Man charged for producing household electricity

Frater

User ID: 28363777
United States
11/24/2012 05:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Man charged for producing household electricity
I would say he probably figured out some overunity device and TPTB, well, they just can't have that.

Frater
LVX!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19776300
United States
11/24/2012 05:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
You can't make electricity with a transformer.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28378701
Australia
11/24/2012 05:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
I would say he probably figured out some overunity device and TPTB, well, they just can't have that.

Frater
 Quoting: Frater

Then how come he needed petrol? putin
Nikola Tesla

User ID: 18230284
United States
11/24/2012 05:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.bbc.co.uk]

A Dundee man has been accused of "recklessly producing household electricity" with a bizarre home-made transformer.

Charles McKenzie is alleged to have rigged up a "dangerous transformer assembly" at his flat in Dundee's Dudhope Court to generate power.

Mr McKenzie, 55, was not at Dundee Sheriff Court to face the charge of culpable and reckless conduct.

Sheriff George Way continued the case without plea for three weeks.

Suspended generator

The charge alleges Mr McKenzie "culpably and recklessly" produced electricity "with total disregard for the safety of yourself and others".

WTF!
 Quoting: MADBOB 27965795

Well MadBob, this is indeed interesting. I am wondering what he was doing that was reckless? Given my screen name and avatar, I would be in deep doo doo if I was charged with a crime by the authorities, for every joule or watt of electricity that I have created!

Nikola Tesla

"One person with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

"You’ve heard that we are what we eat. But we also are what we think".

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
-William F. Buckley Jr.
Sungaze_At_Dawn

User ID: 1458670
Canada
11/24/2012 05:41 PM

Report Abusive Post
Bump.

Any who can should safely, with care, start producing their own energy and help those who cant, shut ins, etc. That to me is what middle age to elderly electronics,mechanics, and trades people, with garages and tools SHOULD BE DOING FOR THEIR NEIGHBORS PLUS TEACHING TEENAGERS.

It takes TEAMWORK!
The Devil tries to convince everyone he doesn't exist.
The state tries to convince everyone they cannot resist.
Do not go quietly into the good night. Rage Rage against the dying light!
Blitz the storm-striker

User ID: 28163870
Canada
11/24/2012 05:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.bbc.co.uk]

A Dundee man has been accused of "recklessly producing household electricity" with a bizarre home-made transformer.

Charles McKenzie is alleged to have rigged up a "dangerous transformer assembly" at his flat in Dundee's Dudhope Court to generate power.

Mr McKenzie, 55, was not at Dundee Sheriff Court to face the charge of culpable and reckless conduct.

Suspended generator

The charge alleges Mr McKenzie "culpably and recklessly" produced electricity "with total disregard for the safety of yourself and others".

WTF!

Well MadBob, this is indeed interesting. I am wondering what he was doing that was reckless? Given my screen name and avatar, I would be in deep doo doo if I was charged with a crime by the authorities, for every joule or watt of electricity that I have created!

Nikola Tesla

Quoting: Nikola Tesla

in a coorupted world Inovation is a sin!

Last Edited by Blitz the storm-striker on 11/24/2012 05:57 PM
To live is to believe in the power of dreams! To dream is to believe in the power of love! To love is to Know the truth!
The Desire to Be fuel the belief that you Are which ignite the Will to Become which bring back forth the desire to be...
Let it be-come you! It means Stop seeking your higher self! It is seeking you! Stand still in your mind to calm the waters of your mind and then it shall find you, so you can ride those waves together!
your true self lies somewhere between your heart and your consciousness. It is called the heart consciousness,which is the creator, which is you!
The heart create the emotions and our mind evoke its purpose, from which we dream the life we live in order to imagine the nature of reality and finally remember love!

The highest Purpose of our mind is the ability to Forget! Go on and Forgive yourself!
There is no love in truth but there is truth in love!
Be authentic, nobody else can do it for you!
Lillith
User ID: 15389369
United States
11/24/2012 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
This man wasn't charged for "producing household electricity."

