[link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 27662195
United States
11/19/2012 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: ARKstorm Hitting PNW.....now...More To Come
Reporting in from the 45th parallel. Pacific northwest Oregon.

Heavy winds 35-45 with gusts to 50 at times at my place. A few limbs down in the yard with very heavy rains. Yes the rain is thick and I've seen worse.

Gutters can't handle the downpour, streets are flooding and a local creek is at its banks now. I expect flooding to the local neighbors who are closest to the river.

No leaves left on the trees, sky are solid rain. Above average rain but no doom in my opinion.
 Quoting: Redpaw360

i agree, but, there are definitely things to keep an eye on, and considering this is going to stick around for at least this whole week. as mentioned before, landslides and ground instability form saturation are the big ones to look out for, combined with the wind.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Luisport

gracias.

Capital Weather Gang

NWS forecast for Mt. Rainier, Wash: 36-42 inches of snow today alone!
2h Capital Weather Gang Capital Weather Gang ‏@capitalweather

Big storm in Washington state: 100 mph wind gusts recorded in mtns:

2h Capital Weather Gang Capital Weather Gang

Insane! Forecast for Mt. Rainier, Wash: 80-108 inches of snow thru Wednesday.

[link to wapo.st]
Redpaw360

User ID: 11235712
United States
11/19/2012 06:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lights now flickering, as of last report, the winds are calming and the downpour is increasing. Might lose power, which happens about 3 times a year, but never this early in the year.

It's a good storm, not epic yet. Time will tell.
Oregon Constitution Article I, Section 27

The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 06:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

thanks, i don't use twitter so i have to link to them. good stuff there. i'd like to see some sea cams and maybe check the buoys. brb.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28100210
Portugal
11/19/2012 06:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
AccuWeather.com‏@breakingweather

A mudslide 5 miles south of Tillamook, Ore. is blocking one lane of highway 101, according to a county official.

1 hAccuWeather.com‏@breakingweather

Gust in Silver Lake, Ore. are near 80 mph.

1 hAccuWeather.com‏@breakingweather

In Silver Lake, Ore., winds are sustained at 65 mph with gusts near. Pieces of wood are being blown off of wood piles.
[link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/19/2012 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
what is PNW?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 06:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
what is PNW?

pacific northwest. oregon, washington, no cal, so canada. this is a coastal storm.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/19/2012 06:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
what is PNW?

pacific northwest. oregon, washington, no cal, so canada. this is a coastal storm.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27662195

hf Thank's! Only today i pay atention to this... only seeing gaza war.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/19/2012 06:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.ecmwf.int]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/19/2012 06:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sarah Case‏@TDNSarahC

Semis turned over on bridges at Astoria AND Aberdeen. Mudslide hits WSP car on 101. Tree falls on tent, kills hunter. BE CAREFUL! #PNWstorm
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 06:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

thanks, i don't use twitter so i have to link to them. good stuff there. i'd like to see some sea cams and maybe check the buoys. brb.

[link to www.ndbc.noaa.gov]
buoys uneventful except that one in tsunami mode on the coral sea.

here we go: cop car on fire: washington storm damage: (video)

[link to www.komonews.com]

SEATTLE -- A record-setting rain poured down and winds howled across much of Western Washington Monday, toppling trees, knocking out power and turning some streets into impromptu swimming pools.

Well over an inch of rain had fallen in the Seattle Metro area with greater amounts out toward the coast and in the hills. Several streets were flooded, crippling the morning commute. Over on the northern Oregon and southern Washington coast, winds blasted to hurricane-force strength, even reaching triple digits on some of the exposed hilltops.

In Pacific County, a trooper and another driver escaped injury when a tree fell on the trooper's car Monday morning.
Redpaw360

United States
11/19/2012 06:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
what is PNW?

Great job OP, keep on it, lights are blinking in and out. Rain is dumping, close to being a concern, but not yet.

Luisport, good job, nice to see you step away from Gaza. Too many trolls in the thread arguing semantics, and yet you stay focused. I like you.

Have some green OP & Luis.

The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 06:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
what is PNW?

i have also been paying a lot of attention to that but this storm situation is literally in my lap so....a good opportunity to learn more about ARKstorms.
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

User ID: 13043121
United States
11/19/2012 07:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
PNW....This wx is typical during Turkey day week. We had many power outages onTurkey day from winds & lots of rain. What's different this year?
 Quoting: Seagal5

You're right, it seems like our "monsoon season" starts around Hallowe'en and goes until around New Years, after which time we then get snow and ice storms. Oh, and on the days it warms up, we have MORE rain. Then it freezes again. "Natives" make sure that they are prepared for the (frequent) power outages (food, water, candles, oil lamps filled and ready to go, some good reading material, keep all the dishes washed, if you have a washer/dryer keep laundry up-to-date, etc.)

I remember one turkey day, think it was 3 or 4 years ago, I was on I-5 south between Salem and Corvallis, and it was raining so hard that cars were pulling off to the side and stopping, windshield wipers were useless, it was like a fire hose aimed right at you. Very Scary!!

Speaking of fire hoses, it's REALLY coming down right now (4 p.m.), looking out my windows it's like I'm behind a waterfall!
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/19/2012 07:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
what is PNW?

