Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,874 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 353,545
Pageviews Today: 582,606Threads Today: 196Posts Today: 3,497
08:05 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Jordan Protests - Game Changer - Moslem Brotherhood TRYING TO SAVE Jordan's King?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23406708
United States
11/13/2012 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Jordan Protests - Game Changer - Moslem Brotherhood TRYING TO SAVE Jordan's King?
GOTO PAGE 4 FOR HOW MOSLEM BROTHERHOOD-LED EGYPT IS TRYING TO SAVE JORDAN'S KING - BOTTOM OF PAGE (POST 27 ON PAGE)

Rena Netjes (@RenaNetjes)
11/13/12, 5:35 PM
Is it Egypt that helped spark tonight's demo's in Jordan? Cutting of Egyptian gas cost the Jordanian govt 2 bln USD #ONtv

Protests break out in Jordan, mention king by name

As of this writing, protesters are amassing in Amman, the capital, in a demonstration that was initially sparked by cuts to fuel subsidies but have come to more directly address the country’s governing system, including King Abdullah himself.

Local media report protests in several other Jordanian cities. Demonstrations in the country’s south have “become commonplace over the past year,” George Washington University Professor Marc Lynch said, pointing to this article on “tribal dissent” in the kingdom.

[link to www.washingtonpost.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/13/2012 07:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Jordan Protests - Game Changer - Moslem Brotherhood TRYING TO SAVE Jordan's King?
protestors are singing songs that King needs to go...

ilhan tanir (@WashingtonPoint)
11/13/12, 6:53 PM
RT“@Freedom_Jordan: NOW: Ali Baba and the 40 thieves - a song created by Jordanians referring to King Abdullah and 40 other thieves"

Internet is down....Unable to obtain feeds from Jordan...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/13/2012 07:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Jordan Protests - Game Changer - Moslem Brotherhood TRYING TO SAVE Jordan's King?
CNN Producer in Jordan...

jomana karadsheh (@JomanaCNN)
11/13/12, 7:23 PM
@bungdan think it's most critical time since protests started almost 2 yrs ago
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26238410
Canada
11/13/2012 07:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
This should be pinned.

Who's next Morocco...this is bad news, Jordan is one of the only places I would visit there.

I hope they crush em.

bump
SaveUSa

User ID: 20038946
United States
11/13/2012 07:35 PM

Report Abusive Post
Gee, what a surprise.

Who woulda thunk it...
Within the surreal depths of "reality" lies the truth.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/13/2012 07:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
weddady (@weddady)
11/13/12, 7:35 PM
;@eman‬‎: electricity cut in several areas in;#Amman news about a decision to break & disperse protests

Internet not cut in all areas - electricity cuts in areas near protests taking Internet access down...

Who protests at 3am....

Libya is the only Arab Spring country that had protests that began in the middle of the night (until now) - we know how that went...
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/13/2012 07:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
The people complain prices are getting too high..

Well fuck...they multiply like cockroaches but barely work or have resources.

It's simple math.

If they create chaos...prices will certainly not go down.
They might be as stupid as Egyptians. Who fucked up their economy and will now suck on Uncle Sam cock even more.

The money given to Israel is chump change compared to what as been given to failed Arab states.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/13/2012 07:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
This should be pinned.

Who's next Morocco...this is bad news, Jordan is one of the only places I would visit there.

I hope they crush em.

bump
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26238410

multiple journalists/think tank types on tweeter are all saying Morocco is next....
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/13/2012 07:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Who protests at 3am...."

Jordanian police and army are better trained than most in the region. Goodluck to them.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/13/2012 07:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's simple math.

They might be as stupid as Egyptians. Who fucked up their economy and will now suck on Uncle Sam cock even more.

The money given to Israel is chump change compared to what as been given to failed Arab states.

So do you have opinion on this?

Actually, I know multiple Arab conspiracy theorists who say CIA is the power behind the throne in Jordan. So, if they are failure, they are Team USA's failure ... Just sayin...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/13/2012 07:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Who protests at 3am...."

Jordanian police and army are better trained than most in the region. Goodluck to them.

Libyans were a complete joke...and they held on for months...
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/13/2012 07:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
This should be pinned.

I hope they crush em.

bump

multiple journalists/think tank types on tweeter are all saying Morocco is next....
 Quoting: DarbyDoom

It's a monarchy there too. Sad because these places never bother anyone and live peacefully.

I ain't saying they aren't hard on civilians or anything. But let's face it...if I was running a country full of fanatics, Saddam would look like Santa...lol
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/13/2012 07:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tonight's protests already on YouTube....

Do you see the Hashemites in foreground?

not good...
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/13/2012 07:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's simple math.

So do you have opinion on this?

Actually, I know multiple Arab conspiracy theorists who say CIA is the power behind the throne in Jordan. So, if they are failure, they are Team USA's failure ... Just sayin...

USA just lost influence in Egypt and Libya, they couldn't afford to lose more.

They overthrew Gaddafi because he was now working with us and ceded is nuke program discretely. Canada lost major contracts there..same for France,Spain,Italy etc.

We only helped once we saw 'they' where winning. We damaged control and bet on the winning horse once the race was practically over.