He was charged for playing crazy mad-scientist in an apartment building full of other people who very easily could have been killed (along with him) by his insane contraption hooked up to metals cans full of petrol.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24509779
United States
11/24/2012 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
TPTB are just setting it up so self generation of hydrogen fuel and hydrogen fuel cells will be to dangerous for public safety.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27916924
United States
11/24/2012 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cans of gas in a high rise is never safe.explosion
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25952351
Netherlands
11/24/2012 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
It will propably be last thing we will hear about this case......
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27097276
United States
11/24/2012 06:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
solar cells or Tesla type generators are one thing but if you are using a store bought gasoline powered generator indoors......well putin
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15481119
Poland
11/24/2012 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
It will propably be last thing we will hear about this case......
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25952351

Chic bides just doon the road fae me.

I will ask him Monday morning in the Queen Anne Bar.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6704247
United States
11/24/2012 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28049243
United States
11/24/2012 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.bbc.co.uk]

Suspended generator

WTF!

How many amps did they charge him with??
IRQ_1

User ID: 24600584
United States
11/24/2012 06:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.bbc.co.uk]

Suspended generator

WTF!

How many amps did they charge him with??
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28049243

rimshot
Jack of all trades master of none
"shall not be infringed."
BLUE RIBBON AWARNESS FOR MENS' HEALTH
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. --ISAAC ASIMOV
I never 'Ad hominem' I don't need to.
The Constitution means everything or nothing. You can't have both.
Blue Skies

User ID: 19168576
United States
11/24/2012 06:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
"There was a car battery and cans of petrol nearby."

ahhh
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26991073

I'm surprised he didn't blow up his apartment.

kks102
:kitten on fence:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1306067
United States
11/24/2012 07:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah he should be charged. This guy is an idiot that thinks he knows more than he actually does. He's not monitored or regulated for safety. Next thing you know the dudes house explodes and kills people.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22151483

You have never changed the oil in your car by yourself, have you?

You have never replaced a shingle on the roof of your house either.

You pay another man to unclog the pipe under the sink.

You get confused with the instructions that come with a 'Student Desk' in a box.

Your 'Tool Box' consists of a couple of mismatched screw drivers, a shitty pair of pliers, and a cresent wrench whose 'little wheel' is permanently stuck. All these items are in the junk drawer of your kitchen.

I hate guys like you.

Have a nice day anyway...............
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28131879
United States
11/24/2012 07:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
You can't make electricity with a transformer.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19776300

He might have been using an inverter. The "journalists" will never figure out the difference between the two.

He probably had a small generator to charge a battery, and an inverter to run things(lower load) most of the time. The idea was reasonable, but not Tesla level, and the only real problem was that it was too dangerous to use in a high rise. It would be quite safe in a detached garage(properly vented).

I fail to see how you can be charged criminally for being a danger to yourself!
Bluebird

User ID: 27748381
United States
11/24/2012 08:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.bbc.co.uk]

Suspended generator

WTF!

It looks like an apartment building. I don't care what kind of generator you've made, but hooking it up to an existing system with blatant disregard to the safety of others, this guy deserves to get fucked in the ass. In the US, you can get charged for attempted murder for doing this.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24957083

They never said he hooked it to any existing circuits, and if he had I'm sure they would have said so ! But solar generators are made to hook up to the grid ! The law hear is they have to pay you for the power you push back into the grid ! You also must get a meter that runs backwards and forwards ! If the guy was smart enough to build a coil that produced electricity , he was probably a lot smarter than the person who charged him !!
 Quoting: wing-ed

That's what I was wondering about--if he could have pushed current back into the system endangering linesmen and so forth.

Agree, he certainly seems smart enough. They should hire him instead of arresting him.
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Oh yeah, like you'd understand anyway.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J. Handy

GLP