Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,339 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 927,681
Pageviews Today: 1,653,856Threads Today: 701Posts Today: 12,494
06:47 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

A compilation I made with hopes to inspire others... The future is our children.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25935062
Canada
11/17/2012 11:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: A compilation I made with hopes to inspire others... The future is our children.
Ghey. And I mean, like Richard Simmons ghey.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27848208

Can you explain that absurd comment please?
 Quoting: Sloane

If he tried you probaly could not understand again or translating it would give you an ulcer or a brain aneurysm.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27108958
United States
11/18/2012 12:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: A compilation I made with hopes to inspire others... The future is our children.
Ghey. And I mean, like Richard Simmons ghey.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27848208

Can you explain that absurd comment please?

If he tried you probaly could not understand again or translating it would give you an ulcer or a brain aneurysm.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25935062

lmao

Really. Why did I even ask?

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1543622
United States
11/18/2012 12:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Giving is a great thing no matter how you do it. We don't have much but the good stuff from giving always comes back in our experience. I prefer to give directly and locally now. Kudos to you!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 27958916
United States
11/18/2012 12:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Giving is a great thing no matter how you do it. We don't have much but the good stuff from giving always comes back in our experience. I prefer to give directly and locally now. Kudos to you!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1543622

:)

A lot of people work on the local level, I see that.. Even I..

But I still feel this emptiness inside me... Any opportunity to help, is an opportunity worth having.

:)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27945611
United States
11/18/2012 12:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know,

If I could open a charity myself,

I would.

I have to find the best possible for the circumstances.

Thank you <3
 Quoting: Prophet.

I no longer donate one dime to any charity.When I donate I find someone that needs help and put the money in their hand.I found out during the tornado outbreaks that most the money donated never actually goes to the people needing it.Sure things get donated to them but when you have nothing and starting over cash in hand helps the person the most.A charity wont do that and the outrageous amount that goes to management is unreal.

[link to www2.wnct.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22621726
Australia
11/18/2012 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know,

I would.

Thank you <3

I no longer donate one dime to any charity.When I donate I find someone that needs help and put the money in their hand.I found out during the tornado outbreaks that most the money donated never actually goes to the people needing it.Sure things get donated to them but when you have nothing and starting over cash in hand helps the person the most.A charity wont do that and the outrageous amount that goes to management is unreal.

[link to www2.wnct.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27945611

We had some terrible fires a couple years back and I decided not to donate to the national charity. I found a way to locate affected families and they made a list of what belongings were destroyed. People then pledged to buy them that item and deliver it to them.
Families that were affected by this natural disaster still claim to have not seen any of the donated money.

Where does it go?

Then we had huge floods and I took to my local supermarket and just felt compelled to speak with the manager. He agreed to donate gift cards and put a donation table at the front of store. We then drove the goods 300kms to one affected town and actually got to see first hand the good it does. We then picked a home that was flooded and started cleaning up and giving a hand where it was needed.

There is always someone in need, sometimes small things, sometimes large. It all makes a difference.

Like the OP, I have a need to help others. I have spent some time figuring out the best way to give of myself. I have come to realise that the little things around the community make a huge difference, even just giving someone a smile. So I do the best I can and take the opportunities as they come. We sponsor through World Vision and I just have to trust that it's making a difference in the life of the child. I trust no other charity.
hf
Stu

User ID: 16666051
United States
11/18/2012 12:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's hard in this day and age... I searched around for charities, and found a great one..
Unicef -

I truly believe that we can all make a difference in many lives...

I created this song awhile back, made some adjustments too it, to help promote unicef, and be able to contribute to society myself.-
Check out the video! Like the video maybe?? :) Either way!

I have a donate link and also a buy link. They are in the description of the video on youtube.
80% of all proceeds goes to Unicef. - The other 20% go towards continuing promotion to reach out and get more proceeds to help Unicef.

When people ask me my dream? It's to TRULY help provide opportunity for others.
I can't make it happen alone...

I ask you guys for a couple things... Very simple.. And takes a minute out of your day.
If you can't donate/purchase the song? No problem.
Please repost this song on your facebooks, twitters, mocospace, google+ etc.. Whatever social network possible. Please post why I am trying to do this...

People tell me I'll never make a difference.. That I'll never be able to help.

I hope that they are wrong, and my efforts thus far have not been in vain.

I've been around G.L.P for a long while now.. I know you guys have for the most part good intentions..

This is an opportunity to help create good for others..

- Thank you guys for checking this thread out..

Helping me take one more step to having a dream come true. -

I do expect some flaming from this.. but I will follow my path.. Doing the best I can..knowing... I can't control others. <3
/With Love

-Prophet.red_heart

the best thing you can do is to help yourself...

it's counter-intuitive, but people notice when you help yourself

simplistic?

sorry but thats just too bad because this world needs to be more counter-intuitive instead of group-thinkism and ad nauseum. The time for words are over I know beyond a fact because the Laws of Nature don't allow endless lip-moving to run the Show.

Action and Intent.

-Ramana
Prophet.  (OP)

United States
11/18/2012 12:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's something I want to do.
It's something in my heart I know is right.

