Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,178 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,049,558
Pageviews Today: 1,887,563Threads Today: 821Posts Today: 14,494
09:21 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

For 4TH year--NO GOD in Obama's Thanksgiving Address--FIRST PRESIDENT TO OMIT GOD--Here's what other presidents have said on Thanksging

tiger1

User ID: 6269153
United States
11/23/2012 10:18 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: For 4TH year--NO GOD in Obama's Thanksgiving Address--FIRST PRESIDENT TO OMIT GOD--Here's what other presidents have said on Thanksging
HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS PRESIDENT AND OUR PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS IN HOW THEY VIEWED THANKSGIVING--see below for other president's addresses----

[link to www.lifesitenews.com]

November 22, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) – For the fourth year straight, President Obama has omitted any direct statement thanking God in his Thanksgiving address.

In 2009 President Obama made history when he issued the first presidential Thanksgiving proclamation that failed to directly thank God. There was an outcry, and Obama’s subsequent proclamations have made prominent mention of God.

However, as Ben Shapiro of Breitbart points out, his Thanksgiving addresses (as opposed to the proclamations), which he reads to the camera, have continued to eschew mention of God.

In his 2012 Thanksgiving address, Obama says that Thanksgiving is “a time to give thanks for each other, and for the incredible bounty we enjoy.”

“Today we give thanks for blessings that are all too rare in this world,” he continues. “The ability to spend time with the ones we love; to say what we want; to worship as we please; to know that there are brave men and women defending our freedom around the globe; and to look our children in the eye and tell them that, here in America, no dream is too big if they’re willing to work for it.”

But Shapiro observes that Obama’s address excludes mention of the person Americans traditionally give thanks to on Thanksgiving - God. In so doing, he charges, the president “has ignored the central message of the holiday.”

Quoting: telling it straight

Good! It's about time we had a religious neutral leadership. Your "God" can be quite an offense to some and it has no place in our government.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27786776

Obama is not "religion neutral". He is anti-religion.
Praise God from Whom all Blessings flow !!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 801546
United States
11/23/2012 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: For 4TH year--NO GOD in Obama's Thanksgiving Address--FIRST PRESIDENT TO OMIT GOD--Here's what other presidents have said on Thanksging
If Obama feels it's his prerogative not to mention God, he's simply exercising his 1st amendment rights. That is the bottom line. If you feel he should talk about God, then you are going against a core American value in the 1st amendment.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1494620

I didn't have to look under your name to know right away you aren't from the United States. Can you believe the ignorance in this thread?

Every form of insults thrown at our President, and everyone wanting to force him to speak about God? What has this country come to?

Sorry, not ALL Americans are like these people here.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/23/2012 10:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS PRESIDENT AND OUR PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS IN HOW THEY VIEWED THANKSGIVING--see below for other president's addresses----

November 22, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) – For the fourth year straight, President Obama has omitted any direct statement thanking God in his Thanksgiving address.

In 2009 President Obama made history when he issued the first presidential Thanksgiving proclamation that failed to directly thank God. There was an outcry, and Obama’s subsequent proclamations have made prominent mention of God.

However, as Ben Shapiro of Breitbart points out, his Thanksgiving addresses (as opposed to the proclamations), which he reads to the camera, have continued to eschew mention of God.

In his 2012 Thanksgiving address, Obama says that Thanksgiving is “a time to give thanks for each other, and for the incredible bounty we enjoy.”

“Today we give thanks for blessings that are all too rare in this world,” he continues. “The ability to spend time with the ones we love; to say what we want; to worship as we please; to know that there are brave men and women defending our freedom around the globe; and to look our children in the eye and tell them that, here in America, no dream is too big if they’re willing to work for it.”

But Shapiro observes that Obama’s address excludes mention of the person Americans traditionally give thanks to on Thanksgiving - God. In so doing, he charges, the president “has ignored the central message of the holiday.”

Good! It's about time we had a religious neutral leadership. Your "God" can be quite an offense to some and it has no place in our government.

Quoting: tiger1

How much does the Republican Party, or the Bush Cabal pay you to shill?
mrclean

User ID: 26734545
Switzerland
11/23/2012 10:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't know why anyone is surprised. He's a satanist.

He's likely THE antichrist. (Don't give me nonscense about there are multiple antichrists you KNOW what i'm talking about he's the man of sin, the man of perdition)

He has mocked God in EVERY way. He promotes homosexuality, promiscuity, abortion, islam, paganism, etc. He's on the warpath to financially destroy America, DELIBERATELY. He LOVES every religion except Judaism and Christianity...now WHY is that, you think?

