David dIcke Debunked in 19 Seconds

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 839405
United Kingdom
11/14/2012 07:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: David dIcke Debunked in 19 Seconds
The fact that the man has so many people talking about him, shows just how good he is.

Anyone who believes 100% of anything someone says, needs to have their head checked, and quite frankly, are the worst type of sheep on the planet.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27531739

Let's try and consider all possibilities...

Icke might not only be popular because he's good, there are other theories out there you know. I don't think anyone doubts Icke's a good speaker but there may be much more to his popularity than that.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23082377

the man is a slick business man, making a fortune from gullible people. a fool and his money are soon parted, and the sharks know where they're at alright.

icke's public speaking tours are actually vacations to exotic places where he makes a fortune from idiots who pay to listen to his crap, not to mention buy his books, dvd's, keyrings at every venue. then he goes back to his luxury hotel where he gets waited on hand and foot by room service.

the man is a ruthless money grabber.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27720223
Germany
11/14/2012 07:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
To the OP: No one in the field has all of the answers, but Icke has many of them. The HUGE pedophile rings that he spoke about for years is an example.

Believing what YOU want while allowing others to make up their own minds is the path you could choose to follow.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9597522

The more information people have the better choices they can make. More information being available only helps people to make better decisions.

Do you want to know what Icke has actually done to "HUGE pedophile rings"?

I have to post the following video which I ran across. This guy is laughing at what you just said because of Icke and his totally irresponsible 'reporting':

How is Icke helping to expose anything when people are having that reaction?

And, actually, the reaction is totally appropriate and correct by normal standards. The guy is trying to examine Icke's article like a normal person would, taking it on its own merit.

Do you really expect others to be deterred because some may "laugh"?

Laugh all you want. It won't change anyone's beliefs or what they decide to research.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27720223

You're ignoring why the person is ridiculing and laughing at David dIcke, look at the title of the video:

David dIcke the man with no evidence

Who takes someone with no evidence seriously?

Let me repeat what I stated which you totally ignored:

An unbiased observer might say that he's discrediting the issues far more than exposing them. As is pointed out in the video above, it's Icke's total irresponsibility that causes people to laugh and rightfully so by normal standards.

If you feel that's irresponsible, that's ok. Others don't. And that's ok, too.

Yes, I do ignore those who laugh or ridicule.

Anyone can laugh or ridicule as they want. It won't change anything.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/14/2012 07:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
The fact that the man has so many people talking about him, shows just how good he is.

Anyone who believes 100% of anything someone says, needs to have their head checked, and quite frankly, are the worst type of sheep on the planet.

Icke might not only be popular because he's good, there are other theories out there you know. I don't think anyone doubts Icke's a good speaker but there may be much more to his popularity than that.

the man is a slick business man, making a fortune from gullible people. a fool and his money are soon parted, and the sharks know where they're at alright.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 839405

I've read all his books, and don't seem to be any the worse off financially for it.

I'm still doing ok.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2134890
Sweden
11/14/2012 07:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
its all about making money
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/14/2012 07:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Has there been a more arrogant leader in modern history?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23254866

You're giving WAY too much time to this because you've convinced yourself into believing that he's some kind of "leader."

He's a speaker. That's it...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1129812

He doesn't want the message to get out. So he resorts to this ridicule.

Very old trick. Hasn't worked so far, though.

His venues get bigger and bigger each year.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 839405
United Kingdom
11/14/2012 07:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

I've read all his books, and don't seem to be any the worse off financially for it.

I'm still doing ok.

well, he's stolen your mind and indoctrinated it with falsehoods. that's even more damaging.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/14/2012 07:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

I'm still doing ok.

well, he's stolen your mind and indoctrinated it with falsehoods. that's even more damaging.

Stolen my mind? That's pretty funny, especially since you have no idea about anything of what I believe.

Nope, my mind is quite my own. I read quite a variety of sources of info, don't adhere to one or the other religiously.

