Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,615 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 78,150
Pageviews Today: 141,818Threads Today: 75Posts Today: 1,035
01:24 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

The Israeli mission into GAZA that is more likely than not coming.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2164937
United States
11/16/2012 07:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: The Israeli mission into GAZA that is more likely than not coming.
One word--snipers. An army entering a city scape on the ground are sitting ducks for snipers on every rooftop and from many window locations.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12786780
Canada
11/16/2012 07:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP you have no clue about macro politics, please stop posting on things you have no clue about.

Arm chair retards
MrBlue

User ID: 14815823
United States
11/16/2012 08:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Someone might want to tell the Israeli forces massing on the GAZA border that they are only there for a picnic and nothing's going to happen...
 Quoting: SHR

How about putting 2 and 2 together and noticing the fact that an "unidentified" aircraft got 26 miles inside Israeli terrority before being intercepted, coming from Gaza on October 6th

If it took that long for it to be detected, a multitude of those "secret" planes will be dropping bombs on those forces massing on the border

They are sitting ducks, like sacrificial lambs IMO

This aggression will be ended in a day

I call it aggression because thats what it is, from both sides
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27886062

[link to www.globalfirepower.com]

I don't see Gaza or Hamas on there. All they have are little rockets from Iran. I think you are mistaken that Israel didn't know those planes were there.
Carshy McCarsh

User ID: 27901930
United States
11/16/2012 08:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'll skip the obligatory and well-earned:
ahhh

And just end up at:

clappa

There are many unseen players involved here though.
Forget not Barry's "flexibility" and his desire to create a progressive Caliphate.

islam
Tell me what this tastes like...
D. Bunker

11/16/2012 08:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
The level of reserve call up now surpasses the numbers of the 2nd Lebanon war and cast lead combined. My money is the incursion will come sooner rather than later. I expect after sundown Saturday.

The mobilization level reveals to me that Israel considers the risk of an expanded war is high enough to deploy early. This is the very kind of first phase I would expect before engaging Hezbollah in an offensive to the north.

An interesting week lay ahead. Perhaps the war we have all discussed many many times.
:savetata:

Favorite Quote - "I just fucking love outer space, it has all those planets and stars and shit." - Mister Obvious 2009
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5979807
United States
11/16/2012 08:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
We can only hope that the Zionist pigs meet doom.

They need to unleash a dirty bomb in Tel Aviv to set their people free, Let us pray it will be done.

rockon
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27194352
United States
11/16/2012 08:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
IMO this is going to be...

To disarm and remove HAMAS from command and control.

That is going to be a pretty huge campaign...not a mere assualt...but a campaign.

Now....the feeling I am getting is that Hezbollah is not going to engage. Nasrallah has been issuing statements like the Arab league needs to band together and use it's Oil Muscle...he is also making statements that Hamas in Gaza using their rockets is a "Significant development"....alluding that they are doing OK on their own. This a departure from his usual "Rivers run red with zionist blood!" and that sort of firey rhetoric...

Over the last years it seems that Hezbollah is enjoying their newly gained political clout in Lebanon...which they more or less own and operate now. Being in charge of a country is a big step up for them and IMO they do not want to jepordize that.

Maybe Israel told them you mind your own business or we will go apeshit on your ass and bomb you into oblivion...who knows, but I don't see Israeli forces massing on the Lebonese border so it seems to me that some sort of stand down agreement has been struck there...

Hezbollah is also closely tied to Syria and Assad...Assad has enough on his plate to deal with as it is...so there could be an ultimatum there that if Hezbollah does engage?...it will be taken as if Syria and Hezbollah are considered as one and both will brought down...with a threat of USA-NATO involvement...

For whatever reasons...it seems to me that Hezbollah isn't itching to get involved and is more content to talk Arab "sanctions"...

So Egypt...the Sinai has a good infestment of radicals going on. Morsi bombed a few hinself...my guess there was that he was told by Israel..."Either you do it?...or we will, but it's going to happen." Morsi could not allow Israel to blast even the most radical elements in Egyption territory, he'd look like a bitch and his own people would go berserk. He also wants to sit at the big boy international table...so bombing a few "AQ affiliates" would earn some cred with the "international community"...see?...we aren't as radical as some want people to think, we blew up a few "terrorists" too.