Only SATAN'S servant would work so hard to discredit the word of God.

Here's him mocking the bible back in 2008:

Same homosexual satanist, different year. The only difference is YOU are aware of it, so do what you must to be saved, before this man of pure evil releases hell on earth on this country....that's a promise.

I think yesterday someone made a thread titled 'I didn't think the end of the world would be so GAY'...well guess what, it is. Satan and his Illumanati/Freemason/Roman Catholic buddies love butt-banging each other and slurping Jizz from each other's buttholes. They get off on it.

Satan's a full fledged homo. How does that make you feel?

Last Edited by mrclean on 11/23/2012 10:24 PM
mrclean
tiger1

United States
11/23/2012 10:23 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 801546

I am not a republican. I am a registered democrat, who votes independant. As for Bush, he was ineffective, but obama has declared war on the Constitution. Who's worse?
I tell things like I see them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28304865
United States
11/23/2012 10:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

“Today we give thanks for blessings that are all too rare in this world,” he continues. “The ability to spend time with the ones we love; to say what we want; to worship as we please; to know that there are brave men and women defending our freedom around the globe; and to look our children
in the eye and tell them that, here in America, no dream is too big if they’re willing to work for it.”

If God is offensive to you, then you need to get the sand out of your pussy and quit being a cunt.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/23/2012 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

I am not a republican. I am a registered democrat, who votes independant. As for Bush, he was ineffective, but obama has declared war on the Constitution. Who's worse?

Oh please. Everyone acts like Obama works for different people than Bush worked for.

Whos worse? WHO CARES. Obama is just following the script. The decisions aren't made by him, just like they weren't made by GWB.

SO who the fuck cares who is worse? Explain to me why I should care?

Why waste the time attacking the puppets, when you should be doing your research on the puppet masters.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/23/2012 10:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

“Today we give thanks for blessings that are all too rare in this world,” he continues. “The ability to spend time with the ones we love; to say what we want; to worship as we please; to know that there are brave men and women defending our freedom around the globe; and to look our children
in the eye and tell them that, here in America, no dream is too big if they’re willing to work for it.”

If God is offensive to you, then you need to get the sand out of your pussy and quit being a cunt.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28304865

Oh you silly troll, you simply misunderstood him. GOD isn't offensive to him, just the ignorant, loud mouthed, low IQ followers of most religions who believe THEY have the truth, and they try to cram their bs spoonfed religion down everyone elses throat.

You know, it is THOSE christians that are offensive to the rest of the world.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1494620
United States
11/23/2012 10:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm pretty sure the Patriot Act declared war on the Constitution. Who signed one into law? Who renewed it in 2006? You may be partially correct about Obama, but you're leaving out some important details in your argument.
tiger1

United States
11/23/2012 10:34 PM

Report Abusive Post

Oh please. Everyone acts like Obama works for different people than Bush worked for.

Whos worse? WHO CARES. Obama is just following the script. The decisions aren't made by him, just like they weren't made by GWB.

SO who the fuck cares who is worse? Explain to me why I should care?

Why waste the time attacking the puppets, when you should be doing your research on the puppet masters.

I care for my country, and the Constitution of my country. Obama goes against the Constitution, the rights and freedoms of all Americans.
tiger1

United States
11/23/2012 10:36 PM

Report Abusive Post

I'm pretty sure the Patriot Act declared war on the Constitution. Who signed one into law? Who renewed it in 2006? You may be partially correct about Obama, but you're leaving out some important details in your argument.

Obama has gone way beyond the Patriot Act. Since he has taken office, all Americans are treated as terroists. Our religious freedom has been taken away, as well as the right to be innocent until proven guilty.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1616631
United States
11/23/2012 10:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
the dude is just nuts
and
we are screwed
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27786776
American Samoa
11/23/2012 10:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

I disagree, Bush was not "ineffective", he was deliberately harmful. He turned our country into trash.
Religion neutral, anti-religion, it doesn't matter. The USA was founded on respecting our "Creator", not "God".
Most quantum physicists will agree that there is a "Creator", but by injecting the G-word into politics you are defining the USA as a Christian county, which it is not.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22022484
United States
11/23/2012 10:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

