What is this ordnance in Syria?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 714968
United Kingdom
11/20/2012 08:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
What is this ordnance in Syria?
Little smouldering shells that give off small detonation.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27859651
Australia
11/20/2012 08:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: What is this ordnance in Syria?
White phosphorus burning on the ground. They are using it as a smokescreen. Its a bit strange because there is some sort of cluster barrage just as the smoke covers. I would guess once the smoke was laid and seen to be at max extent, SNA dropped a lifting barrage both to let the troops know its time to move and at the same time put the enemy's heads down.

This is probably a SNA clearance operation because of the fairly heavy weapons possibly including air, and the targeting of fortified buildings.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 714968
United Kingdom
11/20/2012 09:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
White phosphorus burning on the ground. They are using it as a smokescreen. Its a bit strange because there is some sort of cluster barrage just as the smoke covers. I would guess once the smoke was laid and seen to be at max extent, SNA dropped a lifting barrage both to let the troops know its time to move and at the same time put the enemy's heads down.

This is probably a SNA clearance operation because of the fairly heavy weapons possibly including air, and the targeting of fortified buildings.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27859651

Yeah, I thought maybe smokescreen. Thanks for added details, I will pass them on. cheers
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27859651
Australia
11/20/2012 09:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27859651

LOL did I say SNA?

Syrian Arab Army is the correct term for the Syrian Army. The usurper terrorist rats of the Shaitan-backed FSA tried to rebrand themselves SNA. Fuckers.

GLP