Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,952 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 803,193
Pageviews Today: 1,484,461Threads Today: 707Posts Today: 12,416
04:38 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Wait - Wuh?? Some Hostess Workers Feel 'Relief' at Losing Jobs ??????????

Manu-Koelbren

User ID: 27871403
Spain
11/18/2012 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Wait - Wuh?? Some Hostess Workers Feel 'Relief' at Losing Jobs ??????????
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is getting famous for being one of the only high level elected official in the country who's telling the truth about how public employee unions and their corrupt partnership with the Democrats are destroying us financially......the truth was told on 60 Minutes.

video 60 Minutes Shows How Unions/Dems Destroying US
[link to www.wrko.com]
 Quoting: Phennommennonn

The public employee unions are the really evil ones. They hold all the taxpayers hostage. They should be outlawed. I believe FDR said as much.

The Hostess workers were played, but it's their own fault. The stupid comments about being "relieved" to lose the best paycheck they'll ever have shows that someone was egging them on here. It may have even been management.

In my view the company WANTED to close it down. The workers were outside the factories, unable to occupy them or vandalize them. The CEO gets more pay this year because the corporation is liquidating.

Now the factories are locked up tight and safe, the workers are gone, and the factories and even the brand name can be sold to another operator, who will hire and rehire workers unencumbered by those labor agreements and pension obligations.

Bimbo, the big Mexican baking company, is a possible buyer who comes to mind.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28008747

Yeah anyway the commie minded workers don't really understand the concept that sometimes you gotta make an effort to keep afloat. It doesn't help though when they see that the higher ups are making a ton so I think companies should be sensible in this regard. The truth is that if money was still worth anything people would be more willing to sacrifice knowing they could save and do something with their lives. Nowadays in big government land you can't expect to save, you can only look forward to ask for a loan and become a debt slave.
Banned as usual.

“It is far easier to be a weakling than to be a Real Man. Were the Earth less harsh or the circumstances of life less austere, man would destroy himself before the shrine of the languid goddess. Only Real Men can with safety destroy the tangled forests and wilderness of Earth and make from them gardens, but will those who inherit the gardens be Real Men? The law decrees that they must be, or the wilderness will reclaim its own.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23427044
United States
11/18/2012 03:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
For years I gave to the local Food Pantry. Even before the government took them over, when the church just did it by itself with donations from the community. I always heard their Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets were awesome - and I donated food for them.

Last year I was on FMLA and had to go their to receive food instead of give it. They had some good food and told me I'd just missed signing up for their holiday baskets (you have to do it way ahead of time.) For over a month now, after losing my job, I've looked forward to a little happiness at receiving my first ever Thanksgiving basket. I got it. I've got a paper bag full of Acme canned beef stew and chili, spaghetti bags and two small cardboard containers of milk. The only thing remotely relevant to Thanksgiving is a can of Acme whole cranberry sauce. They gave me a card to pick up my own turkey at the store. That was nice.

The beef stew and chili - I actually vomited after eating it when I tried it before. And the other members of my house are old, ill and the amount of sodium in those cans could kill them - they are already on diuretics.

I don't qualify for food stamps, my unemployment is like $20 over the amount. I don't even qualify for heating assistance and I need OIL to survive. I e-mailed my rep at the labor department to ask about whether I needed a certificate for doing a certain type of job I was interested in. I can't get a reply from him about anything. Apparently they are not that interested in getting me back to work.

I'm just sayin', while there are a lot of moochers out there, at the same time there is a lot of suffering and being poor ain't the gravy train that some people think it is.

My neighbor on the other hand, he's collecting unemployment, doing work under the table, has an Obamaphone and just got his girlfriend pregnant. And he's living better than I am.

I would ask, for those of you who can, to buy some decent food and donate it to someone in your area that is helping the needy. My community didn't do it. Remember - at any point in time - it could be YOU looking for help.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23427044
United States
11/18/2012 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Unions have helped destroy this country. That is obvious. All my life the people I knew who were sitting home on their asses were collecting some kind of Union pension while the rest of us toiled away. Unions are where Capitilism defeats itself. Anything that is good can turn bad when it is misused.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10662478
New Zealand
11/18/2012 03:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well watching twinkies on a conveyor belt day in and day out must get pretty boring.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17112172
United States
11/18/2012 03:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Rail Road Union memer here

Do most of you realize, I have to pay union dues or the railroad fires me.