It's something that benefits all around.

I could try to just benefit myself.. but it feels much better trying to help as well.

So...

I think we just have two different world outlooks. I understand that, but I still would like to help.

<3
Prophet~
Stu

User ID: 16666051
United States
11/18/2012 12:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
only Truth trumps the over-used and over-banged whore of the English word called Love.

Its been sodomized, sensationalized, trans-mogrified, forsaken, false-idolized, in the name of Jesus Christ supersized and ad-nauseum. I won't elaborate.

Only Truth rules the day. The clues are there.

Figure it out.

Now shut up.

-Ramana
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2421834
Philippines
11/18/2012 01:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here is what I do on my end to help others and anyone who wants to help can be assured that 100% of the amount donated goes directly to those in need as I am doing this out of love for my fellow man. There are no administrative costs, and the Mindanao project is 100% self supported with all profits going to the education of its employees and the children on the streets.

[link to youtu.be]

Want to see just how far a little money can go towards helping the street children here in Davao?

$25 will provide a medical screening and up to one month of medications needed for a child. (Many of the infants and very young children I have encountered appear to need immediate medical check ups and treatment)

$50 will provide basic dental care for 5 children.(This includes a thorough check-up, cleaning, and filling of up to two cavities.)

$50 will provide 100 meals for the children. (Today alone I provided meals for over 45 children which consisted of chicken, rice, gravy, and pineapple Juice. Several other children showed up late, but unfortunately I had to draw the line somewhere.)

$50 will provide 100 pairs of sandals. (Here kids wear their sandals until they have holes in the bottom and that exposes them to worms and other hazards in the ground that can cause infection and discomfort. Sandals are desperately needed and very inexpensive.)

$35 can provide school supplies and school uniforms which are required to attend the free public schools. This is all that prevents many of these children from attending school. A single donation of $35 will give a child the opportunity to attend school.
Included in a donation of $35:

Uniform including socks and black shoes
pens
paper
pencils
pocket English dictionaries
calculators
notebook
crayons
scissors
colored construction paper
modeling clay
white glue
scotch tape
ruler

The Mindanao project is accepting donations via Paypal. Just send your donation as a gift to: [email protected] 100% of your donation goes to those who need it most, the children of Davao. No administrative costs will be deducted from the amount donated. For more information about the Mindanao Project you can send an email to the same address.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27848208
United States
11/18/2012 01:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP you seem like an obvious libtard to me. And you like every libtard, you have trouble distinguishing between what you believe is that you are trying to help people, but in reality is that you hate everyone and would in actually love to hurt everyone.

Try to to figure it out libtard.
Prophet.  (OP)

United States
11/18/2012 01:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
I love how people are attributing "disqualities" about me (Love using made up words)
in order to sidetrack my true ambitions.

I don't care if you feel it's "libtard." I feel children, of all people in this world, deserve a chance at life.

If you think that's wrong...

I am sorry.

I am in pursuit of happiness.

I intend to continue. - I am interested in looking at other charities..
I am not so interested in being flamed, and told how to live my life..
I am not so interested in being told what to say either.

This is my freedom being expressed...

I am sorry.

Children deserve opportunity.
We all deserve freedom.

<3

/With Love
Prophet~
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 807883
United States
11/18/2012 01:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why not just anonymously give to someone you know that is struggling?

0% chance of misappropriated funds.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27421594
United States
11/18/2012 01:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know,

I would.

Thank you <3

[link to www2.wnct.com]

Me, too.

But I have friends in Haiti so I am having one of them find a single mother with a child or children and I am going to arrange to send her $ monthly for her to keep her child fed and going to school or for her to start a business to help her family. I refuse to give to any organizations save maybe Doctors without Borders. I trust my friend to find me the right person through is family who is involved in helping there. They are Haitian.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 01:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
I love how people are attributing "disqualities" about me (Love using made up words)

I don't care if you feel it's "libtard." I feel children, of all people in this world, deserve a chance at life.

I am sorry.

I am sorry.

We all deserve freedom.

<3

/With Love

I read the op then this post.

This all stinks to high hell.

Sorry OP that is just how I "feel"
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 01:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

I am sorry.

I am sorry.

We all deserve freedom.

<3

/With Love

I read the op then this post.

This all stinks to high hell.

Sorry OP that is just how I "feel"
 Quoting: Jacked Burton

We are all GOD's "children" sorry if we got to many wrinkles for you for you to think we are still worth charity.

Is this reverse "Trickle Down" charity/economics you are practicing?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 01:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
TO solve a problem(false scarcity) don't you need to get to the root of the problem(greed)?
Judethz

User ID: 20521597
United Kingdom
11/18/2012 01:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why not just anonymously give to someone you know that is struggling?

0% chance of misappropriated funds.
 Quoting: Jacked Burton

grizzy I agree. All those LIVE 8 concerts in aid of Africa turned out to be a big scam...the money raised actually went to pay off African nations debt owed for aid in previous years...which mostly went to line peoples pockets.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27841129
United States
11/18/2012 02:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
UNICEF is a United Nations organization. The CEO is paid approximately a half-million American dollars per year. Since they are under the UN umbrella, their efficiency rating is wildly skewed.