Morsi has a fine tight rope to walk with his own Muslim brothers and the international community...My assesment there is that he is more likely to fall back on his "too new" position and while he'll show some support, more than Mubarack would have, he won't engage in any real sense and will probably do some aiding and abetting on a small scale with appeasing his own people in mind and more or less keep walking that tight rope.

I also don't see Iran engaging outright either...nor Syria...because I'm sure they are thinking that they are in a "Give us an excuse" position...and if they do give anyone an excuse?...the USA/West might very well take the opportunity to play wipe up/out and mop up several problems in the arena.

So with all that said...it pretty much leaves Israel and Hamas head to head to go at it toe to toe. Which I believe may very well happen. Hamas will get some level of support, maybe some weapons back doored in, the "outcry" is a given, but I don't see any other countries stepping into it outright as things stand now.

Israel has Hamas out gunned in a big way...it will only be a matter of how bloody and how long it will take to accomplish the mission if they decide the mission is to eradicate Hamas and I believe they have. They have gone in before and gave them a beat down, and they came back...they won't go in and not make it final this time.

GAZA may be turned over to some sort of Arab cohilition temporarlily which will more likely than not feature Egypt playing a part in a very big way...GAZA will in any case be turned over to some more moderate control in which Egypt will be pressed into playing a big part with in some fashion.

I think we going to see a pretty big move this time...and I don't see how Israel has much of a choice.
The chance of it spiraling out of control and other countries becoming involved real quick is always there, but as long as Israel remains as meticulous as possible, there's just as much as chance that the Arabs will chalk up Hamas as a loss and it will stay contained as there is that any other countries will get involved.

It won't be pretty in any case, it also could very well last for a month and it's going to be a screaming and bloody mess...

It's going to be a very dangerous time during which a lot of very bad scenerios have a far greater chance of becoming reality...for everyone...

Expect at minimum oil prices to take off and up...be very aware of the hair trigger aspect that a "Spark event" can set off powder keg that could very well drag several major countries into a major war that no sane person wants to see happen.

I see the stage set this time for Israel to vanquish Hamas once and for all as any sort of viable control group in GAZA and they are going to take the opportunity to do it...if they do?...

we can only hope that is as far as it goes...

What do you think are the chances that Assad, could view this as a last opportunity to unite his people against a common enemy? As a means to keep power.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20598773
Ireland
11/16/2012 09:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Am wondering, if Hamas now have effective SAMs (still to be confirmed I think), what other weapons do they have that are based around ground warfare? I've read posts on here indicating that Iranian elite troops are on the ground in Gaza, if true then will they make a difference?

I'm surprised that Hamas have been able to land missiles so close to both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, and I think the Israelis are too, but also think that Israel may decide to flatten the place once and for all as if they leave it another 4 or 5 years who knows what missiles Hamas will have?

I have a horrible feeling, and it's just my own thing, nothing mentioned in the press, that chem and bio weapons are going to come in to play soon.

Hope I'm wrong as they are awful weapons :(
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1493398
United States
11/16/2012 09:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is just wargame practice for iran
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4695650
United States
11/16/2012 09:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
There was a meeting between Nasrallah and then heads of Hezbollah on Thursday.

just sayin
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23182389
United States
11/16/2012 09:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

Soon to be played out on American soil...

I highly doubt that
 Quoting: *Evan*

You obviously can't remember the "30 Days of Terror" that began on Obama's birthday in 2014 then eh?

That's the day the words "It's Good To Be King" are uttered

You got that right, I don't REMEMBER anything from the FUTURE

1rof1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23182389
United States
11/16/2012 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Today is November 16th 2012

The reason you believe this to be true is what?

It's made up and you believe it

So who's to say that someone does not know what happens on August 4th 2014?

