Google's Top Secret Video Game Revealed

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25447468
United States
11/16/2012 01:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Google's Top Secret Video Game Revealed
Maybe this isn't about a video Game. It's much much deeper than that.

Peace
 Quoting: AwakenedDude

How so?

I got the impression that this is being made to appeal to the "cosmopolitan" middle-20s-to-early-30s-something living in the big city with too much free time and cash on his hands. I honestly can't see how it can go deeper than that.

Unless of course you take into consideration my earlier point about how video games in general are rotting minds and contributing to the downfall and degeneracy of society (and who could forget the intentional conditioning involved with 1st person shooters?). Other than that, and the obvious opportunities for spying, what else do you see??

I mean seriously, FunCom came out with stories very similar to this, with the whole alternate realities, magic/science, chemisty/alchemy, good secret society vs bad, etc, many times in the past. Conspiracy/new age is a new and growing market niche people are attempting to capitalize on, a la our friend that stood us up tonight on the glp livestream.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24883093

So..basically..everyone is after you?
Blitz the storm-striker

User ID: 27815086
Canada
11/16/2012 01:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
yeah i dont think i'll be playing that
 Quoting: Mind1ess

Nope. Me either.

Next!
 Quoting: Éireann

but you are already playing it! "so they want you to think".

We are not the players! we are the programmers!
To live is to believe in the power of dreams! To dream is to believe in the power of love! To love is to Know the truth!
The Desire to Be fuel the belief that you Are which ignite the Will to Become which bring back forth the desire to be...
Let it be-come you! It means Stop seeking your higher self! It is seeking you! Stand still in your mind to calm the waters of your mind and then it shall find you, so you can ride those waves together!
your true self lies somewhere between your heart and your consciousness. It is called the heart consciousness,which is the creator, which is you!
The heart create the emotions and our mind evoke its purpose, from which we dream the life we live in order to imagine the nature of reality and finally remember love!

The highest Purpose of our mind is the ability to Forget! Go on and Forgive yourself!
There is no love in truth but there is truth in love!
Be authentic, nobody else can do it for you!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27851600
United States
11/16/2012 01:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
holy shit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17938575
Canada
11/16/2012 01:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
spock
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11541429
United States
11/16/2012 01:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

Peace

How so?

I got the impression that this is being made to appeal to the "cosmopolitan" middle-20s-to-early-30s-something living in the big city with too much free time and cash on his hands. I honestly can't see how it can go deeper than that.

Unless of course you take into consideration my earlier point about how video games in general are rotting minds and contributing to the downfall and degeneracy of society (and who could forget the intentional conditioning involved with 1st person shooters?). Other than that, and the obvious opportunities for spying, what else do you see??

I mean seriously, FunCom came out with stories very similar to this, with the whole alternate realities, magic/science, chemisty/alchemy, good secret society vs bad, etc, many times in the past. Conspiracy/new age is a new and growing market niche people are attempting to capitalize on, a la our friend that stood us up tonight on the glp livestream.

Yes but Funcom doesn't already own half the world!
BAD WOLF

User ID: 23496149
United States
11/16/2012 01:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
More programing to keep the sheeple distracted and asleep, I think. Something to keep them from questioning and looking further into what's going on in the world... atleast that's what I got from it.
"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool"- Stephen King
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14011374
United States
11/16/2012 01:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
looks to me like it will get people up and walking around. something many Americans can use.
Proskiracer

User ID: 24295617
United States
11/16/2012 01:28 AM

Report Abusive Post
So taking over an area with your "faction" will gain you points...! Gang warfare electronic style, now with nerds.

Imaging playing this game and you are competing with someone else and they notice you trying to take their factions land... And they kick the shit out of you..... Then you bring your friends and take the area kick the shit out of the other dude.... Then dude comes.back and kills.you and claims the land in the army of google team 213 who rule this shit.. Until they met google team 5150 it was a mess....

FUCK google...bonghit
THINK ABOUT THIS!