Just let the info come and discern for myself.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23082377
United States
11/14/2012 08:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
He doesn't want the message to get out.

No, I'm trying to provide information. The more information people have the better choices they can make. More information being available only helps people to make better decisions.

Again, what I'm doing is no different than what Icke has made a career out of:

I'm pointing out the actions and statements of a public figure and the significance of those actions and statements.

The difference between Icke and myself is that I can point to actual evidence to back up what I'm saying but Icke usually can't.

Let me repeat this because it was ignored when I posted it the first time:

Any of the following four points (and these are just the main points) would cause to me to stop listening to David dIcke.

But, this goes deeper than that. Anyone who can support #3 below is no one I even want to ever speak to or deal with. It's a person who could believe ANYTHING. And I don't have a problem with it because it's too unbelievable or "out there" or anything. I've looked at Icke's evidence for the moon matrix theory...he has NONE. That doesn't stop him from presenting it as if it's fact. All of that is bad enough but for people to actually believe it based on Icke's theorizing and nothing else (he claims that ancient legends support it but it's not true) is totally crazy or something worse.

1. Icke has a huge contradiction concerning one of his main claims (see the original post in this thread).

"To believe in a contradiction is to abdicate your belief in the existence of the world around you and the nature of the things in it, to instead embrace any random impulse that strikes your fancy - to imagine something is real simply because you wish it were.A thing is what it is, it is itself. There can be no contradictions. In reality, contradictions cannot exist. To believe in them you must abandon the most important thing you possess:your rational mind. The wager for such a bargain is your life. In such an exchange, you always lose what you have at stake." - Terry Goodkind

2. "Icke" fits the criteria of a charlatan.

David dIcke claimed to be a prophet in 2006 (see the video below). Icke fits the definition of a charlatan because when someone has made multiple predictions that have failed to come to pass but they continue to call themselves a prophet, such as:

Icke claimed Saddam Hussein was dead 1991 (not 2006 when he actually died).

"In defiance of Icke's predictions for the early 1990s, Cuba is still to be found on the map of the real world, New York City remains upright and the white cliffs of Dover are still standing."

Read more: [link to www.dailymail.co.uk]

3. Icke is leading people to the following insane beliefs:

"Since my little bundle with David dIcke and of course him owning himself so spectacularly by claiming that the moon is a giant spacecraft inhabited by aliens controlling us with mind rays, I've had PMs from people, two lots of PMs. One is, "Thank you for waking me up I didn't actually realize what I was doing, I just got caught in this stuff."....

Do this: go and start telling your friends and all your families and your workmates and everyone that you meet, start telling them that you believe what David dIcke has said. You believe that the moon is a giant spaceship full of aliens controlling us with mind rays....

You discover that your wife has been having an affair behind your back and you say to her, "Why did you do it?" And she says, "I'm sorry baby but the aliens in the moon with the mind rays, they made me do it. It's not my fault." Are you gonna believe her? Are you? I don't think you are, are you? But, you see, this is the problem. If you're prepared to accept that the moon is a giant spaceship full of aliens controlling you with mind rays then you're gonna have to accept that your wife or your girlfriend or your husband or whoever one day can turn around and say that to you..."

The above is quoted from this video:

4. Icke saying "Japan is over" is irresponsible at the very least. He has no credentials, background, or expertise to make such a judgment.

Wouldn't it be awful if his fans in Japan and the rest of the world were scared to death because they think he's a prophet and that what he says will come to pass?

I hate to see unnecessary suffering like that. How about you?

So he resorts to this ridicule.

What have I done in this thread that can be called ridicule?

I called Icke arrogant. Do you know what the word arrogant means?

making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.

If you believe I'm wrong in my assessment that Icke is arrogant then you're gonna have to debunk the video in the original post of this thread. Otherwise, the word arrogant accurately describes Icke.

Very old trick. Hasn't worked so far, though.

