Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,078 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,064,100
Pageviews Today: 1,775,839Threads Today: 717Posts Today: 12,797
05:28 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

People are already camping out at Best Buy and other locations.

Chrit
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 27088294
United States
11/19/2012 06:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
People are already camping out at Best Buy and other locations.
If time is money these peoples time is obviously not worth very much.

How much are they going to spend on food over the next few days? or are they cooking on the sidewalk?

Snip; Itzaida Díaz plans to spend more than $1,500 at Best Buy on Black Friday, and she's willing to camp out in front of the store for nearly a week to make sure she gets the best deals.

"We're really doing it for my son who landed second in line last year. He has a very competitive spirit," said Díaz of east Orange County, who set up two tents outside the East Colonial Drive electronics retailer Saturday night. "He wants a Toshiba 40-inch flat-screen TV, and we're also getting tablets, Sony PlayStations, Blu-ray players and other things."

Since Díaz and her family are first in line, they'll receive tickets to Best Buy's limited-quantity doorbuster deals when the store opens Thursday at midnight.

"I know this is crazy, but we're actually spending quality time together, and we can save up to $200 at the same time," said Diaz, who is taking off time from work as an accountant.

[link to www.orlandosentinel.com]

BlackfridayVS99%
I'm only human, it's my biggest flaw.

We must all realize a sink a chair and a pillow are all luxuries of home and a soldiers helmet takes the place of all three.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26104768
United States
11/19/2012 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: People are already camping out at Best Buy and other locations.
People are so Fucking Stupid..
ar-15 nut

User ID: 1281306
United States
11/19/2012 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
No job obama voters.
We are a REPUBLIC.If we can keep it MORAN!
A pissed off American Veteran!
Chrit  (OP)

United States
11/19/2012 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here is another one with pics at the link.

The folks camping out for the week are enjoying many amenities that they would if they were at home, as they’ve even brought a generator with them. The temperatures are not conducive to camping right now as it’s a bit frigid, but these folks don’t care.

Along with the tents the campers have air mattresses for a comfortable night’s sleep and TVs and laptops for entertainment. They cook on a grill and the group will even enjoy their Thanksgiving dinner in the parking lot of Best Buy.

“Fox and Friends” Monday had a few questions about the time these shoppers are spending just to save money. Taking a week off from work has to be more costly than the few hundred dollars that these campers expect to save during the Black Friday sales.

It seems that this group of campers takes shifts so their daily lives aren’t disrupted completely. While some of the campers take this week as their vacation week from work, others go back and forth to work from their Best Buy tent home.

[link to www.examiner.com]

We must all realize a sink a chair and a pillow are all luxuries of home and a soldiers helmet takes the place of all three.
Laura Bow

User ID: 1158661
United States
11/19/2012 06:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

How much are they going to spend on food over the next few days? or are they cooking on the sidewalk?

Snip; Itzaida Díaz plans to spend more than $1,500 at Best Buy on Black Friday, and she's willing to camp out in front of the store for nearly a week to make sure she gets the best deals.

"We're really doing it for my son who landed second in line last year. He has a very competitive spirit," said Díaz of east Orange County, who set up two tents outside the East Colonial Drive electronics retailer Saturday night. "He wants a Toshiba 40-inch flat-screen TV, and we're also getting tablets, Sony PlayStations, Blu-ray players and other things."

Since Díaz and her family are first in line, they'll receive tickets to Best Buy's limited-quantity doorbuster deals when the store opens Thursday at midnight.

"I know this is crazy, but we're actually spending quality time together, and we can save up to $200 at the same time," said Diaz, who is taking off time from work as an accountant.

