Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,278 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 428,118
Pageviews Today: 715,613Threads Today: 281Posts Today: 4,523
09:28 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

What did Jesus mean in his illustration about being fishers of men when he said: "they collected the fine ones into vessels"?

DGN
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 27870140
United States
11/23/2012 11:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
What did Jesus mean in his illustration about being fishers of men when he said: "they collected the fine ones into vessels"?
"“Again the kingdom of the heavens is like a dragnet let down into the sea and gathering up [fish] of every kind. 48 When it got full they hauled it up onto the beach and, sitting down, they collected the fine ones into vessels, but the unsuitable they threw away. 49 That is how it will be in the conclusion of the system of things: the angels will go out and separate the wicked from among the righteous 50 and will cast them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be.
51 “Did YOU get the sense of all these things?” Mt13:47
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2426721
United States
11/24/2012 12:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: What did Jesus mean in his illustration about being fishers of men when he said: "they collected the fine ones into vessels"?
Hello again DGN -

Anyone reading, please understand that the watchtower bible and tract society and their followers, Jehovah Witnesses comprise a bona fide cult! It is an organization that *CANNOT* save! CRI or Christian Research Institue has a lot of information that will help you to understand what this organization is all about – check it out here:

[link to www.equip.org]

I post becasue as Christians we are supposed to be ready at all times to give a defense of the faith:

Php_1:7 even as it is righteous for me to think this of you all, because you have me in your heart, inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you are all partakers of my grace.

Praise and Glory to The Most High God, The King of kings and Lord of lords, Jesus Christ!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/24/2012 12:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: What did Jesus mean in his illustration about being fishers of men when he said: "they collected the fine ones into vessels"?
Btw DGN - I replied on your last thread "What did Jesus give thanks for?" Will you answer?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25765527
United States
11/24/2012 12:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
I tell you..I saw when i was 26... the knashing of the teeth of a demon..feth the falling into the blackness with lightning bolts..heard the screaming of high to low...felt the torment..this happened for 3 nights..

PLEASE OLORD IF IT BE POSSABLE IN THE TWINKING OF AN EYE CHANGE ALL FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF ALL...

FOR THOU ART GOD..NOTHING IS IMPOSABLE WITH THEE.
Semper Fi
User ID: 6875630
United States
11/24/2012 12:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Being fishers of men means bringing people to Christ. Laying the seed of the Gospel. People who say the prayer of salvation are the fishes. Those who bring people to GOD are the fishermen. The fishes who are thrown away are those that accepted Christ but did not walk through the narrow path. Those who came to God but did not have a relationship with him. which is why people will say I did this in your name and that in your name but at the end he will away from i never knew you.
Semper Fi
User ID: 6875630
United States
11/24/2012 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Also those that refused to come to Christ Jesus. And all sinners who do not receive his gift of salvation are included as the fish that will be thrown out.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/24/2012 12:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Being fishers of men means bringing people to Christ. Laying the seed of the Gospel. People who say the prayer of salvation are the fishes. Those who bring people to GOD are the fishermen. The fishes who are thrown away are those that accepted Christ but did not walk through the narrow path. Those who came to God but did not have a relationship with him. which is why people will say I did this in your name and that in your name but at the end he will away from i never knew you.
 Quoting: Semper Fi 6875630

Amen brother!

Btw...Thank You for serving!
MHz

User ID: 25505891
Canada
11/24/2012 09:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
It means all of mankind will be 'gathered' and a sorting process will take place, the elect will be alive starting 1,000 years before the Great White Throne which is when 'the rest' will be resurrected and become more or less equals. The first group will call New Jerusalem home (live inside) and 'the rest' will make their homes outside the cities walls.
MHz

Canada
11/24/2012 09:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Also those that refused to come to Christ Jesus. And all sinners who do not receive his gift of salvation are included as the fish that will be thrown out.

