Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,825 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,137,340
Pageviews Today: 1,902,325Threads Today: 766Posts Today: 13,008
07:20 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Why are some people so hostile here on GLP?

Lars
User ID: 992118
Sweden
11/19/2012 04:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why are some people so hostile here on GLP?
They just need some nice music.

[link to mnhopkins.blogspot.se]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25023241
United States
11/19/2012 04:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Shills with an agenda looking to be divisive.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28055064
Germany
11/19/2012 04:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm not hostile so STFU you no-good born insecure rat-soup eating jock-jawed motherfucker !
Inga
User ID: 992118
Sweden
11/19/2012 04:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
And maybe some real eco butter to activate their brains.

[link to mnhopkins.blogspot.se]
Generation Doom

User ID: 20816248
United States
11/19/2012 04:53 AM

Report Abusive Post
Ive noticed that some people are hostile just because you post something they do not like. If they do not like it, why do they read it? Why all the hostility?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13127957

They feel safe saying things from behind their computer screen that they wouldn't say in real life. They need an outlet for all of that anger and frustration and GLP gives it to them.
Pray this prayer to blind Satan:
[link to flameoflove.us (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20027941
United States
11/19/2012 04:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
People were nicer before the bans. Now they get back on and they're all nasty. Half the regulars are gone. I don't even log on any more. Nobody is here anymore.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26836407

that's because MODS have banned them.

Duh!!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28050747

I REMEMBER WHEN THIS PLACE WAS MOSTLY FUNNY, NOT CIVILIZED, BUT NOTHING LIKE THE DEPTHS OF HELL IT IS NOW.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 04:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Shills with an agenda looking to be divisive.
 Quoting: NightWisp

Truer words have never been spoken. Don't forget all the NLP either.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 04:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ive noticed that some people are hostile just because you post something they do not like. If they do not like it, why do they read it? Why all the hostility?

I have no idea what you are referring to. I go to hundreds of blogs and GLP members are no different than anywhere else. Some are smarter and better educated but other than that, no idea what your thread is about.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25915094

If you do not think GLP is in a class by itself you need to surf the net just a tiny bit. Whoah !!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 05:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have noticed it is mainly people from the USA, which are in the majority here.
I just thought all Americans had this bad attitude, if not then it creates a very bad impression of their countrymen.

I am surprised that no one has told the OP to suck it up as they are been a pussy.
 Quoting: lightchild_uk

AS IF the country of origin MEANS ANYTHING AT ALL. I'D laugh but it is just to pathetic. It means nothing. It might as well say mars or venus.

Sockpuppets running wild spreading their talking points agenda for the day, Do not believe any of it. Nothing
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 05:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

Because of

A)Bullshitters
B)Bigots that need a slap
C)Racists
D)Humans!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27209687

you forgot

E) Shills
F) Bots
G) Shillbots
 Quoting: Cryin Wont Help Ya

H) lowlife assholes
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25327582

Paid posters liars with agendas. NONE of which include the love of God or Jesus, it is entirely the opposite. Bible haters abound. Jesus haters. Christian haters.

Show me one Christian loving or Jesus loving thread that has ever been pinned. Not the one that the shill sockpuppet starts a thread says something marginally nice, disappears and the satanists start their post one minute after the op post and carry on with the different sockpuppets for 10 pages of Christ/ Christian HATE, without hardly one single post that looks even remotely Christian.

Not just me that sees this. Famous
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 05:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
People just act snarky here like that hot chick named "Snark" who swears up and down "she's" really a "she" even though I've seen quite a few people claim its a "he"
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8980350

Quite a few people are blithering idiots.

We have a surplus.
 Quoting: ScrumpTheTexan

YOU being the king of them all. Go read his Alexis comments on godlikeproductions COMPLETE with his email address. Now THAT was priceless.

YOU hate this place so much what are you doing here ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20444923
United States
11/19/2012 05:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Where did all the fake postets go ?
Rising Son

User ID: 27707872
Japan
11/19/2012 05:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP - they are just unhappy people who want everyone else to be as unhappy as they are. Many of them mistake any difference of opinion as hostility, and many of them are bitter after having been hurt by other mean people. Hostility begets hostility - the best way to confront it is to show that it has no power over you, because it really doesn't. People can be as vile and disrespectful as they want to be, but at the end of the day, they're just words. When you allow them to bother you, you give those words power, and the pain you experience changes you into what caused that pain.

