ARKstorm Hitting PNW.....now...More To Come

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1271534
United States
11/19/2012 07:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: ARKstorm Hitting PNW.....now...More To Come
I always know when HAARP is being applied because my ears ring very intensely and have been since early this AM.
 Quoting: UseLess RepEATER

I don't keep up with HAARP very much, but I KNOW that my ears were LOUDLY "buzzy-ringing" this morning when I woke up at 4:30. This evening I heard we'd had a 3.2 earthquake this morning around 7-ish, centered at Kelly Point Park, which is near where the Columbia and Willamette Rivers join, a little NW of downtown Portland.
 Quoting: Eggcellent

i woke up around 4am or so after having another sun doom dream...took place near dt Portland. I am real tired of the rain already...lived here most of my life and the past few years have been noticably worse in terms of constant rainfall...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 27662195
United States
11/19/2012 07:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nov 19, 5:42 PM EST

Wet, windy forecast for Wash. Ore.; hunter killed when tree snaps

By DOUG ESSER
Associated Press
AP Photo
AP Photo/Elaine Thompson
US Video
Buy AP Photo Reprints

SEATTLE (AP) -- Rain and wind pounded Washington and Oregon on Monday, snarling the commute, causing sporadic road closures and power outages and at least one death.

The wet weather was expected to continue throughout the week, and forecasters warned that Hurricane strength wind into the evening on the Washington and Oregon coasts.

"Not a dry day for a while," said meteorologist Johnny Burg of the National Weather Service's Seattle office.

[link to hosted.ap.org]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 07:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I always know when HAARP is being applied because my ears ring very intensely and have been since early this AM.

I don't keep up with HAARP very much, but I KNOW that my ears were LOUDLY "buzzy-ringing" this morning when I woke up at 4:30. This evening I heard we'd had a 3.2 earthquake this morning around 7-ish, centered at Kelly Point Park, which is near where the Columbia and Willamette Rivers join, a little NW of downtown Portland.

i woke up around 4am or so after having another sun doom dream...took place near dt Portland. I am real tired of the rain already...lived here most of my life and the past few years have been noticably worse in terms of constant rainfall...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1271534

my friend said he woke up at 3 AM a couple nights ago at the same time a bunch of people did in the area, weird creepy feeling. animals and stuff being weird. he's in california, oakland.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 07:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
oh yeah and TAKE VITAMIN D!!!!!!

hf
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 07:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
i've been having water doom dreams. like super heavy ones.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24028110
United States
11/19/2012 07:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Salem, OR here. Lots of continuous rain, not so bad on the wind part, but both my brothers in Seaside and Astoria have lost power off and on.
There is lots of standing water around here, some streets closed off already. I noted in West Salem that the water was gushing out of the storm drains like geysers. Too much water for the system to hold it in. Didn't help that last night we did have a wind storm which probably clogged a lot of drains with all the fall leaves.
Though this is bad - and only one day so far - I have seen much worse as well.
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

User ID: 13043121
United States
11/19/2012 07:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
what is PNW?
 Quoting: Luisport

Pacific NorthWest. B.C., Washington State, Northern/Central Oregon. Sometimes as far South as Northern California. Think Portland and Seattle, as well as the Western coastlines between them.
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27683610
United States
11/19/2012 07:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Same here, but I'm in the Lake Tahoe area.
abducteesdaughter
User ID: 1170057
United States
11/19/2012 07:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
PNW....This wx is typical during Turkey day week. We had many power outages onTurkey day from winds & lots of rain. What's different this year?
 Quoting: Seagal5

Yep. Somebody must not be from around here. I'm 30 miles south of Seattle and it seems pretty typical for this time of year to me too.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1271534
United States
11/19/2012 07:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1271534

my friend said he woke up at 3 AM a couple nights ago at the same time a bunch of people did in the area, weird creepy feeling. animals and stuff being weird. he's in california, oakland.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27662195

interesting...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 08:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

ha ha that is the area i am moving to...prepper house!
Redpaw360

User ID: 11235712
United States
11/19/2012 08:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
We usually get a good blow before thanksgiving, enough to clear the trees and then within a week the rains come to start the season....this is how it is in my area of Oregon .

This, this is just everything at once, with more to come.

