Thereign
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 7667816
United States
11/23/2012 09:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
My Opinion on death MUST READ
So I believe life well death to be more specific is a video game. I'm not saying go out and do a whole ton of crazy s**t
but I mean like in the sense of the after life. Well think of it like this when you die based on how you played or what religion you followed determines your afterlife.

Buddhist: We all know they believe in Reincarnation so basically its a game that never ends it basically starts you over again as a new player in a new environment on a different difficulty.

Christians: Believe in Jesus and going to Heaven or Hell. Based on how you acted in life. So by playing well or being a kind person along the way you gain entry to heaven where you can do what you want. Or if you were evil you get sent to hell.

Atheist: It's game over eternal darkness.

Well thats my take i'd do more but i'd have to study up on other religions. What do you all think?
“The sun is gone, but I have a light.”
Thereign  (OP)

United States
11/23/2012 10:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: My Opinion on death MUST READ
bump
Mike Hawk

User ID: 18926892
United States
11/23/2012 10:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
So I believe life well death to be more specific is a video game. I'm not saying go out and do a whole ton of crazy s**t
but I mean like in the sense of the after life. Well think of it like this when you die based on how you played or what religion you followed determines your afterlife.

Buddhist: We all know they believe in Reincarnation so basically its a game that never ends it basically starts you over again as a new player in a new environment on a different difficulty.

Christians: Believe in Jesus and going to Heaven or Hell. Based on how you acted in life. So by playing well or being a kind person along the way you gain entry to heaven where you can do what you want. Or if you were evil you get sent to hell.

Well thats my take i'd do more but i'd have to study up on other religions. What do you all think?
 Quoting: Thereign

Your buddhist could be true. Not an expert on that.

Christian one is wrong. Not too many humans currently in the heavenly realm. There currently is a hades or sheol which is not hell. In that realm there are many different areas some of which aren't really that bad at all. Hell is the lake of fire that no one is in yet. That is only after the final judement after Jesus reigns on earth for one thousand years at which point humans will still live as they do now outside of the holy city. The inhabitors of the city cannot die yet still have physical form and need to eat from the tree(s) of life and drink water of life.

Atheist one is wrong. No eternal anything. An entire ceasing of existance. The physical body that is burned or becomes worm food or fertilizer is all that is left.

Last Edited by Mike Hawk on 11/23/2012 10:26 PM
Thereign  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 12:48 AM
Report Abusive Post

Your buddhist could be true. Not an expert on that.

Christian one is wrong. Not too many humans currently in the heavenly realm. There currently is a hades or sheol which is not hell. In that realm there are many different areas some of which aren't really that bad at all. Hell is the lake of fire that no one is in yet. That is only after the final judement after Jesus reigns on earth for one thousand years at which point humans will still live as they do now outside of the holy city. The inhabitors of the city cannot die yet still have physical form and need to eat from the tree(s) of life and drink water of life.

Atheist one is wrong. No eternal anything. An entire ceasing of existance. The physical body that is burned or becomes worm food or fertilizer is all that is left.
 Quoting: Mike Hawk

Have any thing for the other religions?
Talkinghands

User ID: 28377489
United States
11/24/2012 12:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Nature is your natural religion. The tree can be one of the most wisest creations you can learn from.
Thereign  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 12:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
I really just joined the site so I can get over my fear of death. i'm not a religious man. Its just everyone in my family is getting older i'm so scared
Thereign  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 12:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
I really just joined the site so I can get over my fear of death. i'm not a religious man. Its just everyone in my family is getting older i'm so scared
Mike Hawk

User ID: 28388308
United States
11/24/2012 11:40 AM
Report Abusive Post

If you are an atheist then nothing to worry about. Once you cease to exist it is like you never existed. So you won't know either way. Same applies to your family members. Infact, it makes this life worthless. It only leaves ego stroking and indulgence in animalistic urges.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
11/24/2012 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
What have you learned about reincarnation OP?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28329499
United Kingdom
11/24/2012 11:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

death is something to be looked forward to, the ULTIMATE adventure

it's the fear of death that holds so many back, and it's also 'their' primary weapon against us all too
Thereign  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 12:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

I believe its an old soul entering a new body. Basically a way for you to do things that weren't possible before so you get to experience everything.
Thereign  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 12:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

death is something to be looked forward to, the ULTIMATE adventure

it's the fear of death that holds so many back, and it's also 'their' primary weapon against us all too
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28329499

What do you mean by death being the ultimate adventure?
NonAlignedEntity

User ID: 26696239
United States
11/24/2012 12:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Buddhists believe reincarnation is a learning process so that people will be ready to evolve beyond this realm.

