SOLDIERS ARE NOT HEROES THEY ARE WORKING STIFFS

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25009119
United States
11/12/2012 09:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
SOLDIERS ARE NOT HEROES THEY ARE WORKING STIFFS
Soldiers are NOT heroes. They are working stiffs just like the rest of us. They are doing NOTHING to "protect our freedom" here at home. They agreed to the conditions of employment to which they volunteered and are being compensated for. Nothing more. STOP all of this BULLSHIT HERO WORSHIP about soldiers.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27589394
United States
11/12/2012 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: SOLDIERS ARE NOT HEROES THEY ARE WORKING STIFFS
Soldiers are NOT heroes. They are working stiffs just like the rest of us. They are doing NOTHING to "protect our freedom" here at home. They agreed to the conditions of employment to which they volunteered and are being compensated for. Nothing more. STOP all of this BULLSHIT HERO WORSHIP about soldiers.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25009119

If you are from America, you a disgrace!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6271981
United States
11/12/2012 09:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27589394

If the op is from America they are invoking there first amendment right nobody said you had to agree with them.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/12/2012 10:02 AM
Report Abusive Post

You're a fool.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1302314
Australia
11/12/2012 10:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

If the op is from America they are invoking there first amendment right nobody said you had to agree with them.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6271981

I assume the OP is from the UK or Australia

I agree with the OP..people get into the military for two reasons

1) the recruiter fools them into signing up

2) they need a job, an education and a place they can belong too

to be fair to them most of them end up very unsuccessful in life (3/4 homeless are veterans) and usually end up blowing the money the government pays them on something stupid like a bass boat or a fast car. They also have many health problems and of course they can get killed.

People join the military out of stupidity and desperation, getting called Heroes by the local simpletons back home is at least so consolation for their wasted life.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27590397
Croatia
11/12/2012 10:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
not only that,but usually soldiers are deployed for invading rather than defending and that my friends,makes them murderers
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1302314
Australia
11/12/2012 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
should read *some consolation
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27590397
Croatia
11/12/2012 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6271981

I assume the OP is from the UK or Australia

I agree with the OP..people get into the military for two reasons

1) the recruiter fools them into signing up

2) they need a job, an education and a place they can belong too

to be fair to them most of them end up very unsuccessful in life (3/4 homeless are veterans) and usually end up blowing the money the government pays them on something stupid like a bass boat or a fast car. They also have many health problems and of course they can get killed.

People join the military out of stupidity and desperation, getting called Heroes by the local simpletons back home is at least so consolation for their wasted life.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1302314

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27427004
United States
11/12/2012 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

If you are from America, you're written English is a disgrace!
Nam Marine
User ID: 24695931
United States
11/12/2012 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
shitstreamOP
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/14/2012 10:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am an American. And, I served in the military. I wasn't a hero then and our soldiers now ARE NOT HEROES. They are simply going to "work" every day and getting paid to do their "job". That is it. Soldiers are doing NOTHING to "protect our freedoms" here in the USA. It's all bullshit.bump
Sneetch

User ID: 14967850
United States
11/14/2012 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
See, they need people to keep believing this though so we can continue to send our "heroes" into the meat/dollar grinder that is "The War on Terror".
We were meant to live for so much more, have we lost ourselves?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26912620
United States
11/14/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Agreed .... I actually have the cut off at Vietnam, since many were drafted ... and every vietnam vet i've met is screwed over some way ....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26778029
United States
11/14/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone who's been in the military knows they aren't surrounded by heros. Most are the opposite of heroic.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8260452
United States
11/14/2012 11:02 AM
Report Abusive Post

Agreed 100%.

Volunteering for the military doesn't make you hero. Killing a bunch of primitives with overpowering technological and tactical advantages doesn't make you a hero either.

Landing on D-Day...now that's heroic.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/15/2012 05:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

Fuckin eh.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
I saw a young black guy on the news being interviewed on CNN. He was helping his neighbors remove debris in New Jersey and still dealing with power outages.

"I want to join the Marines and be a HERO" he said.

Young man, what you are doing NOW, here at home, HELPING YOUR NEIGHBORS is HEROIC! Joining the Marine Corp. DOES NOT make you a hero.

I am so sick of this HERO WORSHIP being thrown around in this country of idiots!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3316260
United States
11/19/2012 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
How many of us go to work knowing that at any second we could die?

That is heroic.

How many of us go to work art a job where we know we could be called upon to give our lives to save others?

That is heroic.

How many of us go to work knowing that we may have to take the lives of men who would mutilate and kill us in some of the worst ways imaginable if they were given the chance?

That is heroic.

The anonymous coward that started this thread doesn't have the balls to face reality.

Those that serve in our Military face death in ways he cannot even fathom daily, willingly cheerfully and heroically.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27971898
United States
11/19/2012 11:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

No, they are killers.

To even think of them as "working stiffs" is silliness. Tell it like it really is...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28075846
Poland
11/19/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

Fuck you asshole!!!! I hope some of your family gets killed in a car wreck on Thanksgiving.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

Fuck you asshole!!!! I hope some of your family gets killed in a car wreck on Thanksgiving.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28075846

Now that's a truly enlightened being...

Sad.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27569123
United States
11/19/2012 11:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

they are meat shields for the powers that were...

lol
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21291600
United States
11/19/2012 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

wow, really?

nah-uh... not cool
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23952125
United States
11/19/2012 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
please look up the definition of the word

m-e-r-c-e-n-a-r-y

thank you come again
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

I actually feel sorry for you...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28075846
Poland
11/19/2012 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

Sad.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27971898

Fuck you too asshole I hope you lose family mebers in a car wreck on Thanksgiving also.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post

Sad.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27971898

Fuck you too asshole I hope you lose family mebers in a car wreck on Thanksgiving also.

What a lost child...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14443159
United States
11/19/2012 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

freedom their butt. most of them joined the military for outrageous benefits. high-pay consumers for the war industry. yea there's some work related stress and danger, but so does a semi truck driver.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Being a soldier is a JOB. Nothing more.

Joining the military to "become a hero" is pathetic.

America is a country of pussy, reality TV dumbtards.
Strawberrymittens

User ID: 26604828
United States
11/19/2012 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

For a few maybe, but there are so many who have joined for honorable reasons, done brave things and seen a lot of shit no one should ever have to see. I do know some shitbags, but I also know some really incredible soldiers too.
Save your anger for issues that actually matter.
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent to the concerns of such puny creatures as we are. - Carl Sagan
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14443159
United States
11/19/2012 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
I saw a young black guy on the news being interviewed on CNN. He was helping his neighbors remove debris in New Jersey and still dealing with power outages.

"I want to join the Marines and be a HERO" he said.

Young man, what you are doing NOW, here at home, HELPING YOUR NEIGHBORS is HEROIC! Joining the Marine Corp. DOES NOT make you a hero.

I am so sick of this HERO WORSHIP being thrown around in this country of idiots!

clappa

GLP