Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,339 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 599,658
Pageviews Today: 1,010,369Threads Today: 338Posts Today: 6,291
11:41 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

I Need Your Help GLP!!! For A Massive Financial Story I'm Working On!!!

Saddletramp
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 736749
Puerto Rico
11/12/2012 10:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
I Need Your Help GLP!!! For A Massive Financial Story I'm Working On!!!
Okay guys, I'm calling up old banker friends and contacts today, even some old contacts at the Dallas Federal Reserve to get to the bottom of this, but I warn you, if my suspisions are correct, this could be huge...One of the biggest financial stories of the year!!!

What I need is for everyone who reads this to check the Cash in your Wallet or where ever, and see if you have any money there that has a series date after 2009???

None of the Banks have extra cash on hand, they are virtually running hand to mouth. Old bills that should have been retired because of wear and tear are staying in the system. When you can get cash at your bank, it's all old bills. And I know they printed a huge run in 2011, but I can't find where it has been made available to the banks for distribution. We're talking about Hundreds of Billions in cash being held out of our financial system right now...

And the question is...Why???

Help Me Out GLP, Take a quick look at your bills and let me know what you find. The printing run date is near the bottom on the front of the bills...

drevil

UPDATE: After speaking with a friend of mine at the Dallas Fed I found out a few things. The Series 2009 is still being printed, even though they were slated to make Series Adjustments in 2011. These adjustments were canceled in favor of some new 3D Tech coming out on the new $100 dollar bills slated to be Series 2012 or 2013.

All of this said, there is still a severe shortage of cash available to banks, ATM's, and Business'. This despite increased printing in 2011 and extreme increases already this year, 2012. So, WHERE IS ALL THIS CASH THEY ARE PRINTING GOING? Because it's sure not making it to circulation in the U.S.A.

Also, why are they keeping our U.S. banks short on cash???

Please advise on any experiences you have where you had trouble withdrawing cash from your bank!!!

Last Edited by Saddletramp on 11/12/2012 02:34 PM
"And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods..." ~ Horatius

"Because he told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey..."

"We don't rent pigs!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18401048
United States
11/12/2012 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: I Need Your Help GLP!!! For A Massive Financial Story I'm Working On!!!
i have 6 bills in my wallet.... 4 20s, 1 5 and 1 1.

all 2009 or older.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21926154
United States
11/12/2012 10:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Interesting. My brother said the bank wouldn't give him cash the other day.

We discussed how there wasn't enough money in the system.

But we were discussing money in general.

Not actual cash.

Oh yeah. And I just checked my wallet. I have like two hundred dollars in twenties. All before 2009
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11223885
United States
11/12/2012 10:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oahf had -500 euro ... And ??
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
11/12/2012 10:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

all 2009 or older.
 Quoting: Oyster

Thanks for taking a look for me...
"And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods..." ~ Horatius

"Because he told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey..."

"We don't rent pigs!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1565431
United States
11/12/2012 10:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
i have a 5 - 2009.....Gunna look at the rest of my four dollars at home and check them bad boys as well...
0nlyM3&U

User ID: 26824759
United States
11/12/2012 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
I did take quite a few hundreds out of the bank last week and noticed one of them was an older one I haven't seen in a while. Later that day, the merchant I spent it at looked at me as if I were a criminal. Obviously they thought it was stranger than I did.
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
Report Abusive Post
Oahf had -500 euro ... And ??
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11223885

heeheehee...Sorry, we don't take Euro's here...

"We don't rent pigs!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12029817
United States
Report Abusive Post
2006 (2 x $20, 1 x $10), 2008 ($1) & 2009 ($5) here in Denver, CO area
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27228898
United States
11/12/2012 10:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Everything older than 09 Now that I think about it, I haven't had any new bills that stick together in a while. Anybody been to an ATM lately and get those new bills that stick? I'm think maybe the series date isn't the actual print date?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/12/2012 10:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

all 2009 or older.

Quoting: Saddletramp

no problem.

i just did a google search on the subject and found a link under yahoo answer (yeah....i know) and there was a guy talking about it being the "2009 series" and that all the current bills being printed were part of the "2009 series" not necessarily meaning they were printed in 2009.

i have no idea if there is any truth to that, just wanted to throw it out there.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23011194
United States
11/12/2012 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
yep, mine is all old. come to think of it, I haven't seen any new bills in awhile.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/12/2012 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
for what it's worth...

"No later dates exist.
Series 2009 notes are what is presently being printed. The series prior to that was Series 2006. The series date only changes when a design element changes (In the case of the changeover from Series 2006 to Series 2009, the signatures of the Treasurer and Secretary of the Treasury both changed - both changed from G. W. Bush appointees to Obama appointees, so I suppose you could accurately say it was something Obama did. If Romney was to be elected, the same thing would happen.)"

[link to answers.yahoo.com]
No More Lies

User ID: 27074012
United States
11/12/2012 10:55 AM

Report Abusive Post
2 20s

2 1s

all 4 from 2006
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
11/12/2012 10:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

all 2009 or older.

no problem.

i just did a google search on the subject and found a link under yahoo answer (yeah....i know) and there was a guy talking about it being the "2009 series" and that all the current bills being printed were part of the "2009 series" not necessarily meaning they were printed in 2009.

i have no idea if there is any truth to that, just wanted to throw it out there.

