A sign of wealth and being lazy...as in not working class
reptarjr

User ID: 27722539
Italy
11/18/2012 08:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Is Obesity a disability ?
Depends, if they're like morbidly obese and aren't for some reason eligible for lap-band or tummy-tuck surgery. Then, yeah why not? But they need to have a nutritionist to help them try to lose weight for a year before they can become eligible.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26099747
United Kingdom
11/18/2012 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sometimes.................x
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1493908
United States
11/18/2012 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
yes it is fatty, are you planning on applying for assistance because u have bed sores and unable to do a flight of steps without getting winded?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28037458
United States
11/18/2012 08:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
If not, should it be a disability ?
 Quoting: CigarTigher

Yes, it can be fron an illness. Sometimes.
CigarTigher  (OP)

User ID: 13090071
United States
11/18/2012 08:59 PM

Report Abusive Post
yes it is fatty, are you planning on applying for assistance because u have bed sores and unable to do a flight of steps without getting winded?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1493908

Lol. I am not fat. I went to Rite Aid with my mom today and noticed a lot of severely over weight people. It was sad.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22997461
Canada
11/18/2012 09:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Get Pregnant and collect welfare.

Get obese and collect disability.

If they are going to pay the fat then pay them for the pounds they loose not for the ones they gain.

Everybody is sucking off the system these days.

Its sickening.
Veresanctus

User ID: 26108394
United States
11/18/2012 09:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obesity used to be accepted as a disability, but now it isn't unless in extreme situations.
GET SAVED: Thread: Are you SAVED from DAMNATION?

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another." -- Galatians 5:14-26
againstthegove

User ID: 25689288
Canada
11/18/2012 09:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
if it is something you can control then it is not a disability, i see disabilities as something that you cant control like downs syndrome. i have what doctors call turrets and its considered a disability but i do not consider it a disability because i have learned how to control it.

GLP