5* and pin request for OP as the events unfold, d rather have just THIS THREAD to follow than four copycats..
Oregon Constitution Article I, Section 27

The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 08:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
PNW....This wx is typical during Turkey day week. We had many power outages onTurkey day from winds & lots of rain. What's different this year?
 Quoting: Seagal5

Yep. Somebody must not be from around here. I'm 30 miles south of Seattle and it seems pretty typical for this time of year to me too.
 Quoting: abducteesdaughter 1170057

the difference is that this is an ARKstorm, and it has a very different signature than a regular winter storm. it's an anomalous event and has potential for major damages.

this one has just begun its' cycle in the PNW, and it is something to keep an eye on.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 08:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
We usually get a good blow before thanksgiving, enough to clear the trees and then within a week the rains come to start the season....this is how it is in my area of Oregon .

This, this is just everything at once, with more to come.

5* and pin request for OP as the events unfold, d rather have just THIS THREAD to follow than four copycats..
 Quoting: Redpaw360

this year was odd. i have lived in portland on and off for about 6 years, don't remember having the rains start with such tenacity as they did this year. the weather just switched. i went out on the porch around 4 AM (around autumn equinox) and heard geese heading north, a frog, and i thought 'fall is here.' and it just snapped, right then, wind picked up, it got cold, and the rain! for weeks! so it's not like we haven't had rain already this year, and rather odd.

which of course contributes to saturation. anyway, as i said, something to keep an eye on, and at least learn about atmospheric rivers. not the same as the jet stream.
Redpaw360

User ID: 11235712
United States
11/19/2012 08:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
The latest update from KOIN.com at 3:44pm PDT.

[link to m.koinlocal6.com]

we are pretty much looking at flooding, I was just out in it and it's basic street flooding right now up to 24" in the southeast Salem Oregon area. Home depot.

All surface streets are clogged with slow drivers getting off work and flooding over the hood is occurring with people not slowing down.

No emergency yet, but the rain is dumping good.
Oregon Constitution Article I, Section 27

The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 08:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
i'm a backwoods/seaside northern california country girl, so, i'm not unfamiliar with similar weather patterns. i mean you know since i have only been in pdx on/off 6-7 years. ;) i do know a thing or two about the sky.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 08:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
The latest update from KOIN.com at 3:44pm PDT.

we are pretty much looking at flooding, I was just out in it and it's basic street flooding right now up to 24" in the southeast Salem Oregon area. Home depot.

All surface streets are clogged with slow drivers getting off work and flooding over the hood is occurring with people not slowing down.

No emergency yet, but the rain is dumping good.
 Quoting: Redpaw360

thanks for that. i was hoping to hear from other PNW'ers.

Warning about landslides

The Oregon Department of Geology is warning about an "increased potential for landslides and debris flows in western Oregon." According to the department, the danger continues through at least Tuesday as heavy rain "may strain smaller streams and drainages across the area."

This warning extends to Washington state, where on Monday morning a mudslide brought a tree down onto a Washington State Police patrol car -- and then it burst into flames. The trooper was in the area checking out another slide when this one happened.

Just before 3:45 p.m. Monday Amtrak sent out a notice regarding landslides even further north: "Service between Vancouver BC to Seattle disrupted due to a 48-Hour Railroad Moratorium in place due to mudslides in the area."

"Structures and roads located below steep slopes, in canyons and near the mouths of canyons may be at serious risk from rapidly moving landslides," the Oregon Department of Geology warned Monday.

Care also should be taken when traveling over the mountains during this time. According to the Oregon Department of Geology, the most dangerous places include:

Canyon bottoms, stream channels, and areas of rock and soil accumulation at the outlets of canyons;
Bases of steep hillsides;
Road cuts or other areas where slopes of hills have been excavated or over steepened;
Places where slides or debris flows have occurred in the past.

"Debris flows are rapidly moving landslides that can destroy everything in their paths. They can easily travel a mile or more, depending on the terrain. They will contain boulders and logs and transport those in a fast-moving soil and water slurry.

Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 08:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
I DREAMED THIS^^^^^not this same event but the debris flow was a big part of my dream.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 08:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.koinlocal6.com]
local coverage

images & cams...sea cams, waves etc.

NW Oregon hit by wind, rain, flooding, snow
Contributor: Jennifer Meacham
Email: [email protected]

Contributor: The Associated Press
Set Text Size Small Set Text Size Medium Set Text Size Large Set Text Size X-Large
Print Story
Published: 8:20 am

Video
Images

KOIN's Monday noon coverage of the NW storm
High winds, heavy rain, flooding and snow hit NW Oregon

Related Links

NW braces for strongest storm of season
Earthquake hits Southwest Washington

Updated: 3:44 pm

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A powerful storm continues to move along the coast and northwestern Oregon on Monday, bringing several inches of rain, damaging winds and flooding. It's also bringing snow to Mount Hood (see video).

