Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,976 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 804,167
Pageviews Today: 1,423,918Threads Today: 476Posts Today: 9,930
02:12 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

So i was shopping today, and My wife said she saw me in a different aisle, asked how I changed clothes so fast...MUST READ

ChvyV8Bldr  (OP)

User ID: 28308698
United States
11/23/2012 04:00 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: So i was shopping today, and My wife said she saw me in a different aisle, asked how I changed clothes so fast...MUST READ
I was at Meijers today with my wife. We were alone and seperated. I went to the automotive section, I don't know where she was. After about 30 minutes or so, I ran into her, and she started laughing, asking why I was trying on different clothes and shoes and stuff. I had no idea what she was talking about. She said she had just seen me with different clothes on, down a different aisle. She thought nothing of it. I laughed it off. She swore up and down she had seen me, we almost started to fight over it. So we started looking for this guy who looked like me. We asked a lady where she said she saw me, and she said yes, I was just there, but with different clothes, to my surprise. Now this got my attention, did this guy look so much like me that my wife and another person said it was me? She even said she remembered my 6 point wedding ring (it's a 13/16 shaped like a nut gold)...I was floored....when we were leaving the store my wife yelled at me, there he was on the walk outside the store, i saw him, and it kinda looked like me, but he turned, and started walking fast away. I yelled for him to wait a minute...he started to run, and avoided me clearly. I also noticed my wedding ring. I couldn't catch this guy, and he seemed to just disappear. I walked back to my wife in awe. Could I have just seen myself from the future, and caught myself? I just got accepted to U of M and start in January, and was going to take some classes of a higher level. Did I get into something that allowed me to come back to see myself? I am just creeped out now.
 Quoting: ChvyV8Bldr

Megaball will be 41
Will we even know we were alive when we're dead? Me

Kingdoms were run by kings
Empires were run by Emperors
Countries are run by.....
Dumps were almost fixed by Trump
scorpio66

User ID: 2453057
United States
11/23/2012 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: So i was shopping today, and My wife said she saw me in a different aisle, asked how I changed clothes so fast...MUST READ
ok, sorry, but, pet peeve:

it's meijer, you were at meijer (not meijers) naughty
ChvyV8Bldr  (OP)

User ID: 28308698
United States
11/23/2012 04:40 PM

Report Abusive Post
ok, sorry, but, pet peeve:

it's meijer, you were at meijer (not meijers) naughty
 Quoting: scorpio66

It used to be Meijers thrifty acres to be exact.
Will we even know we were alive when we're dead? Me

Kingdoms were run by kings
Empires were run by Emperors
Countries are run by.....
Dumps were almost fixed by Trump
PhennommennonnModerator
Forum Administrator

11/23/2012 04:51 PM

Report Abusive Post
Time Travel? Woman Talking on Cell Phone in Charlie Chaplin Movie

[link to www.youtube.com]

Last Edited by Phennommennonn on 11/23/2012 04:51 PM
political correctness is a doctrine.... fostered by a delusional, illogical minority...... and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media; which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Sneetch

User ID: 14967850
United States
11/23/2012 04:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hes your doppelganger.

One day he'll come back...

For you.

You know what you have to do.
We were meant to live for so much more, have we lost ourselves?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22089906
Brazil
11/23/2012 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cool story, bro...

You should try becoming a professional writer of sci-fi short stories...

I guess you would be sucessful on that.
jadksn
User ID: 28270877
Austria
11/23/2012 05:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
OH SHIT SON you just created a time paradox.

Soon we'll all be speaking yiddish and wearing silly hats, thanks to you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28295645
United Kingdom
11/23/2012 05:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
lucky you
INK3

User ID: 27337849
United States
11/23/2012 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was at Meijers today with my wife. We were alone and seperated. I went to the automotive section, I don't know where she was. After about 30 minutes or so, I ran into her, and she started laughing, asking why I was trying on different clothes and shoes and stuff. I had no idea what she was talking about. She said she had just seen me with different clothes on, down a different aisle. She thought nothing of it. I laughed it off. She swore up and down she had seen me, we almost started to fight over it. So we started looking for this guy who looked like me. We asked a lady where she said she saw me, and she said yes, I was just there, but with different clothes, to my surprise. Now this got my attention, did this guy look so much like me that my wife and another person said it was me? She even said she remembered my 6 point wedding ring (it's a 13/16 shaped like a nut gold)...I was floored....when we were leaving the store my wife yelled at me, there he was on the walk outside the store, i saw him, and it kinda looked like me, but he turned, and started walking fast away. I yelled for him to wait a minute...he started to run, and avoided me clearly. I also noticed my wedding ring. I couldn't catch this guy, and he seemed to just disappear. I walked back to my wife in awe. Could I have just seen myself from the future, and caught myself? I just got accepted to U of M and start in January, and was going to take some classes of a higher level. Did I get into something that allowed me to come back to see myself? I am just creeped out now.