What if this IS the afterlife?
Overstand, this isn't a sermon from the hill, but a 'Trespassers Will Be Shot' Sign.
Sunyata

User ID: 18505236
United States
11/24/2012 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thereign  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Buddhists believe reincarnation is a learning process so that people will be ready to evolve beyond this realm.

Quoting: NonAlignedEntity

Then why would there be so much pain and sadness in the afterlife?
Sunyata

United States
11/24/2012 12:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Buddhist philosophy originates from the Hindu cosmology. That you are all that there is, the self of the universe. It is seen as a drama of the self. You are playing every part in this existence only you forget that you do that. If you knew everything you would be tremendously bored. So you go out and forget that you're it.
Thereign  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 12:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Buddhist philosophy originates from the Hindu cosmology. That you are all that there is, the self of the universe. It is seen as a drama of the self. You are playing every part in this existence only you forget that you do that. If you knew everything you would be tremendously bored. So you go out and forget that you're it.
 Quoting: Sunyata

That was beautiful
Sunyata

United States
11/24/2012 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Sunyata

That was beautiful

So we're looking for a donkey while riding a donkey. hf
Thereign  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 12:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
But I still don't get whats the point... War, Money, Pain, Sadness, why whats the cause of it? My friend said look into REM and DMT
Sunyata

United States
11/24/2012 12:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
But I still don't get whats the point... War, Money, Pain, Sadness, why whats the cause of it? My friend said look into REM and DMT

You asking the question poses that you have a problem.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28367863
United States
11/24/2012 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP ..... For 'heavens sake', buy a book on punctuation !

Well .... is either a HOLE in the ground or an expression like ah, ahem, etc.

We'll is we will, meaning wise.

Your writing is VERY difficult/trying to read !

THINK about IT !

Peace. Sincerely,

Eagle
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1711362
Canada
11/24/2012 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well the objective of human life in Buddhism, Hinduism, Santana Dharma and other similar faiths from that region is to END THE GAME! Being born according to Buddha is a pain in the ass and the point is to become powerful enough to stop this cycle of birth and death.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1711362
Canada
11/24/2012 12:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sufism (Spiritual Islam) The aim is to gain "Fana". Meaning enlightenment and merge with the soul. Life only has one goal. End it by merging with god himself. Most sufi throughout history have reached this goal.
Understudy
User ID: 28388017
United Kingdom
11/24/2012 01:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
GODS opinion on death. HEBREWS9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Little Drummer

User ID: 23833166
United States
11/24/2012 01:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP ..... For 'heavens sake', buy a book on punctuation !

Well .... is either a HOLE in the ground or an expression like ah, ahem, etc.

We'll is we will, meaning wise.

Your writing is VERY difficult/trying to read !

THINK about IT !

Peace. Sincerely,

Eagle
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28367863

It helps me to read with my heart and not my eyes, I know this seems strange. The brain and mind are not the same. The mind is connected to your heart source. It lets me understand at a deeper level. I found the writing super easy to read. But then if you notice the OP and I speak the same language of the mind.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
11/24/2012 03:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

I believe its an old soul entering a new body. Basically a way for you to do things that weren't possible before so you get to experience everything.

Yes but how did a soul come to be 'old'? Through many lifetimes of experience perhaps? You said you came here to overcome your fear of death? Is it possible that you have lived and 'died' many times already? You may be a veteran when it come to 'dying' and not even know it. : )

Ever checked into the work of Dr. Ian Stevenson or Dr. Jim Tucker? They conducted work researching cases of children recalling past life memories and there are instances upon which the information/details provided by the children can be investigated and independenty confirmed. Very fascinating.

P.S. your sig takes up the entire screen on my tablet. Any way to truncate it? tounge
Darwin
User ID: 1351603
United States
11/24/2012 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Darwin's Rejects and ....

Those that Evolved.

NonAlignedEntity

United States
11/24/2012 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: NonAlignedEntity

Then why would there be so much pain and sadness in the afterlife?

To learn to deal with it. To find the joy. To teach you to overcome and let go.

You presume the afterlife is some sweetness or some oblivion. Whatever it is, it is. All speculation is idle and masturbatory.

Why WOULDN'T there be pain and sadness in any realm?

I imagine it has more to do with dissatisfaction with this realm, and the hope that somewhere things are different.

This is how hope and fear is used to enslave people.
Overstand, this isn't a sermon from the hill, but a 'Trespassers Will Be Shot' Sign.
NonAlignedEntity

United States
11/24/2012 03:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

Money, control, and slavery. No need to look any deeper. That just shows you don't want to deal with the reality around you. This is laying to waste the opportunities we are presented with to be something.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28348384
United States
11/24/2012 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I like to make incisions into the belly of infants then fuck the incisions until the child dies.

wtf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27914954
Russia
11/24/2012 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't want to be mean but it's very tiresome to scroll through your long signature every time, maybe you can shorten it a bit.

GLP