** THE ANSWER WHY THE WINTER STORMS NOW HAVE NAMES! **

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23955441
United States
11/12/2012 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
** THE ANSWER WHY THE WINTER STORMS NOW HAVE NAMES! **
I was talking to the wife last night(she works in the insurance industry"account manager"10 yrs)about named winter storms. I was trying to make a point that it must be more fear mongering from our lovely MSM! She quickly put me in my place and shocked me. She told me that most of the country is not covered by their insurance from "ANY NAMED STORM"! I am thinking that everyone out here on GLP should check your Homeowner's Insurance & Renter's Insurance. I am willing to bet that most that are not on the coast lines have even heard of "Named Storm Coverage". Well it turns out that if your insurance does not have a named storm clause in it, well then they will cover nothing!

I find i really interesting that they started nameing storms this year. Were they just waiting until the storms were going to be violent enough to make many homeless. I think this ties into Agenda 21. They want to make many homeless in order to have reasons for FEMA to round everyone up.

I did find it hard to find anything about named storm coverage besides coastal areas. But she assures me that this is for all insurance companies in the U.S.A. We Live in Colorado and these storms dont even hit here. But the coverage is still the same.
I also found it VERY CREEPY when I read the names they chose!

Here is a few linkies so it no Stinky

[link to www.offshorerisk.com]
[link to www.opic.state.tx.us]
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
[link to www.weather.com]

BROUGHT TO YOU BY

ohappy oridin bushtard pigchef dick
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11443159
United States
11/12/2012 01:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: ** THE ANSWER WHY THE WINTER STORMS NOW HAVE NAMES! **
I can't figure out who is dumber

You or your wife.

What "named winter storms"?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 23955441
United States
11/12/2012 01:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

You or your wife.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11443159

Look at the Links You Tard
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24182468
United States
11/12/2012 01:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Interesting. Logical. Sad.
Sutton
User ID: 27086380
United States
11/12/2012 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
They just started naming them. Athena, Brutus. Seriously.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27382151
United States
11/12/2012 01:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow.

I was wondering about this when I heard of "Brutus".

I never heard of naming winter storms before this either.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit about the insurance angle though.

I'm gonna look at my policy today.

I live in CO also.
notgonna

User ID: 17476059
United States
11/12/2012 01:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wonder the legalities that might arise as the rules seem arbitrary and non standard...

From your Wikipedia link:

The 2012–13 US winter storm season is the first winter storm season defined by The Weather Channel, to name noteworthy winter storms. The season is notable for controversy among the meteorological organizations, such as the National Weather Service and Accuweather, that refused to recognize the naming scheme, as the criteria for the storm is relatively arbitrary based on its "noteworthiness". According to NBC News, the reason for the naming of winter storms is to raise awareness and to make it easier to track the storm's progress. This was not done without precedent as other weather systems including the strongest winter European windstorms have been named since the 1950s. Giving storms names makes them more memorable and makes it easier to communicate via social media.[1]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11247087
United States
11/12/2012 02:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
hurricanes have always been named - coverage doesn't go away because it's named. That said, you must also carry FLOOD ... ie. 'rising water' insurance if live near coast and prone to damage.

Is your story is accurate, please provide a link stating that this from at least one insurance company.

posting links for names of storms does not denote non fail.
bbristowe

User ID: 26443432
Canada
11/12/2012 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good catch OP.

Very interesting developments this winter.
Giftedest

User ID: 10743044
United States
11/12/2012 02:26 PM

Report Abusive Post
From the offshorerisk link in the OP, kinda makes sense when you look at it this way.

The Named Storm, Named Windstorm or Catastrophe deductible clause gives the property or boat owner plenty of incentive to protect property and with the early warning systems in place such as television, radio, newspaper, internet, weather radio bands, radio nets and other sources that should be diligently and regularly monitored before, during and after the applicable season; there should be plenty of time to implement your "Hurricane Plan" and protect your property, insured or not

It's the "you were warned to protect your property or move it out of the area" clause. tounge
Who does your thinking?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4777394
Canada
11/12/2012 02:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was talking to the wife last night(she works in the insurance industry"account manager"10 yrs)about named winter storms. I was trying to make a point that it must be more fear mongering from our lovely MSM! She quickly put me in my place and shocked me. She told me that most of the country is not covered by their insurance from "ANY NAMED STORM"! I am thinking that everyone out here on GLP should check your Homeowner's Insurance & Renter's Insurance. I am willing to bet that most that are not on the coast lines have even heard of "Named Storm Coverage". Well it turns out that if your insurance does not have a named storm clause in it, well then they will cover nothing!

I find i really interesting that they started nameing storms this year. Were they just waiting until the storms were going to be violent enough to make many homeless. I think this ties into Agenda 21. They want to make many homeless in order to have reasons for FEMA to round everyone up.

I did find it hard to find anything about named storm coverage besides coastal areas. But she assures me that this is for all insurance companies in the U.S.A. We Live in Colorado and these storms dont even hit here. But the coverage is still the same.

BROUGHT TO YOU BY

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23955441

They do not have to make anybody homeless. MOTHER NATURE is going to do the job all by herself. Mother Natures extremes are coming and getting worse. If you choose. You notice I say YOU CHOOSE to live in the Battle Grounds that being area's prone to Hurricanes and Flooding you are on your own. Get It. Nobody makes you live where you live and nobody is going to keep paying for you to stay there. Includeing the Insurance Companies when everybody knows whats coming and if your still in DENIAL just wait. You won't be for long.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1055574
United States
11/12/2012 02:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

You or your wife.

Look at the Links You Tard

Shills don't need to click links. They only need to distract and divide.