The universe created life to be observed, without an observer, it never existed. So it is a mathematical proof that the universe created life.
balthuuu

User ID: 14434601
Finland
11/16/2012 01:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
That's some big ass map. coffee4
Love is not the game, life is.
-
When we wake up in this "reality" every morning, we are actually falling asleep, because only in our dreams we are truly awake.
-
We are not our body, nor our mind. We are not the voice in our body, nor our head. We are the the here and now, experiencing without any input from either of the mentioned above.
-
It's not about others forgiving you, but whether you can forgive yourself.
-
It doesn't take much energy to make the wrong decision. But to make the right one, you have to put every fiber of your being to it.
-
I know i have a lot to work on. But knowing that there's no hairy ass man in the clouds to judge me when I have little bit of fun on the expense of someone elses ignorance, makes life a whole lot easier.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24883093
United States
11/16/2012 01:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

Peace

How so?

Quoting: 1nf1del

Very true.

Also I've been thinking more about this and how benevolent our friends over at Google are...

No one does things for free. No one, not even our magnanimous and deeply philanthropic friends over at Google.

Making video games is a LOT of work. They have to be getting something else out of it. It's naive (or just plain stupid) to think otherwise. The question is, what?? What's in it for them?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9788321
United States
11/16/2012 01:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Holy fucking shit.

THIS IS A WAY TO ENSURE EVERYONE IS TRACKED AND CONTROLLED AT ALL TIMES.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 01:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Holy fucking shit.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9788321

See, that's just it...I thought cell phones already did that...automatically...for like 10 years now.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 01:40 AM
Report Abusive Post

Peace

How so?

Quoting: 1nf1del

Very true.

Also I've been thinking more about this and how benevolent our friends over at Google are...

No one does things for free. No one, not even our magnanimous and deeply philanthropic friends over at Google.

Making video games is a LOT of work. They have to be getting something else out of it. It's naive (or just plain stupid) to think otherwise. The question is, what?? What's in it for them?

Yes, you are onto something with this!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 01:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Holy fucking shit.

See, that's just it...I thought cell phones already did that...automatically...for like 10 years now.

Many people turn off their gps to conserve battery. This is tied directly to your Google account. This will also allow TPTB to mobilize people wherever and whenever they want through "hotspots" or "geocaches".

This is a pilot program for a much more advanced system that will be directly tied to an RFID chip planted directly within your body.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Of course, it could be something as ridiculous as they're simply trying to resurrect google+ by integrating with this somehow. That's a reasonable explanation.

The spying part...yeah, it's creepy, but no one seems to really care about that anymore. I mean, seriously, just head over to FB and see how many people are telling you the last time the took a shit.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Holy fucking shit.

Though true, you can turn off the GPS locator in your phone!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 01:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
And of course.... without this app they have no legal right to collect that information indiscriminately at all times without your permission.

This app sounds like the perfect excuse for you to agree to allow them to track you 24/7
girlonfire

User ID: 27205667
United States
11/16/2012 01:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Another rich toy for expensive rich first wolrd bored kids with tons of cash laying around
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27744688

So now free games on cell phones are considered rich toys for rich kids? With all the budget phones and tablets popping up everyone has a phone these days. Bitter much?

Last Edited by girlonfire on 11/16/2012 01:49 AM
girlonfire
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 01:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
There's a lot to think about here.

I just want to point out one last thing here, and that's the logo for "INGRESS"

It's a Tesseract hypercube with a triangle inside instead of a cube.

The tesseract, as many of you may already know, relates to 4d or the 4th dimension, as so wonderfully outlined by carl sagan:

[link to www.youtube.com]
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 01:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is sinister. Anyone who get's drawn into this web of frivolous deception deserves what's coming to them. I don't even own a cell phone anymore.
girlonfire

User ID: 27205667
United States
11/16/2012 01:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
So taking over an area with your "faction" will gain you points...! Gang warfare electronic style, now with nerds.

Imaging playing this game and you are competing with someone else and they notice you trying to take their factions land... And they kick the shit out of you..... Then you bring your friends and take the area kick the shit out of the other dude.... Then dude comes.back and kills.you and claims the land in the army of google team 213 who rule this shit.. Until they met google team 5150 it was a mess....

FUCK google...bonghit
 Quoting: Proskiracer

OMG, nerd turf wars! doomsol
girlonfire
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25658088
United States
11/16/2012 01:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Fuck that. No thank you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14011374
United States
11/16/2012 01:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
You can only turn off the GPS for user control, not for carrier control. In addition to this the location of the phone can be seen by signal triangulation with cell towers. Oh, and location can be traced easily by which Wi-Fi signals are available. Of you own a cell phone you have no privacy.