And don't say it's because it hasn't arrived yet lol

You only perceive that to be true

But, it hasn't arrived yet. haha, just kidding. but, you are right. It's only 2012 because my electronics tell me so. The aliens told me it is actually 2014 too. But, that was before I stopped the space time continuum and slipped back to 2012, so I do know that it's 2012 now.
 Quoting: Sleeping Giant

1rof1

That wasn't even remotely funny, let alone rofl funny.

Didn't even crack a smile.

Kiss ass.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27877532

I laughed out loud. I thought it was funny. 1dunno1

Must be :BlueMeth:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27899301
United States
11/16/2012 09:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Israelis should get used to war forever. For them, there will NEVER be peace--nor should there be. The Palestinians want their land back! It is that simple--and it really is their land! It is NOT the land of every Jew on the planet. The idea that every Jew on the planet has some moral right to go there and settle in whenever he gets the urge--is obscene and indefensible. Shame on America for supporting such a criminal enterprise. If America were not the morally depraved toilet bowl that it truly is--it would support the Palestinians and arm them.
my 2 cents

User ID: 26646007
Canada
11/16/2012 09:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Israel couldn't back down now even if they wanted to (which I don't think they do.) If Israel stood down now, all you'd hear for the next 5 years is how Hamas whooped Israel's ass and sent them packing. That and for Israeli leaders it would be political suicide. The rockets would continue, Bibi would lose in a landslide in the coming election and rightfully so. Also, the IDF didn't amass huge columns of tanks, infantry and heavy vehicles just to let them sit by the border fence doing nothing. No excuses either about world opinion not allowing it. They have the tacit, if not outright approval of most of the western world.
As sure as night follows day they are going in.
Patriotism is supporting your country always -- and your government when they deserve it. Mark Twain

Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords. -Benjamin Franklin
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24713357
Australia
11/16/2012 09:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
The airstrikes are to make way for IDF mechanized and armored units, they needed to soften/shake up Hamas ground forces first.
Lur Tor

User ID: 27710959
Canada
11/16/2012 09:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
What others have said about Israel being responsible for starting this latest round of fighting is true. The reason is not that they want to destroy some Islamic terrorists, but with Obama getting relected they realized that they cannot rely upon America for defense. So they're going to see about their nation's security their way.

I know most of you are aware of at least in part Obama's links to Islam including those in the more extreme veriety, but I'm not sure how many of you know how much this may be influencing American policy. Remember the incident in Bengazi when the ambassador was killed, they had Navy Seal troops on the ground repeadedly asking the Whitehouse for permission to go ahead and rescue the Ambassador and his team. Eventually they went ahead without aproval rescued those there still alive, retreated to the safe house. But when they radioed in asking for a choper to evacuate everyone the government refused to send one instead they let everyone in that safe house to be killed. Then a little while later Iran shot down an American Drone plane: an act of war and America did nothing.

Given America allowed a terrorist group and an enemy nation both get away with acts of war and the American government let them get away with it without even a warning it is no wonder Israel decided they cannot rely upon America for security from terrorists or any nation that wishes them harm. So I'm not sure about this, but my guess is Israel's plan is to pound Hamas with everything they got and just wait, and see who comes to their aid.

So since it seems that Israel has a just basis for instigating this war it seems to me that the Lord will prove Israel righteous in her actions here by giving her victory over her enemies.

Now I don't want you to be decieved here. I do believe that Israel is guilty of many sins and the Lord will hold the nation accountable for them, but for the sake of the righteous who live within her boarders the Lord will bless the nation in this time.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1156712
Australia
11/16/2012 10:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
There was a meeting between Nasrallah and then heads of Hezbollah on Thursday.

just sayin
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4695650

Was he talking to himself in the mirror, lol.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24537507
United States
11/16/2012 10:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
We can only hope that the Zionist pigs meet doom.