KARMA + 1 God to me is who made me and I love who made me or wait did I make myself and swim up a stream before I learned how to walk on 2 legs ? sockpuppet
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28362017
United States
11/23/2012 10:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
BIG FUCKING DEAL FUCK ALL YOU AND YOUR FAG GOD.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/23/2012 10:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
BIG FUCKING DEAL FUCK ALL YOU AND YOUR FAG GOD.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28362017

yes I do like the color red
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25327582
Canada
11/23/2012 11:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
What does God have to do with Thanksgiving?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28311173
Italy
11/23/2012 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks to God all Churches always fighted Science. Withouth medicine we would all die of countless diseases- The heretic alchemy has given birth to Chemistry and this has helped humanity. Not God, God doesn't even has the decency to show up. Where he is? Nowhere ^_^

If not thanks to science. You all were withouth internet connection, electricity, chemistry, medicine, and universities. The church of God the almighty prohibited these heretic things, forbidden to monks. Instead, allowed Galileo to die and all innocent women. All countries relying on religions are now starving like India. while the caucasians made progress thanks to Light age. Since Enlightening age and Faith are antonys, subsequently why on earth would have God inspired his enemies or people who struggle against faith. He'd never do such things, therefore there's no God who helped to boost his enemy. But this enemy helped us reach what we are today, even reducing mortality rates...
It should take a book to discuss this matter throughly...
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/23/2012 11:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks to God all Churches always fighted Science. Withouth medicine we would all die of countless diseases- The heretic alchemy has given birth to Chemistry and this has helped humanity. Not God, God doesn't even has the decency to show up. Where he is? Nowhere ^_^

If not thanks to science. You all were withouth internet connection, electricity, chemistry, medicine, and universities. The church of God the almighty prohibited these heretic things, forbidden to monks. Instead, allowed Galileo to die and all innocent women. All countries relying on religions are now starving like India. while the caucasians made progress thanks to Light age. Since Enlightening age and Faith are antonys, subsequently why on earth would have God inspired his enemies or people who struggle against faith. He'd never do such things, therefore there's no God who helped to boost his enemy. But this enemy helped us reach what we are today, even reducing mortality rates...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28311173

lmao does it matter ? We all die anyway ! $ is a slave master tool ;)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27129259
United States
11/23/2012 11:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
And yea, Allah is no different than Yahweh, or the God of christianity. If you study your history, all 3 of those religions are Abrahamic religions, and the Jews, The Muslims, and the Christians. They all worship the same God, they just split off and use different texts.

I'd much rather Obama be worshipping Allah, then worshipping Lucifer like GWB and many other presidents. Although honestly, Obama probably worships Lucifer like they all do.

your very very wrong.
Allah is Mohammad's god. This is Islam, there text used is the Koran, not the bible.
The Trinity is The Father (the creator), the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. This is Christian. The text used is the bible, OT and NT.
The Jews reject Jesus, and only refer to part of the OT.

Allah/Mohammad do not refer to Christ as anything but a prophet, or a nice man. This is not the same god that Christians or Jews worship.
Allah does not = the great "I AM" of the bible. The koran is a rip off by a nutjob who hated Jews and Christians and made up his one religion and holy book stealing references and language from the bible.
You either serve Jesus who says he is God in the flesh, of one mind but seperate bodies with the father and the spirit, or you worship a false god. So says Jesus. You can NOT get to the father (have his ear, have his forgiveness or promises of the afterlife)if you do not believe that Jesus was who he said he was.

Not the same god, get over it.
IamOrthodox

User ID: 20196653
United States
11/23/2012 11:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
BOZO!!!!!!!!!propoganda
That should be Islam.........not Christ!

Last Edited by The SunKing on 11/23/2012 11:16 PM
The SunKing
John16:33
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/23/2012 11:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
And yea, Allah is no different than Yahweh, or the God of christianity. If you study your history, all 3 of those religions are Abrahamic religions, and the Jews, The Muslims, and the Christians. They all worship the same God, they just split off and use different texts.

I'd much rather Obama be worshipping Allah, then worshipping Lucifer like GWB and many other presidents. Although honestly, Obama probably worships Lucifer like they all do.

your very very wrong.
Allah is Mohammad's god. This is Islam, there text used is the Koran, not the bible.
The Trinity is The Father (the creator), the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. This is Christian. The text used is the bible, OT and NT.
The Jews reject Jesus, and only refer to part of the OT.