Not really, their time of being gathered is delayed, all of Isa:65 is about the 2nd group and that same group (the rest) are the ones being chastised in Hebrews 12 so they do have a date with salvation rather than being 'thrown out'.
Mi'Kmaq

User ID: 937235
Puerto Rico
11/24/2012 09:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
"“Again the kingdom of the heavens is like a dragnet let down into the sea and gathering up [fish] of every kind. 48 When it got full they hauled it up onto the beach and, sitting down, they collected the fine ones into vessels, but the unsuitable they threw away. 49 That is how it will be in the conclusion of the system of things: the angels will go out and separate the wicked from among the righteous 50 and will cast them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be.
 Quoting: DGN

see my thread "I like this" those fish were the ones sealed in Luminous water with 5 Seals.................sheep
DGN  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 01:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

Not really, their time of being gathered is delayed, all of Isa:65 is about the 2nd group and that same group (the rest) are the ones being chastised in Hebrews 12 so they do have a date with salvation rather than being 'thrown out'.
 Quoting: MHz

"In further reply Jesus again spoke to them with illustrations, saying: 2 “The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man, a king, that made a marriage feast for his son. 3 And he sent forth his slaves to call those invited to the marriage feast, but they were unwilling to come. 4 Again he sent forth other slaves, saying, ‘Tell those invited: “Look! I have prepared my dinner, my bulls and fattened animals are slaughtered, and all things are ready. Come to the marriage feast.”’ 5 But unconcerned they went off, one to his own field, another to his commercial business; 6 but the rest, laying hold of his slaves, treated them insolently and killed them.
7 “But the king grew wrathful, and sent his armies and destroyed those murderers and burned their city. 8 Then he said to his slaves, ‘The marriage feast indeed is ready, but those invited were not worthy. 9 Therefore go to the roads leading out of the city, and anyone YOU find invite to the marriage feast.’ 10 Accordingly those slaves went out to the roads and gathered together all they found, both wicked and good; and the room for the wedding ceremonies was filled with those reclining at the table.
11 “When the king came in to inspect the guests he caught sight there of a man not clothed with a marriage garment. 12 So he said to him, ‘Fellow, how did you get in here not having on a marriage garment?’ He was rendered speechless. 13 Then the king said to his servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot and throw him out into the darkness outside. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.’
14 “For there are many invited, but few chosen.” Mt22:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17236772
United States
11/24/2012 01:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nothing he is not real.
DGN  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 01:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nothing he is not real.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17236772

Why does the whole world use calendars dating back to an imaginary man?
God Loves ALL

User ID: 27800314
United States
11/24/2012 01:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

there is no fiery furnace. but there will be those uncreated, this is the time of the separation, the 3 Days of Darkness is the judgement event, and the thugs will be removed.
The actual Lord's Prayer Given by Jesus 2000 years ago.

"MY SPIRIT, YOU ARE OMNIPOTENT. YOUR NAME IS HOLY. MAY YOUR REALM BE INCARNATE IN ME. MAY YOUR POWER REVEAL ITSELF WITHIN ME, ON EARTH AND IN THE HEAVEN. GIVE ME TODAY MY DAILY BREAD, AND THUS, LET ME RECOGNIZE MY TRANSGRESSIONS AND ERRORS, AND I SHALL RECOGNIZE THE TRUTH. AND DO NOT LEAD ME INTO TEMPTATION AND CONFUSION, BUT DELIVER ME FROM ERROR. FOR YOURS IS THE REALM WITHIN ME AND THE POWER AND THE KNOWLEDGE FOREVER,
AMEN.

Nice video: [link to www.youtube.com] Make this World a Better One

Thread: Walter Russell Quotes Walter Russell thread
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17236772
United States
11/24/2012 01:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nothing he is not real.

Because they are stupid of a level they don't understand. But wait someone told you in school / church it's real so go on what's the word you people use because it's fake that's right we believe. Will more people believe in star wars then God with the way you think that makes yoda real and we all need to follow him! Because he will teach us the way.

But you keep telling people to give power away to something you are "told" is real. Just put some at the door on the way out
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21689021
United Kingdom
11/24/2012 01:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nothing he is not real.