One of my contacts at the Dallas Fed confirmed, there is a 2011 series as well, and they had a huge print run, hundreds of billions in bills of all denominations, but it has not been made available to the banks, and it has been over a year now.

They stopped printing 2009 series in early 2010...

Very odd...

Last Edited by Saddletramp on 11/12/2012 10:57 AM

"We don't rent pigs!"
ceawaves

User ID: 27378170
Germany
11/12/2012 10:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Okay guys, I'm calling up old banker friends and contacts today, even some old contacts at the Dallas Federal Reserve to get to the bottom of this, but I warn you, if my suspisions are correct, this could be huge...One of the biggest financial stories of the year!!!

What I need is for everyone who reads this to check the Cash in your Wallet or where ever, and see if you have any money there that was printed after 2009-10???

None of the Banks have extra cash on hand, they are virtually running hand to mouth. Old bills that should have been retired because of wear and tear are staying in the system. When you can get cash at your bank, it's all old bills. And I know they printed a huge run in 2011, but I can't find where it has been made available to the banks for distribution. We're talking about Hundreds of Billions in cash being held out of our financial system right now...

And the question is...Why???

Help Me Out GLP, Take a quick look at your bills and let me know what you find. The printing run date is near the bottom on the front of the bills...

drevil

All that 'new' money got shipped out an over to the help with the Arab Spring.. About to check what little i have.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2836766
United States
11/12/2012 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
wood like to hep u out bro but when I looks in mah wallet iz MT!
0nlyM3&U

United States
11/12/2012 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

all 2009 or older.

no problem.

There's a 2011 series as well, and they had a huge print run, hundreds of billions in bills of all denominations, but it has not been made available to the banks, and it has been over a year now.

Very odd...

did they even bother printing? Or was this more 1's and 0's on a computer to further devalue our currency?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/12/2012 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

all 2009 or older.

no problem.

One of my contacts at the Dallas Fed confirmed, there is a 2011 series as well, and they had a huge print run, hundreds of billions in bills of all denominations, but it has not been made available to the banks, and it has been over a year now.

They stopped printing 2009 series in early 2010...

Very odd...

aaaaahhhhh, ok.

looks like you have some investigating to do. adding this thread to my favs so i can keep track.
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
11/12/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

no problem.

There's a 2011 series as well, and they had a huge print run, hundreds of billions in bills of all denominations, but it has not been made available to the banks, and it has been over a year now.

Very odd...

did they even bother printing? Or was this more 1's and 0's on a computer to further devalue our currency?
 Quoting: 0nlyM3&U

No, it was an actual print run at the treasury...

But they aren't even taking as many worn and torn bills out of the system as they usually do.

My fed friend said they official line is they are trying to save money by leaving bills in the system a little longer, but he also tells me banks are reporting running totally out of cash all over Texas, and I suspect the rest of the country as well. He said usually when banks begin reporting cash shortages, they release the newest print run...but they're not doing it for some reason...

"We don't rent pigs!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27508057
United Kingdom
11/12/2012 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have a few from my last trip...

1 x $1 - 2003
1 x $1 - 2006
1 x $5 - 2006
1 x $10 - 2009
3 x $20 - 2004
1 x $100 - 2006
0nlyM3&U

United States
11/12/2012 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

no problem.

Very odd...

Quoting: 0nlyM3&U

No, it was an actual print run at the treasury...

But they aren't even taking as many worn and torn bills out of the system as they usually do.

My fed friend said they official line is they are trying to save money by leaving bills in the system a little longer, but he also tells me banks are reporting running totally out of cash all over Texas, and I suspect the rest of the country as well. He said usually when banks begin reporting cash shortages, they release the newest print run...but they're not doing it for some reason...

Seems like a logical step if you wanted to implement an all digital currency. Couple that with the SCOTUS ruling on making selling your own second hand belongings illegal that is taking way right now.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1437564
United States
11/12/2012 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
A $20, a $10 and three $1s. All 2006 or 2009. Be careful... People seem to disappear around these types of financial inquiries. Sometimes you don't want to know the answer.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
so i guess the big question is, who is hoarding all the cash?
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
Report Abusive Post
Here's a link showing the amount of money printed in 2010, 2011, and NOW 2012... but none of that cash has been released into the system it appears...

[link to www.moneyfactory.gov]

"We don't rent pigs!"
Saddletramp  (OP)

Puerto Rico
11/12/2012 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
so i guess the big question is, who is hoarding all the cash?

And why?!?!?

Perhaps this is the reason...but I have my doubts...

[link to www.newmoney.gov]

Last Edited by Saddletramp on 11/12/2012 11:08 AM

"We don't rent pigs!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27220429
United States
11/12/2012 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Was in a local bank a few weeks ago and overheard a convo by 2 employees trying to figure out where to get $3000 for a withdrawal. They were working hard on it, but were obviously having trouble coming up with it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27390512
United States
11/12/2012 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
5's, 10's and a few ones.
2009's most of them
the ones are 2006
and one of them is 2003
YaRight

User ID: 27303684
United States
11/12/2012 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I will tell you this don’t go to your local bank and try to withdraw more than 10K those little banks don’t have that kind of cash

Oh btw…all my bills are series 2009 and lower
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26401225
United States
11/12/2012 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm looking at 7 $20 bills....the latest is 2009:

Wow....7 1$ bills....the latest is 2009 as well.....hmmm...

Interesting topic......
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23182389
United States
11/12/2012 11:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
got a couple $1 and single $10 - all 2009.

GLP