Allah/Mohammad do not refer to Christ as anything but a prophet, or a nice man. This is not the same god that Christians or Jews worship.
Allah does not = the great "I AM" of the bible. The koran is a rip off by a nutjob who hated Jews and Christians and made up his one religion and holy book stealing references and language from the bible.
You either serve Jesus who says he is God in the flesh, of one mind but seperate bodies with the father and the spirit, or you worship a false god. So says Jesus. You can NOT get to the father (have his ear, have his forgiveness or promises of the afterlife)if you do not believe that Jesus was who he said he was.

Not the same god, get over it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27129259

Tell me I'm wrong. I like to read silly comments ;)
Amy_A

User ID: 16982804
United States
11/23/2012 11:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

I am sure Obama knows the true history about Thanksgiving. Why would our God give thanks to this day?

We have been lied too again! We celebrate holidays they created yet we do not know the true stories behind the holidays.

Peace
Amy
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/23/2012 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

I am sure Obama knows the true history about Thanksgiving. Why would our God give thanks to this day?

We have been lied too again! We celebrate holidays they created yet we do not know the true stories behind the holidays.

Peace
 Quoting: Amy_A

Why would you say and I quote "Why would our God give thanks to this day?"?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1306067
United States
11/23/2012 11:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
So far, from this thread, we've learned Obama is:

1) From Kenya
2) A Communist
3) The Anti-Christ
4) A Godless Heathen

You shills crack me up :)

Personally, I could not care LESS whether or not some deity is mentioned by the President of the United States.

You know what DID rub me the wrong way? When George W. Bush said God came to him and was with him , supporting him to invade Iraq. THAT is sick.

Keep God out of politics. Keep God out of schools. Keep god out of EVERYTHING except for the family (if you choose), church, and your own shrine/meditation center/prayer table whatever you have.

GOD is a personal thing. You should be able to be a great person, leader, or whatever your occupation is, regardless of which God you believe in, or if you believe in one at all. It should NEVER be a prerequisite , or even a PART of politics, or the workforce, or schools,e tc.

Says the guy who wants HIS religion (Atheism) practiced by everyone...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6588676

Really?

First of all, you assume I'm atheism, which I'm not. I believe in GOD and have my whole life....

Secondly, you assume that WHATEVER it is I practice, or believe, I somehow want to force this on everybody??

Are you speaking for yourself, maybe?

You couldn't be further from the truth if you had a threesome with bullshit and ignorance.

Yeah, I see what you're trying to say buddy. After all, things have improved greatly since they started taking God out of ALL THINGS within the public eye.

Yeppers, been nothing but sunshine and lollipops (of all colors, sexual preferences, and beliefs of course)
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

Peace
 Quoting: Amy_A

Why would you say and I quote "Why would our God give thanks to this day?"?
 Quoting: DaRtHbAlLeR

We are all here to learn simple and that's all
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28311173
Italy
Report Abusive Post

Yes, but we don't die prematurely, we dont throw bombs against each other in the name of Allah akhbar! Either would you call the Holy land a land sorrounded by a sea named 'dead sea' (nomen omen) where the people in the name of God, which is supposed to be peace, Regina pax the holy mare, Throwing bombs at each other's butts since the great Sion decided to inhabit that barren and dead land violating the commandments, stealing other's land and killing people in Gaza??? A land full of tremendous homicides since the Crusades and the Crucifiction....

w
o
w

Phail
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/23/2012 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

Obama has gone way beyond the Patriot Act. Since he has taken office, all Americans are treated as terroists. Our religious freedom has been taken away, as well as the right to be innocent until proven guilty.

really? Name specifically WHAT Obama has done differently than Bush that makes all Americans treated like terrorists.

I'm an American, and I'm not treated any differently than I was 8 years ago. Maybe you are treated like a terrorist by others because you go around harassing our president and others?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28355640
United States
11/23/2012 11:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Have any of you ever heard of separation of church and state?

The POTUS has no reason whatsoever to EVER invoke the name of a god or religion in his position.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/23/2012 11:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, but we don't die prematurely, we dont throw bombs against each other in the name of Allah akhbar! Either would you call the Holy land a land sorrounded by a sea named 'dead sea' (nomen omen) where the people in the name of God, which is supposed to be peace, Regina pax the holy mare, Throwing bombs at each other's butts since the great Sion decided to inhabit that barren and dead land violating the commandments, stealing other's land and killing people in Gaza??? A land full of tremendous homicides since the Crusades and the Crucifiction....

w
o
w

Phail

I don't care what anyone does I will reincarnate.

GLP