Good info, OP.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1540313
United States
11/12/2012 02:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

BROUGHT TO YOU BY

dribble
MelvinKartinWeatherGe​nius

User ID: 23829721
United States
11/12/2012 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, some insurance companies do have "named storm" protection.

However, just because a private company, like the Weather Channel" produced some silly naming winter storms crap for ratings, doesnt mean those storms are "officially named storms" recognized by the National Hurricane Center or NOAA/NWS. Nor would those storms fall under the Insurance companies "Name Storm Policies" or lack of that protection.

So insurance company customers have nothing to worry about.
UseLess RepEATER
Those who know the least obey the best: G.F.

User ID: 1157634
United States
11/12/2012 03:10 PM

Report Abusive Post

BROUGHT TO YOU BY

Uh, it's practically common knowledge on this site that most, IF NOT ALL, "weather" is controlled.
They do not have to make anybody homeless. MOTHER NATURE is going to do the job all by herself. Mother Natures extremes are coming and getting worse. If you choose. You notice I say YOU CHOOSE to live in the Battle Grounds that being area's prone to Hurricanes and Flooding you are on your own. Get It. Nobody makes you live where you live and nobody is going to keep paying for you to stay there. Includeing the Insurance Companies when everybody knows whats coming and if your still in DENIAL just wait. You won't be for long.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4777394

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.....

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
~H. L. Mencken~

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
~Plato~

When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.
~Dresden James~
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27605885
United States
11/12/2012 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cancelled by home owner ins years ago. House is made from concrete & steel so no need to worry about storm or fire. Metal roof was an issue. It was cheaper & safer to just cut all the nearby trees down.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4281714
United States
11/12/2012 03:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Storms have always had names since Ancient Greece, when they named storms after the Deity and what emotion caused the storm.
This is part of our human history.
We should learn it and appreciate it.
G3

User ID: 497757
United States
11/12/2012 03:29 PM

Report Abusive Post

You or your wife.

AKICKING
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26836407
United States
11/12/2012 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1148772
United States
11/12/2012 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
To all you people who are on the FEMA camp band wagon...

This could be a blessing in disguise. Most people will not abandon their coastal property simply based on a rumor that there's a pending catastrophic event looming on their horizon sometime in the very near future. Forcing them out could very well save lives.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17011760
United States
11/12/2012 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Insurance Industry(Not unlike our politicians) is so crooked they have to screw their britches on in the morning !!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3987337
United States
11/12/2012 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

You or your wife.

They are now naming winter storms retard.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18226983
United States
11/12/2012 04:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think your wife should probably look for another career after hearing this idiocy.

NHC or NWS are the ones who have to designate the name. Just because some weather service starts doing it does NOT make it official. DOI would have a fit if an carriers tried denying claims on this basis.

Source: I am a commercial insurance underwriter.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1080525
United States
11/12/2012 05:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think your wife should probably look for another career after hearing this idiocy.

NHC or NWS are the ones who have to designate the name. Just because some weather service starts doing it does NOT make it official. DOI would have a fit if an carriers tried denying claims on this basis.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18226983

Why can't you just simply and objectively state your point -- I.E.: "Storms derive their official names from the NHC or NWS" without the petty name-calling -- I.E.: "I think your wife should look for a new career", etc.

This is a prime example of what's wrong with this society. The OP has posted an interesting thread to spark some intelligent conversation and you have to reply with this dicky remark like you're talking to someone you've been arguing with for hours. If you have something valuable or pertinent to add to the conversation, (which ironically, you actually do) just give the information without being such a cock.

Source: I am a sane human being.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 989322
United States
11/12/2012 06:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why can't you just simply and objectively state your point -- I.E.: "Storms derive their official names from the NHC or NWS" without the petty name-calling -- I.E.: "I think your wife should look for a new career", etc.

This is a prime example of what's wrong with this society. The OP has posted an interesting thread to spark some intelligent conversation and you have to reply with this dicky remark like you're talking to someone you've been arguing with for hours. If you have something valuable or pertinent to add to the conversation, (which ironically, you actually do) just give the information without being such a cock.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1080525

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25861717
United States
11/12/2012 06:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
What names did they choose that makes it so creepy?
Angelic_Warrior

User ID: 23290196
United States
11/12/2012 06:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1080525

clappa clappa
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
I Corinthians 2:14

God doesn't choose favorites.. They choose HIM

It is not the greatness of my faith that moves mountains but my faith in the greatness of God
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1317305
United States
11/12/2012 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP Quotes .... "I did find it hard to find anything about named storm coverage besides coastal areas"

Brutus was an inland storm, hitting the upper midwest and north western United States, it wasn't THAT bad, and the fact that they gave it a name was really really weird , like it was some monster storm which it was not really at all. I think it is a fear mongering tactic, and it kinda worked on me. I was like " whoa, they have never named a winter storm before that has hit my area" And i literally felt some fear like it was something terrible heading this way, which it wasn't at all. We got a foot of snow out of it and it dropped the temps down to the single digits for a couple of nights and 20s in the day , not that bad. So I don't like this nameing winter storms thing...something about it just doesn't seem ok...thanks for posting this idea, but I think it is more then Insurance blah blah blah...
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/12/2012 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25861717

well they named a typical winter storm "Brutus", that hit the northwest and upper mid west. First time they have ever named a winter storm of a normal type, which this was...
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/12/2012 06:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25861717

And it isn't the name of the storm it is the fact that they are giving normal winter storms names now. That is the creepy part. It was very fear mongering, effectively.
Digital Rapture

User ID: 13929026
United States
11/12/2012 06:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
bsflag

GLP