Hell, apps like Color and YouTube can turn on your camera and mic to record and send data back to their servers even when you are not using the apps.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 01:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
You can only turn off the GPS for user control, not for carrier control. In addition to this the location of the phone can be seen by signal triangulation with cell towers. Oh, and location can be traced easily by which Wi-Fi signals are available. Of you own a cell phone you have no privacy.

Hell, apps like Color and YouTube can turn on your camera and mic to record and send data back to their servers even when you are not using the apps.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14011374

Hence why I no longer own a cell phone. It's liberating to the highest degree.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13361883
South Korea
11/16/2012 02:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
There is a “world within our world.” Portals are beginning to open up all over the globe, but can only be sensed by a select few. These portals begin pouring out exotic matter. Is this the next step in human enlightenment, or are these portals something dangerous that should be resisted?

yeah... subtle
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26759638

ROFL
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 02:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
And of course.... without this app they have no legal right to collect that information indiscriminately at all times without your permission.

This app sounds like the perfect excuse for you to agree to allow them to track you 24/7

All I can say is, well played, google.

Think about it! In the past, you needed a search warrant or subpoena for spying/searching. By using the app, you will most likely give google permission to infringe on your privacy WITHOUT any of that legal red tape, you'll probably also give them permission to use that collected data in any manner they see fit...

And the best part of all is, the people will BEG to use this app.

Everything is getting clearer now.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16678904
United States
11/16/2012 02:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Your answer to this question determines whether you play Ingress on the side of The Enlightened, hoping to awaken more citizens, or The Resistance, hoping to protect the population from these forces."

I would think that these two options wouldn't be diametrically apposed, but, one in the same...

some nice programming there goooooooogle, in more ways than one...

Anyone else catch that? just me?

fuck it, like I have time to play games, I don't even have time to talk on a phone, HELL, I DON'T EVEN OWN ONE!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1490625
Russia
11/16/2012 02:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
idk I'm not really impressed.

I've always thought video games will eventually evolve into something where a person actually has to interact physically. Like holograms or VR helmets or whatever...you know, you're whole mind is immersed instead of just holding a controller and staring at a screen.

Now, do I think Google has nefarious motives and is probably up to something? Google? The company who's slogan is "don't be evil" or whatever? I couldn't believe that. YEAH RIGHT.

If anything, they're probably testing how popular this new "interactive" gaming idea will work...and also track you and spy on you and whatever else.

Ultimately, it sounds like advancing sci-fi and nothing more. I don't doubt the story line is true. My mind is open to a lot of things, but I doubt a video game is going to open a portal to hell in real life.

Although, video games opening up portals to hell in real life could certainly happen, through channels of degeneracy. But I guess I'm talking physical fire and brimstone type stuff. lol.

What the fuck are you idiots talking about? Google and Apple are already spying on you and tracking you! They are probably even listening to you right now.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27713977
United States
11/16/2012 02:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

FUCK google...bonghit
 Quoting: Proskiracer

Yep.
Blitz the storm-striker

User ID: 27815086
Canada
11/16/2012 02:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
the best way to hide something is to not hide it for those that has the eyes to see and ears to hear!

an open software that track you all the time would infuriate anyone! and people would refuse it straight away!

But implement this a online game that requires you to be always online otherwise you can get attacked at anytime.

and if your not online you can not deffend your territory!

it's basicly a gps tracking system disguised as a game so that people accept it!

Google really push the idea of having us "fighting each another" instead of Fighting the machine!
To live is to believe in the power of dreams! To dream is to believe in the power of love! To love is to Know the truth!
The Desire to Be fuel the belief that you Are which ignite the Will to Become which bring back forth the desire to be...
Let it be-come you! It means Stop seeking your higher self! It is seeking you! Stand still in your mind to calm the waters of your mind and then it shall find you, so you can ride those waves together!
your true self lies somewhere between your heart and your consciousness. It is called the heart consciousness,which is the creator, which is you!
The heart create the emotions and our mind evoke its purpose, from which we dream the life we live in order to imagine the nature of reality and finally remember love!

The highest Purpose of our mind is the ability to Forget! Go on and Forgive yourself!
There is no love in truth but there is truth in love!
Be authentic, nobody else can do it for you!

GLP