'm not saying this is for everyone, do as you please, but for those that say we need meat to be fit, that's a bunch of bull.

"Change what controls you, and you will change what you can control"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6685296
United States
11/12/2012 01:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
(CNSNews.com) - The Los Angeles City Council is urging all residents to observe "meatless Mondays" from now on.

A resolution adopted on Oct. 24 reads: "Be it resolved, that the Council of the City of Los Angeles hereby declares all Mondays as 'Meatless Mondays' in support of comprehensive sustainability efforts as well as to further encourage residents to eat a more varied plant-based diet to protect their health and protect animals."

The resolution makes 15 points in support of meatless Mondays, including U.N. recognition that "livestock are one of the most significant contributors to today's most serious environmental problems."

Los Angeles now becomes the largest city to endorse "meatless Mondays." The Washington, D.C., City Council also has designated "Meat Free Mondays," San Francisco has designated every Monday as "Veg Day," and a number of colleges and public schools also have adopted meatless Monday policies.

More at [link to cnsnews.com]
 Quoting: Laura Bow

There is NO LAW associated with this, thus no one HAS to obey this 'resolution', so GO OUT AND EAT meat if you want to!!

sigh

Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/12/2012 01:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
What is your problem with a 'No MEAT Monday'?

Who told you that you should eat meat seven days a week? Meat is a drug, like heroin. 100 years ago, people had meat once a week, not every day.

They worked hard physically and weren't fat and flabby like the people today who consume huge portions of meat all of the time.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1275364
Canada
11/12/2012 01:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
interesting initiative

while i'm a fan of being allowed to make my own choices, it's a fact that eating less meat and more fruits/veggies will improve one's health and help reduce ecological devastation.. not to mention animal cruelty
BRIEF

United States
11/12/2012 02:00 PM

Report Abusive Post

This will just get more people to eat tofu! Way to go Brief!! Dammit!
 Quoting: Chip

More pussy for us grinning

Briefcut4892
BRIEF

United States
11/12/2012 02:01 PM

Report Abusive Post
interesting initiative

while i'm a fan of being allowed to make my own choices, it's a fact that eating less meat and more fruits/veggies will improve one's health and help reduce ecological devastation.. not to mention animal cruelty
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1275364

If you don't eat those farting cows you are contributing to global warming, thanks asshole!

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9266723
United States
11/12/2012 02:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
lol at you people thinking that hormone issues leads to homosexuality...

There are real guys who suffer from hormone problems. IT doesn't "Turn them gay." Get serious.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1867898
United States
11/12/2012 02:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you not see it, there's not enough food to go around. They are being preemptive. I definitely believe that the choice is yours to eat meat or not, but I will guarantee that the price of meat will be going up substantially in the future.

I became a vegetarian a few months ago and I was always fit ran and lifted weights daily but always had just regular fit body. Might just be the way I decided to change my perception on things, but now I am hitting new levels of energy and feel that my body is rejuvenating it's self. I am lifting heavier getting really toned, and running longer distances with out getting tiered. I'm not saying this is for everyone, do as you please, but for those that say we need meat to be fit, that's a bunch of bull.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1867898

And by the way I bought food for friends from a restaurant called veggie grill, and they didn't even know they weren't eating real meat. After I told them, they were amazed and said it actually tasted better then the meat most restaurants serve out there.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27260275
United States
11/12/2012 02:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
(CNSNews.com) - The Los Angeles City Council is urging all residents to observe "meatless Mondays" from now on.

A resolution adopted on Oct. 24 reads: "Be it resolved, that the Council of the City of Los Angeles hereby declares all Mondays as 'Meatless Mondays' in support of comprehensive sustainability efforts as well as to further encourage residents to eat a more varied plant-based diet to protect their health and protect animals."

The resolution makes 15 points in support of meatless Mondays, including U.N. recognition that "livestock are one of the most significant contributors to today's most serious environmental problems."

Los Angeles now becomes the largest city to endorse "meatless Mondays." The Washington, D.C., City Council also has designated "Meat Free Mondays," San Francisco has designated every Monday as "Veg Day," and a number of colleges and public schools also have adopted meatless Monday policies.

More at [link to cnsnews.com]
 Quoting: Laura Bow

Flush it all away
TheBridge

Ireland
11/12/2012 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

And by the way I bought food for friends from a restaurant called veggie grill, and they didn't even know they weren't eating real meat. After I told them, they were amazed and said it actually tasted better then the meat most restaurants serve out there.

And Quorn 'mince' is much nicer than beef. Easier to cook aswell!

GLP