Disillusioning
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 17501662
United States
11/17/2012 12:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Sister in Tel Aviv
My sister is studying in Tel Aviv, Israel. She is not exactly pro-Israel (understatement) and neither am I. But what and how is one to think when all they hope for is the destruction of Israel. I can't hope for that while my sister is there. I don't want any death to anyone but if I had to choose it would be for the Zionist to pay. What and how do I right my mind in this situation?
DEFINTION: dis·il·lu·sion·ing- To free or deprive of illusion.

-Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both-
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27903882
United States
11/17/2012 12:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Sister in Tel Aviv
If my sister was in Israel I sure as hell wouldnt be on the internet talking zionist shit. All electronic communication has ears.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27866546
United States
11/17/2012 12:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
A society that refuses to weed their garden will be choked by the weeds.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27855691
United States
11/17/2012 12:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
GIRL NO JOKE CALL YOUR SISTER TELL HER YOU LOVE HER AND SAY GOODBYE. YOU WONT SEE HER AGAIN IF SHE DOESN'T GET OUT TONIGHT
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27721173
United States
11/17/2012 12:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
If my sister was in Israel I sure as hell wouldnt be on the internet talking zionist shit. All electronic communication has ears.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27903882

THIS
Sleeping Giant

User ID: 23781418
United States
11/17/2012 12:28 AM

Report Abusive Post

THIS
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27721173

THESE
Wake up, oh sleeper, and rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15793872
United States
11/17/2012 12:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
better yet, if you have the funds, book her a flight home
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1539806
United States
11/17/2012 12:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
THOSE who are AGAINST Israel, are AGAINST G-D, the HOLY G-D, who CREATED ALL!!! Why is she is Israel then????
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27893232
Australia
11/17/2012 12:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

at least half of tel aviv isn't exactly pro israel.

especially the younger and students.

none of them really bother hiding it.
Disillusioning  (OP)

United States
11/17/2012 12:33 AM
Report Abusive Post

at least half of tel aviv isn't exactly pro israel.

especially the younger and students.

none of them really bother hiding it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27893232

This^ what you think they are going to trace my ip find my name, and then find out who my sister is half way around the world and "Get her" because I am not pro0 israel? what the fuck? I am quite the "tin foil hat" but that is CRAZY and 3 of you echoed the same? What the fuck do you think would happen?

-Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both-
Disillusioning  (OP)

United States
11/17/2012 12:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Listen to me: I and she DON'T WANT ANYONE TO DIE OR BE INJURED. Those who simply choose a side and hope for death of the other are ignorant. I am not saying I or she think that at all, but I don't like seeing children die in Gaza on behalf on Israel and while I know Hamas would return the favor if they could I believe there is another way. Just no likely. I posted because I am conflicted as to what to think anymore.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27903069
Israel
11/17/2012 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
My sister is studying in Tel Aviv, Israel. She is not exactly pro-Israel (understatement) and neither am I. But what and how is one to think when all they hope for is the destruction of Israel. I can't hope for that while my sister is there. I don't want any death to anyone but if I had to choose it would be for the Zionist to pay. What and how do I right my mind in this situation?
 Quoting: Disillusioning

* What and how do I right my mind in this situation? *

Kill yourself, or stop saying stupid things, or both.

You and your sister are dumb. Being in Tel Aviv doesnt make you an expert on Israel and obviously your sister have no clue.

Do you know how it feels when there is an alarm and you have less then 30 secs to go to shelter? can you imagine this happening 30 or 200 times a day? for 12 years?

The IDF have superb itself so far. Close to 800 air strikes with less then 20 deaths (most of the deaths are bikers who were on the run after they set off a missile).

And still yesterday alone there were more then 200 missiles being shot at civilians in Israel.

I am not pro war, far from it, i am not even pro Israeli gov but what's going now has nothing todo with the gov from my p.o.v, its about many people and 1/4 of this country (in the last days this changed to 1/2) that is under constant missile fire for 12 years.

You smart ass American, sitting on your couch eating MacDonald's what would you do if Mexico would set missiles at your home and disrupt your fatty meals and life for 12 years?

You probably cant even see your feet's (gained some weight there huh?) not to mention places where you have never been, and that EVERYTHING that you heard about is from the media lies.

You are a waist of space. Probably a lot of space concerning the fact that your ip is from the usa.

