Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,978 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 535,113
Pageviews Today: 854,331Threads Today: 345Posts Today: 5,374
09:11 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Wait - Wuh?? Some Hostess Workers Feel 'Relief' at Losing Jobs ??????????

Instant Karma

User ID: 25981580
United States
11/18/2012 04:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Wait - Wuh?? Some Hostess Workers Feel 'Relief' at Losing Jobs ??????????
Typical corporation blaming labor for their mismanagement. Management takes the credit when the company does well, but never takes the blame when it doesn't.
 Quoting: Instant Karma

costs go up annually.

UIB premiums
HC premiums
payroll taxes
et al etc....

8pct pay cut is chump change compared to having NO JOB AT ALL
you fuckin goober assed shill.

whats 8% of say avg hostess worker hourly 16.81 wage.

do the math.
 Quoting: Phennommennonn

There's no reason a company selling $2B a year can't afford to pay its workers a decent wage and still make a profit.

Considering how many people their products have likely killed or made sick, it's probably a good thing if they go out of business.

Hostess Twinkies ingredients:

Enriched wheat flour, sugar, corn syrup (GMO), niacin, water, high fructose corn syrup (GMO), vegetable and/or animal shortening – containing one or more of partially hydrogenated soybean (GMO), cottonseed (GMO) and canola oil (GMO), and beef fat, dextrose, whole eggs, modified corn starch (GMO), cellulose gum, whey, leavenings (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, monocalcium phosphate), salt, cornstarch (GMO), corn flour (GMO), corn syrup solids (GMO), mono and diglycerides, soy lecithin (GMO), polysorbate 60, dextrin, calcium caseinate, sodium stearoyl lactylate, wheat gluten, calcium sulphate, natural and artificial flavors, caramel color, yellow No. 5, red #40.

Last Edited by Gimme Some Truth on 11/18/2012 04:52 PM
Dollar Deception: How Banks Secretly Create Money:
[link to www.webofdebt.com]

ALTERED GENES, TWISTED TRUTH: How the Venture to Genetically Engineer Our Food Has Subverted Science, Corrupted Government, and Systematically Deceived the Public:
[link to www.amazon.com]

2028 End?
[link to 2028end.com]
Carshy McCarsh

User ID: 28018204
United States
11/18/2012 04:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well watching twinkies on a conveyor belt day in and day out must get pretty boring.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10662478

Yes, because everything in life must be existing and make you rich, otherwise, just go on strike until it does.

jerkit
Tell me what this tastes like...
Carshy McCarsh

United States
11/18/2012 04:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Typical corporation blaming labor for their mismanagement. Management takes the credit when the company does well, but never takes the blame when it doesn't.

costs go up annually.

UIB premiums
HC premiums
payroll taxes
et al etc....

do the math.

There's no reason a company selling $2B a year can't afford to pay its workers a decent wage and still make a profit.

putin

You've never owned a business, you've never made payroll, and you never will.

Prove me wrong.
Tell me what this tastes like...
Manu-Koelbren

User ID: 27871403
Spain
11/18/2012 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
The problem with society today is that people can't look forward to working hard for a determinate amount of time and have some upward mobility. This is due the fact that the government has inflated the currency too much to afford all the shit they promise to the entitled minded.
Banned as usual.

“It is far easier to be a weakling than to be a Real Man. Were the Earth less harsh or the circumstances of life less austere, man would destroy himself before the shrine of the languid goddess. Only Real Men can with safety destroy the tangled forests and wilderness of Earth and make from them gardens, but will those who inherit the gardens be Real Men? The law decrees that they must be, or the wilderness will reclaim its own.”
Instant Karma

United States
11/18/2012 04:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

costs go up annually.

UIB premiums
HC premiums
payroll taxes
et al etc....

do the math.

putin

Prove me wrong.
 Quoting: Carshy McCarsh

If a company can't pay a decent wage with benefits and still make a profit, there's something wrong with their business model. Corporations have been blaming labor since the beginning of the industrial age. Look at China and see how typical corporations treat their labor when they are given the chance.

Walmart is a classic example of a company that can afford to pay its workers much better and give them healthcare but rather take huge profits.