They need to unleash a dirty bomb in Tel Aviv to set their people free, Let us pray it will be done.

rockon
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5979807

you're dispicable!
Skin Suit

User ID: 22870849
United States
11/16/2012 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
self fulfilling prophecy is a bitch..

damn these ME'ners don't stop with the contrived bs.

oh well.

it is what is it is.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4814564
United States
11/16/2012 10:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Israelis should get used to war forever. For them, there will NEVER be peace--nor should there be. The Palestinians want their land back! It is that simple--and it really is their land! It is NOT the land of every Jew on the planet. The idea that every Jew on the planet has some moral right to go there and settle in whenever he gets the urge--is obscene and indefensible. Shame on America for supporting such a criminal enterprise. If America were not the morally depraved toilet bowl that it truly is--it would support the Palestinians and arm them.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27899301

What are you talking about historically Jerusalem is the Jewish holy city before the Arabs came to town and claimed it as there own destroying Jewish holy temples erecting their own right on top! The name Palestine comes from the people that inhabited the sea land area and even though they were defacto Egyptians they were not Muslim. They worshiped a semi aquatic god and were both warlike and cosmopolitan. The Muslims are on the wrong side of history here and have always been the aggressors. In fact Jerusalem is not even mentioned on the Islamic holy book nor did Mohammed ever even step foot in jerusalem.
FierySky

User ID: 21544545
United States
11/16/2012 10:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is not what goes down.
At least not according to what's written in PSALM 83 and ISAIAH 17.

Lebanon will be drawn into this conflict.

You will see.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1159544

Not every time is THE time...

No, but sometime has to be The Time.
mikebo2

User ID: 18012248
United States
11/16/2012 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Your analysis is good "OP".

How ever , and I hope I'm wrong, BUT Israel needs and wants to do something about Iran real soon.

I worry that Israel will make a mistake and attempt to take out Iran's nuke factories during this spat with Hamas.

I say it is a mistake because I believe this would be to good of an excuse for the rest of the Arab world to pass up. Most of them would not help to engage Israel openly but they would be more than willing to supply the rest of the terrorists and Syria and Iran and Egypt with money and weapons.

Just my 2 cents.
ISO

User ID: 1557341
United States
11/16/2012 10:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Israel couldn't back down now even if they wanted to (which I don't think they do.) If Israel stood down now, all you'd hear for the next 5 years is how Hamas whooped Israel's ass and sent them packing. That and for Israeli leaders it would be political suicide. The rockets would continue, Bibi would lose in a landslide in the coming election and rightfully so. Also, the IDF didn't amass huge columns of tanks, infantry and heavy vehicles just to let them sit by the border fence doing nothing. No excuses either about world opinion not allowing it. They have the tacit, if not outright approval of most of the western world.
 Quoting: my 2 cents

I don't think Israel is going to follow through. For years they have approached these situations with big rhetoric about their security, but don't have the nerve to really ruffle any feathers. Cast Lead was pretty much the maximum effort. I remember Netanyahu saying Olmert decided to end Cast Lead "prematurely" and that if Prime Minister, he would have finished off Hamas.

We're about to find out if Netanyahu meant that. I think he's grown soft unfortunately.
tarfonwxx

User ID: 4695650
United States
11/16/2012 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Iran admits pulling strings on Gaza crisis

According to a source in the Revolutionary Guards intelligence division, Iran has large stockpiles of chemical and microbial weapons and it has armed the Lebanese terrorist group Hezbollah with them. It also has Quds Forces in Gaza and other Palestinian territories to help Hamas and Islamic Jihad in setting up underground rocket facilities while training and supervising the Palestinians in launching attacks on Israel.

The escalation of the Gaza conflict was ordered by the highest authority in Iran, the source added, and rockets targeting Tel Aviv and Jerusalem are in fact a warning to Israel that its Iron Dome missile defense system cannot thwart Iran’s ballistic missiles and tens of thousands of rockets and missiles in the hands of Hezbollah.

[link to www.wnd.com]

siren2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27261721
United States
11/16/2012 10:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
very good thread, completely agree
my 2 cents

User ID: 26646007
Canada
11/16/2012 10:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

I don't think Israel is going to follow through. For years they have approached these situations with big rhetoric about their security, but don't have the nerve to really ruffle any feathers. Cast Lead was pretty much the maximum effort. I remember Netanyahu saying Olmert decided to end Cast Lead "prematurely" and that if Prime Minister, he would have finished off Hamas.

