Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,319 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 652,932
Pageviews Today: 1,138,609Threads Today: 479Posts Today: 8,011
01:41 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Does anyone actually believe the words of the bible to the point they have no use for doctors?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26807639
United States
11/21/2012 07:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Does anyone actually believe the words of the bible to the point they have no use for doctors?
Is there anyone one who has that faith?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28210201
United States
11/21/2012 07:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Does anyone actually believe the words of the bible to the point they have no use for doctors?
yep
ShabbyOrange

User ID: 27937046
United Kingdom
11/21/2012 07:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Does anyone actually believe the words of the bible to the point they have no use for doctors?
Wouldn't it be more logical from a religious stand point to take medicine and all sorts of medical science as a gift of god?

Instead of saying that it is totally separate from God's creations.
Vast Deferens

User ID: 17509594
United States
11/21/2012 07:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Christian Science
Hosea 2:2 Plead with your mother, plead: for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband: let her therefore put away her whoredoms out of her sight, and her adulteries from between her breasts; 2:3 Lest I strip her naked, and set her as in the day that she was born, and make her as a wilderness, and set her like a dry land, and slay her with thirst.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11803834
United States
11/21/2012 07:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
No one in America believes in the fucking Bible.
Stoned Prophet

User ID: 28241619
Thailand
11/21/2012 07:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you know Christ and you are serving Him, then you do not need doctors. Especially those wearing the snake pin.

If I were to go to a doctor first then I would be displaying a lack of faith and it would be really hard to go to our Friday night prayer meeting and ask for them to lay their hands on me:

James 5
14Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

The above health plan is only for Jesus' followers who have been granted enough faith to trust Him with their very lives.

That vast majority of Christians today have not been given this level of faith. It was given to me, why I don't know. So I have nothing to brag about because it did not come from me !
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21943549
United States
11/21/2012 08:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's all in our consciousness, The most powerful tool we have at our disposal.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28218217
United States
11/21/2012 08:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
faith and medicine are not opposites!! My faith in God does not negate the use of medical experts. That's a nonsense argument.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/21/2012 08:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you know Christ and you are serving Him, then you do not need doctors. Especially those wearing the snake pin.

If I were to go to a doctor first then I would be displaying a lack of faith and it would be really hard to go to our Friday night prayer meeting and ask for them to lay their hands on me:

James 5
14Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

The above health plan is only for Jesus' followers who have been granted enough faith to trust Him with their very lives.

That vast majority of Christians today have not been given this level of faith. It was given to me, why I don't know. So I have nothing to brag about because it did not come from me !
 Quoting: Stoned Prophet

Do you sometimes struggle with this faith? Do sometimes a fear may come and you think you are crazy for believing, but yet to go as far as to put your faith in the so called medical profession seems to go against everything that the Word of Gods says one is to do, have faith in Him.

If the Word of God is true then one should not have to depend on anything else, yes?

I feel I am being called to this faith as well, but it is very hard.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14408911
United States
11/21/2012 08:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Best not to do it if you tend to take everything literally and go to extremes.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/21/2012 08:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14408911

"And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up."

Sounds pretty literal and pretty extreme to me. But never the less, that is what it says. So it is either the truth or it is a lie.

Which is it?
Amy_A

User ID: 16982804
United States
11/21/2012 08:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

James 5

Do you sometimes struggle with this faith? Do sometimes a fear may come and you think you are crazy for believing, but yet to go as far as to put your faith in the so called medical profession seems to go against everything that the Word of Gods says one is to do, have faith in Him.

If the Word of God is true then one should not have to depend on anything else, yes?

I feel I am being called to this faith as well, but it is very hard.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26807639

hfOP,
I agree with you. The Bible says to use what God has provided us through nature yet we have been brainwashed into thinking man made chemicals are better than Nature. We also eat man made food which is directly against God and Nature. I spent most of my life going to doctors and taking their poisons. I also spent my life eating man made garbage that was slowly killing me. Doctors will never tell about the natural ways of curing oneself. They are part of an organization that hides the truth in order to obtain some colorful paper. Doctors do a fine job at trauma but they don't have a clue about actually preserving life or curing anything. The hospitals and doctors actually spreads disease along with the man made processed food we ingest.

This is a great video OP. This guy lays it out there but few will listen.

Peace

Amy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14408911
United States
11/21/2012 08:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

"And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up."

Sounds pretty literal and pretty extreme to me. But never the less, that is what it says. So it is either the truth or it is a lie.

Which is it?

Try it the next time one of your children has a high fever, but don't go crying to God if it doesn't work out so well.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/21/2012 08:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

Which is it?

Try it the next time one of your children has a high fever, but don't go crying to God if it doesn't work out so well.