Great job OP, keep on it, lights are blinking in and out. Rain is dumping, close to being a concern, but not yet.

Luisport, good job, nice to see you step away from Gaza. Too many trolls in the thread arguing semantics, and yet you stay focused. I like you.

Thank you my friend! You live in the storm area? Sorry by my ignorance but how many people live in the area? hf
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is a pnw thread, luis, so we are probably all from the area. i'm in portland. :)

and this rain got COLD!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25801142
United States
11/19/2012 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
So Oregon here, been blowin like mad all day but no rain wind has never blown in this direction before, somethin is up.

I was worried about the people on the east coast when this gets to them.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/19/2012 07:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry but how many people live in the area of the storm?
Redpaw360

United States
11/19/2012 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thank you my friend! You live in the storm area? Sorry by my ignorance but how many people live in the area? hf

this is a pnw thread, luis, so we are probably all from the area. i'm in portland. :)

and this rain got COLD!

So Oregon here, been blowin like mad all day but no rain wind has never blown in this direction before, somethin is up.

I was worried about the people on the east coast when this gets to them.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25801142

Yes, I'm in the area. I have to run out for fuel before everyone else gets off work and decides this may turn ugly. Back in a hour for an update.

Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

United States
11/19/2012 07:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
but this is happening or not???

anyone???

Is what happening? An "Arkstorm"? Probably not this time, but we are already experiencing flooding already on roads and highways, the rivers, creeks, and ditches are filling up, and it's supposed to rain for the next three days. Plus we had 90 mph wind on the Coast, probably gusts of 40 - 50 at times in the Willamette Valley.

You may not be able to go "over the river and through the woods" when you go to Grandmother's House THIS Thanksgiving!
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 07:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

anyone???

Is what happening? An "Arkstorm"? Probably not this time, but we are already experiencing flooding already on roads and highways, the rivers, creeks, and ditches are filling up, and it's supposed to rain for the next three days. Plus we had 90 mph wind on the Coast, probably gusts of 40 - 50 at times in the Willamette Valley.

You may not be able to go "over the river and through the woods" when you go to Grandmother's House THIS Thanksgiving!
 Quoting: Eggcellent

it's an ARKstorm.

and this is the beginning of it. hence in the title, 'more to come.'
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 07:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

anyone???

Quoting: Eggcellent

NO TURKEY DAY, this is not good.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 07:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.komonews.com]

the video...and it's going through the week. DRIVE SAFE!!!!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 07:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.markvoganweather.com]

2012/11/18/expert-discussion-the-evolution-of-a-wild-start-to​-december-for-uk-usa/

First of all, notice the ridge over eastern Siberia and the piece poking up through the Bering Strait and into the Arctic, this is already disrupting the polar vortex and is feeding arctic air into Western Canada where the snowcover is expanding day by day. The Lower 48 wants to watch this and this could significantly impact weather 10 days from now.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 07:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Western Washington Watches and Warnings
www.atmos.washington.edu/data/warning_report.WWA.html
54 minutes ago - WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE NORTH .... THE CHEHALIS RIVER IN LEWIS COUNTY WILL FLOOD SOME .... A HIGH WIND WARNING MEANS DAMAGING WINDS ARE OCCURRING OR IMMINENT.
Washington State Insurance Update
wainsurance.blogspot.com/
1 hour ago - Flood, high wind and storm warnings in WA ... A flood warning has been issued for the Chehalis River at Centralia (in Lewis County) and ...

[link to www.king5.com]

mountain pass reports and cams:
[link to www.king5.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 07:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Rains already have pushed the Skokomish River in Mason County west of Seattle to flood stage and there's a warning for flooding on the Chehalis, Satsap, Newaukum and Willapa rivers in southwest Washington. Some streams also may overflow, but no major flooding is expected. More than 3 inches of rain was recorded at Montesano in the 24 hours ending at 9 a.m. Monday.

The Washington Transportation Department said it was closing the North Cascades Highway at 6 p.m. Monday because of avalanche danger from quickly deepening snow.

Forecasters expect 9 to 30 inches of snow in the Olympic and Cascade mountain ranges, mostly above 4,000 feet. Changing periods of rains, snow or freezing rain will likely make driving a challenge through the Cascade highway passes.

The Pacific storms are rolling across Eastern Washington with the same mix of mountain snow and valley rains with a chance of minor flooding. High winds were added for Monday in parts of Eastern Washington.

There could be a break between storms for Thanksgiving Day.

[link to hosted.ap.org]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 07:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
emphasis on,
COULD BE a break in stormS. but maybe not. stay off the mountain roads and hunker down if you can!
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

United States
11/19/2012 07:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
I always know when HAARP is being applied because my ears ring very intensely and have been since early this AM.
 Quoting: UseLess RepEATER

I don't keep up with HAARP very much, but I KNOW that my ears were LOUDLY "buzzy-ringing" this morning when I woke up at 4:30. This evening I heard we'd had a 3.2 earthquake this morning around 7-ish, centered at Kelly Point Park, which is near where the Columbia and Willamette Rivers join, a little NW of downtown Portland.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/19/2012 07:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Standin outside watching the black clouds roll in, this is going to get real bad.

GLP