Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,552 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 148,046
Pageviews Today: 251,058Threads Today: 81Posts Today: 1,532
03:17 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Northwest, N. Calif., Braces For More Rain and Snow!!!

Fred
User ID: 21515285
United States
11/28/2012 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Northwest, N. Calif., Braces For More Rain and Snow!!!
[link to postimage.org]
[link to postimage.org]

According to the OP; this is what DOOM looks like where I live..lol people out walking themselves and their dogs. LMAO…
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28170526

I wouldn't be out walking any small dog right now, it would turn into a kite :-)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28170526
United States
11/28/2012 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to postimage.org]
[link to postimage.org]

According to the OP; this is what DOOM looks like where I live..lol people out walking themselves and their dogs. LMAO…

Nice photoshops.
 Quoting: letsgetnihilistic

Photoshops? I just stepped out my front door and snapped the first pics outside lol..nice DOOMTARD comment.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22093951
United States
11/28/2012 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes “THE SKY IS FALLING!” “THE SKY IS FALLING!!” lmao the majority of you here on GLP will grab at any straw to make DOOM out of a mole hill….and if you live in Monterey County in a Rockslide area, that is your own dumb luck..no one asked you people to build houses on the side of sheer cliffs right next to the costal shelf of the country. It does not take a structural engineer to tell you that you are inviting disaster building in that area. In fact you have been warned for years that the areas you are building on are very unstable and could go at any time; if it takes a few days of rain to make you wake up than you are already a lost cause.

I'd rather "live on the edge" than live in shithole Sacramento. Lol
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22093951

A lotus flower is rather lovely and inviting to the eye does not mean you should eat it...

And p.s. I don't live on the side of a cliff. I live in the forest NEAR the ocean in the most beautiful place in the world far away from the hordes of idiots elsewhere in California.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to postimage.org]
[link to postimage.org]

I wouldn't be out walking any small dog right now, it would turn into a kite :-)
 Quoting: Fred 21515285

I guess when I just let my chiwawa's outside to potty, I should have tied a tether to the three of them and tied them off to the main water supply of the house lol...
Mickeyblue
User ID: 9806228
United States
11/28/2012 12:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, I remember that one. I recall driving up the hill above Auburn and saw the trees in the forest just splintered. God's way of trimming out all the old stuff .......LOL Pruning bigtime.

The storm today is not supposed to be the big impact one, that was said earlier to be the Friday one and perhaps Sunday as well. We will see???????

It is the cumulative effect that will tell how we put this one away and I hope it will disappoint the major doomers.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28641579
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 12:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
hi glp,im in england and weve just had reall bad flooding in the northeast and also in wales,people died and it ONLY RAINED FOR 3 DAYS AND NIGHTS! You guys are gonna get 6 DAYS RAIN,im telling you now,dont underestimate steady rainfall over a few days,please take precautions now.the big problem weve got in the uk is that there used to be large flood plains that we not allowed to be built on around rivers,but in the 1940s the goverment decided that it was safe to build houses on the flood plains,now everytime it rains for a couple of days straight the houses built on the flood plains,
flood.so these guys properties are completly unsalable,no one will buy them,hell these folks are gonna find it impossible to get flood insurance.....wtf are they gonna do??? Anyway,was just wondering if you have the same problem in the usa??? if you live by a river or body of water in cali.....watch the hell out,after 6 days rain its gonna get real bad .
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, I remember that one. I recall driving up the hill above Auburn and saw the trees in the forest just splintered. God's way of trimming out all the old stuff .......LOL Pruning bigtime.

The storm today is not supposed to be the big impact one, that was said earlier to be the Friday one and perhaps Sunday as well. We will see???????

It is the cumulative effect that will tell how we put this one away and I hope it will disappoint the major doomers.
 Quoting: Mickeyblue 9806228

Mickey I think it is safe to say..that their DOOM prediction will go the way as all the rest...they will be less vocal in stating how wrong they were during their fear mongering, blabbering, DOOM saying...posts
tarfonwxx

User ID: 28221753
United States
11/28/2012 12:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
@NWSBayArea 56 MPH gust at Pt. Reyes
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1834146
United States
11/28/2012 12:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
could all the rain fail total weight cause and earthquake?