Last Edited by Rising Son on 11/19/2012 05:32 AM
"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Truth needs no validation because it is self-evident and undeniable. Therefore, anything that requires validation to be realized or justified as truth must contain at least some degree of falsehood.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20444923
United States
11/19/2012 05:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP - they are just unhappy people who want everyone else to be as unhappy as they are. Many of them mistake any difference of opinion as hostility, and many of them are bitter after having been hurt by other mean people. Hostility begets hostility - the best way to confront it is to show that it has no power over you, because it really doesn't. People can be as vile and disrespectful as they want to be, but at the end of the day, they're just words. When you allow them to bother you, you give those words power, and the pain you experience changes you into what caused that pain.
 Quoting: Rising Son

Bolded... NO ! Words have power in and of themselves. You do not give them power, they already have it.

WORDS HAVE GREAT POWER.
Seer777
Ride the wings of the mind

User ID: 3018467
United States
11/19/2012 05:49 AM

Report Abusive Post
Because they are in pain and have no idea how to express it properly.

Believing<--- (verb) their choice belong not to them...

It does.

We choose our tomorrow, today.

Choose wisely.

TimeKey
Difficulties strengthen the Mind as labor does the body...
~Seneca
Rising Son

Japan
11/19/2012 05:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

Bolded... NO ! Words have power in and of themselves. You do not give them power, they already have it.

WORDS HAVE GREAT POWER.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20444923

Wrong - if words do not contain truth or are not manifested in truth, then they are just words. If the words do contain truth and they hurt, then the problem lies with the one who is hurt by the truth. The OP was talking about hostile words that are unwarranted, hence they contain no truth or legitimacy.

Truth needs no validation because it is self-evident and undeniable. Therefore, anything that requires validation to be realized or justified as truth must contain at least some degree of falsehood.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20134613
United States
11/19/2012 05:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

They feel safe saying things from behind their computer screen that they wouldn't say in real life. They need an outlet for all of that anger and frustration and GLP gives it to them.
 Quoting: Generation Doom

Exactly.

GLP is the main reason that there are not a LOT more McDonalds shooting sprees.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20208959
United States
11/19/2012 06:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

WORDS HAVE GREAT POWER.

Wrong - if words do not contain truth or are not manifested in truth, then they are just words. If the words do contain truth and they hurt, then the problem lies with the one who is hurt by the truth. The OP was talking about hostile words that are unwarranted, hence they contain no truth or legitimacy.

Wrong. Whether words are true or not,they have enormous power. Words can bruise the heart and scar the soul...forever.

A father could tell his little daughter WORDS like "you are an ugly little girl and even if she is beautiful the damage has been done. The heart is bruised and the soul is scarred.

There are billions of people walking around this earth today STILL and FOREVER in pain because of something said to them by someone they loved that was not true, but they believed it. Words hurt forever in many cases and even shape the people we become.

WORDS HAVE ENORMOUS POWER, TRUE OR NOT.

Rising Son

Japan
11/19/2012 06:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

WORDS HAVE GREAT POWER.

Wrong. Whether words are true or not,they have enormous power. Words can bruise the heart and scar the soul...forever.

A father could tell his little daughter WORDS like "you are an ugly little girl and even if she is beautiful the damage has been done. The heart is bruised and the soul is scarred.

There are billions of people walking around this earth today STILL and FOREVER in pain because of something said to them by someone they loved that was not true, but they believed it. Words hurt forever in many cases and even shape the people we become.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20208959

Again, the words do not possess the power unless you give it to them. Your father-daughter example only demonstrates that children are especially vulnerable because they have not reached maturity, and they do not have the capability or experience to consider the source of those words.

However, adults should know better than to blindly follow and believe everything they are told. If an adult gives credibility to something they are told or read without verifying the source, they leave themselves vulnerable to becoming hurt. This is an essential aspect of maturity that allows adults to navigate through what is true or false, what is good or bad, and what is love or hate.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28058313
Australia
11/19/2012 06:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

you just basicly described 99% of the STARTARDS at the GLP...man talk about spitting the dummy when they don't get their way.

cry
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 06:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
I can't count how many times I have read or watched a video on NDE'S (Near death experiences ) where the dead person has to watch and to feel what people felt when they said something unkind to them. The dead people describe it as an unbearable pain to see and feel what they had caused with their WORDS. Like a pebble thrown into a pond the ripple effect it had on one person after another that originated with the first unkind words. Over and over these people say they learned and felt how the other person felt and how it changed their life for the worse.