If I understand correctly, the level of trust one has determines the direction of effort. I am not trying to condemn anyone else's belief, I am just trying to find out the truth.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25078444
United States
11/21/2012 09:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
No one in America believes in the fucking Bible.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11803834

That's not true, however it explains a lot about the current state of America.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20898323
United States
11/21/2012 09:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

Scientologist don't believe in doctors.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1152779
United States
11/21/2012 09:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Some folks do. That is their belief.
Lada D

User ID: 20712268
United States
11/21/2012 09:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, those who have faith should fear no death.

However, the Lord is not adverse to the easing of suffering.

We all have bigger things to worry about in our lives, and Christ knows our struggles with confusion in certain matters.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16402515
United States
11/21/2012 09:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I believe in doctors and I am a Christian. Luke the apopstle was a doctor!

I dont pretend to know how God heals. Im not about to assume that He cant or wont use a doctor to heal. And I dont throw out supernatural healing either. Its Gods choice to heal or not to heal however He deems fit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20241035
United States
11/21/2012 10:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is very clear that God extended life when the man asked Him for more time.

It is very clear that God can open and close the womb.

I believe we all have an appointed time to die. Therefore, is medicine just a way to deceive and make people not look to God for physical healing? To make them think man controls and gives life?

Yes.

Can God send someone to the hospital to mend a broken bone? Yes. But that person - the believer - thanks God for the healing because they know it was God, not the man.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5929355
United States
11/21/2012 10:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
if you had the chance to cure your child and choose not to then you are in fact "testing the lord" and this is not a good thing my friends. this is truth. love and god bless you all
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17173023
Australia
11/21/2012 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

James 5

So let me get this straight..you are saying that if your wife was giving birth and the baby got stuck and they were both going to die in horrible agony..and a doctor knocked at your door and offered help you would tell him to fuck off?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/21/2012 10:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

James 5

So let me get this straight..you are saying that if your wife was giving birth and the baby got stuck and they were both going to die in horrible agony..and a doctor knocked at your door and offered help you would tell him to fuck off?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17173023

I would say that if a situation like that occurred and a doctor showed up at the door, he was sent there for a reason. And to deny his help would be foolish. I do believe doctors can solve a host of those trauma related circumstances, but what I am talking about are things like cancer, or what you might call environmental illnesses. The things you think are real but doctors can't are don't know a cure. They pretend they do, but you stay sick or get sicker because you have put your faith in someone other than God.

If one could have the faith to trust God in this area, I wouldn't put it past the idea that within that faith God would have the ability to bring a doctor that could help.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5929355
United States
11/21/2012 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

We all have bigger things to worry about in our lives, and Christ knows our struggles with confusion in certain matters.
 Quoting: Lada D

Yes i feel we should fear doing sin because we do not want to break his heart. he is the most beautiful loving king of kings . and to hurt such a innocent soul would break my heart thinking about it and thinking about my past im so sad on to how i broke his heart allready. I feel if you have a WAY TO SAVE YOUR CHILD AND CHOOSE NOT TO THEN YOU ARE TESTING THE LORD AND THO SHAL NOT TEST THY LORD! lol wake up people this is not good, we need to use are common sense and try everything we can to help and save each other. but also walk the path of the lord which is not being lazy, you need to live your life like you should to sustain yourself but do it in the path of light. put in the effort but dont worry about anything and just have love and faith for everything. and be thankfull for everything you have. even if you do not think you have much. love and god bless you all
Sol Neman

User ID: 25567431
United States
11/21/2012 11:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

What faith doesn't provide, nature does...
Educate and inform the whole mass of the people...They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty ~ Thomas Jefferson
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16344097
United States
11/21/2012 11:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

We are all made up of energy! God knows this already, it was we who didn't know this till recently in world history. Energy does not die. If energy is removed from something it goes somewhere else but it does not disappear or die!

Einsteins theory of relativity in how mass is energy and does not die but is simply transformed into new energy is the best example I would have to offer.

Einstein demonstrated that E=mc^2, that energy equals mass x the speed of light squared. What this equation relates simply is that energy and matter are one and the same thing. Matter is just a much more condensed and "slower" form of energy. Note, that everything in the universe vibrates, including the atoms of molecules of matter (mass). So nothing is completely "at rest" ever. Energy may be transformed but it may not be destroyed. This is the law of the conservation of energy. Exploding a nuclear weapon demonstrates that Einstein was right - matter can be converted to it's equivalent energy, and given the right conditions (most likely, a tremendous source of gravity, such as a black hole), energy can be condensed into matter.

"For the believer, both the evidence of science and the failure of science to explain the paranormal is all the proof they need. For the skeptic, no evidence no matter how scientific will ever be proof enough." ~John Zaffis

God tells you what is to happen to your energy once it is done here. The reason God all throughout the bible tells you to not fear death is because he knows of other things outside of your knowledge that you may never know.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/21/2012 11:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

We are all made up of energy! God knows this already, it was we who didn't know this till recently in world history. Energy does not die. If energy is removed from something it goes somewhere else but it does not disappear or die!

