Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,558 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 315,243
Pageviews Today: 514,711Threads Today: 172Posts Today: 2,994
07:18 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

FISH FRY from FUKU? Epidemic occurring with coral, fish, turtles in Hawaii...USGS alarmed

RadChick
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 26169464
United States
11/24/2012 02:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
FISH FRY from FUKU? Epidemic occurring with coral, fish, turtles in Hawaii...USGS alarmed
Rapidly-spreading disease in Hawaii coral — New strain of cyanobacteria blamed — Fish with lesions, turtles having problems — Big concern whether infectious to humans —“Truly an unusual event”...
A report by the U.S. Geological Survey finds that an outbreak of coral disease along Kauai’s North Shore is an epidemic.

Dr. Thierry Work [...] said the disease is rapidly spreading. A report released Wednesday said microscopic changes in tissue suggest the corals are under some type of stress.

Another big concern is whether this new strain of cyanobacteria is infectious to humans and marine life. Work says he and other scientists involved in the ongoing study have spotted puffer fish with skin discoloration and unusual lesions on their fins. [...]

The bottom line, according to Work, is that Kaua‘i’s reefs are heavily degraded and infected with a rapidly-spreading white coral disease unlike any seen here before.

Read more @ [link to enenews.com]
Founder of Nuked Radio

Thread: MAYDAY: The Wigner Effect

”To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
~Thomas Paine
RadChick  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: FISH FRY from FUKU? Epidemic occurring with coral, fish, turtles in Hawaii...USGS alarmed
Dr. Thierry Work, head of Infectious Disease for USGS

“Given the scale of the event, the large numbers of corals affected, and the consistent preponderance of a few agents (cyanobacteria and fungi) associated with gross lesions that look similar in both Makua (Tunnels Beach) and ‘Anini, this outbreak would have to qualify as an epidemic”

“I have never seen a cyanobacterial disease like this killing corals to this degree in Hawaii”

“This is truly an unusual event”

“Right now I have no evidence that there’s any relationship between the coral disease and what’s happening to the turtles and fish”

“We’re going to try to come out next week to look at the fish, to see what’s causing the lesions”

Founder of Nuked Radio

”To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
~Thomas Paine
Duvet
User ID: 1351603
United States
11/24/2012 02:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: FISH FRY from FUKU? Epidemic occurring with coral, fish, turtles in Hawaii...USGS alarmed
Throw one of Imelda Marcus' shoes at Japan.

Banco Citizeno.
THE INQUISADOR

User ID: 27677169
United States
11/24/2012 02:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Rapidly-spreading disease in Hawaii coral — New strain of cyanobacteria blamed — Fish with lesions, turtles having problems — Big concern whether infectious to humans —“Truly an unusual event”...
A report by the U.S. Geological Survey finds that an outbreak of coral disease along Kauai’s North Shore is an epidemic.

Dr. Thierry Work [...] said the disease is rapidly spreading. A report released Wednesday said microscopic changes in tissue suggest the corals are under some type of stress.

Another big concern is whether this new strain of cyanobacteria is infectious to humans and marine life. Work says he and other scientists involved in the ongoing study have spotted puffer fish with skin discoloration and unusual lesions on their fins. [...]

The bottom line, according to Work, is that Kaua‘i’s reefs are heavily degraded and infected with a rapidly-spreading white coral disease unlike any seen here before.

Read more @ [link to enenews.com]
 Quoting: RadChick

OH NO..zombies
:nose23l36:
SCOTLAND FOREVER
America is the Grand Experiment..Let us not Fail..
Listed Number 1 in the Guinness World Record Book of EXTRA LARGE Steel Balls
Opinions are like Farts..Only the very best linger on and on
Great Men wake up to slay spam tards. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave.LIVE FREE.
Murphy is my patron Saint.
I SIGN MY NEG KARMA
RadChick  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 02:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
From April 7th, 2012:

USGS issues announcement about polar bears with oozing sores, hair loss in Alaska — Gov’t testing for radiation — 3 of 4 captured yesterday affected — Similar symptoms as recent mystery seal deaths

We have never been told the outcome of the testing of the seals and polar bears...USGS confirmed there was radiation present but at this point they had not done individual isotopic testing.