Last Edited by Gimme Some Truth on 11/18/2012 04:54 PM

ALTERED GENES, TWISTED TRUTH: How the Venture to Genetically Engineer Our Food Has Subverted Science, Corrupted Government, and Systematically Deceived the Public:
[link to www.amazon.com]

2028 End?
[link to 2028end.com]
~Magik~

User ID: 28020593
United Kingdom
11/18/2012 04:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
They will have fun trying to find a new job with hostess on their app.

They need a black ball list in private industry for these union workers that kill a company.
 Quoting: TSWB21

Theres a blacklist for people who don't know what they're doing and end up filing for bankruptcy

cruise
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28008747
United States
11/18/2012 04:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
The problem with society today is that people can't look forward to working hard for a determinate amount of time and have some upward mobility. This is due the fact that the government has inflated the currency too much to afford all the shit they promise to the entitled minded.
 Quoting: Manu-Koelbren

Not just that. Here in the USA our industry has fled overseas. We buy the stuff made overseas, but what jobs are there for local workers? Private employers with unions cannot survive and die as this one did.

But we cannot outsource our beloved government, and so we have to pay those government employee union salaries, endlessly.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28008747
United States
11/18/2012 04:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

costs go up annually.

UIB premiums
HC premiums
payroll taxes
et al etc....

do the math.

putin

Prove me wrong.

If a company can't pay a decent wage with benefits and still make a profit, there's something wrong with their business model. Corporations have been blaming labor since the beginning of the industrial age. Look at China and see how typical corporations treat their labor when they are given the chance.

Not only do we LOOK at China. We buy so much stuff made there. How can US workers compete with those wages, paid in renminbi? It's impossible.

Romney was going to erect tariffs. It was a good idea.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27895920
United States
11/18/2012 04:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
They won't feel relieved for very long.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27936947

when you look at it this way dude....lets just say for argument the money you were making on the union job was 15-18 hr....+/-...

the companys in trouble...they ask for a pay cut

reasonably speaking - there couldve been a global meetup to discuss....ALL employees - to include mgmt - to take said cut and....look for other areas to meet some of that cost, such as perhaps finding a cheaper HC policy -

even - trying a 35 hour work week
hiring PT'ers in lieu of FT'ers sometimes isnt what you want to hear but the savings keeps the business in productions bc of the cost factor.

there WERE options.

the teamsters union is memory serves, was cooperative in reaching an agreement. the bakers union remained steadfast in - im saying it....extortion.

they pulled the same fuckin shit on long island 30 yrs ago
*i think it was at entenmenns bakery in bayshore. (??)

I wouldn't take cut in pay and keep working the same number of hours just to save a company that management fucked up. I would work less hours making the same rate of pay to help keep the company afloat though. Working 40+ hours a week is fucking bullshit. Working 40+ hours a week for less pay than I was already making would not work with me.
'LIL ANGEL

User ID: 1053878
United States
11/18/2012 04:59 PM

Report Abusive Post
Hostess employees in Nash County, North Carolina on Friday were relieved that they would lose their jobs because union workers would not agree to an 8-percent pay cut, which was approved by a bankruptcy judge, and end their strike, which crippled the company's factories across the United States.

[link to www.breitbart.com]

why !!!!?? so they can all sit home, and qualify for

drum roll plz...........

unemployment & extensions if applicable (see respective state)

medicaid/medical (respective state)
free clinics (respective state if applicable)

the obama phone
[link to www.safelinkwireless.com (secure)]

the obama mtg assistance
[link to www.governmentrefinanceassistance.com]

10$ internet/comcast
[link to stopthecap.com]

food stamps (free food)
[link to www.fns.usda.gov]

section 8 housing (free rent)
[link to www.housingvoucher.org]

free clothing vouchers (via respective state)

free, tv, furniture, fixtures via local charity programs

oh and the holidays are coming - what about the FREE fucking christmas programs such as

salvation army
toys for tots
other church charity programs
[link to christmas-help-for-low-income-families.app-storm747-1.aidpage​.com]

what the fuck..?! theyre not "relieved" bc the "fightings over" - bc thats a buncha high pressure BULLSHIT.