Einsteins theory of relativity in how mass is energy and does not die but is simply transformed into new energy is the best example I would have to offer.

Einstein demonstrated that E=mc^2, that energy equals mass x the speed of light squared. What this equation relates simply is that energy and matter are one and the same thing. Matter is just a much more condensed and "slower" form of energy. Note, that everything in the universe vibrates, including the atoms of molecules of matter (mass). So nothing is completely "at rest" ever. Energy may be transformed but it may not be destroyed. This is the law of the conservation of energy. Exploding a nuclear weapon demonstrates that Einstein was right - matter can be converted to it's equivalent energy, and given the right conditions (most likely, a tremendous source of gravity, such as a black hole), energy can be condensed into matter.

"For the believer, both the evidence of science and the failure of science to explain the paranormal is all the proof they need. For the skeptic, no evidence no matter how scientific will ever be proof enough." ~John Zaffis

God tells you what is to happen to your energy once it is done here. The reason God all throughout the bible tells you to not fear death is because he knows of other things outside of your knowledge that you may never know.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16344097

"What is Dark Matter?

The story of dark matter is best divided into two parts. First we have the reasons that we know that it exists. Second is the collection of possible explanations as to what it is.

Why the Universe Needs Dark Matter

We believe that that the Universe is critically balanced between being open and closed. We derive this fact from the observation of the large scale structure of the Universe. It requires a certain amount of matter to accomplish this result. Call it M.

We can estimate the total baryonic matter of the universe by studying Big Bang nucleosynthesis. This is done by connecting the observed He/H ratio of the Universe today to the amount of baryonic matter present during the early hot phase when most of the helium was produced. Once the temperature of the Universe dropped below the neutron-proton mass difference, neutrons began decaying into protons. If the early baryon density was low, then it was hard for a proton to find a neutron with which to make helium before too many of the neutrons decayed away to account for the amount of helium we see today. So by measuring the He/H ratio today, we can estimate the necessary baryon density shortly after the Big Bang, and, consequently, the total number of baryons today. It turns out that you need about 0.05 M total baryonic matter to account for the known ratio of light isotopes. So only 1/20 of the total mass of the Universe is baryonic matter.

Unfortunately, the best estimates of the total mass of everything that we can see with our telescopes is roughly 0.01 M. Where is the other 99% of the stuff of the Universe? Dark Matter!"

More on what we call Dark Matter here:

[link to math.ucr.edu]
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/21/2012 11:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Once again we should take this genius statement and see what it says!

THE STATEMENT IS THIS:

Non believers will be forever non content basically and believers will be forever content regardless.

Probably one of the smartest things ever said!! Why cause this is exactly what God is telling you throughout the entire bible (that is the core message in it)!! How is that for interesting!! Don't believe what this guy has said is what the Lord God has said? Let me give you one of the most known examples straight out of the bible.

John 11:26
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Wolverine
United States
11/21/2012 11:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Once again we should take this genius statement and see what it says!

THE STATEMENT IS THIS:

Non believers will be forever non content basically and believers will be forever content regardless.

Probably one of the smartest things ever said!! Why cause this is exactly what God is telling you throughout the entire bible (that is the core message in it)!! How is that for interesting!! Don't believe what this guy has said is what the Lord God has said? Let me give you one of the most known examples straight out of the bible.

John 11:26
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16344097

I must say that I am really good at this stuff!! ;)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17888588
United States
11/21/2012 11:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP--Thanks so much for this video. I didn't watch the whole thing but within the first 15 mins I was floored!
I have had many direct encounters with God when it comes to supernatural healing and I can vouch for God when it comes to that. 2 years ago I had a DR tell me that I most likely had cancer and it most likely spread. He said I only had to have the tests done to see where it was and how far it had gone.
Well, the DR didn't make my body so as far as I am concerned he didn't know all that much. I went to the maker of my body and asked him to fix it and today I feel great!Doing very well (with some issues )but not worried about dying that is for sure.
Doctors certainly have their place and for immediate pressing issues such as trauma, bleeding, pain, injuries, etc. Of course I would go to the ER. But I do not discount what God can do. It is the trust that is so hard to maintain because of our constant exposure to the world system. ( I hope people understand what I mean by this).

I should have died many, many times in many different ways but I didn't. God made me and my days are written out and numbered. That is fine with me. I trust him and that is what I work on everyday. Just trusting.

Again, thank you so very much for this video. I will watch it in its entirety later.

God Bless You!
Light to Go

User ID: 8545334
United States
11/22/2012 12:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here....no use for big pharm, self healing with my source.
Untroubled, Scornful, Outrageous-That is how Wisdom wants us to be!
White Genocide: 1900AD @ 35% - Today less than 8% of the earth's population
Sophia's Correction

GLP