The OP is right. We should all, me included, I am certainly guilty, strive to be kind people.Does not mean we can't tell the truth if truth needs to be told, but kindness and mercy should rule.
Rising Son

Japan
11/19/2012 06:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

you just basicly described 99% of the STARTARDS at the GLP...man talk about spitting the dummy when they don't get their way.

cry
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28058313

I have to be honest, I had to google your expression "spitting the dummy" to find out what it meant. Learn something new everyday :-)

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9128390
Australia
11/19/2012 06:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Lack of sex...
Rising Son

Japan
11/19/2012 06:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
I can't count how many times I have read or watched a video on NDE'S (Near death experiences ) where the dead person has to watch and to feel what people felt when they said something unkind to them. The dead people describe it as an unbearable pain to see and feel what they had caused with their WORDS. Like a pebble thrown into a pond the ripple effect it had on one person after another that originated with the first unkind words. Over and over these people say they learned and felt how the other person felt and how it changed their life for the worse.

The OP is right. We should all, me included, I am certainly guilty, strive to be kind people.Does not mean we can't tell the truth if truth needs to be told, but kindness and mercy should rule.

What if your understanding and perception of an acceptable occasion for telling the truth does not correspond to another person's understanding and perception? In that case, the truth you told with good intentions hurt someone. You cannot have it both ways - the truth will always hurt those who are in denial of it. The difference is how those people meet the truth. There is a point when empathy is taken too far, and lying to people in order to protect their feelings stops them from growing as a person.

Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 07:01 AM
Report Abusive Post

WORDS HAVE GREAT POWER.

Again, the words do not possess the power unless you give it to them. Your father-daughter example only demonstrates that children are especially vulnerable because they have not reached maturity, and they do not have the capability or experience to consider the source of those words.

However, adults should know better than to blindly follow and believe everything they are told. If an adult gives credibility to something they are told or read without verifying the source, they leave themselves vulnerable to becoming hurt. This is an essential aspect of maturity that allows adults to navigate through what is true or false, what is good or bad, and what is love or hate.

WRONG AGAIN. It does not matter if a person is 2 or 102. They can be hurt with WORDS whether they are true or not. Just the fact that someone said them,hurts. I wonder how many men or women are sitting in a bar right now somewhere in the world replaying some unkind remarks their ex said about them. Maybe he or she told them they were ugly and worthless and unlovable....and they started to believe it whether any of it was true or not, and an alchoholic was born. Believing lies, people do it at all ages,all the time. WORDS HURT.

I'LL say it again, WORDS CAN BRUISE THE HEART AND SCAR THE SOUL. and it can be anybody you are destroying a little piece at a time with unkindness.

You can destroy people with wordsand their age does not matter one wit.

Rising Son

Japan
11/19/2012 07:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

WRONG AGAIN. It does not matter if a person is 2 or 102. They can be hurt with WORDS whether they are true or not. Just the fact that someone said them,hurts. I wonder how many men or women are sitting in a bar right now somewhere in the world replaying some unkind remarks their ex said about them. Maybe he or she told them they were ugly and worthless and unlovable....and they started to believe it whether any of it was true or not, and an alchoholic was born. Believing lies, people do it at all ages,all the time. WORDS HURT.

I'LL say it again, WORDS CAN BRUISE THE HEART AND SCAR THE SOUL. and it can be anybody you are destroying a little piece at a time with unkindness.

So you tell me what is worse: believing lies that hurt or believing lies that protect feelings? Didn't your parents ever tell you the sticks and stones rhyme? If words hurt you and they scar you, it is because you let them.

Last Edited by Rising Son on 11/19/2012 07:07 AM

Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 07:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

So you tell me what is worse: believing lies that hurt or believing lies that protect feelings? Didn't your parents ever tell you the sticks and stones rhyme? If words hurt you and they scar you, it is because you let them.

No. Read up on psychology, the psychology involved in neuro-linguistic programming, and I rest my case.

What kind of person would argue FOR being unkind to people, or try to excuse it in any way, shape, or form ? Most people will be kind if you are kind to them.Most people I meet are very kind.Some are full of grace.

Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 07:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
I love kind people.I love the merciful. I love the loving and charitable people. I love people.
Rising Son

Japan
11/19/2012 07:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

No. Read up on psychology, the psychology involved in neuro-linguistic programming, and I rest my case.

What kind of person would argue FOR being unkind to people, or try to excuse it in any way, shape, or form ? Most people will be kind if you are kind to them.Most people I meet are very kind.Some are full of grace.

Oh, I see - your a psych major. Got it. It is people like you who are the reason why there are so many oversensitive and weak-willed individuals walking around getting emotionally hurt. I am not arguing for unkindness to anyone, I am simply saying that if you allow words to hurt you, you may need to partake in a skin-thickening exercise.

Last Edited by Rising Son on 11/19/2012 07:30 AM

Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 07:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

Oh, I see - your a psych major. Got it.

I am an A+ student in it if you must know, along with every other subject. People are not always what they appear.

Btw it was the easiest of all the subjects, that and sociology.

GLP