Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,044 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 510,353
Pageviews Today: 895,722Threads Today: 432Posts Today: 6,695
10:11 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Has Anyone Contemplated The Purpose Of Life?

Blahblahblah
User ID: 12384893
United States
11/24/2012 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Has Anyone Contemplated The Purpose Of Life?
Alright folks ....the answer is very simple.... "42" ....
AdamCanFly

User ID: 15844838
United States
11/24/2012 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
We are a way for the universe to know itself.
Milo Jeeder (OP)
User ID: 27302664
United States
11/24/2012 12:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Alright folks ....the answer is very simple.... "42" ....
 Quoting: Blahblahblah 12384893

For my sake I sure hope not.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28389272
United States
11/24/2012 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
A simple yes or no will suffice or an individual detailed publication of the account...whichever.
 Quoting: Milo Jeeder 27302664

Yes. Very simple. Just posted in another thread.

The only purpose is for soul development. You and your soul group predetermine what lessons and experiences you need to improve on (it is a self-imposed karma), and how yourself and others in the group will be connected (e.g. spouses, friends, teachers, etc...). It is very elaborate.

When you are done, you and your soul group review the lessons and whether or not you need additional experiences or not, and move on.

That's it. It's one big "simulation" to make our souls better.
Milo Jeeder (OP)
User ID: 27302664
United States
11/24/2012 06:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Lole Ibn Plutoon

User ID: 18834821
United States
11/24/2012 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
the meaning of life is replication through efficiency, with the minimal number of negative external affects.
"No matter how exotic human civilization becomes, no matter the developments of life and society nor the complexity of the machine/human interface, there always come interludes of lonely power when the course of humankind, depends upon the relatively simple actions of single individuals."
~Tleilaxu Godbuk
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28390169
Bahamas
11/24/2012 06:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Read The Purpose Driven Life by Pastor Rick Warren
Milo Jeeder
User ID: 28700278
United States
11/30/2012 01:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
I suppose one can define a purpose for life but it still lacks the ability to predate the actual purpose.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1510490
United States
11/30/2012 01:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
eat, fuck, shit, and finally, worm food.
tknicker

User ID: 22801908
United States
11/30/2012 01:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
A simple yes or no will suffice or an individual detailed publication of the account...whichever.

Two things I know for certain:

1. To expand your capacity to love

2. To gain wisdom from your experiences

There's no way to tell what happens after death, and it really doesn't matter. Step out of your constantly moving mind and become an observer of it. Live in the present and simply observe the beauty that is happening all around you at every second. There is only now, there will always be now. Live in that moment and create your universe.
wabishkaeyabe
User ID: 28671687
United States
11/30/2012 02:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes - in depth and over many years and down many paths and into and out of many relationships, and I have found that purposes vary between people with little or no constraint of direction, only intent.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27205820
United States
11/30/2012 02:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

Our purpose is to die. That being said, you can make your own hell or live happy. The rest is just bullshit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24182468
United States
11/30/2012 02:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
The meaning of life is to live.
Ghandi said same,
"Whatever you do will be insignificant,
but it is very important that you do it."
Live to the fullest.
Love to the fullest.
Fight to the end.
Help others along the way.
Stand for what you believe in.
Peace to you all.
love,p.
Talkinghands

User ID: 28761952
United States
11/30/2012 02:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
if you had a button you could push and get what ever you wanted when ever you wanted eventually that would become boring you would want a button labeld suprise.. and here you are.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18329162
United States
11/30/2012 03:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
different people have different "purposes"

we're not all in the same grade so to speak
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5108315
United States
11/30/2012 03:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, every day. Read Nietzsche and get depressed.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28701386
United States
11/30/2012 03:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
The meaning of life is not to live, the meaning of life is to die. But the reason we are put here is to figure out how to really live .. after we die.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15064648
New Zealand
11/30/2012 03:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

Two things I know for certain:

1. To expand your capacity to love

2. To gain wisdom from your experiences

There's no way to tell what happens after death, and it really doesn't matter. Step out of your constantly moving mind and become an observer of it. Live in the present and simply observe the beauty that is happening all around you at every second. There is only now, there will always be now. Live in that moment and create your universe.
 Quoting: tknicker

I could not have put it more elegantly or exactly. I came to this conclusion while in my mid 20s. I was blinded by a flash of inspiration that left me knowing without doubt that the purpose of life was to simply love (unconditionally, as a parent should love their child) and to learn (everything you possibly can!).