People like you make me sick.

sheeplebah
Disillusioning  (OP)

United States
11/17/2012 12:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
GIRL NO JOKE CALL YOUR SISTER TELL HER YOU LOVE HER AND SAY GOODBYE. YOU WONT SEE HER AGAIN IF SHE DOESN'T GET OUT TONIGHT
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27855691

FUCK YOU

Anonymous Coward
Israel
11/17/2012 12:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

wtf are you talking about ?

sheeplebah

the mess is decreasing not increasing, the missile rate is decreasing as most missiles are gone thanks to the idf, the 'peace talks' are already on their way since yesterday meaning we should expect another 3-5 days and thats it.

people who have nothing smart to say - go eat doritos.
Anonymous Coward
Israel
11/17/2012 12:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Listen to me: I and she DON'T WANT ANYONE TO DIE OR BE INJURED. Those who simply choose a side and hope for death of the other are ignorant. I am not saying I or she think that at all, but I don't like seeing children die in Gaza on behalf on Israel and while I know Hamas would return the favor if they could I believe there is another way. Just no likely. I posted because I am conflicted as to what to think anymore.

Except the zionists...right? Asshole.
 Quoting: Chip

do you even know what this word means? zionists? i lived in israel for 30yrs and never meet a zionist in my life, shut the fuck up dumbass.

there is a difference between people who live in israel and zionist and people like you tent to not see the difference between things.

you probably also call all of the people who are from the east asians and think they are same ? taiwan, china, japan, malasya, indonesia ... totally different places that have little in common but people like you cant grasp the difference so its all shades of dumb.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16782114
Canada
11/17/2012 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

You and your sister are dumb. Being in Tel Aviv doesnt make you an expert on Israel and obviously your sister have no clue.

Do you know how it feels when there is an alarm and you have less then 30 secs to go to shelter? can you imagine this happening 30 or 200 times a day? for 12 years?

The IDF have superb itself so far. Close to 800 air strikes with less then 20 deaths (most of the deaths are bikers who were on the run after they set off a missile).

And still yesterday alone there were more then 200 missiles being shot at civilians in Israel.

I am not pro war, far from it, i am not even pro Israeli gov but what's going now has nothing todo with the gov from my p.o.v, its about many people and 1/4 of this country (in the last days this changed to 1/2) that is under constant missile fire for 12 years.

You smart ass American, sitting on your couch eating MacDonald's what would you do if Mexico would set missiles at your home and disrupt your fatty meals and life for 12 years?

You probably cant even see your feet's (gained some weight there huh?) not to mention places where you have never been, and that EVERYTHING that you heard about is from the media lies.

You are a waist of space. Probably a lot of space concerning the fact that your ip is from the usa.

sheeplebah
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27903069

Would the Mexicans be setting off missiles because the Americans were bulldozing their houses and building "settlements"? Are the Mexicans setting off missiles because their country was hijacked in 1948? Do you know how that feels? Just asking.
AdHocBOHICA

User ID: 19723065
United States
11/17/2012 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
hiding
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ~Seneca

PS:
I Stole this from another member.... ;)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 499151
United States
11/17/2012 12:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

sheeplebah

I don't know why this is, but I thought I'd correct you since you're making an error anyway...

Most of the really big anti-Israel people tend to be high strung and skinny. So by going after the fatties as your mode of attack your alienating the ones supporting you.

Just saying...
Disillusioning  (OP)

United States
11/17/2012 12:52 AM
Report Abusive Post

sheeplebah

Listen, I am not picking a side here. And I agree you have a right to defend. I will not give you a history lesson here, but the Zionist movement began with the British needing a ally in the area during the war, this is not your generations war, their's neither. This shit should have been squashed prior to your birth. But it wasn't. No matter what comes of this bloodshed it will not end. THIS WAR WILL NOT END. So shut the fuck up. I am not going to respond to your insults because the fat jokes come with the territory (USA, but unlike you I know not all people can be categorized by where they live and the stereotypes that go with that area. I doubt you are a Zionist Jew that wants the death of Palestinians that still live on "your" land.
but i guess are not yet that evolved to know that all life cannot be categorized as worthy of life or not.

Glad you think we should both die. You are really making me hard to not fall into stereotyping all walks of life. While on the contrary I hope you and those that you love are safe today.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 740208
Puerto Rico
11/17/2012 12:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
so we are going to do the same thing here on glp that the rest of the world has done because of view points wearing thin baahhhh
Disillusioning  (OP)

United States
11/17/2012 12:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Except the zionists...right? Asshole.
 Quoting: Chip

No, not anyone.