We're about to find out if Netanyahu meant that. I think he's grown soft unfortunately.
 Quoting: ISO

I agree that Bibi is the one factor that could yet derail the campaign. But I think he's painted himself in a corner he can't back out of both politically or militarily. And what would he say to the people of Israel when the rockets inevitably start back up after squandering the chance to stop them?
Interesting discussion.
Patriotism is supporting your country always -- and your government when they deserve it. Mark Twain

Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords. -Benjamin Franklin
Saddletramp

User ID: 812002
Puerto Rico
11/16/2012 10:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think we'll have a better idea of all the players and their intentions once the ground campaign begins...

One thing about it, I think you will either see them all go at Israel at once, or Hamas is on their own...

Last Edited by Saddletramp on 11/16/2012 10:41 PM
"And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods..." ~ Horatius

"Because he told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey..."

"We don't rent pigs!"
mikebo2

User ID: 18012248
United States
11/16/2012 10:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Iran admits pulling strings on Gaza crisis

According to a source in the Revolutionary Guards intelligence division, Iran has large stockpiles of chemical and microbial weapons and it has armed the Lebanese terrorist group Hezbollah with them. It also has Quds Forces in Gaza and other Palestinian territories to help Hamas and Islamic Jihad in setting up underground rocket facilities while training and supervising the Palestinians in launching attacks on Israel.

The escalation of the Gaza conflict was ordered by the highest authority in Iran, the source added, and rockets targeting Tel Aviv and Jerusalem are in fact a warning to Israel that its Iron Dome missile defense system cannot thwart Iran’s ballistic missiles and tens of thousands of rockets and missiles in the hands of Hezbollah.

[link to www.wnd.com]

siren2
 Quoting: tarfonwxx

Using weapons like that would be the last thing they would do.
The rest of the world would condemn them and then Israel would have a free hand to wipe them out.

If they have weapons like that they would wait until Israel started a ground war and then release the gas in their own area. Then they claim Israel did it.
ISO

User ID: 1557341
United States
11/16/2012 10:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: ISO

I agree that Bibi is the one factor that could yet derail the campaign. But I think he's painted himself in a corner he can't back out of both politically or militarily. And what would he say to the people of Israel when the rockets inevitably start back up after squandering the chance to stop them?
Interesting discussion.

I think Israel will back down out of pressure not to repeat Cast Lead, and Bibi will just ignore it, just like the Olmert govt' ignored the humiliation of Lebanon, as if it never happened. In other words, the Israeli government talks a big game about security, but when the public is behind them, they drop the ball.

Israel is the only country in the world where the government gets public approval for the war effort to ensure their future security, and then collapses anyway and fails to follow through, leaving the public holding the bottles of rhetoric in their hands.

It makes people furious, and causes them to stop supporting Israel out of a disgust for not following through on their own policies. I think Israel's government may use election cycles as timelines for acting tough, and then panics when people protest in Israel against the first baby steps of any campaign to blast Hamas for good.
-GLP-Christian-

User ID: 26377887
Sweden
11/16/2012 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is not what goes down.
At least not according to what's written in PSALM 83 and ISAIAH 17.

Lebanon will be drawn into this conflict.

You will see.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1159544

You forgot Obadaiah, go back and read it again.

Notice the parts that Israel takes in verses 18, 19 and 20.
Doesn't have to be now but why not, especially if they wipes them out, now that would definitely spark Ps.83 and then Ezekiel 38-39.

Isaiah 17 and also Jeremiah 49 definitely can come in anywhere among these and the order of events can be any basically.

But Israel should soon realize that Hamas charter ( [link to www.fas.org] ) proves there never can be peace and the Koran proves there can never be peace. So it will lead to extermination wars and we know these Hamas and other creeps are in that business we see that in their own charter, its just like Hitlers Mein Kampf, they are very clear in their goals.
Get saved wretch: [link to biblebelievers.com]
Everything you need to know about islam: [link to prophetofdoom.net]
The Jihad Triangle: [link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

FRANCE IS TEH GHEY!

GLP