Great question to ponder, OP!hf
SpaceCommand

User ID: 1009022
United States
11/30/2012 03:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sometimes life is simply for the living. Who needs too much "window dressing," anyway? That goes for all the "helpful people," trying to do your thinking for you, including me.
"With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony and the deep power of joy, we see into the life of things." William Wordsworth

And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe—the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God.

John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address

Lincoln's economic advisor Henry C. Carey explained the universal issue in his 1851 Harmony of Interests:

"Two systems are before the world.... One looks to pauperism, ignorance, depopulation, and barbarism; the other to increasing wealth, comfort, intelligence, combination of action, and civilization. One looks towards universal war; the other towards universal peace. One is the English system; the other ... the American system, for ... elevating while equalizing the condition of man throughout the world."

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5108315
United States
11/30/2012 03:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Start with Descartes. I did. He shall be your rock on which you build all other knowledge.
Milo Jeeder
User ID: 28700278
United States
12/01/2012 08:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
It has to be more than the ability to question why.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3645124
United Kingdom
12/01/2012 08:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
choice, that is what it all boils down to.

We are bombarded with choices, it is about what we choose I believe, we can choose to be naughty or nice good or bad evil or saintly, or all of the above through various stages.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28799859
United States
12/01/2012 08:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, and I'm pretty sure now that the purpose of life is providing free heathcare and contraception to others.
TheSeventhGate

User ID: 28809310
Ireland
12/01/2012 08:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
eat, fuck, shit, and finally, worm food.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1510490

Baseless rubbish.
The pawns are in place, the stage is set. The question is, are you ready?

Righteous anger and Zeal does not equate to hate,pride or arrogance and are fully justified.

Soon, all the slaves will be released, for the Jubilee approaches.

Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the islands. Isaiah 42:12

And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins. Genesis 35:11 America(Maneesah), Britain(Ephraim) and the Prophesied Common-Wealth(Company of nations)

Saul/Paul, the false Apostle.
[link to www.judaismvschristianity.com]
[link to www.jesuswordsonly.com]

The transplanted Throne of King David to Ireland,Scotland, and England fulfilling Ezekiel 21:25-27 Prophecy.
[link to www.henrymakow.com]
[link to www.giveshare.org]

The "Lost" Ten Tribes of Israel...Found!
[link to stevenmcollins.com]

Proof that the Law of Moses is still in effect.
[link to www.biblegateway.com]
[link to www.biblegateway.com] 777
TheSeventhGate

Ireland
12/01/2012 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
IMO, it is to be reconciled and reunited with our Heavenly Father through his Son Yeshua and obedience to his Holy Law, the Torah so we can inherit eternal life. This is a testing ground, a sorting ground if you will. The wheat will be separated from the chaff. Many are called, few are chosen. It's wonderful and I feel so blessed and privileged for all God has let me experience and learn. God is Great!

Righteous anger and Zeal does not equate to hate,pride or arrogance and are fully justified.

Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the islands. Isaiah 42:12

And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins. Genesis 35:11 America(Maneesah), Britain(Ephraim) and the Prophesied Common-Wealth(Company of nations)

The transplanted Throne of King David to Ireland,Scotland, and England fulfilling Ezekiel 21:25-27 Prophecy.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24760791
Thailand
12/01/2012 08:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
There is no purpose. It just happens. Your mistake is thinking that it must have a purpose to exist.
God Loves ALL

User ID: 24314824
United States
12/01/2012 09:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
IMO, it is to be reconciled and reunited with our Heavenly Father through his Son Yeshua and obedience to his Holy Law, the Torah so we can inherit eternal life. This is a testing ground, a sorting ground if you will. The wheat will be separated from the chaff. Many are called, few are chosen. It's wonderful and I feel so blessed and privileged for all God has let me experience and learn. God is Great!
 Quoting: TheSeventhGate

No that is not the purpose of life. The purpose of life is to grow wisdom. When you post this muck, you are missing the whole point beloved. God doesn't let you experience anything, you, are a son of God create what you wish to experience, or you let the thugs lead you by the nose. So which is it, and what doe you wish to learn and experience in this life?