Yes, the company itself will fire me.

Im not disagreeing that the union memers should of taken that cut to keep their jobs.

Im not disagreeing that unions have fucked a lot of things up.

Please keep in mind that I need to work like the rest and the job I fell into makes me pay dues. If I dont I get fired.
IJumpInIt
User ID: 24238594
United States
11/18/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Phennommennonn -

12 years ago when the I.T. departments had a 'CIO' level, the tech field was booming and great. Then came the fall.

As businesses saw computers and their support structure as a 'cost' rather than a 'revenue generator', more and more companies dumped the 'CIO' level and put I.T. departments under a business manager. Thats when the pay cuts started.

I knew two guys - both programmers at the same company making 80k in 2004. Their entire department had an across the board cut in pay of 50%, so as to not make it look like any one person was singled out.

Now, going from 80k to 40k in a week is still 40k to live off of. One ended in divorce and then lost his job due to the drama involved, then lost everything and ended up homeless.

The second guy stayed around until he found a better job, and he found a better paying job though he had to relocate from Florida to California. His marriage did not make it though.

My point? Some families get so used to a certain income and never think it will happen to them. In these two cases both lost their marriages over a 50% cut in pay. Some handle it better than others.

As for those glad Hostess closed down, all I can say is sometimes when we have had enough we just want it to end. However it ends doesn't matter anymore. This is they dying of the American spirit of upward mobility to the new downward mobility.

Until we have a POTUS and Senate which promotes business and upward mobility instead of 'Revenge', I fear this is the new normal.

Sad, isn't it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1925572
United States
11/18/2012 03:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hostess employees in Nash County, North Carolina on Friday were relieved that they would lose their jobs because union workers would not agree to an 8-percent pay cut, which was approved by a bankruptcy judge, and end their strike, which crippled the company's factories across the United States.

I guess that is more comforting than surmising they were beset by a flood of conscience about making GMO-laden, ultra processed "food" that was contributing to runaway type 2 diabetes and furthering Agenda 21? Attributing it to basic human sloth and laziness as opposed to a deeper participation in a perverse, conspiratorial form of codex alimentarius is less disturbing, maybe...
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 03:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Rail Road Union memer here

Do most of you realize, I have to pay union dues or the railroad fires me.

Yes, the company itself will fire me.

Im not disagreeing that the union memers should of taken that cut to keep their jobs.

Im not disagreeing that unions have fucked a lot of things up.

Please keep in mind that I need to work like the rest and the job I fell into makes me pay dues. If I dont I get fired.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17112172

By any other measure that would be called EXTORTION!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25664589
United States
11/18/2012 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
The employees in the article are DUMB. They will just find another job in an area with 11% unemployment.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28018383
United States
11/18/2012 03:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Phen said "unions are extortionists."

THAT IS SO VERY ACCURATE. Best way to put it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6227939
United States
11/18/2012 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hostess employees in Nash County, North Carolina on Friday were relieved that they would lose their jobs because union workers would not agree to an 8-percent pay cut, which was approved by a bankruptcy judge, and end their strike, which crippled the company's factories across the United States.

[link to www.breitbart.com]

why !!!!?? so they can all sit home, and qualify for

drum roll plz...........

unemployment & extensions if applicable (see respective state)

medicaid/medical (respective state)
free clinics (respective state if applicable)

the obama phone
[link to www.safelinkwireless.com (secure)]

the obama mtg assistance
[link to www.governmentrefinanceassistance.com]

10$ internet/comcast
[link to stopthecap.com]

food stamps (free food)
[link to www.fns.usda.gov]

section 8 housing (free rent)
[link to www.housingvoucher.org]

free clothing vouchers (via respective state)

free, tv, furniture, fixtures via local charity programs

oh and the holidays are coming - what about the FREE fucking christmas programs such as

salvation army
toys for tots
other church charity programs
[link to christmas-help-for-low-income-families.app-storm747-1.aidpage​.com]

what the fuck..?! theyre not "relieved" bc the "fightings over" - bc thats a buncha high pressure BULLSHIT.

unions suck the lifeforce out of businesses, then the workforce.