unions suck the lifeforce out of businesses, then the workforce.

with all the fuckin money you pay in dues & that the unions have in the bank/investments - when you go on strike - you shouldnta had to go paycheckless - those cocksuckers shoulda been paying YOU to strike. THATS what you idiots shoulda "negotiated" when you allowed that union to organize your employer......dumbass "fuck you - pay me"

its bad enough we have to carry illegals
and all those who've lost their jobs due to this mfr'd economic collapse

YOU dumbass union whores now have to add to the burden of the already stressed american taxpaying tit.

enjoy your poverty fuck-holes

nopity

Many years ago, I'm not proud to say I worked QC for this WB H corp. QC was management. I was trying my hand at a corporate ladder of financial success. I quickly decided (many months) into this that it was a disgusting product and also the work ethic of plant employees was despicable and dangerous. Along with personal threats, they would throw a plastic bag into mixers or put walnuts into plain brownie bites to shut down a line or lines to "get a little paid R&R". The ramifications of this were disastrous if a consumer from the public allergic to nuts ingested a plain BB expecting no nuts. Death to some. Maintenance would have to sterilize entire lines of machinery, sometimes hours sometimes days of a shutdown. The FDA regulations and permitting of foreign material was shocking to me at the time. Other food production companies were the same I soon found out. I thought at that time getting a job and working for twenty or thirty years was what the deal was in life, I changed course and sailed into a loving healthy relationship of 26 yrs now and became a gardener. Bye, Bye Ho-Ho. You didn't get what you needed but you get what you deserve!
I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me. Jesus Christ
Stay small(in ego), stay teachable(in life), stay in the basics(keep it simple) and pay attention(to guidance). me
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does. anonymous
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24238594
United States
11/18/2012 04:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
They won't feel relieved for very long.

when you look at it this way dude....lets just say for argument the money you were making on the union job was 15-18 hr....+/-...

the companys in trouble...they ask for a pay cut

reasonably speaking - there couldve been a global meetup to discuss....ALL employees - to include mgmt - to take said cut and....look for other areas to meet some of that cost, such as perhaps finding a cheaper HC policy -

even - trying a 35 hour work week
hiring PT'ers in lieu of FT'ers sometimes isnt what you want to hear but the savings keeps the business in productions bc of the cost factor.

there WERE options.

the teamsters union is memory serves, was cooperative in reaching an agreement. the bakers union remained steadfast in - im saying it....extortion.

they pulled the same fuckin shit on long island 30 yrs ago
*i think it was at entenmenns bakery in bayshore. (??)

I wouldn't take cut in pay and keep working the same number of hours just to save a company that management fucked up. I would work less hours making the same rate of pay to help keep the company afloat though. Working 40+ hours a week is fucking bullshit. Working 40+ hours a week for less pay than I was already making would not work with me.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27895920

Another downward mobility proponent

putin
Manu-Koelbren

User ID: 27871403
Spain
11/18/2012 05:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Manu-Koelbren

Not just that. Here in the USA our industry has fled overseas. We buy the stuff made overseas, but what jobs are there for local workers? Private employers with unions cannot survive and die as this one did.

But we cannot outsource our beloved government, and so we have to pay those government employee union salaries, endlessly.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28008747

Companies leave due to excessive government intervention. I am with Friedman in this regards, the government is at fault for everything. In their ridiculous quest to save everyone from any suffering they have destroyed the chicken that gave the golden eggs. The only thing that Friedman, as a jew, failed to mention is that capitalism cannot work when your currency is created by private bankers at compound interest and with fractional reserve banking practices. Otherwise it works like a charm.
Banned as usual.