It is a testing ground, that part is true. FEW CHOSE TO BE CHOSEN. God doesn't choose, YOU CHOSE GOD and to develop yourself to become God LIKE. God is MIND. He is the entire mind of the creation, not a daddy person. You are a fragment of his mind and you are the responsible one to grow yourself or not. Those on the narrow path choose to grow their minds ands heart and purposely search for wisdom.

All MINDS are eternal, you already have eternal life. The sorting at this time is around those who are going to move up and those who are going to move laterally to some other 3d world, because they are immature still.

The thugs will be separated off the planet, but also shall be the immature who are not ready yet for the ascension.

Last Edited by God Loves ALL on 12/01/2012 09:07 AM
The actual Lord's Prayer Given by Jesus 2000 years ago.

"MY SPIRIT, YOU ARE OMNIPOTENT. YOUR NAME IS HOLY. MAY YOUR REALM BE INCARNATE IN ME. MAY YOUR POWER REVEAL ITSELF WITHIN ME, ON EARTH AND IN THE HEAVEN. GIVE ME TODAY MY DAILY BREAD, AND THUS, LET ME RECOGNIZE MY TRANSGRESSIONS AND ERRORS, AND I SHALL RECOGNIZE THE TRUTH. AND DO NOT LEAD ME INTO TEMPTATION AND CONFUSION, BUT DELIVER ME FROM ERROR. FOR YOURS IS THE REALM WITHIN ME AND THE POWER AND THE KNOWLEDGE FOREVER,
AMEN.

Nice video: [link to www.youtube.com] Make this World a Better One

Thread: Walter Russell Quotes Walter Russell thread
God Loves ALL

User ID: 24314824
United States
12/01/2012 09:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
There is no purpose. It just happens. Your mistake is thinking that it must have a purpose to exist.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24760791

you exist. but it's for you to develop YOUR PURPOSE.

Last Edited by God Loves ALL on 12/01/2012 09:07 AM
The actual Lord's Prayer Given by Jesus 2000 years ago.

"MY SPIRIT, YOU ARE OMNIPOTENT. YOUR NAME IS HOLY. MAY YOUR REALM BE INCARNATE IN ME. MAY YOUR POWER REVEAL ITSELF WITHIN ME, ON EARTH AND IN THE HEAVEN. GIVE ME TODAY MY DAILY BREAD, AND THUS, LET ME RECOGNIZE MY TRANSGRESSIONS AND ERRORS, AND I SHALL RECOGNIZE THE TRUTH. AND DO NOT LEAD ME INTO TEMPTATION AND CONFUSION, BUT DELIVER ME FROM ERROR. FOR YOURS IS THE REALM WITHIN ME AND THE POWER AND THE KNOWLEDGE FOREVER,
AMEN.

Nice video: [link to www.youtube.com] Make this World a Better One

Thread: Walter Russell Quotes Walter Russell thread
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24760791
Thailand
12/01/2012 09:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24760791

you exist. but it's for you to develop YOUR PURPOSE.
 Quoting: God Loves ALL

No, I don't exist. Nor do you.
TheSeventhGate

Ireland
12/01/2012 09:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: TheSeventhGate

No that is not the purpose of life. The purpose of life is to grow wisdom. When you post this muck, you are missing the whole point beloved. God doesn't let you experience anything, you, are a son of God create what you wish to experience, or you let the thugs lead you by the nose. So which is it, and what doe you wish to learn and experience in this life?

It is a testing ground, that part is true. FEW CHOSE TO BE CHOSEN. God doesn't choose, YOU CHOSE GOD and to develop yourself to become God LIKE. God is MIND. He is the entire mind of the creation, not a daddy person. You are a fragment of his mind and you are the responsible one to grow yourself or not. Those on the narrow path choose to grow their minds ands heart and purposely search for wisdom.

All MINDS are eternal, you already have eternal life. The sorting at this time is around those who are going to move up and those who are going to move laterally to some other 3d world, because they are immature still.

The thugs will be separated off the planet, but also shall be the immature who are not ready yet for the ascension.
 Quoting: God Loves ALL

We have totally different beliefs Candace. You do know the Urantia book broke the Command of Moses and was written by a false Prophet? In fact, the Author is not even identified so it could have been Satan himself for all we know.

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. Deuteronomy 4:2

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book,” Revelation 22:18, 19.

You have been deceived. Why do you reject the real word of God for new-age nonsense?

GLP