Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,188 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 421,998
Pageviews Today: 704,440Threads Today: 270Posts Today: 4,446
09:22 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Northwest, N. Calif., Braces For More Rain and Snow!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28444930
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Northwest, N. Calif., Braces For More Rain and Snow!!!
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

Pineapple Express directed "atmospheric river" of high precipitable water air to be rained out over N. California. [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Northwest, N. Calif., Braces For More Rain and Snow!!!
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

Wonder how N. California will like 14 inch rainfall totals through 8-days? Bay Area & Sacramento, Valley plenty too [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

Pineapple Express directed "atmospheric river" of high precipitable water air to be rained out over N. California. [link to twitter.com]
 Quoting: Luisport

siren2siren2siren2
God Loves ALL

User ID: 27800314
United States
11/25/2012 12:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
if you are going to post twitter, please supply comments to explain what the shit they are saying
The actual Lord's Prayer Given by Jesus 2000 years ago.

"MY SPIRIT, YOU ARE OMNIPOTENT. YOUR NAME IS HOLY. MAY YOUR REALM BE INCARNATE IN ME. MAY YOUR POWER REVEAL ITSELF WITHIN ME, ON EARTH AND IN THE HEAVEN. GIVE ME TODAY MY DAILY BREAD, AND THUS, LET ME RECOGNIZE MY TRANSGRESSIONS AND ERRORS, AND I SHALL RECOGNIZE THE TRUTH. AND DO NOT LEAD ME INTO TEMPTATION AND CONFUSION, BUT DELIVER ME FROM ERROR. FOR YOURS IS THE REALM WITHIN ME AND THE POWER AND THE KNOWLEDGE FOREVER,
AMEN.

Nice video: [link to www.youtube.com] Make this World a Better One

Thread: Walter Russell Quotes Walter Russell thread
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7335818
United States
11/25/2012 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
I would love for that system to dump rain here in North Texas!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
if you are going to post twitter, please supply comments to explain what the shit they are saying
 Quoting: God Loves ALL

Ryan is saying that north California will get an atmospheric river! 14 inch rainfall totals through 8-days!!! [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.ecmwf.int]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Pineapple Express is a non-technical term for a meteorological phenomenon characterized by a strong and persistent flow of atmospheric moisture and associated with heavy precipitation from the waters adjacent to the Hawaiian Islands and extending to any location along the Pacific coast of North America. A Pineapple Express is an example of an atmospheric river, which is a more general term for such narrow corridors of enhanced water vapor transport at mid-latitudes around the world. Causes and effects:

How the Madden-Julian oscillation can induce a Pineapple Express.
A Pineapple Express is driven by a strong, southern branch of the Polar jetstream and is marked by the presence of a surface frontal boundary which is typically either slow or stationary, with waves of low pressure traveling along its axis. Each of these low pressure systems brings enhanced rainfall.

The conditions are often created by the Madden-Julian oscillation, an equatorial rainfall pattern which feeds its moisture into this pattern. They are also present during an El Niño episode.

The composition of moisture-laden air, atmospheric dynamics, and orographic enhancement resulting from the passage of this air over the mountain ranges of the western coast of North America causes some of the most torrential rains to occur in the region. Pineapple Express systems typically generate heavy snowfall in the mountains and Interior Plateau, which often melts rapidly because of the warming effect of the system. After being drained of their moisture, the tropical air masses reach the inland prairies as a Chinook wind or simply "a Chinook", a term which is also synonymous in the Pacific Northwest with the Pineapple Express.[citation needed]
California, 1952

The San Francisco Bay Area is another locale along the Pacific Coast which is occasionally affected by a Pineapple Express. When it visits, the heavy, persistent rainfall typically causes flooding of local streams as well as urban flooding. In the decades before about 1980, the local term for a Pineapple Express was "Hawaiian Storm".[2] During the second week of January, 1952, a series of "Hawaiian" storms swept into Northern California, causing widespread flooding around the Bay Area.

The same storms brought a blizzard of heavy, wet snow to the Sierra Nevada Mountains, notoriously stranding the streamliner City of San Francisco on January 13. The greatest flooding in Northern California since the 1800s occurred in 1955 as a result of a series of Hawaiian storms, with the greatest damage in the Sacramento Valley around Yuba City.... [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to upload.wikimedia.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21201441
United States
11/25/2012 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow - I'll have to tell my sister - she and her husband are moving up that way and take off tomorrow in their U-Haul for the long trek from San Diego - yikes
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28447986
Canada
11/25/2012 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just California or all parts including BC on the coast...? You guys always leave BC out of stuff. We are after all joined at the hip so to speak and part of the continent.

Freind...!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just California or all parts including BC on the coast...? You guys always leave BC out of stuff. We are after all joined at the hip so to speak and part of the continent.