Because you fruits got hold of the education system during the dark ages and forced it upon us. Why are the days and months named after non-christian gods?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20241035
United States
11/24/2012 01:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Notice what Jesus did on the Sabbath - the parables mention Him raising up a sheep or son from out of the pit. One had a whithered HAND.

WHERE was He when these occurred?

In a synagogue and another time "eating" at the house of a prominent Pharisee.....

He lifted them OUT of these places....and they were healed.

Follow "ME"....
Manhunt w/ Shark Meet
User ID: 1351603
United States
11/24/2012 01:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
The nonexistent Jesus assures you that if yew are very special and enemy nuclear submarine will hunt you personally.

Q. Didn't that used to be a role playing game in paper format?

A. Why yes Virginia it did!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28269905
United States
11/24/2012 01:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
dont worry hes done gathering the fine fish

the rest is us we will all see fire

thats what it means

have a good life!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28383571
Denmark
11/24/2012 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Angel fire
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28383571
Denmark
11/24/2012 02:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
And then peace
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1705024
United States
11/24/2012 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
The story is a rewrite, taken from Jksephus' history of the start of Titus's campaign, when he sunk the Gallalean fleet and "fished for men" out of the water. The "fine ones" refers to those that were still alive.

All of the stories of Jesus in the NT were taken from the history of Titus who, by the way, was known at the time as "the son of God", as his father, Vespasian, was emporer and God of the Roman Empire.
justmeoneofmany
User ID: 1305840
United States
11/24/2012 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

At the Revealing when the messengers come down
The chosen are taken since birth for this day and hour
They are thrown into the void...
When the sky's turn red we shall be revealed
Many will walk into the new kingdom and many will be thrown into the void
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28393709
South Korea
11/24/2012 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
The field is the world.

The good seed are the children of the kingdom.

The weeds are the children of the evil one,

The harvest is the end of the age.

The reapers are angels.

Just as the weeds are collected and burned up with fire.

so will it be at the end of the age.

“The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

I believe one reason Jesus spake in parables?

Psychopaths, and Sociopaths have difficulty understanding parables due to the ingerent congenital defect in their Reptile-Like functioning Minds.
DGN  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 09:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nothing he is not real.

Because they are stupid of a level they don't understand. But wait someone told you in school / church it's real so go on what's the word you people use because it's fake that's right we believe. Will more people believe in star wars then God with the way you think that makes yoda real and we all need to follow him! Because he will teach us the way.

But you keep telling people to give power away to something you are "told" is real. Just put some at the door on the way out

I rate Yoda to be an excellent teacher.

MHz

Canada
11/24/2012 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
14 “For there are many invited, but few chosen.” Mt22:1

The marriage supper is for the people that are invited to be alive for the 1,000 year reign.

Re:19:6:
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude,
and as the voice of many waters,
and as the voice of mighty thunderings,
saying,
Alleluia:
for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Re:19:7:
Let us be glad and rejoice,
and give honour to him:
for the marriage of the Lamb is come,
and his wife hath made herself ready.
Re:19:8:
And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen,
clean and white:
for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Re:19:9:
And he saith unto me,
Write,
Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb.
And he saith unto me,
These are the true sayings of God.

For the record the 'wife' is Mary of Bethany, aka Beloved Disciple, aka Disciple of John the Baptist. The ones invited to the celebration are the ones that are alive for the 1,000 years (Re:20:4) and the ones left out in the darkness (death) are brought in by God at the Great White Throne event. (Isa:65 describes why they will not be part of the ones spared from the sword but it also shows them living in the new earth building houses) The ones alive for the 1,000 years will call New Jerusalem home and it comes ready to move in.

The ones missing from the 1,000 years will be a much bigger number than the ones that will be alive when you count all of mankind as being the whole number.

Isa:54:1:
Sing,
O barren,
thou that didst not bear;
break forth into singing,
and cry aloud,
thou that didst not travail with child:
for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife,
saith the LORD.

Last Edited by MHz on 11/24/2012 09:21 PM

GLP