Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,932 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,015,652
Pageviews Today: 1,855,821Threads Today: 610Posts Today: 13,661
06:05 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Northwest, N. Calif., Braces For More Rain and Snow!!!

tarfonwxx

User ID: 28221753
United States
11/28/2012 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Northwest, N. Calif., Braces For More Rain and Snow!!!
@PGE4Me crews working to restore power on Peralta in Pacifica, should have lights back in 90 mins or so.
Omniscient1

User ID: 25801142
United States
11/28/2012 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wind speed is picking up quite abit in So Oregon no rain yet.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27229787
United States
11/28/2012 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Gee, wonder why they call it an ARKstorm

hmmm, what are they trying to tell us?
letsgetnihilistic

User ID: 26617053
United States
11/28/2012 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't think I've ever seen so many shills in one thread.
 Quoting: letsgetnihilistic

and this is only begining, 6 days more ahead of us!peace
 Quoting: Luisport

Not you guys!
"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."-George Carlin

"Freedom, baby...is never having to say you're sorry."-The Devil's Advocate

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."-George Orwell

"If I shall exist eternally, how shall I exist tomorrow?"-Franz Kafka
Mickeyblue
User ID: 9806228
United States
11/28/2012 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am a fourth generation Californian and older than dirt and this is not normal rainfall as is being described for northern California. Yes, 1997, 1995, 1986, 1983, 1977/78, 1964, 1958(spring),1955 (pilots said it looked as if they were flying over the ocean regarding the Sacramento Valley(very large valley), and 1951. Really heavy rainy seasons. Major flooding. So, while it is not normal, it has occured.

That's as far back as I can recall.

The average rainfall for Sacramento is 18.52inches. If we get the 9 to 12 inches of rain that 'they' say we might in this week that is huge.

I live up the hill from there and wse average a little over 36inches per year so we will see what happens???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20053617
United States
11/28/2012 11:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Gee, wonder why they call it an ARKstorm

hmmm, what are they trying to tell us?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27229787

An ARkStorm (for Atmospheric River 1000 Storm) is a hypothetical but scientifically realistic "superstorm" scenario developed and published by the United States Geological Survey, Multi Hazards Demonstration Project (MHDP). It describes an extreme storm that may impact much of California causing up to $725 billion in damages and repair (most caused by flooding), and affect a quarter of California's homes. The event would be similar to intense California storms which occurred in 1861 and 1862.[1] The name "ARkStorm" means "Atmospheric River (AR) 1000 (k)." The name was created as a way of quantifying the magnitude of west coast storms. It also meant to be drawn as a parallel to the biblical Noah's Ark story.

source: [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28170526
United States
11/28/2012 11:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am a fourth generation Californian and older than dirt and this is not normal rainfall as is being described for northern California. Yes, 1997, 1995, 1986, 1983, 1977/78, 1964, 1958(spring),1955 (pilots said it looked as if they were flying over the ocean regarding the Sacramento Valley(very large valley), and 1951. Really heavy rainy seasons. Major flooding. So, while it is not normal, it has occured.

That's as far back as I can recall.

The average rainfall for Sacramento is 18.52inches. If we get the 9 to 12 inches of rain that 'they' say we might in this week that is huge.

I live up the hill from there and wse average a little over 36inches per year so we will see what happens???
 Quoting: Mickeyblue 9806228

Mickey if you live here than you also remember the big wind and rain storm a few years ago that came through the valley and ripped trees out of the ground, downed power lines, flooded most of Sac and Lodi to Modesto area...and that storm was way worse than what we have now...
California Jessers

User ID: 24515302
United States
11/28/2012 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
quiet and no wind or rain this morning in SF, time to go to work...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1349432

No doubt...Nothing in San Jose yet...I want rain :(

I've lived here 35 years. Getting 10 to 20 inches of rain with high winds over several days is not unusual.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28637798