with all the fuckin money you pay in dues & that the unions have in the bank/investments - when you go on strike - you shouldnta had to go paycheckless - those cocksuckers shoulda been paying YOU to strike. THATS what you idiots shoulda "negotiated" when you allowed that union to organize your employer......dumbass "fuck you - pay me"

its bad enough we have to carry illegals
and all those who've lost their jobs due to this mfr'd economic collapse

YOU dumbass union whores now have to add to the burden of the already stressed american taxpaying tit.

enjoy your poverty fuck-holes

:nopity:

I SECOND THIS OPINION..and i approve this message :)
nzreva

User ID: 19624091
United States
11/18/2012 03:43 PM

Report Abusive Post
They won't feel relieved for very long.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27936947

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25023241
United States
11/18/2012 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
When Reality sets in, it will bite them in the butt in the end.
Carshy McCarsh

User ID: 28018204
United States
11/18/2012 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
99 weeks of paid vacation.

Life is sweet!

drunk
Tell me what this tastes like...
Carshy McCarsh

User ID: 28018204
United States
11/18/2012 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi, Moran...

Perhaps YOU would like to return to the days of Child Labor, Sweat Shops, Slave Labor, 90 hour work-weeks, no holidays, no vacations, no sick-leave, no health care.

(All of the "benefits" that working people enjoy now were lobbied for by Labor Unions)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1481180

putin

That was a century ago.
In the last 100 years, unions have simply crippled capitalism, the free market, and the right to work.

They are now a criminal thugocracy, and fit perfectly with the criminal thugocracy in charge of DC.
Tell me what this tastes like...
Ziggy
User ID: 1000901
United States
11/18/2012 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
What a bunch of dumb asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were no options or time for negotiations, just shut the place and I will show you.......Yea, and I will take all my toys and go home.

I guess the 16,000 "Twinkeies" will just walk over the job tree and pick a new one......Just that easy!

What a bunch of dumb asses in this economy.

dumbass laugh
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12064276
United States
11/18/2012 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
like i always say -- union workers are lazy....especially the dark color skin ones.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26997708
United States
11/18/2012 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
They will not be able to get unemployment since it was a strike
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1549835

... hope that is correct! ...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15680976
United States
11/18/2012 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Phennommennonn -

12 years ago when the I.T. departments had a 'CIO' level, the tech field was booming and great. Then came the fall.

As businesses saw computers and their support structure as a 'cost' rather than a 'revenue generator', more and more companies dumped the 'CIO' level and put I.T. departments under a business manager. Thats when the pay cuts started.

I knew two guys - both programmers at the same company making 80k in 2004. Their entire department had an across the board cut in pay of 50%, so as to not make it look like any one person was singled out.

Now, going from 80k to 40k in a week is still 40k to live off of. One ended in divorce and then lost his job due to the drama involved, then lost everything and ended up homeless.

The second guy stayed around until he found a better job, and he found a better paying job though he had to relocate from Florida to California. His marriage did not make it though.

My point? Some families get so used to a certain income and never think it will happen to them. In these two cases both lost their marriages over a 50% cut in pay. Some handle it better than others.

As for those glad Hostess closed down, all I can say is sometimes when we have had enough we just want it to end. However it ends doesn't matter anymore. This is they dying of the American spirit of upward mobility to the new downward mobility.

Until we have a POTUS and Senate which promotes business and upward mobility instead of 'Revenge', I fear this is the new normal.

Sad, isn't it.
 Quoting: IJumpInIt 24238594

This guy has it. In the last months of hostess the hired up a liquidation expert and granted pay raises to CEOs in the range of 200%-300%. A 2.5 billion dollar a year company going bankrupt doesn't act the way they were unless they were simply using the bankruptcy as a tool towards union busting. This gave them only two potential outcomes, both favoring those who have the leverage. Either the workers take the pay cuts, cuts in benefits, and removal of pension, or they go bankrupt and sell off. Either way they know they can all go from 500k-700k a year to a 2m+ a year.

Welcome to corporate America. Everything is a cost and when looked at it is no longer "How does this benefit us" it is "can we do without this?" This approach of greed will continue to promote downward mobility as the elite in-fight with who is the "most elite" while hardworking Americans lose their jobs. As if that wasn't enough they have to listen to mouth breathers who don't get it give them a hard time.
Prophet.