The storm disrupted marine traffic as the U.S. Coast Guard closed the bar Sunday at the Columbia River. The bars at the Umpqua River, Tillamook Bay and Depoe Bay also were closed.

Meanwhile, Highway 101 closed south of Seaside overnight after high water blocked all but trucks in a flood-prone areas.
Croak

User ID: 26437890
Canada
11/19/2012 08:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just another rainy day here in Vancouver BC, didn't notice much in the way of higher than normal wind gusts, and the rain really wasn't that heavy (even had a few bits of sunshine to punctuate the normal gray).

Looking at the radar, it looks like it cut south of us though, it's dumping a lot more on Seattle and parts south.
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

United States
11/19/2012 08:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

ha ha that is the area i am moving to...prepper house!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27683610

I'm not so sure that I'd be looking for a home in that area. Very densely populated, no privacy, lots of traffic, and no yards to speak of for a garden. They have also discovered a previously unknown earthquake fault going right down the Willamette River, which runs right past downtown Portland and sort of separates "downtown" from the residential area on the East side of the river. Lots of bridges! Anyway, the scientists say that the soil in Portland would "liquify" during an earthquake, sort of like turning to quicksand.

If you haven't yet purchased your home, I'd look a little South of Portland, from Oregon City/Canby on south. LOTS of places for sale, some have been on the market for quite awhile (so you could negotiate the price) and many with some acreage (1 to 10 acres). A little more "spread-out" and "prepper-friendly". Just a suggestion if you're still checking out the possibilities.
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 08:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
good coverage: video:

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24470597
United States
11/19/2012 08:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, you're as panicked as the stupid TV news! This is one of the most common type of storms we have up here. The jet streams set up a 'La Nina' weather pattern, cold air in AK draws up warm moist air from the south pacific and they usually meet right here in the PNW.

This is called 'The Pineapple Express'

We had 3 inches of rain today where I live and it didn't even fill the drainage ditch.

ARKstorm- pshaw
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

United States
11/19/2012 08:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump bump , 5 stars, and a suggest pin. There are quite a few of us GLP'ers here in the PNW, and it's wonderful to have a thread "just for us"!

BTW, nothing wrong with quoting the WeatherSpace website. Kevin Martin IS an eccentric person, no doubt about it, but he is also extremely accurate, especially regarding specific areas in the various states. He used to post here fairly regularly, and I always found his weather predictions and analyses to be "spot-on". He was a "good fit" for GLP, but I think he got chased out by the one-star bandits and a few abusively rude posters.
Tathata

User ID: 14343956
United States
11/19/2012 08:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hmm, I wonder about flight delays and cancellations outa Sea-tac. I have a flight coming up.
Empty and marvelous
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 08:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, you're as panicked as the stupid TV news! This is one of the most common type of storms we have up here. The jet streams set up a 'La Nina' weather pattern, cold air in AK draws up warm moist air from the south pacific and they usually meet right here in the PNW.

We had 3 inches of rain today where I live and it didn't even fill the drainage ditch.

ARKstorm- pshaw
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24470597

you are wrong. i checked el nino status, it's 'el nada.'
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 09:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump bump , 5 stars, and a suggest pin. There are quite a few of us GLP'ers here in the PNW, and it's wonderful to have a thread "just for us"!

BTW, nothing wrong with quoting the WeatherSpace website. Kevin Martin IS an eccentric person, no doubt about it, but he is also extremely accurate, especially regarding specific areas in the various states. He used to post here fairly regularly, and I always found his weather predictions and analyses to be "spot-on". He was a "good fit" for GLP, but I think he got chased out by the one-star bandits and a few abusively rude posters.

i love it when we have a good PNW thread. that one about the ants...the fella up in yakima, and his birds and helicopters...

i'm going to throw this reminder out there, night before last was sf bay area tornado warning, last night was portland tornado warning.

wind gusts up to 99 today.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24470597
United States
11/19/2012 09:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

ARKstorm- pshaw

Well it sure is behaving like the Pineapple Express.

Rain, wind, flooding

Still nothing to get wadded up about IMO

BTW I'm in south Puget Sound area and have lived here almost 50 years
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 09:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hmm, I wonder about flight delays and cancellations outa Sea-tac. I have a flight coming up.
 Quoting: Tathata

check it at flightaware.com.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/19/2012 09:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

ARKstorm- pshaw

Well it sure is behaving like the Pineapple Express.

Rain, wind, flooding

Still nothing to get wadded up about IMO

BTW I'm in south Puget Sound area and have lived here almost 50 years

that would be the tropical element, which creates the Atmospheric River. this river is NOT the jet stream.

[link to science.kqed.org]

GLP