[link to enenews.com]
Founder of Nuked Radio

~Thomas Paine
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28384053
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
That is such sad news typical of man to fuck things up yet again. We will never ever learn man is self first self second and anything left over self again we are the parasite on this planet .
~Spaze*Man~

User ID: 28391839
United States

Report Abusive Post
Do you think the trash from Fuku has something to do with it?
I am sure there are many reasons. Seems like lots of animal life has been suffering lately. When is our turn?
THE INQUISADOR

User ID: 27677169
United States
11/24/2012 02:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am sure there are many reasons. Seems like lots of animal life has been suffering lately. When is our turn?
 Quoting: ~Spaze*Man~

INQ PIN FOR IMPORTANCE
:nose23l36:
SCOTLAND FOREVER
America is the Grand Experiment..Let us not Fail..
Listed Number 1 in the Guinness World Record Book of EXTRA LARGE Steel Balls
Opinions are like Farts..Only the very best linger on and on
Great Men wake up to slay spam tards. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave.LIVE FREE.
Murphy is my patron Saint.
I SIGN MY NEG KARMA
RadChick  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 02:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
From the April 7th article:

Biologists have found Polar Bears in the Beaufort Sea with hair loss and skin lesions. Those are the same symptoms that have sickened ice seals and walruses in the arctic since last summer and led the federal government to declare the incident an unusual mortality event. Scientists are just beginning an investigation into whether polar bears are suffering from the same thing. [...]

So far, the field scientists have found hair loss on nine of the 33 bears they’ve captured. The bears have skin lesions on their head, neck and ears. [...]

Dozens of seals have died from the disease, but no walrus deaths are attributed to it. Scientists don’t know yet if the walrus and seals are suffering from the same thing. Although the veterinary pathologist who has done most of the necropsies on the animals say the lesions look very similar under the microscope.

Founder of Nuked Radio

~Thomas Paine
RadChick  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 02:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

INQ PIN FOR IMPORTANCE
 Quoting: THE INQUISADOR

hfhfhf
Founder of Nuked Radio

~Thomas Paine
RadChick  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 02:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
We are in deep shit if this truly is from Fukushima.

The lesions and cyanobacteria is a very disturbing and likely indication that it is.

As much as I know I can't believe this is happening so fast.

But then again, we have never had an accident like Fukushima.
Founder of Nuked Radio

~Thomas Paine
Krix

User ID: 7462013
United Kingdom
11/24/2012 02:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is so so sad, the human race are a blight on other life on our planet.
Live and let live.
RadChick  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 02:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
From an interview with Michio Kaku June 2012:

"There are ocean currents which don’t mix the nuclear waste evenly, and therefore we have to watch out that tuna may actually concentrate radiation in the tissue. And this is something that we have to look at very carefully, especially in the coming years, especially in the future, as we have to monitor more and more debris washing up on our shores, and perhaps other forms of sea life like kelp and seaweed that also are contaminated by the Fukushima disaster."

[link to enenews.com]
Founder of Nuked Radio

~Thomas Paine
RadChick  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

The trash pile/tsunami debris is actually quite a bit north of there. But Chris Busby had said a few months ago that the ocean water plume had already hit Hawaii a while ago. The contaminated water plume and trash heap are in 2 different ocean current trajectories. The WATER contamination is spreading out in every direction. The trash pile is heading directly for BC and Washington/Oregon/N Cali. Its about 400 miles off the coast at the moment. Ill see if I can find a map.
Founder of Nuked Radio

~Thomas Paine
RadChick  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 02:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012

33,000 tons of debris to land in June

Kyodo

The Environment Ministry projects that 33,000 tons of tsunami debris will reach North America by next June, revising downward its earlier estimates.

After analyzing data including ocean currents and wind direction through June, debris swept away by the March 2011 tsunami was found to be moving at a slower pace across the Pacific than initially thought, the ministry reported Friday. In April, it forecast that 41,300 tons would reach North America by February.

The earlier study only predicted the amount of debris that would reach waters within 10 km of the North American shoreline, but the new calculations provide a more accurate projection by also predicting how many tons are likely to reach the continent's shores.

Around 290 tons are expected to reach North America by December, rising to 3,200 tons by February and 14,000 by April, the latest analysis showed. But the new estimates kept the total amount of debris washed away from the three hardest-hit prefectures -Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima -unchanged at 1.33 million tons.

[link to www.japantimes.co.jp]
Founder of Nuked Radio

~Thomas Paine
RadChick  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here's the most recent article about the debris pile from OregonLive...but keep in mind this debris field is way easier to track than the plume of radioactive water...2 different issues with no precedence for either.

Also, I would trust this guy more than NOAA.
He has been all over this story since day one.

A Seattle oceanographer who has been tracking debris from the Japanese tsunami says a huge debris field, hundreds of miles across, is about 400 miles off the Washington coast.

Retired University of Washington oceanographer Curtis Ebbesmeyer told The Daily Herald it could hit the coast around mid-December, depending on weather and currents.

A spokeswoman for the state Ecology Department is more cautious. Linda Kent says government officials don't know when the debris may wash ashore or how much.