You're full of shit!! I've lived here almost 25 years and it's not normal although I haven't seen it yet.
 Quoting: California Jessers

You live in San Jose 2 hours south of where this is effecting....besides you never see the rainfall we get here in between Sac and Turlock...another falsehood statement. If the poster lives close to where I live than they are correct we see this every year nothing special.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28170526

I used to live in Rocklin and NEVER saw what they're saying
Love looks forward, hate looks back, anxiety has eyes all over its head.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7631061
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 11:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
tarfonwxx

United States
11/28/2012 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wednesday November 28 2012, 16:37:15 UTC 5 minutes ago Northern California 2.5 depth 0.6
tarfonwxx

United States
11/28/2012 11:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
@KTVU Flooding reported in Marin County on NB I-101 at the Sir Frances Drake Blvd off ramp.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 11:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
quiet and no wind or rain this morning in SF, time to go to work...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1349432

I've lived here 35 years. Getting 10 to 20 inches of rain with high winds over several days is not unusual.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28637798

You're full of shit!! I've lived here almost 25 years and it's not normal although I haven't seen it yet.

You live in San Jose 2 hours south of where this is effecting....besides you never see the rainfall we get here in between Sac and Turlock...another falsehood statement. If the poster lives close to where I live than they are correct we see this every year nothing special.

Rocklin is not anywhere near the valley..just sayin lol you are at least an hour NE in the hills going into the Mountains...
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 11:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
@KTVU Flooding reported in Marin County on NB I-101 at the Sir Frances Drake Blvd off ramp.
 Quoting: tarfonwxx

Yes right next to the canal...pick a new DOOM spot will yah.
Juliebean

User ID: 2307588
United States
11/28/2012 11:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
It would take at least 4 to 5 weeks of these storms to really do anything...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25628475

Do you actually live in California? I do and just a couple days of rain can cause mud slides. Where I live I'm worried about rock slides closing down the roads. Trust me, this storm is bad news for people who live in the coastal mountain and forest ranges.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22093951

I'm expecting to lose power. Very few other local hazards here, we are 50 feet or more above the creek, and this land is stable.
 Quoting: Fred 21515285

Sounds like you may be in my old neighborhood up 'on the hill'' I was in Boulder Creek. I recall some 7" to 15 " storms. Good days to crank up the pellet stove and sleep and read :)
IssueX

User ID: 14348632
United States
11/28/2012 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

I hope everyone in the storm's path stays safe

remember what happened just recently in NJ NY, and if water is rising quickly near you, don't wait to move to higher ground for a day or two

it is shocking how fast water can rise

and if nothing else, move your car to higher ground. It really sucks to be without wheels for a while, and dealing with insurance companies is a PITA

quite a few guys in my trading group live in northern NJ and even if they were safe, quite a few lost cars when storm drains backed up and water flooded underground car parks

Last Edited by IssueX on 11/28/2012 11:53 AM
letsgetnihilistic

United States
11/28/2012 11:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes right next to the canal...pick a new DOOM spot will yah.

shill
"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."-George Carlin

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."-George Orwell

tarfonwxx

United States
11/28/2012 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
@PGE4Me now reporting numerous small outages all over Bay Area. Wind gusts: 33 MPH Oak airport, 59 MPH Mt Diablo, 32 MPH SFO
Mwalk
Low Earth Orbit

User ID: 1067150
United States
11/28/2012 11:57 AM

Report Abusive Post

My best friend went to Yosemite post storm to help repair damages done to buildings, we remember this year well.

Last Edited by M*walk on 11/28/2012 11:59 AM
“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
California Jessers

User ID: 24515302
United States
11/28/2012 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

Rocklin is not anywhere near the valley..just sayin lol you are at least an hour NE in the hills going into the Mountains...