I had a somewhat weird and similar thing happen several years ago. I was waiting for my husband,in my car, with my oldest daughter, who was about 12 at the time. A woman pulled into the parking lot a few spaces away from us. She got out of the car (A Dodge Caravan), and I noticed that she had three small children with her, so it took her awhile to get everyone out, into the shopping cart, etc.,. My daughter said to me, "Mom, she looks just like you with darker hair". Sure enough she did look just like me, or how I looked about 8 or 9 years previously. The kids looked VERY much like mine at that age. She even walked like me. I also had a Dodge Caravan like the one she was driving. I watched them go into the store, and it was a very strange feeling. (BTW, when my kids were small, my hair was dark blonde, not highlighted). My daughter still remembers the incident. I have no explanation, but the resemblance of her to me, and her kids to mine was strange.
"When tyrants tremble in their fear, and hear their death knell ringing,
When friends rejoice both far and near, how can I keep from singing"

page7
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13578021
United States
11/23/2012 05:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Possibility #1 : you and your wife are both deceased, and don't know it.

Possibility #2 : you have an identical twin brother, and don't know it.

Possibility #3 : secret powers have prepared a double to replace you. They were planning to kidnap you today at the store while your wife wasn't near, take you out the side door, stuff you in a van. But they got the clothes wrong. They will try it again soon.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28348384
oh no his life has turned into shitty plot twists
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2918234
United Kingdom
11/23/2012 05:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
did the store have cctv ?

tell them you saw someone behaving suspiciously and may have stolen goods maybe they will let you see the footage.

get a pic
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28232355
United States
11/23/2012 05:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Something like that happened to me, a few of my friends said Then seen me at a bowling alley one night, but I was at home that whole night. I just blew it off as if they were messing with me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6750590
United States
11/23/2012 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why not contact the store and see if you can retrieve the security video. Would be interesting.
Battlestar Valkyrie

User ID: 22877893
United States
11/23/2012 05:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I ran into a girl at school that looked exactly like my younger sister. I almost said hey what are you doing. But she was away at a different school across the state.

A Few other people my sister and I know also seen the same girl.
All this has happened before, and will happen again.
Shamar

User ID: 1479302
United States
11/23/2012 05:32 PM

Report Abusive Post
It reminds me of articles that I have been stumbling upon about 'parallel universes'. I'm pretty conservative for the most part so this theory is really 'out there' for me. Basically, they say that every time you are in 'the fork in the road' or at a major decision in your life, then reality kind of splits into two, and each decision becomes another 'reality' (I know, weird, huh?)
And then, there's always the 'time machine' theory that people can actually travel in time and see themselves in the future or past. And that's just as weird but very intriguing.

I've always thought about 'if I could go back in my past and change a 'moment' what would I change'? There have been several so I guess my 'universes' would be endless!

My life is a galaxy of bad decisions for the most part anyway...

I loved your story and it sure brings some credibility to either option for sure!

Thanks for posting this! Maybe it will happen again soon, who knows???hf
 Quoting: DaddysGirl

reminds me of the movie "The Butterfly Effect"
Love is like light. It is never constrained to its source; it shines on everything and tends to spread spontaneously, unless we block it! ~ Cosmic Swami

Love is a one-way street.
Shoot straight Johnny

User ID: 28009509
United Kingdom
11/23/2012 05:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why not contact the store and see if you can retrieve the security video. Would be interesting.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6750590

bump
The chariots of God are tens of thousands, and thousands of thousands.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27317240
United States
11/23/2012 05:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
It reminds me of articles that I have been stumbling upon about 'parallel universes'. I'm pretty conservative for the most part so this theory is really 'out there' for me. Basically, they say that every time you are in 'the fork in the road' or at a major decision in your life, then reality kind of splits into two, and each decision becomes another 'reality' (I know, weird, huh?)
And then, there's always the 'time machine' theory that people can actually travel in time and see themselves in the future or past. And that's just as weird but very intriguing.

