Google's Top Secret Video Game Revealed

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1490625
Russia
11/16/2012 02:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Google's Top Secret Video Game Revealed
the best way to hide something is to not hide it for those that has the eyes to see and ears to hear!

an open software that track you all the time would infuriate anyone! and people would refuse it straight away!

But implement this a online game that requires you to be always online otherwise you can get attacked at anytime.

and if your not online you can not deffend your territory!

it's basicly a gps tracking system disguised as a game so that people accept it!

Google really push the idea of having us "fighting each another" instead of Fighting the machine!
 Quoting: Blitz the storm-striker

They don't need GPS activated on your phone to track you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11541429
United States
11/16/2012 02:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Your answer to this question determines whether you play Ingress on the side of The Enlightened, hoping to awaken more citizens, or The Resistance, hoping to protect the population from these forces."

I would think that these two options wouldn't be diametrically apposed, but, one in the same...

some nice programming there goooooooogle, in more ways than one...

Anyone else catch that? just me?

fuck it, like I have time to play games, I don't even have time to talk on a phone, HELL, I DON'T EVEN OWN ONE!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16678904

Right, they can't control those who are awake, they want all the sheeple sleeping, they are easier to control!
Lilbabez33

User ID: 15789862
United States
11/16/2012 02:37 AM

Report Abusive Post
idk I'm not really impressed.

I've always thought video games will eventually evolve into something where a person actually has to interact physically. Like holograms or VR helmets or whatever...you know, you're whole mind is immersed instead of just holding a controller and staring at a screen.

Now, do I think Google has nefarious motives and is probably up to something? Google? The company who's slogan is "don't be evil" or whatever? I couldn't believe that. YEAH RIGHT.

If anything, they're probably testing how popular this new "interactive" gaming idea will work...and also track you and spy on you and whatever else.

Ultimately, it sounds like advancing sci-fi and nothing more. I don't doubt the story line is true. My mind is open to a lot of things, but I doubt a video game is going to open a portal to hell in real life.

Although, video games opening up portals to hell in real life could certainly happen, through channels of degeneracy. But I guess I'm talking physical fire and brimstone type stuff. lol.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24883093

We are already playing that game, interacting physically as you described. It's called life.
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
-Albert Einstein
-------------------------------------
--------------​-----------------------
The problem is not the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem.
----------------------------------------------------​----------------------
"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in a moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul
........................................................​..................
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.
Give a man a bank and he can rob the world
.................​....................
"And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand it's meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment." -JFK
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1366745
United Kingdom
11/16/2012 02:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sounds like this, if there's no Google there probably is no net. Google has been chosen as part of the platform that builds the Net up to merge with mankind. One day a device might be made for you to watch Tv or check the news or a favorite recipe. Gaming may lead the way before full media services engulfs the mind. Somehow they may find a way to upload the user. I'm no expert and anything seems possible. I don't mind looking like a twat! It gets depressing, what if they find a way to upload your brain without the need for you or your body anymore? What if they got the world to tune into a broadcast, in vehicles, homes, wherever you go. Broadcast an emergency, the end of the world. Then actually bring it on, end of the world, we all die, it lives. Sounds fucked up? Its unfolding. If people believed this it would be nice in future for them to be able to think ahead. Be one step ahead of the possible upgrades. Then again it would be, discussed using the platform it builds upon. I wonder if true, that one day no1 could discuss what is happening with it, not even by leaving mobile devices out of proximity. I wonder if this build up we are seeing with eavesdropping is already part of the coming together of the bot or not. As I say, stay ahead of the upgrades.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1490625
Russia
11/16/2012 02:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's simple. Stop using Google. It's an NSA tentacle now anyway. Close your account and stop using all of it's services. There are many other search engines that work just fine. If you have an android phone, root it. Why not just boycott google. It's not the only starting point for browsing the web. It's easy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21404904
United States
11/16/2012 02:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
So basically Google has created a game where everyone is participating... even if they don't realize they are playing...
HackingGPS
User ID: 1692624
United States
11/16/2012 02:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks google, hackers always love a good challenge

Of course the Iranians are bound to win this game using the same techniques used to bring our drone down
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1492246
Russia
11/16/2012 02:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
G. U.G.L.E
Kaifas

User ID: 27455193
Finland
11/16/2012 02:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
What if its not really a game?

What if its real?

damned

How would you know?

damned damned damned
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1130777

This was my first thought too. It's not a game. It is something for the hidden elite. They want to bring more Extraterrestial (Exotic matter XM?!) to the Earth through this "game".
Although, I got excited of it beared_b
What is "real"? How do you define "real"? If you 're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then "real" is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain. - Morpheous
[link to matrixism.org]
Lilbabez33

User ID: 15789862
United States

Report Abusive Post
I use google just to mess with whoever it is that is on my trail. I predict after about a week, maybe a day, he commits suicide from boredom.
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
-Albert Einstein
-------------------------------------
--------------​-----------------------
The problem is not the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem.
----------------------------------------------------​----------------------
"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in a moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.
Give a man a bank and he can rob the world
.................​....................
"And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand it's meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment." -JFK
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11541429
United States
Report Abusive Post
Sounds like this, if there's no Google there probably is no net. Google has been chosen as part of the platform that builds the Net up to merge with mankind. One day a device might be made for you to watch Tv or check the news or a favorite recipe. Gaming may lead the way before full media services engulfs the mind. Somehow they may find a way to upload the user. I'm no expert and anything seems possible. I don't mind looking like a twat! It gets depressing, what if they find a way to upload your brain without the need for you or your body anymore? What if they got the world to tune into a broadcast, in vehicles, homes, wherever you go. Broadcast an emergency, the end of the world. Then actually bring it on, end of the world, we all die, it lives. Sounds fucked up? Its unfolding. If people believed this it would be nice in future for them to be able to think ahead. Be one step ahead of the possible upgrades. Then again it would be, discussed using the platform it builds upon. I wonder if true, that one day no1 could discuss what is happening with it, not even by leaving mobile devices out of proximity. I wonder if this build up we are seeing with eavesdropping is already part of the coming together of the bot or not. As I say, stay ahead of the upgrades.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1366745