Presenting evidence is a trick?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2012 08:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
This Woody Allen joke sums up David dIcke fans pretty well (metaphorically speaking):

“Some people have claimed that your films are narcissistic.”
“Yes, many people have said that about me over the years, but I don’t think it’s true. If I were to say which Greek God I take after, I would definitely not say Narcissus.”
“Who would you say?”
“Zeus.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15672058
Canada
11/14/2012 08:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

red herring
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15672058

That's entirely up to you.

so you're saying if i now say that i have never said that icke said that the mayan end is huge, you would see no contradiction between that statement and some of my above ones?

I've already addressed that. In his last 2 books, he spoke on that topic and what he previously believed.

Apparently, that's what you are stuck on.

I'm not trying to change your mind. If he isn't your cup of tea, that's ok.

I just read info, from many different sources. I can accept the info, or disregard, depending on what I discern.

ignore everything regarding icke for the moment and focus on the below:

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

now answer this question:
1) did i ever say x?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2012 08:40 AM
Report Abusive Post

Why wouldn't people hold Icke to at least the standards of a typical newspaper in his journalism?

I would love your opinion on which of the following standards Icke is actually following in his journalism?

Accuracy and standards for factual reporting

Reporters are expected to be as accurate as possible given the time allotted to story preparation and the space available, and to seek reliable sources.
Events with a single eyewitness are reported with attribution. Events with two or more independent eyewitnesses may be reported as fact. Controversial facts are reported with attribution.
Independent fact-checking by another employee of the publisher is desirable
Corrections are published when errors are discovered
Defendants at trial are treated only as having "allegedly" committed crimes, until conviction, when their crimes are generally reported as fact (unless, that is, there is serious controversy about wrongful conviction).
Opinion surveys and statistical information deserve special treatment to communicate in precise terms any conclusions, to contextualize the results, and to specify accuracy, including estimated error and methodological criticism or flaws.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2012 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

so you're saying if i now say that i have never said that icke said that the mayan end is huge, you would see no contradiction between that statement and some of my above ones?

I've already addressed that. In his last 2 books, he spoke on that topic and what he previously believed.

I just read info, from many different sources. I can accept the info, or disregard, depending on what I discern.

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

I didn't know about that. When you take that into consideration with the following, this is getting pretty scary in my opinion:

On the David "Icke" Forum after it was pointed out that the TV show "The Price is Right" is still on TV in 2012 although Icke predicted the show wouldn't be on TV in 2012 (because the world would be so different by 2012), someone actually posted the following:

"The program is no longer made and is no longer shown on mainstream TV."

CBS isn't considered mainstream TV?

"Television’s longest-running game show begins its 41st season on the CBS Television Network Fall 2012."

[link to www.cbspressexpress.com]

It's becoming increasingly apparent in my opinion that Icke and his fans have vacated to the Twilight Zone.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/14/2012 08:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

I didn't know about that. When you take that into consideration with the following, this is getting pretty scary in my opinion:

On the David "Icke" Forum after it was pointed out that the TV show "The Price is Right" is still on TV in 2012 although Icke predicted the show wouldn't be on TV in 2012 (because the world would be so different by 2012), someone actually posted the following:

"Television’s longest-running game show begins its 41st season on the CBS Television Network Fall 2012."

It's becoming increasingly apparent in my opinion that Icke and his fans have vacated to the Twilight Zone.

i don't think that was meant by icke. in the "biggest secret" he said that you won't be watching the "price is right" because there are so many changes from 2012 going on (the ones he apparently never believed in). sort of like you wouldn't be watching the "price is right" or any other tv show if there was nuclear war happening, not because it was cancelled per se but because so much is going on
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2012 08:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

i don't think that was meant by icke. in the "biggest secret" he said that you won't be watching the "price is right" because there are so many changes from 2012 going on (the ones he apparently never believed in). sort of like you wouldn't be watching the "price is right" or any other tv show if there was nuclear war happening, not because it was cancelled per se but because so much is going on

Start watching this video at about 10 minutes 45 seconds:

"Now, one thing's for sure, at that time, "The Price is Right" ain't gonna be on the telly. Because this world is gonna be very very different by then." - David dIcke speaking about 2012.

Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2012 08:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

"Now, one thing's for sure, at that time, "The Price is Right" ain't gonna be on the telly. Because this world is gonna be very very different by then." - David dIcke speaking about 2012.

I'm sorry wrong video:

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1069792
Germany
11/14/2012 09:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

No, I'm trying to provide information. The more information people have the better choices they can make.

thanks. But I think we will all get by ok digging thru it ourselves.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2012 09:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

No, I'm trying to provide information. The more information people have the better choices they can make.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1069792

Who's "we"? Who are you speaking for?
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/14/2012 09:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

Not sure what you mean. But you sure have a lot invested in this, it seems.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/14/2012 09:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

that video is under 2 mins so i can't. regardless that quote is similar to what he wrote in the "biggest secret" in that 2012 is so super duper with so much going on, we'll hardly be wasting our time on the trivial. i don't think it was meant to be a prediction
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/14/2012 09:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

Why wouldn't people hold Icke to at least the standards of a typical newspaper in his journalism?

I would love your opinion on which of the following standards Icke is actually following in his journalism?

He is not a journalist. So, not relevant.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/14/2012 09:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

where did i lose you regarding this simple scenario:

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/14/2012 09:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

I guess you are a big Price is Right fan. Weird obsession, but to each his own.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/14/2012 09:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

Who's "we"? Who are you speaking for?

Me and my crew.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2012 09:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

that video is under 2 mins so i can't. regardless that quote is similar to what he wrote in the "biggest secret" in that 2012 is so super duper with so much going on, we'll hardly be wasting our time on the trivial. i don't think it was meant to be a prediction

Sorry, I made a mistake. Start watching this video at about 10 minutes 45 seconds:

Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/14/2012 09:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

I have already said I don't know what that means.

If you aren't into the guy, that's cool. Nobody wants you to be, if you don't want to.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27734827
United States
11/14/2012 09:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
ic.ke is impossible to debunk as 99 percent of what he says is documented fact
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1330509

BINGO!
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/14/2012 09:17 AM
Report Abusive Post

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

If you aren't into the guy, that's cool. Nobody wants you to be, if you don't want to.

red herring again. let me help out some more

1) i said x (are you lost here?)
2) 10 minutes elapse (are you lost here?)
3) i never said x (are you lost here?)

now answer this question: (are you lost here?)
1) did i ever say x? (are you lost here?)

--
there are 5 places where i put "(are you lost here?)". simply replace each one where you get lost
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/14/2012 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
ic.ke is impossible to debunk as 99 percent of what he says is documented fact

BINGO!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27734827

He sure is interesting reading. The Biggest Secret certainly was an eye opener. It's a good book to start for someone just getting up to speed on things.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/14/2012 09:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

1) i said x
2) 10 minutes elapse
3) i never said x

1) did i ever say x?

red herring again. let me help out some more

1) i said x (are you lost here?)
2) 10 minutes elapse (are you lost here?)
3) i never said x (are you lost here?)

now answer this question: (are you lost here?)
1) did i ever say x? (are you lost here?)

--
there are 5 places where i put "(are you lost here?)". simply replace each one where you get lost

I have to assume you are maybe posting on the wrong thread. (without realizing it) This thread was about Ic.ke.

I can't do your riddles, sorry.

You can say "red herring" again, if you wish.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22070412
United States
11/14/2012 09:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
1. Why do you call him David Dicke, when his name is David dIcke?

2. Who gives a fuck about David dIcke or what he says?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27606808

the children being raped tortured and murdered by the criminal illuminati elite everyday, might care about what ic.ke says, stupid, considering ic.ke is one of the few people on the planet exposing these sadistic pedos

what a "co-incidense" the opposition is always controlled... Mr. Icke no exception...

GLP