User ID: 27958916
United States
11/18/2012 03:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
This thread... Very enlightening.
Prophet~
Holldoll

User ID: 24459229
United States
11/18/2012 03:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Actually, it's a bit more difficult to get on some of those programs than a lot of you would like to think. I remember when my husband got laid of we applied or some of those things. Food stamps was relatively easy, but depending on where you live a lot of times the social workers drill into you depending on your situation. They were pretty nice to us since he got laid off and got a job within a couple of weeks, but as far as unemployment goes, in the state we were living in at the time, in order to get unemployment you had to do job interviews, like 4 a week or something like that. By the time he would have qualified he was lucky enough to get another job anyway so it wasn't needed. Even if it was a lower paying job, it was still a job. Section 8 is incredibly difficult to get, it takes years, and you have to have a pretty low income during those years and if you have a new job or pay increase you're supposed to report all those things within 10 days. I lived on section 8, and food stamps growing up, because my mom was a single parent. She actually had a decent job, but even though she worked all the time and poor ..I still wish I'd have gotten more time with her, but she worked non-stop just for us to survive. If it wasn't for food stamps and section 8 we'd have starved and been in a shelter. These people probably worked their butts off for some time for crappy pay, and now they get a break. I get it, so I'm not going to judge them if they did qualify for government stuff.
deano
User ID: 28019121
New Zealand
11/18/2012 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
When you dont qualify for unemloyment, you qualify for the emergency benefit when you prove you cant pay the rent and feed yourself, thats here anyways.

Thing i dont understand is how much gets provided to you when unemployed, its hard to make a living working a real job, and these people Get much of what you have to work for for free.

I guess if you didnt help them they would have to turn to crime or become sick spread diseases amongst the community from malnutrition
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 04:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Phennommennonn -

Sad, isn't it.
 Quoting: IJumpInIt 24238594

This guy has it. In the last months of hostess the hired up a liquidation expert and granted pay raises to CEOs in the range of 200%-300%. A 2.5 billion dollar a year company going bankrupt doesn't act the way they were unless they were simply using the bankruptcy as a tool towards union busting. This gave them only two potential outcomes, both favoring those who have the leverage. Either the workers take the pay cuts, cuts in benefits, and removal of pension, or they go bankrupt and sell off. Either way they know they can all go from 500k-700k a year to a 2m+ a year.

Welcome to corporate America. Everything is a cost and when looked at it is no longer "How does this benefit us" it is "can we do without this?" This approach of greed will continue to promote downward mobility as the elite in-fight with who is the "most elite" while hardworking Americans lose their jobs. As if that wasn't enough they have to listen to mouth breathers who don't get it give them a hard time.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15680976

Thank you AC 15680976. 'Downward mobility' seems to be the new normal. What do you think?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18006709
United States
11/18/2012 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
newsflashshill
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21467172
United States
11/18/2012 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
why don't you get off your ass and get a job Phenom.
geminilion

User ID: 12895036
United States
11/18/2012 04:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow...I was devastated when I got laid off. I really wasn't expecting that reaction, maybe I'm naive I don't know.
..."The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny ... it is the light that guides your way."
Heraclitus
~Magik~

User ID: 28020593
United Kingdom
11/18/2012 04:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hope they will find better jobs.

Badly run companies don't deserve to exist.
They shouldn't expect employees to work for them for peanuts whilst they pocket the profits.
Unions are there to protect the working class, otherwise companies would take advantage of people for their own benefit.

Some of these people have worked for Hostess for years, putting tax money into the governments coffers. They deserve any help they get.

Good luck to those that have lost their jobs.

If you love twinkies or whatever so much, go work for hostess for peanuts yourself.
~Magik~

User ID: 28020593
United Kingdom
11/18/2012 04:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
why don't you get off your ass and get a job Phenom.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21467172

cruise Work for Hostess ! They will pay you in Twinkies... lol
PhennommennonnModerator  (OP)
Forum Administrator

11/18/2012 04:37 PM

Report Abusive Post
Bbs to answer posts.
political correctness is a doctrine.... fostered by a delusional, illogical minority...... and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media; which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
TSWB21

User ID: 1267719
United States
11/18/2012 04:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
They will have fun trying to find a new job with hostess on their app.

They need a black ball list in private industry for these union workers that kill a company.

GLP