Are you saying the 20 mile difference would really make that kind of difference???
Love looks forward, hate looks back, anxiety has eyes all over its head.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

I hope everyone in the storm's path stays safe

remember what happened just recently in NJ NY, and if water is rising quickly near you, don't wait to move to higher ground for a day or two

it is shocking how fast water can rise

and if nothing else, move your car to higher ground. It really sucks to be without wheels for a while, and dealing with insurance companies is a PITA

quite a few guys in my trading group live in northern NJ and even if they were safe, quite a few lost cars when storm drains backed up and water flooded underground car parks

Quoting: IssueX

That video just goes to show you how retarded human beings are in this world...notice they could have moved their cars long before they were all washed down stream...
cmoG530

User ID: 28589873
United States
11/28/2012 12:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
People you are being warned, in advance, that a potential disaster is in the making! You should be getting ready for this whether you believe in it or not!
 Quoting: Old Coot

Then people will blame the government, when they get screwed.yeahsure
1 Timothy 3:16 KJV
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Mark 16:16 KJV
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Acts 2:38 KJV
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Romans 8:6-9 KJV
6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Matthew 15:8-9 KJV
8) This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Acts 5:29 KJV
Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

"The biggest sign from God, to let us all know that man can never be God? Death." - Anonymous
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 12:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Are you saying the 20 mile difference would really make that kind of difference???

NO! Not at all but, the ALTITUDE!!! might lol....
tarfonwxx

United States
11/28/2012 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Watches and Warnings: What to do

[link to www.calema.ca.gov]
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 12:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

My best friend went to Yosemite post storm to help repair damages done to buildings, we remember this year well.
 Quoting: Mwalk

Now that was a real storm to worry about for this area...nice find.. maybe that will shut these DOOMTARDS up. This storm is nothing like the one that took place in 1997. Had to get the boats out during that one...
tarfonwxx

United States
11/28/2012 12:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
@NWSBayArea #Venado still running the highest for 6 hours with 1.04". Lake Sonoma with 1.01" for 6 hours.

1 inch, 6 hours
if this keeps up.. with 3 more storms heading in..
4 inches, 24 hrs
5 days..
20 inches?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22093951
United States
11/28/2012 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes “THE SKY IS FALLING!” “THE SKY IS FALLING!!” lmao the majority of you here on GLP will grab at any straw to make DOOM out of a mole hill….and if you live in Monterey County in a Rockslide area, that is your own dumb luck..no one asked you people to build houses on the side of sheer cliffs right next to the costal shelf of the country. It does not take a structural engineer to tell you that you are inviting disaster building in that area. In fact you have been warned for years that the areas you are building on are very unstable and could go at any time; if it takes a few days of rain to make you wake up than you are already a lost cause.

I'd rather "live on the edge" than live in shithole Sacramento. Lol
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 12:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to postimage.org]
[link to postimage.org]

According to the OP; this is what DOOM looks like where I live..lol people out walking themselves and their dogs. LMAO…
letsgetnihilistic

United States
11/28/2012 12:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to postimage.org]
[link to postimage.org]

According to the OP; this is what DOOM looks like where I live..lol people out walking themselves and their dogs. LMAO…

Nice photoshops.

Fred
User ID: 21515285
United States
11/28/2012 12:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Rain and wind are picking up on the coast south of SF. Coming sporadically. Still have power so far.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 12:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes “THE SKY IS FALLING!” “THE SKY IS FALLING!!” lmao the majority of you here on GLP will grab at any straw to make DOOM out of a mole hill….and if you live in Monterey County in a Rockslide area, that is your own dumb luck..no one asked you people to build houses on the side of sheer cliffs right next to the costal shelf of the country. It does not take a structural engineer to tell you that you are inviting disaster building in that area. In fact you have been warned for years that the areas you are building on are very unstable and could go at any time; if it takes a few days of rain to make you wake up than you are already a lost cause.

I'd rather "live on the edge" than live in shithole Sacramento. Lol
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22093951

A lotus flower is rather lovely and inviting to the eye does not mean you should eat it...

GLP