Anonymous Coward
Israel
11/17/2012 01:02 AM
Report Abusive Post

sheeplebah

Would the Mexicans be setting off missiles because the Americans were bulldozing their houses and building "settlements"? Are the Mexicans setting off missiles because their country was hijacked in 1948? Do you know how that feels? Just asking.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16782114

the whole land of usa was taken from the indians (like the land of any country in the world probably?), what are u talking about.

israel is not building settlements, its small groups of crazy relegious people who go there and put 2 families with 10 children each and call it a settlement, and even if so it is not inside gaza or in their lands.

8 years ago or so there was an agreement with them after they started with the missile shooting and they said that they stop and israel stopped the war, they didnt stop, israel waited 4 more years and did another operation until they begged for a cease of the fire and promised to stop shooting missiles, israel stopped and they didnt, so now after 4 more years israel is starting another "war" to protect 1m people who are already in war for 12 years!

and just for the record - if there were crazy religious groups of lets say 0.01% or a few thousand people who were going down to mexico and building their whatever there because they think that jesus poop there or whatever, that wouldnt give mexico authorization to shoot missiles at CIVILIANS by the 1000's, everyday, for 12years.

fact is - the things that you think that you "know" are false and you have no idea on this subject.

i'm sorry if i've been rude in my posts but this just pisses me off.

i'm far from supporting the isreali gov but the things that the people of the south had suffered in the last 12yrs justifies flatting gaza with bombs from my p.o.v.

you are supporting a group of people who are shutting missiles at civilians who have nothing todo with whatever they think that whoever did to them.

and... just to make my point even more clear: gaza get TONS of $ from rich oil countries, and gaza could have easily been paradise, with their beautiful beach. each time there is an agreement done with their gov and each time while its being signed they keep shutting missiles.
AdHocBOHICA

United States
11/17/2012 01:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

sheeplebah

Listen, I am not picking a side here. And I agree you have a right to defend. I will not give you a history lesson here, but the Zionist movement began with the British needing a ally in the area during the war, this is not your generations war, their's neither. This shit should have been squashed prior to your birth. But it wasn't. No matter what comes of this bloodshed it will not end. THIS WAR WILL NOT END. So shut the fuck up. I am not going to respond to your insults because the fat jokes come with the territory (USA, but unlike you I know not all people can be categorized by where they live and the stereotypes that go with that area. I doubt you are a Zionist Jew that wants the death of Palestinians that still live on "your" land.
but i guess are not yet that evolved to know that all life cannot be categorized as worthy of life or not.

Glad you think we should both die. You are really making me hard to not fall into stereotyping all walks of life. While on the contrary I hope you and those that you love are safe today.

hfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhf

PS:
AdHocBOHICA

United States
11/17/2012 01:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

sheeplebah

the whole land of usa was taken from the indians (like the land of any country in the world probably?), what are u talking about.

israel is not building settlements, its small groups of crazy relegious people who go there and put 2 families with 10 children each and call it a settlement, and even if so it is not inside gaza or in their lands.

8 years ago or so there was an agreement with them after they started with the missile shooting and they said that they stop and israel stopped the war, they didnt stop, israel waited 4 more years and did another operation until they begged for a cease of the fire and promised to stop shooting missiles, israel stopped and they didnt, so now after 4 more years israel is starting another "war" to protect 1m people who are already in war for 12 years!

and just for the record - if there were crazy religious groups of lets say 0.01% or a few thousand people who were going down to mexico and building their whatever there because they think that jesus poop there or whatever, that wouldnt give mexico authorization to shoot missiles at CIVILIANS by the 1000's, everyday, for 12years.

fact is - the things that you think that you "know" are false and you have no idea on this subject.

i'm far from supporting the isreali gov but the things that the people of the south had suffered in the last 12yrs justifies flatting gaza with bombs from my p.o.v.

you are supporting a group of people who are shutting missiles at civilians who have nothing todo with whatever they think that whoever did to them.

and... just to make my point even more clear: gaza get TONS of $ from rich oil countries, and gaza could have easily been paradise, with their beautiful beach. each time there is an agreement done with their gov and each time while its being signed they keep shutting missiles.