Pretending to be on rebels side knowing we had eveything to lose not to.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25512421
United States
11/13/2012 07:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
You can't govern a wild people for very long. It's just in their nature to be radical. Look at all the trouble they have caused and how many former kings or muslim leaders have been killed lately.

The natives will always be restless in that part of the world.

But this has been the plan, and so they are compelled to act out and cause the destabilization necessary for the one world gubmint to take control. Sometime this century, the camel dookie will hit the fan for real.

And hello you breath of fresh air miss DD.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22323395
United States
11/13/2012 07:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
You guys should stop complaining about the Muslim Brotherhood, they're the only viable popular voice in most of the arab world. Yes they have fanatic factions, but those will wither if we can engage the mainstream.

Aw, wtf am i saying, this is GLP.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/13/2012 08:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
You guys should stop complaining about the Muslim Brotherhood, they're the only viable popular voice in most of the arab world. Yes they have fanatic factions, but those will wither if we can engage the mainstream.

Aw, wtf am i saying, this is GLP.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22323395

I do not Trust them at all...

Look at Tunisia... They said all the right things as they were taking over, but behind the scenes (and on hidden camera) they fully admit they want to take the country back to the 9th century... This was a "nation of shopkeepers" with a large number of educated middle class women...

In 10 years they will be in civil war, or all the women be wearing burqas...

The problem, IMO, is that the most backward ass lunatics in the Arab World are sitting on an almost infinite money supply....

They are using their unbelievable cash flow to spread their insanity...

I have family in West Virginia... They are nice enough...But if you gave them $200B/year pretty soon they'd be trying to force their snake-handling Jesus freakery on everyone....That's exactly what's happened in the Middle East...

And I don't buy the whole Arabs are dumb argument either....Sure the Persian Gulf Princes who have been marrying their 1st cousins for generations have some intellectual challenges, but go to you local cardiologist. Many of them are nice ladies/gentlemen from Jordan/Syria...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27648237
Canada
11/13/2012 08:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

^^^ THIS ^^^
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/13/2012 08:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

^^^ THIS ^^^

motive....what is it.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/13/2012 08:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
First MSM report stating that protests are being held in multiple cities....

Jordan protesters take to streets over fuel price rises

Jordanian authorities have increased security measures across the country. Protests have been held in several Jordanian cities against increases in fuel price, following the lifting of government subsidies.

Protestors gathered in a main square in Amman....Other cities where protests were reported included Salt, Irbid and Maan.

[link to www.bbc.co.uk]
insertfunnyusername

User ID: 27379248
Greece
11/13/2012 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Great, just what the world needed. Can't wait for Qatar and KSA to taste their own medicine sometime soon.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/13/2012 08:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Great, just what the world needed. Can't wait for Qatar and KSA to taste their own medicine sometime soon.
 Quoting: insertfunnyusername

Hi IFUN....

This website is supposed to have live coverage of protests in Amman....

Doesn't work on my IPAD - but that might be b/c I'm on IPAD...

I think it's under protest on ROTOR...(I presume mis-translation of roadway)...

[link to translate.google.com]
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/13/2012 08:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

What is Greece's own medicine....
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/13/2012 08:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hi IFUN....

This website is supposed to have live coverage of protests in Amman....

Doesn't work on my IPAD - but that might be b/c I'm on IPAD...

I think it's under protest on ROTOR...(I presume mis-translation of roadway)...

[link to translate.google.com]

Hi DD, thnx for stream, they are chanting loudly for now. Check if this is working for you, it's not in the same packed place as the other one though.
[link to mubasher.aljazeera.net]

Big police force also.
[link to www.rightnow.io]

Was also just reading this about the Qatari emir.
[link to translate.google.gr]
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/13/2012 08:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Is this a question?

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 11/13/2012 08:55 PM
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/13/2012 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Is this a question? 1dunno1

Yeah...my keyboard swallowed some rum and I can't make a question mark.

dcomp beer2
Anonymous Coward
Canada
11/13/2012 08:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

Is this a question?

Be careful what you wish for....my 2 cents.
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/13/2012 08:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Is this a question? 1dunno1

Yeah...my keyboard swallowed some rum and I can't make a question mark.

dcomp beer2

Ooww, sorry to hear that, only medicine is complete default and some very hard years, anything else like haircuts and expansions is can-kicking.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/13/2012 09:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

IFUN,

Do you know why the chose to protest at night?

Is it b/c of police presence /restrictions on movement during day?

Or b/c it's harder for police to use cameras to identify them to round them up later?

The middle of the night protests in Libya were because they planned to storm police stations/armories & they were less guarded at night...

But doesn't look violent in Jordan...Angry...but not violent...
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/13/2012 09:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Is this a question?

Be careful what you wish for....my 2 cents.

Hardly comparable situations, but whatever.
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/13/2012 09:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

IFUN,

Do you know why the chose to protest at night?

Is it b/c of police presence /restrictions on movement during day?

Or b/c it's harder for police to use cameras to identify them to round them up later?

The middle of the night protests in Libya were because they planned to storm police stations/armories & they were less guarded at night...

But doesn't look violent in Jordan...Angry...but not violent...

Honestly dunno, i hope it won't get violent, Jordan is far more organized than Libya as a state, don't think something will happen tonight, but this "revolution" thing won't stop for sure.

GLP