Freind...!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28447986

i think it's more to north california, but you can see in the map this green and blue corridor [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25882121
United States
11/25/2012 12:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
bonghit
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
bonghit
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25882121

sorry i don't smoke... tounge
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16229202
United States
11/25/2012 12:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
yep....sounds like winter.... the northern cali kind....move along
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16229202

not a regular winter weather, this is a rare extreme weather and long event!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23982575
United States
11/25/2012 12:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16229202

exactly ... every year
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cliff Fiscal

User ID: 10392043
United Kingdom
11/25/2012 01:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Pineapple Express is a non-technical term for a meteorological phenomenon characterized by a strong and persistent flow of atmospheric moisture and associated with heavy precipitation from the waters adjacent to the Hawaiian Islands and extending to any location along the Pacific coast of North America. A Pineapple Express is an example of an atmospheric river, which is a more general term for such narrow corridors of enhanced water vapor transport at mid-latitudes around the world. Causes and effects:

How the Madden-Julian oscillation can induce a Pineapple Express.
A Pineapple Express is driven by a strong, southern branch of the Polar jetstream and is marked by the presence of a surface frontal boundary which is typically either slow or stationary, with waves of low pressure traveling along its axis. Each of these low pressure systems brings enhanced rainfall.

The conditions are often created by the Madden-Julian oscillation, an equatorial rainfall pattern which feeds its moisture into this pattern. They are also present during an El Niño episode.

The composition of moisture-laden air, atmospheric dynamics, and orographic enhancement resulting from the passage of this air over the mountain ranges of the western coast of North America causes some of the most torrential rains to occur in the region. Pineapple Express systems typically generate heavy snowfall in the mountains and Interior Plateau, which often melts rapidly because of the warming effect of the system. After being drained of their moisture, the tropical air masses reach the inland prairies as a Chinook wind or simply "a Chinook", a term which is also synonymous in the Pacific Northwest with the Pineapple Express.[citation needed]
California, 1952

The San Francisco Bay Area is another locale along the Pacific Coast which is occasionally affected by a Pineapple Express. When it visits, the heavy, persistent rainfall typically causes flooding of local streams as well as urban flooding. In the decades before about 1980, the local term for a Pineapple Express was "Hawaiian Storm".[2] During the second week of January, 1952, a series of "Hawaiian" storms swept into Northern California, causing widespread flooding around the Bay Area.

The same storms brought a blizzard of heavy, wet snow to the Sierra Nevada Mountains, notoriously stranding the streamliner City of San Francisco on January 13. The greatest flooding in Northern California since the 1800s occurred in 1955 as a result of a series of Hawaiian storms, with the greatest damage in the Sacramento Valley around Yuba City.... [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Pineapple Express is a film/movie and a strain of weed.stoner
Be the God, we are all God. Universal peace and light.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
well... it's the name of this kind of event too... afro
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21201441
United States
11/25/2012 01:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just checked The Weather Channel - 7 straight days of rain, right about the time they arrive to unload their moving van - bummer - at least I was able to warn them - thanks

sweat
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 01:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just checked The Weather Channel - 7 straight days of rain, right about the time they arrive to unload their moving van - bummer - at least I was able to warn them - thanks

sweat
 Quoting: Geo777

hf
Hardwired

User ID: 27975700
United States
11/25/2012 01:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is staying warmer up here near the border than is usual. Lots of rain. Usually, Thanksgiving has snow. This year we've only had one snowfall at Veterans Day. No more in the forecast. Just more rain.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 01:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is staying warmer up here near the border than is usual. Lots of rain. Usually, Thanksgiving has snow. This year we've only had one snowfall at Veterans Day. No more in the forecast. Just more rain.
 Quoting: Hardwired

yes, rain and more rain... this is the atmospheric river pathern... but north California will have much more rain
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28447986
Canada
11/25/2012 01:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Freind...!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28447986

i think it's more to north california, but you can see in the map this green and blue corridor [link to twitter.com]

Thankyou. You always put up good posts. One of the few whom do. Cheers...!

On the rare and weird note. Two nights ago I'm in my barn nailing boards and it gets really cold all of a sudden. Then a 5 minute hail storm ensues. Marble sized. Me and the horses run for the barn. Then the wind just shifts from one direction to the other and it warms back up. Like warm feel it on your face warm. Wind from north west to south west just like that. It was really weird to say the least. Stayed fairly warmish all night and melty. All its been doing is raining. I live in a mountain pass and should have a foot of snow by now. Nothing. Wet and Muddy. Just like spring weather but worse. Last week it poured on and off for days. South Western BC.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28260014
United States
11/25/2012 01:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live outside Sacramento. Here is a weather alert just posted this morning that confirms.

[link to www.weather.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
11/25/2012 01:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live outside Sacramento. Here is a weather alert just posted this morning that confirms.

[link to www.weather.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28260014

Thank you so much!!! You have to be prepared!!!hf

GLP