Is a god who commands....

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8109592
United States
11/16/2012 02:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Is a god who commands....
Is a god who commands that you submit and worship him/her/it, under the threat of death and eternal suffering really worthy of worship?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27851882
Australia
11/16/2012 02:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Is a god who commands....
is this a Jewish thang?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7244743
United States
11/16/2012 02:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
No.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1366745
United Kingdom
11/16/2012 02:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
No, but I would worship and love something that saved me from a path I couldn't see or expect
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27848208
United States
11/16/2012 02:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Argggh, if we only had some religious figure dude talking about how important love is and shit! If only!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1692624
United States
11/16/2012 02:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well I'd rather not burn in eternal hellfire or what not, so I guess the answer to your question is yes. <voiceofGavinNewsom>Whether you like of not.</voiceofGavinNewsom>
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 02:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
<voiceofGavinNewsom>Whether you like or not.</voiceofGavinNewsom>
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1692624
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/16/2012 02:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
<voiceofGavinNewsom>Whether you like it or not.</voiceofGavinNewsom>

Third times a charm
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26167151
United States
11/16/2012 03:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Is a god who commands that you submit and worship him/her/it, under the threat of death and eternal suffering really worthy of worship?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8109592

What you are saying is bullshit. God does not say that if you don't worship him you will go to hell. He lays out a path to leading a rightous life, a happy life, a meaningful life. Those that do not heed his word lead worthless lives. A person who leads a worthless life has no value to anyone including God. Why should he want worthless souls in heaven?

User ID: 26063685
United States
11/16/2012 03:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
you have very little understanding of what is commanded
Exalted is He from what they utter. Exalted is He from what they imagine. Exalted is He that exists without a place. Exalted is He that was there forever without a time or a beginning. Exalted is He that will be there forever without a time or an end. Exalted is He that will forever be praised. That is your God.
Stefan Parlow

User ID: 1068734
Austria
11/16/2012 04:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
„There is no God, who punishes. God, the original substance of existence is pure love. Humans are responsible for themselves what happens to them. They create their future.“
(Jesus Christ; 97 12 01)

A spiritual master does not want to be glorified. He wants his to take up his ideas and imitate him, which he exemplified them. Some people will need a teacher. However, they should work out their own experiences and should not fall into apathy and limit to worship. The Master (Buddha, Krishna, Mohammed, Jesus Christ, etc.), so to speak gave the recipe for the dish. Then everyone has to cook himself. If you remain idle for too long, you will starve!
I am a mystic. My homepage is also in English
[link to christus-spricht.com (secure)]

download book: about December 29, it will be available via my homepage. A little bit later also via online-bookstores a softcover.

More than 500 visions,channelings and mystical experiences given by JESUS CHRIST!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2619695
United Kingdom
11/16/2012 06:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

You look at it from MAN'S point of view, and therefore you will choose unwisely.
He gave two choices
1) Choose good and reap life in abundance, or
2) Choose evil and reap misery and death

Problem with man: Man wants to define what is good and what is evil, because man in the delusion that he is the pinnacle of the universe, thinks that he is god. Man then worships the created not the Creator. Man takes credit for all that he does. Man inverts good as evil and evil as good. Man ignores God's decrees that misery and death always follows evil, instead thinking that he can get life and happiness from evil behaviours that he himself has redefined as good. Guess what? Sticking your finger in an electrical socket still brings the same consequences, even if you choose to believe otherwise.

So, look at it from the Creator of Heaven and Earth's point of view. He is Truth and He gave it to us. It's man that refuses to obey laws, not God forcing you to follow them. We reap what we sow - He defined what behaviours bring consequences. It's just that deluded mankind honestly believes that he knows better than the Creator. Rebellion.
Show Me a 'God'...
User ID: 21560748
United States
11/16/2012 06:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Argggh, if we only had some religious figure dude talking about how important love is and shit! If only!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27848208

Oh, you don't need religious figures for that...

You've got talking kats...

They know all about love, and hats, and important life-saving shit like that...

Hold onto your hats... I mean KATs...
Mister_Worlwide

User ID: 26282771
United States
11/16/2012 01:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

putin
There's nothing like Miami's heat....
...Padre Island, TX does beat it!

GLP