Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,115 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 786,699
Pageviews Today: 1,385,244Threads Today: 454Posts Today: 9,511
01:48 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Japan's Population Now So Old That Sales Of Adult Diapers Exceed Those For Babies

smilesun
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 28357870
Italy
11/23/2012 05:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Japan's Population Now So Old That Sales Of Adult Diapers Exceed Those For Babies
Less than a quarter-century ago, Japan was the economic envy of the world. In 1989, Tokyo-listed shares represented nearly half the planet’s equity value, while the land beneath the city’s royal palace was worth more than all of California. American nightly news anchors practically misted up when they had to report that Rockefeller Center was turning Japanese.

Two lost decades and massive property- and stock-bubble explosions later, Japan is a one-word cautionary tale. Caught in economic and demographic atrophy—and stewarded by countless false-start prime ministers—the country has become a hub for zombie banks, a generation of disenchanted youth, and fading brands such as Sony (SNE), Sharp (6753:JP), and Panasonic (PC).

Last year, for the first time, sales of adult diapers in Japan exceeded those for babies. Read more [link to www.businessweek.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28344712
United Kingdom
11/23/2012 05:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Japan's Population Now So Old That Sales Of Adult Diapers Exceed Those For Babies
Prepare to strap on yer adult diapers, and vomit with fear!

scream

shitstreamfightahhh

yak
Redpaw360

User ID: 11235712
United States
11/23/2012 05:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Japan's Population Now So Old That Sales Of Adult Diapers Exceed Those For Babies
DOOM !~!

Thanks for the Laugh OP, I thought it was funny to read, yeah, i'm sick like that.
Oregon Constitution Article I, Section 27

The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power.
smilesun  (OP)

Italy
11/23/2012 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
DOOM !~!

Thanks for the Laugh OP, I thought it was funny to read, yeah, i'm sick like that.
 Quoting: Redpaw360

Sick like that? Why? :-)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28358292
Japan
11/23/2012 05:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
One benefit is that there is less change with an older population. Things doN't change much here. That suits me just fine.
smilesun  (OP)

Italy
11/23/2012 05:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28344712

Government of Japan assists the general strategic functions :-).
Debauchery

User ID: 15455863
United States
11/23/2012 05:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wish I could just piss my pants. It would be so much easier than getting up, getting dressed and wandering through the dark to get to the bathroom several times a night.
And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

I am an evil giraffe, and I shall eat more leaves from this tree than perhaps I should, so that other giraffes may die.
smilesun  (OP)

Italy
11/23/2012 05:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
One benefit is that there is less change with an older population. Things doN't change much here. That suits me just fine.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28358292

Having the world's highest percentage of older people is creating unique challenges for Japan, but a report released by the United Nations Population Fund warns that they will not be unique for long.
Japan is the only country with 30 per cent of its population over 60, but by 2050 more than 60 other countries, from China to Canada to Albania, will be in the same boat. [link to www.thenational.ae]
Redpaw360

User ID: 11235712
United States
11/23/2012 05:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
DOOM !~!

Quoting: smilesun

I just pictured a bunch of old people in need of more diapers than the parents of children within the same country, and found it so funny.

This is not funny, as in disrespect, as Japan holds my admiration for its culture and enduring test of survival from the quake aftereffects.

I think i find it funny as alot of cultures have young people who show very little respect for the older generation who constantly try to teach them wisdom and moderation for things in life.... usually met in general with a "fuck you" attitude.

....and now the younger generation has to wipe the ass and change the diapers of their older generation as punishment for their disrespect.

I cant wait until this happens to a few other countries. To be old is to be honored, not cast aside as outdated relics to a new generation.

JMHO
Oregon Constitution Article I, Section 27

The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power.
smilesun  (OP)

User ID: 28381957
Italy
11/24/2012 08:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
DOOM !~!

Quoting: smilesun

I just pictured a bunch of old people in need of more diapers than the parents of children within the same country, and found it so funny.

This is not funny, as in disrespect, as Japan holds my admiration for its culture and enduring test of survival from the quake aftereffects.

I think i find it funny as alot of cultures have young people who show very little respect for the older generation who constantly try to teach them wisdom and moderation for things in life.... usually met in general with a "fuck you" attitude.

....and now the younger generation has to wipe the ass and change the diapers of their older generation as punishment for their disrespect.

I cant wait until this happens to a few other countries. To be old is to be honored, not cast aside as outdated relics to a new generation.

JMHO

Before, I have comment with this ...

Having the world's highest percentage of older people is creating unique challenges for Japan, but a report released by the United Nations Population Fund warns that they will not be unique for long. Japan is the only country with 30 per cent of its population over 60, but by 2050 more than 60 other countries, from China to Canada to Albania, will be in the same boat. [link to www.thenational.ae]

GLP