I hope you, and many others, continue to support this organization as much as possible.
 Quoting: 535 1326993

Save The Children is doing great work . . . .

yak another do

Seriously!?!?!?!? They support kids who become our future terrorists!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention that most other countries DON'T want them because they 'preach' too much and are way too pushy.

Also, check what their CEO makes.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 02:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know,

I would.

Thank you <3

[link to www2.wnct.com]

I definitely agree with you here. I especially will NOT donate to the red cross anymore, after finding out at least 60% of the money donated for victims in Haiti - WENT TO THE MIDDLE EAST!

RC's campaign for the east coast hurricane victims is just another sham too. I doubt anyone will ever get a penny from them.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 02:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
I would be shocked if OP came back here. Shit just got to REAL for them.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 02:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
local Salvation Army, look into it.They help many people and families.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27563215

NOPE! Take a look at their balance sheets as well. Waaaaaaay too much is skimmed off the top for the top.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 02:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry for all the negative, OP.

I have just seen too much graft and scamming for the sake of 'charity' of whatever name.

I do believe in charity, and I think your heart is good and that you are trying to do good things.

Someone stated charity begins at home and I tend to agree with this.

Find something local you can throw your heart in. Or find an individual or family you can help. A lot of your public schools/teachers can point you to a family in need.

How about being a foster parent. They are in extreme need everywhere.

If you live close to an NDN reservation - they are usually in severe need.

We have a local charity that works with retarded citizens. They do a lot of good, and help these people get work that they can do.

Of course, some local charities can be just as bad. One of ours, a religious diety's house, was just outed for their CEO making almost 200K a year, while the 'house' itself suffered.

All everyone is trying to say is just 'be careful'. Your money doesn't always do what you want it too, despite the claims. Unfortunately in these days of cheating and lying your way to the top, you can't really trust anyone.

Another idea: If you have a local college, see if they will match your money for scholarships (a lot will) and then set up a scholarship program where you can interview the recipient yourself - to determine need. Even a small scholarship of 2-500 dollars is great and can help a struggling student to try to keep out of debt to the govt.

Good Luck OP! Your heart is in the right place.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24279842
Canada
11/18/2012 02:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Paraphrased from The Book: When you give your alms, do not be like the hypocrites who trumpet their generosity in the streets. Their pride is their reward. But when you give your alms, give it in secret (anonymously). Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. Then your heavenly father, who sees what you are doing in secret, will openly reward you.

All organized charities are scams, every single one, including the Sally Ann (which I used to work for). I can't believe someone is on here shilling for Unicef or any of the other big-name scams. Brand-name charities only care about the money, not the people they purport to help.

If you have an unquenchable do-gooder instinct, find someone who needs your help, and help them directly. The best way to find someone is to ask God to bring that person to you or to show you in some way. Then don't lord over them how much you're helping, but do it anonymously and quietly. That's true charity.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24279842
Canada
11/18/2012 02:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

NOPE! Take a look at their balance sheets as well. Waaaaaaay too much is skimmed off the top for the top.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27841129

I used to work for Sally Ann. They're as much scammers as any other big-name charity, only they put their pious faces on to mask it. The volunteers are always wonderful people, though. Most volunteers don't have a clue how that organization is really run, or where the money goes.
in5d

User ID: 26897578
United States
11/18/2012 03:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
that's why I come to a website full of doomtards... to help raise their vibrations.

hf
Prophet.  (OP)

United States
11/18/2012 03:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Seems the personal suggestions show the reason why there is a lack of help in this world.

I truly believe that if I raised enough,

I could go over and help these people myself.

I do know 100% sure, that I am going to spend my life trying to help... Any way I can.

I don't need to explain to you... nor you explain to me.

I'd like you to fly over to these areas and explain to them/See the ones in your own streets and explain to them.

Last Edited by Prophet. on 11/18/2012 03:11 AM
Prophet~
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 03:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27841129

I used to work for Sally Ann. They're as much scammers as any other big-name charity, only they put their pious faces on to mask it. The volunteers are always wonderful people, though. Most volunteers don't have a clue how that organization is really run, or where the money goes.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24279842

Very true. Good volunteers. Lack of knowledge.
Prophet.  (OP)

United States
11/18/2012 03:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
I wish people could just see the good in things, and focus on it...

Why does everyone dwell on the negative?
-

Also: Local support is on a different scale.

Why can't others branch out?

Last Edited by Prophet. on 11/18/2012 03:19 AM
Prophet~
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 03:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Seems the personal suggestions show the reason why there is a lack of help in this world.

I truly believe that if I raised enough,

I could go over and help these people myself.

I do know 100% sure, that I am going to spend my life trying to help... Any way I can.

I don't need to explain to you... nor you explain to me.

I'd like you to fly over to these areas and explain to them/See the ones in your own streets and explain to them.

OK, now I am angry. I give you suggestions to help you and YOU accuse me of NOT HELPING!

Explanations are not needed. YOu have now demonstrated that you are only in the for 'self-grandizement'.

So may this thread die a fast death.

GLP