The progression of websites is they go as quick as they come, now some internet companies are taking over, Twitter, Facebook and Google, on FB you can tag somebodies pic, multiple people in the same pic where have you ever seen that on any website? You can tag people in pics that don't even use FB, all they would have to do is search a specific name and they have a pic of you! You can't watch a TV show without seeing a FB or Twitter logo on pretty much anything that comes on, I won't get into their stranglehold on the web!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 570175
Australia
11/16/2012 03:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
how fucking boring
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24643310
Czechia
11/16/2012 03:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Depending on popularity they will be able to:
* Move (large) groups of people
* Use subliminal messages to program players
* Incorporate commercials
* Use real world stores and integrate them
* track
etc

Statistically a certain percentage of players will be fully absorbed by the game. That could potentially be misused, but I suspect they just want the players to buy things.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27795700
Croatia
11/16/2012 03:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
You can only turn off the GPS for user control, not for carrier control. In addition to this the location of the phone can be seen by signal triangulation with cell towers. Oh, and location can be traced easily by which Wi-Fi signals are available. Of you own a cell phone you have no privacy.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14011374

Yep, I am an Android/IPhone programmer, without GPS I know where you are within ~20-30 metres.

Turning off GPS is not enough, only way to hide is to take out the battery.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21174726
Australia
11/16/2012 03:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
so google is now training an army? recruiting? cyber warfare?
east india company all over.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27458686
United States
11/16/2012 03:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks OP
Some have no idea.
Ps.wherever there is a PORT.there's a PORTAL
leveller
User ID: 27856333
China
11/16/2012 03:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Another rich toy for expensive rich first wolrd bored kids with tons of cash laying around
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27744688

Can you read? The game is free, you illiterate monkey.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25149280

not if you don't have a phone with android 2.3 or higher , nonce - get a brain!
jadksn
User ID: 27785061
United States
11/16/2012 04:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ha, I was too paranoid to use their last product super important life-changing product (most Americans were). I'm not even going to bother.
nobody
User ID: 27858309
United States
11/16/2012 04:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe this isn't about a video Game. It's much much deeper than that.

Peace
 Quoting: AwakenedDude

[link to www.youtube.com]

it's just a game...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1271534
United States
11/16/2012 04:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Niantic CT. Near a top mind control / monarch programming facility...part Navy, Part coast guard (the facility at least).

mind controlled ex lives near there I believe; grandfather spent time there...high up in the navy WW2...Look up the new london CT info from Springmeier.

It's probably no coincidence it's name is niantic project...I just found it interesting...could be a different meaning...but just tickled my toaster because it's not a common name at all. what the heck does niantic mean anyway?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12546839
United Kingdom
11/16/2012 04:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
No one does things for free. No one, not even our magnanimous and deeply philanthropic friends over at Google.

Explain Google Maps then.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12546839
United Kingdom
11/16/2012 04:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
No one does things for free. No one, not even our magnanimous and deeply philanthropic friends over at Google.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12546839

(I mean the streetview thing)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27860013
United Kingdom
11/16/2012 05:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Google just wants to track your location FOR FREE!!!
 Quoting: waht

Thats half of it, portal locations will be prime sites for big corps shops, mega marketing.
Bucs

User ID: 1273577
Philippines
11/16/2012 05:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
They said it's going to be the start of virtual reality games. Loool. Anyways I'm waiting for my activation code. Can't wait to try it. >:)
Live for nothing or die for something.

To the awakened ones scattered around the globe.

We are the Way, the Truth and the Light.

Indigo's on the rise.

The Serpent has risen.

They are back.
Anonymous Coward
Finland
11/16/2012 05:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just found this one:

[link to www.nianticproject.com]
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
11/16/2012 05:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Another rich toy for expensive rich first wolrd bored kids with tons of cash laying around
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27744688

Can you read? The game is free, you illiterate monkey.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25149280

not if you don't have a phone with android 2.3 or higher , nonce - get a brain!
 Quoting: leveller 27856333

He is correct in his statement, only first world people would be able to afford to travel to the locations to complete the game. Its another marketing tool for corps, prime sites for stores, and travel firms will pay big bucks for their links for travels options.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
11/16/2012 05:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12546839

Google maps is paid for by people advertising with markers on the maps, doh.
Anonymous Coward
Finland
11/16/2012 05:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just found this one:

[link to www.nianticproject.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27455193

From the same site
[link to commondatastorage.googleapis.com] wtf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25765737
Netherlands
11/16/2012 06:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is what i call "REAL LIFE CAPTURE THE FLAG"

If you meet a enemy faction member in real life on a portal location real life, you going to need to fight or use diplomatic skills, Pretty fucked up.

But could be interesting. Fighting over pictures.

hiding
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1274632
Latvia
11/16/2012 06:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just when I thought that I can't be surprised any more.....

This thingy will cause some REAL WORLD violence for sure!

Don't you think people that have android devices, which control like huge amount of 'portals' in a city won't get targeted?

What if portals get generated in the 'criminal' areas in the city, where it's not so good idea to walk about for any reason?

How about portals/objects on top of some swamps?

The possibilities to actually get people KILLED are endless.

GLP