“It is far easier to be a weakling than to be a Real Man. Were the Earth less harsh or the circumstances of life less austere, man would destroy himself before the shrine of the languid goddess. Only Real Men can with safety destroy the tangled forests and wilderness of Earth and make from them gardens, but will those who inherit the gardens be Real Men? The law decrees that they must be, or the wilderness will reclaim its own.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20300723
United States
11/18/2012 05:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hostess employees in Nash County, North Carolina on Friday were relieved that they would lose their jobs because union workers would not agree to an 8-percent pay cut, which was approved by a bankruptcy judge, and end their strike, which crippled the company's factories across the United States.

drum roll plz...........

the obama phone

the obama mtg assistance

10$ internet/comcast
[link to stopthecap.com]

food stamps (free food)

oh and the holidays are coming - what about the FREE fucking christmas programs such as

salvation army
toys for tots

what the fuck..?! theyre not "relieved" bc the "fightings over" - bc thats a buncha high pressure BULLSHIT.

with all the fuckin money you pay in dues & that the unions have in the bank/investments - when you go on strike - you shouldnta had to go paycheckless - those cocksuckers shoulda been paying YOU to strike. THATS what you idiots shoulda "negotiated" when you allowed that union to organize your employer......dumbass "fuck you - pay me"

YOU dumbass union whores now have to add to the burden of the already stressed american taxpaying tit.

:nopity:

No, this is not the reason. you guys are still thinking that this was an actual strike bla,bla,bla. This was done by the union on purpose, this was designed by the democrats on purpose to close dowm this company. they have to destroy all the big company's for their plans to work. is this about section 8 lol it would take them years to get that seeing how many are waiting to get on it.Unemployment probably not seeing it was a strike,Obama phone it is said you only get like 150-250 minutes eithr way not worth giving up your job.food stamps well as they may help I doubt its enough to live on and how they going to pay rent? concast shit you wont need comcast with no home.Salvation Army free gifts lol I worked for them a couple years ago they dont take people looking for toys this late you have to try and sign up like in sept-oct.Gov. finance assitance is for if you own your home which most probably dont. so no this was designed to bring down another company to blame the republicans, to put more out of work,to Destroy America's Foundation.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27897299
United States
11/18/2012 05:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's hard to imagine a company with $2.5 Billion (with a B) in yearly sales couldn't keep its head above water.

I guess you're not very good with numbers...
 Quoting: AlcoholicRunner

I don't think they looked up their ACTUAL debt either.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17875044
United States
11/18/2012 05:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net]

Look a graphic that explains it all.
Instant Karma

United States
11/18/2012 05:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

putin

Prove me wrong.

Not only do we LOOK at China. We buy so much stuff made there. How can US workers compete with those wages, paid in renminbi? It's impossible.

Romney was going to erect tariffs. It was a good idea.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28008747

Romney promised a lot of things. As a globalist, he would not have delivered on that promise. "Free" trade is what corporations want and that's what their puppets deliver once they get in office.

[link to www.amazon.com]

2028 End?
[link to 2028end.com]
Instant Karma

United States
11/18/2012 05:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net]

Look a graphic that explains it all.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17875044

Don't confuse the anti-labor people with the facts, please.

[link to www.amazon.com]

2028 End?
[link to 2028end.com]
INK3

User ID: 27337849
United States
11/18/2012 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I had a job about 10 years ago, in which I was forced to join the union (didn't join, no job). Paid dues every year and got absolutely NOTHING in return. Someone was making a boatload of money out of our dues, but no one ever saw any benefit from it (except of course for the union bigwigs, they got rich). Disgusting.
"When tyrants tremble in their fear, and hear their death knell ringing,
When friends rejoice both far and near, how can I keep from singing"

page7
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27897299
United States
11/18/2012 05:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
I had a job about 10 years ago, in which I was forced to join the union (didn't join, no job).
 Quoting: INK3

Notice how people never mention this? I see it all the time here and on social network sites.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23940066
United States
11/18/2012 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is how vulture capitalism works. You take a company with assets you leverage it to the hilt. Get concessions from workers even if they aren't that much. Keep squeezing all the short term profit you can out of the company and when it's done you bankrupt it and sell off all the assets. No matter what these employees did the end goal would have been the same. Vulture capitalism is all about about short term profit. This is exactly what Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich were talking about.
fatrat007

User ID: 5643091
United States
11/18/2012 05:27 PM

Report Abusive Post
Yeah, the same thing happened in my area. They are fine with the company closing down.