BlackfridayVS99%
 Quoting: Chrit

This is what I have always wondered, if they valued their time at x amount per hour, maybe they'd see that they are wasting SO MUCH OF IT doing stupid stuff like this. I like getting a bargain, of course, but not over something like this...in addition, they're wasting not only their time but what about the fact that they'll be missing over (what used to be?) a very important holiday WITH FAMILY.
Chrit  (OP)

United States
11/19/2012 06:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

This is what I have always wondered, if they valued their time at x amount per hour, maybe they'd see that they are wasting SO MUCH OF IT doing stupid stuff like this. I like getting a bargain, of course, but not over something like this...in addition, they're wasting not only their time but what about the fact that they'll be missing over (what used to be?) a very important holiday WITH FAMILY.
 Quoting: Laura Bow

So let’s see a week off of work in the cold, burning fuel in a generator & having Thanksgiving on the concrete in a parking lot and they will save and I quote “up to 200 dollars”

I am not seeing the savings and just wait for the rugs rats to respond, I did want that mom return it!

If my wife did this I would not even accept the gift, rather have the time back and order the item on line for the extra 100 bucks.

divide3

Last Edited by Chrit on 11/19/2012 06:25 PM

Laura Bow

United States
11/19/2012 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Laura Bow

So let’s see a week off of work in the cold, burning fuel in a generator & having Thanksgiving on the concrete in a parking lot and they will save and I quote “up to 200 dollars”

I am not seeing the savings and just wait for the rugs rats to respond, I did want that mom return it!

If my wife did this I would not even accept the gift, rather have the time back and order the item on line for the extra 100 bucks.

divide3

Yep! Actually, if that were me, and it was my husband waiting in line...he'd be hearing about it a lot EARLIER than when I received the gift, more like WHILE he was waiting in line about an hour in cool2 Just seems like such a waste of time, especially around the holidays in particular when it's meant to be spent with family.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26845735
United States
11/19/2012 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
stop breeding...problem solved.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1394684
United States
11/19/2012 06:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
black friday no day represents america at it's worst when people stand in line for hours to buy some friggin gadget that's just going to be outdated 6 months from now anyways!!!

gangup
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 909133
United States
11/19/2012 06:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
They're just doing their patriotic duty to grease the wheels of justice. Uncle Bernankacide needs you to spend!

But seriously these people make me gaah

The only thing more sad is watching the stampede aftermaths online.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1394684
United States
11/19/2012 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17746611
United States
11/19/2012 06:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
reminds us why the sheep need and and want to be culled
Six Six Six - Version 2.0

User ID: 3753361
United States
11/19/2012 06:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
reminds us why the sheep need and and want to be culled
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17746611

Sadly, that's an excellent point.

Black Friday, is very symbolic of why we NEED and WILL have an extinction event on Earth. Humanity is such a fallen species. Completely SPIRITUALLY bankrupt.

The worship of the physical and material ($$$) and the selfish mentality, along with the over reliance on technology and you have the perfect recipe for destruction.

It's a textbook plan for the divided they fall concept and the overpopulated planet consuming and wasting it's resources.

Most of all, and perhaps most simply put, it shows how absolutely stupid and moranic these sheep are.

With all that is happening in our solar system and world, with extreme weather events, increasing earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, maxium solar flares, the world at war, and alarming floods and droughts depleting our natural resources... it's simply amazing to see where people priorites and common sense have gone.

They worship this god dam system of materialism and money and they will till the day they all die... which thankfully will be very, very soon.

banana2

Last Edited by Six Six Six - Version 2.0 on 11/19/2012 07:07 PM
Biko
Turtles Voice

User ID: 15791612
United States
11/19/2012 07:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just plain silliness.

Already told the family they're getting chocolate covered pecans that I gathered from under our trees and will coat in chocolate.

Seems to me losing a week of work (for those who have jobs) to save 200 bucks on crap is idiotic - but there I go thinking again.

Hell, this year I don't even know if we can afford a Christmas tree, but I know it will be nice - togetherness when the world is going to hell is more special than things that will grow tiresome in no time.
"In order to arrive at what you are not,
You must go through the way in which you are not."

-TS Eliot

[link to www.turtlesvoice.com]

Momma Said Write A Book About It - New novel [link to www.amazon.com (secure)]

[link to www.facebook.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26048166
United States
11/19/2012 07:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
If they want competition...they should go to the park and play basketball.

This is the most stupid shopping day. I sincerely do not get it.
TSWB21

User ID: 1267719
United States
11/19/2012 07:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Best Buy takes EBT and welfare?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3647468
United States
11/19/2012 07:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
here's a thought...no one buy ANYTHING before Christmas.