PS:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25799108
United States
11/17/2012 01:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

You can start by ceasing to hate a nation of people that just want to be left the hell alone.
Disillusioning  (OP)

United States
11/17/2012 01:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

sheeplebah

I am not saying I support Hamas, it just so happens Hamas is in Gaza where the Palestinian's reside. Just as you said you do not completely support the Israeli government, it does not mean you don't support the people of Israel. I am not one of THOSE people, I am educated and do understand where you are coming from. But you have to try to understand where I and maybe a few others are coming from. when we see dying children on behalf of anyone, any human rights violated, it makes me sick. Yes, I know the history, and yes if you go back to 1250 BC the Israelites did begin to conquer and settle the land of "Canaan." But if you go back a little more to recent history like the 1800's the land currently known as Israel was once an area called Palestine. For more than 1200 years…the dominant population there was Arabic. And then starting around the 1880's…a steady stream of Jews began to enter into the area and began buying land from the Arabs. And then it gets very they did this and they did that.

Like I said, you probably don't need a history lesson. But, death is still death, and quantifying the war for both sides paints a clearer picture. No, Israel should not be penalized during war for being more powerful and killing more people, but it will still raise emotions in all those (including I) who hope and pray for all humans.

Do I make sense? Or do you still think I am a dumb, fat, under-educated American.

Last Edited by Disillusioning on 11/17/2012 01:19 AM

Disillusioning  (OP)

United States
11/17/2012 01:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

You can start by ceasing to hate a nation of people that just want to be left the hell alone.
 Quoting: Big Irish Bastard

I don't Hate anybody, just the ideology of some, if you read what I have wrote in this thread you would see that.

Anonymous Coward
Israel
11/17/2012 01:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

i'm sorry, i think that too many posts from people who have no clue just pissed me and it came a bit on you.

i wish you well and not for your death and sorry about my hard words, but i stand for them (not for the insults that came with the mood).

this condition have gone too far, this war was not a question of if, it was just a question of when. i do suspect that the zionist gov (thats the only zionist thing in israel) have chosen the timing for this and it is not an accident, but i do not believe that a full on war will emerge from this.

but, as i can write whatever i want and u can reply whatever u think of.., there are still missiles falling. close to 50% is intercepted by iron shield missile defense system which leaves a rate of "only" 100 per day.

most of the missiles are home made but still enough to kill every1 in a house where it hits, the danger is real for many people.

most of the people of isreal didnt chose to be here, they just are because they have no where to go.

ofakim is the city with the highest unemployment rate in israel, about 70% or smt crazy, this place is getting 10's of hits every day for years, and the people there really have nothing to eat and dont care about gaza or whatever - they are the reason for this war and this is why i'm pro this war.

i'm not pro war with iran, i think that this is a big lie and even the talk in the street is about how the media is telling bullshits about it and there is no threat.

but there is a big difference between iran and gaza - iran is talking the talk, they are living well there and have a great country and only talk once in a while about israel, on gaza they are shooting missiles at israel and then go hide in places where they know the idf wont hit them (like under hospital or children shelters).

the condition of the south of israel have became so accepted that its less then a title on the news, between the headlines and the weather "and there was 2 missiles in bla bla this afternoon, 2 deads", this have to stop.

i hope that this operation goes smoothly and well and that there wont be deaths on any side, but also that this wont end until something changed and 1m people will get their lifes back, they deserve it like every1 else.

i know many good people who are on active duty now in the forces who are waiting to get to gaza. most of them hate being there, but they do it for their friends who are also there, for their families and friends who have suffered injuries from missiles attacks, and mostly because there is no1 else and they just have to, hell if the idf would call me and ask me to come and help get the life of these 1m people back i would have gone to do what i can to help them or the poor people in gaza who are being used as a human shield for these terror acts.

anyhow it should end in a few days.

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27917029
Thailand
11/17/2012 01:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

wtf are you talking about ?

sheeplebah

the mess is decreasing not increasing, the missile rate is decreasing as most missiles are gone thanks to the idf, the 'peace talks' are already on their way since yesterday meaning we should expect another 3-5 days and thats it.

people who have nothing smart to say - go eat doritos.

Right,

This is SSDD for Israel. Just a bunch a towelhead morons who need to get their faces bashed in every few years. Not the end of the world in a long shot. There will be only minor skirmishes in the promised land until the UN is destroyed in about 3 years from now.

Then the SHTF and Israel will finally be able to begin construction of the final Temple.