:/

[link to www.oregonlive.com]
Founder of Nuked Radio

~Thomas Paine
SweemZ

User ID: 28252891
United States
11/24/2012 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

The lesions and cyanobacteria is a very disturbing and likely indication that it is.

What else would it be from?

We have also NEVER been told the whole truth about FUKU either.
RadChick  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 02:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: SweemZ

We still don't know the truth about CHERNOBYL!!! And its been 26 years!!!
Founder of Nuked Radio

~Thomas Paine
Waterbug

User ID: 1295673
United States
11/24/2012 02:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Disturbing..
Equally disturbing is that a great deal of the
information concerning nuclear contamination is being withheld.
Also, there is no concerted effort being made to contain this catastrophe.
It is treated as a local issue to Japan..
The truth of the matter is that it is a global issue.
We are being left to swing in the wind on this one...

Unforgivable. Really pisses me off.
SweemZ

United States
11/24/2012 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

We still don't know the truth about CHERNOBYL!!! And its been 26 years!!!

We'll never know the truth.

Add to this, all the oil from the GOM which I'm sure has made its way somehow that way. At the very least that fucked the system up, one way or the other....

Last Edited by FrenchieDad on 11/24/2012 02:42 PM
SkinnyChic

User ID: 28350589
United States
11/24/2012 02:44 PM

Report Abusive Post

My thoughts as well. thanks for the information! hf
closing eyes

User ID: 1620917
United States
11/24/2012 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

^^^^^agreed^^^^^
If you woke up breathing, you have another chance!
RadChick  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't forget about Canada, which closed its "Ocean Contaminents Program" down completely a few months back...WTF?? With all the debris on the way???

Canada is dismantling the nation’s entire ocean contaminants program as part of massive layoffs at the Department of Fisheries and Oceans.

Among the scientists terminated are ones who have conducted landmark research about global pollutants for decades: Peter Ross, who is among the world’s leading experts on marine mammals and contaminants, Gary Stern, a mercury expert whose work focuses on the Arctic, Michel Lebeuf, who studies the highly contaminated St. Lawrence belugas and Michael Ikonomou, who researches flame retardants and other endocrine-disrupting contaminants in salmon and other ocean life.

Ross told EHN that his main concern is the “wholesale axing of pollution research” that will leave Canada, and much of the world, without the scientific knowledge to protect whales, seals, fish and other marine life — as well as the indigenous peoples who rely on them for their traditional foods. Many scientists say the purpose of the move by the Canadian government is not just cost-cutting but to eliminate environmental rules and protect the oil and gas industry.

[link to foodfreedomgroup.com]
Founder of Nuked Radio

~Thomas Paine
SweemZ

United States
11/24/2012 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

The trash pile/tsunami debris is actually quite a bit north of there. But Chris Busby had said a few months ago that the ocean water plume had already hit Hawaii a while ago. The contaminated water plume and trash heap are in 2 different ocean current trajectories. The WATER contamination is spreading out in every direction. The trash pile is heading directly for BC and Washington/Oregon/N Cali. Its about 400 miles off the coast at the moment. Ill see if I can find a map.

I thought it was that close to here a couple months ago. Are "they" holding it back, I wonder.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2512466
United States
11/24/2012 02:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.who.int]
John Nash

User ID: 23642437
United States
11/24/2012 02:50 PM

Report Abusive Post
Good job, OP. Articles like this one is the main reason I come here to visit.
A supply-limited commodity, instantly transferable worldwide, person-to-person, is intrinsically and uniquely valuable.
RadChick  (OP)

United States
11/24/2012 03:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2512466

WHO coverup and rads:

Founder of Nuked Radio

~Thomas Paine
oh_yikes

User ID: 28358913
United States
11/24/2012 03:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
The timing of this disease, along with the scale and unprecedented devastation it is wreaking, seems too coincidental to NOT be tied to Fukushima. They must be related, though we will never be told the truth, nor the entire story.
oh_yikes

User ID: 28358913
United States
11/24/2012 03:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

Last Edited by oh_yikes on 11/24/2012 03:18 PM
Saltyflats

User ID: 24240334
United States
11/24/2012 03:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
fuku
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -Carl Sagan.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18681750
United States
11/24/2012 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am a hairstylist in So. Cal. Just in the last month I have noticed I have some hair loss. I mentioned to a co-worker and she said, she and her mom have just noticed hair loss too!

So we now are starting to hear, or are now paying attention, to many of our women customers saying the same thing.

My thought is Fukushima, but I get laughed at for this view, so I am keeping that part to myself, but I am serious, that this seems to be now showing up in us.

If you live on the west coast, do any of you feel your hair has thinned recently?

MY thinking is it has taken this long to get into us and show subtle effects, and if true, it can only get worse.

GLP