Hostess had already made the employees start paying the company like $10 out of every paycheck. Which ends up being a around $2million if it was $10 a month from each employee for one year.

Then there were no pay raises for 5 years.

This time they wanted each employee to start paying an additional 8% of their wages. Who knows what that amounts to.

Why should an employee have to pay a major corporation to stay in business? They said to take the pay cut or we shut down for good. In my book that is blackmail.

I wonder what kind of pay cuts the people in the higher positions took during that time.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22439663

Top execs received 35% to 80% raises. The CEO went from $750,000 to over 2 million
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22439663
United States
11/18/2012 05:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, the same thing happened in my area. They are fine with the company closing down.

Hostess had already made the employees start paying the company like $10 out of every paycheck. Which ends up being a around $2million if it was $10 a month from each employee for one year.

Then there were no pay raises for 5 years.

This time they wanted each employee to start paying an additional 8% of their wages. Who knows what that amounts to.

Why should an employee have to pay a major corporation to stay in business? They said to take the pay cut or we shut down for good. In my book that is blackmail.

I wonder what kind of pay cuts the people in the higher positions took during that time.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22439663

Top execs received 35% to 80% raises. The CEO went from $750,000 to over 2 million
 Quoting: fatrat007

That is what I figured.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27936947
United States
11/18/2012 05:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's hard to imagine a company with $2.5 Billion (with a B) in yearly sales couldn't keep its head above water.

I guess you're not very good with numbers...
 Quoting: AlcoholicRunner

I don't think they looked up their ACTUAL debt either.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27897299

See my original statement idiot.
~Magik~

United Kingdom
11/18/2012 05:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
I had a job about 10 years ago, in which I was forced to join the union (didn't join, no job). Paid dues every year and got absolutely NOTHING in return. Someone was making a boatload of money out of our dues, but no one ever saw any benefit from it (except of course for the union bigwigs, they got rich). Disgusting.
 Quoting: INK3

So the company who employed you forced you to join a union ?

spock
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25880986
Canada
11/18/2012 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
I like my union..I get paid rather well thanks to them.The amount I pay in dues doesn't even come cose to what I reap,so I will gladly pay for their protection against companies that are all for themselves but fail to recognise the grunts of the company and shit on them whenever possible.Unionise it all..bout time the worker got some rights,
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 05:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

costs go up annually.

UIB premiums
HC premiums
payroll taxes
et al etc....

do the math.

putin

Prove me wrong.

Walmart is a classic example of a company that can afford to pay its workers much better and give them healthcare but rather take huge profits.

You could have saved time and effort by acknowledging that no, you have never run a business or made payroll, and never will.

Fuck off with your commie envy mindset.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/18/2012 05:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I like my union..I get paid rather well thanks to them.The amount I pay in dues doesn't even come cose to what I reap,so I will gladly pay for their protection against companies that are all for themselves but fail to recognise the grunts of the company and shit on them whenever possible.Unionise it all..bout time the worker got some rights,
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25880986

Jezuz H. Christ...
Another "I don't care who it hurts, as long as I get mine".
putin
~Magik~

United Kingdom
11/18/2012 05:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25880986

Jezuz H. Christ...
Another "I don't care who it hurts, as long as I get mine".
putin
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28018204

What would you prefer.. slave labor ??

Your'e another "I don't care who slaves away to make it, but I want my shit cheap"
DumbAss
User ID: 1987389
United States
11/18/2012 05:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

drum roll plz...........

the obama phone

the obama mtg assistance

10$ internet/comcast
[link to stopthecap.com]

food stamps (free food)

salvation army
toys for tots

:nopity:

If you can't beat them then join them...s226
~Magik~

United Kingdom
11/18/2012 05:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

putin

Prove me wrong.

You could have saved time and effort by acknowledging that no, you have never run a business or made payroll, and never will.

Fuck off with your commie envy mindset.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28018204

Why don't you go the whole hog and work for Hostess or Walmart or whoever for free. You're the commie, expecting people to step in line and get paid what "the man" decides and not what is fair.

Last Edited by ~Magik~ on 11/18/2012 05:49 PM

GLP