Uncle
Anonymous Coward
Israel
11/17/2012 01:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Big Irish Bastard

ohh! finally some common sense! thank you!! i send you a big hug, you seem to get the real picture.

this is the real story... 1m people in the line of fire in the south of israel (this have grown to 4m or so? idk? in the last days) and about 80% of the people of gaza who just wants peace and be allowed to shop/work/whatever in isreal.

the only thing that needs attention is the hourly missile attacks, if they would cease peace can be made.

hamas is preventing peace and whatever the op of this post thinks about the condition of gaza (which is probably true, these people are really poor because of this conflict) - is because of the hamas.

if there was a possibility to just go there and shoot all the 1s who are causing all of this mess in the head and then sign REAL peace with the REAL people of gaza who want peace, i wouldnt be the 1st one standing in line to get my whatever they give me.

hf hf hf hf hf

smooch smooch smooch smooch smooch <-- i send you this, if you are a girl then you can switch the girls to boys, or dont switch if you like? haha

happyheart
Disillusioning  (OP)

United States
11/17/2012 01:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

i'm sorry, i think that too many posts from people who have no clue just pissed me and it came a bit on you.

i wish you well and not for your death and sorry about my hard words, but i stand for them (not for the insults that came with the mood).

this condition have gone too far, this war was not a question of if, it was just a question of when. i do suspect that the zionist gov (thats the only zionist thing in israel) have chosen the timing for this and it is not an accident, but i do not believe that a full on war will emerge from this.

but, as i can write whatever i want and u can reply whatever u think of.., there are still missiles falling. close to 50% is intercepted by iron shield missile defense system which leaves a rate of "only" 100 per day.

most of the missiles are home made but still enough to kill every1 in a house where it hits, the danger is real for many people.

most of the people of isreal didnt chose to be here, they just are because they have no where to go.

ofakim is the city with the highest unemployment rate in israel, about 70% or smt crazy, this place is getting 10's of hits every day for years, and the people there really have nothing to eat and dont care about gaza or whatever - they are the reason for this war and this is why i'm pro this war.

i'm not pro war with iran, i think that this is a big lie and even the talk in the street is about how the media is telling bullshits about it and there is no threat.

but there is a big difference between iran and gaza - iran is talking the talk, they are living well there and have a great country and only talk once in a while about israel, on gaza they are shooting missiles at israel and then go hide in places where they know the idf wont hit them (like under hospital or children shelters).

the condition of the south of israel have became so accepted that its less then a title on the news, between the headlines and the weather "and there was 2 missiles in bla bla this afternoon, 2 deads", this have to stop.

i hope that this operation goes smoothly and well and that there wont be deaths on any side, but also that this wont end until something changed and 1m people will get their lifes back, they deserve it like every1 else.

i know many good people who are on active duty now in the forces who are waiting to get to gaza. most of them hate being there, but they do it for their friends who are also there, for their families and friends who have suffered injuries from missiles attacks, and mostly because there is no1 else and they just have to, hell if the idf would call me and ask me to come and help get the life of these 1m people back i would have gone to do what i can to help them or the poor people in gaza who are being used as a human shield for these terror acts.

anyhow it should end in a few days.

hf

You sound like a good person, and that doesn't surprise me. I went back and read my original post and realized it may have sound that I hope for the destruction of Israel, when really I was outlining the conflicting thoughts within myself of choosing a side, and realizing that the one side (the Palestinians) want the destruction of Israel, while the IDF want the destruction of the Hamas (at any cost it seems). I was trying to say that I can't, in my right mind, side with either, and the confliction that arises from my sister being present there has made me realize that my ideas of Israel has been flawed for some time. Because I realize you can NEVER hate a whole country, but rather, can only hate those that run the country. Or even not hate them, but hate their ideology.

I did not make that very clear in my original post and that was my fault. I do hope this ends, and I do feel for the southern dwelling Israeli's. While I am in the armed forces, I can only imagine what life must be like there.

I appreciate your view that Hamas needs to be eliminated with as little collateral as possible. I do not follow MSM here, and think those that do are more FUCKED than I. Iran is a different story, my fear is that they are trying to tie Iran to the new fajr5 rockets that are being fired from Gaza. From what I see they saying Iran is funding and supplying Hamas and the al-quds brigade inside Gaza via the Sudanese/Egyptian tunnels. This is what scares me, war with Iran because of this ^ would be scary.

Anyways, it sounds like we agree more than we initial thought.

Godbless, be safe and may our ideas outlive and outshine those *ideas that are darker.

Last Edited by Disillusioning on 11/17/2012 01:38 AM

GLP