Just wait it out for the fab AFTER Christmas sales...and they would be spectacular if no one bought anything....retailers would have to slash prices by 50% or more just to get the stuff out of the store for Spring inventory...then the joke would be on them.

Or better yet people....just buy gift cards and wait it out till after Xmas. Sales will be amazing!
Laura Bow

United States
11/19/2012 07:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
here's a thought...no one buy ANYTHING before Christmas.

Just wait it out for the fab AFTER Christmas sales...and they would be spectacular if no one bought anything....retailers would have to slash prices by 50% or more just to get the stuff out of the store for Spring inventory...then the joke would be on them.

Or better yet people....just buy gift cards and wait it out till after Xmas. Sales will be amazing!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3647468

I LIKE this idea! I was planning on buying up some cheap turkeys and hams after Christmas as well.
Little Miss Sunshine

User ID: 26096197
United States
11/19/2012 07:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I REFUSE to do stupid crap like this! I do all of my Christmas shopping all year long starting right after Christmas. On Thanksgiving night Me, Mom, My Daughter, My 3 Sisters and their Daughters and My Brother in law all go shopping all night and all day on black fri and just make it a family thing and i pick up the last minute Christmas stuff i cant get during the yr and we have so much fun!!
Chrit  (OP)

United States
11/19/2012 08:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have a feeling if we offer these people 200 bucks to go home instead of camp out they would not take the money.

Doggiegirl
User ID: 16513614
United States
11/19/2012 08:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Americans fucking embarrassment. This is why it has come down to
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20186508
United States
11/19/2012 09:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

:BlackfridayVS99%:

These people along with the twinkie hoarders are mind controlled, in fact after years of subliminal messaging by the media hour after hour day after day more and more Americans are showing signs of psychotic behavior due to this, perhaps even the Colorado shooter for example?
Chrit  (OP)

United States
11/20/2012 12:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
These people along with the twinkie hoarders are mind controlled, in fact after years of subliminal messaging by the media hour after hour day after day more and more Americans are showing signs of psychotic behavior due to this, perhaps even the Colorado shooter for example?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20186508

Sad but true

Debauchery

User ID: 15455863
United States
11/20/2012 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've never shopped on Black Friday and I never will.

I don't like the idea of having to compete with some psycho bastard to purchase something.
And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

I am an evil giraffe, and I shall eat more leaves from this tree than perhaps I should, so that other giraffes may die.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22441207
United States
11/20/2012 12:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
this what you get after 100 years of the federal reserve
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25447468
United States
11/20/2012 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Depends on how you look at it, you can wait in line and get some stuff and then sell it on ebay or something and make several thousand dollars off under a thousand spent at the store on black friday =)

Now..if they are doing it just to have a cool gadget, bleh, not worth it, but banking a few grand? I'd do it if I had the money to invest in the first place lol, I'll be working myself.
Victorian

User ID: 6443788
Canada
11/20/2012 12:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sad. just fucking sad.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25447468
United States
Report Abusive Post

I don't like the idea of having to compete with some psycho bastard to purchase something.
 Quoting: Debauchery

Meh, this is very rare, you really only here about these rare cases on the news. I work in a mall and have never seen even a small fight break out on black friday over items on sale. Usually it's just a long boring day of standing in line with employees handing out candy to the bored customers lol, nice and civil.
itsamadmadworld

User ID: 28108345
United States
Report Abusive Post

There really is something mentally wrong with people who are so fanatic about this stuff.

Whenever they show these stories on tv, look @ the demographic.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8066033
United States
11/20/2012 01:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
sheepsheepsheepsheepsheepsheep
Debauchery

User ID: 15455863
United States
11/20/2012 01:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Debauchery

Meh, this is very rare, you really only here about these rare cases on the news. I work in a mall and have never seen even a small fight break out on black friday over items on sale. Usually it's just a long boring day of standing in line with employees handing out candy to the bored customers lol, nice and civil.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25447468

I don't think I could deal with that either.

I HATE shopping.
And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

I am an evil giraffe, and I shall eat more leaves from this tree than perhaps I should, so that other giraffes may die.

GLP