I've always thought about 'if I could go back in my past and change a 'moment' what would I change'? There have been several so I guess my 'universes' would be endless!

I loved your story and it sure brings some credibility to either option for sure!

Quoting: Shamar

You mean the movie where no one runs into a double of their self at any point?
Shoot straight Johnny

United Kingdom
11/23/2012 05:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Phennommennonn

As George Washington once said,

"You can never be entirely sure if something posted on the internet is true or not."
jadksn
User ID: 28270877
Austria
11/23/2012 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Phennommennonn

As George Washington once said,

"You can never be entirely sure if something posted on the internet is true or not."
 Quoting: Shoot straight Johnny

It's an old-timey hearing aid device. It's been debunked on here several times..
Shamar

User ID: 1479302
United States
11/23/2012 05:43 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Shamar

You mean the movie where no one runs into a double of their self at any point?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27317240

wasn't talking to the OP nor you. I was referring to Daddysgirl's post. Ty.
Love is like light. It is never constrained to its source; it shines on everything and tends to spread spontaneously, unless we block it! ~ Cosmic Swami

Love is a one-way street.
Þór

User ID: 26939269
Iceland
11/23/2012 05:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe it's just one of you'r timeline's crossing??
Thor=Þór
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20415078
United States
11/23/2012 05:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
You'll never really know I guess, huh.

Time travel, twin soul, parallel universe, clone, etc ... and although not in your case, doppelganger scenarios could also be attributed to reincarnation:
Thread: Man finds Doppelganger in painting while strolling through museum.
Ger
User ID: 28184487
United States
11/23/2012 05:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

So why didn't you run after him, catch up to him?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24011285
United Kingdom
11/23/2012 05:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Today I searched for an email I had recently sent. It was a response/conversation to an email sent to me, which had resulted in me actioning something. I could find neither the email - that I clearly remember writing - nor the Initial email that I received, but I HAD carried out the task requested in that email!
Shoot straight Johnny

United Kingdom
11/23/2012 05:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

So why didn't you run after him, catch up to him?
 Quoting: Ger 28184487

Cos maybe OP realised that there would be a terrific explosion as matter meets antimatter and he didn't want to singe his beard..
in5d

User ID: 26897578
United States
11/23/2012 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well maybe he went to the gas station, and played tonights winning numbers for megamillions.

maybe he's on a different forum talking about the same thing?
Epic Beard Guy

User ID: 26240425
United States
11/23/2012 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

If I could change one thing, I wouldn't. My life was tough back in the day, but I got my shit together, and ended up with a great life, and family. I would be afraid that if I changed something I wouldn't be the same person. I could end up losing all the great things that I have now. I couldn't imagine being without my wife and kids. I work really hard, but over all, my life is good. I would never try to change that. I have been very honest about where I have been and what I have done. People have tried to use my past against me, but they haven't come up anything that I have been trying to hide. I even had one bitch try to blackmail me. If I didn't give her what she wanted she would tell my wife all about my past. I told her to take a flying leap. She went staight to my wife, who laughed at her. No, I could not change anything. My past was hard, but my life now is perfect. I wouldn't jepardize that by changing mistakes I have made.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
Narcoleptic Shill

User ID: 19579172
United States
11/23/2012 06:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
This case is solved.
Gregor Samsa

User ID: 28327922
Turkey
11/23/2012 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Were you adopted? There are some stories of identical twins who were raised apart, and made strikenly similar choices in their lives. (like wedding rings)
 Quoting: samanthasunflower

If this is the case let's wait and see if the other dude posts his side of the story on GLP too...
To know means to know all. Not to know all means not to know. In order to know all, it is only necessary to know a little. But, in order to know this little, it is first necessary to know pretty much.
G.I. Gurdjieff
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26172849
United States
11/23/2012 06:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's the you a few years from now...it seems.
:eyebrow: Lots of stories about people seeing themselves in a similar capacity...mostly from the last 18 hours...maybe we're in a weird pocket where stuff like that is enhanced?
 Quoting: ArunaLuna

Link?

GLP