im looking for my DOOM everywhere.
i gotta have it.5a
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 12:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
hi glp,im in england and weve just had reall bad flooding in the northeast and also in wales,people died and it ONLY RAINED FOR 3 DAYS AND NIGHTS! You guys are gonna get 6 DAYS RAIN,im telling you now,dont underestimate steady rainfall over a few days,please take precautions now.the big problem weve got in the uk is that there used to be large flood plains that we not allowed to be built on around rivers,but in the 1940s the goverment decided that it was safe to build houses on the flood plains,now everytime it rains for a couple of days straight the houses built on the flood plains,
flood.so these guys properties are completly unsalable,no one will buy them,hell these folks are gonna find it impossible to get flood insurance.....wtf are they gonna do??? Anyway,was just wondering if you have the same problem in the usa??? if you live by a river or body of water in cali.....watch the hell out,after 6 days rain its gonna get real bad .
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28641579

If it were not for the fact that Don Pedro was just about empty, Woodrow Reservoir just about empty, the delta being so low these past few years..I would agree with you, but that is not the case. I was just up trout fishing at Moccasin a week ago and the creek was so low the trout were all bunched together in small pools..this means we can handle a lot of rain fall here and still get little to no flooding at all..if any. The biggest concern I can see if it stays steady like this is the areas next to the Delta or canals as they tend to get the most run off and flood fairly quickly..been watching the local news station here and nothing major reported atm.. For us that live here this is a welcome site as they are trying to sell off our water rights to the city folks in SF so maybe, just maybe this will delay their little plan to drain this valley dry...
Dapurps

User ID: 26604792
Canada
11/28/2012 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't think I've ever seen so many shills in one thread.

Guess you weren't part of the "Pillar of clouds" thread. That was overloaded with shills especially when Trinity lifted the ban.
"What you perceive to be becomes your reality."

:ftwpanda:

dapurps
Fred
User ID: 21515285
United States
11/28/2012 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

If it were not for the fact that Don Pedro was just about empty, Woodrow Reservoir just about empty, the delta being so low these past few years..I would agree with you, but that is not the case. I was just up trout fishing at Moccasin a week ago and the creek was so low the trout were all bunched together in small pools..this means we can handle a lot of rain fall here and still get little to no flooding at all..if any. The biggest concern I can see if it stays steady like this is the areas next to the Delta or canals as they tend to get the most run off and flood fairly quickly..been watching the local news station here and nothing major reported atm.. For us that live here this is a welcome site as they are trying to sell off our water rights to the city folks in SF so maybe, just maybe this will delay their little plan to drain this valley dry...

Sell off water rights to SF? SF has plenty of water, its very own reservoir in the hills. The city barely has any room for more population, doubt the city could outgrow its water supply.

The drought maybe a blessing. Dams are likely far below capacity and maybe able to hold back much of what would otherwise head through the valley.
tarfonwxx

United States
11/28/2012 12:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't think I've ever seen so many shills in one thread.

Guess you weren't part of the "Pillar of clouds" thread. That was overloaded with shills especially when Trinity lifted the ban.
 Quoting: Dapurps

damned
tarfonwxx

United States
11/28/2012 12:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
@NWSBayArea 53 MPH wind gust in Los Gatos area - higher winds moving in
Alexander

User ID: 15635858
United States
11/28/2012 12:49 PM

Report Abusive Post
I remember awhile back (years) a friend who used to have a house boat on the Sacramento river that over-turned when it flooded where he lost everything. Meaning this storm may have similar consequences. Generally Hwy 50 gets the rock and snow land slides traveling north toward Lake Tahoe. I suspect Truckee and Doner's Pass will be buried in snow from this.

I bet Northstar will be spectacular by the time the Christmas are here for those who ski.

[link to www.magnifeye.com]
I-80 Road Conditions
A HIGH WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT OVER THE YOLO CAUSEWAY & OVER THE BRYTE BEND BRIDGE /WEST OF SACRAMENTO/ (YOLO CO)

Last Edited by Proud American Supporter on 11/28/2012 12:57 PM
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
Winston Churchill

Daily Updates
Thread: ASS IS IN THE WRINGER - Rolling Updates from 11/16/20 to present (Page 235)
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sell off water rights to SF? SF has plenty of water, its very own reservoir in the hills. The city barely has any room for more population, doubt the city could outgrow its water supply.

The drought maybe a blessing. Dams are likely far below capacity and maybe able to hold back much of what would otherwise head through the valley.
 Quoting: Fred 21515285

SF is in negotiations with MID atm to buy up the water rights from our little area of Modesto...been the local paper the past four weeks or so...check ou the Modesto Bee online and search MID water rights... lots of articles of late
tarfonwxx

United States
11/28/2012 12:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
@KatieABC7 1000+ people just lost power in Pacifica, at Carmel & Palmetto.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28517333
United States
11/28/2012 12:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
@KTVU Flooding reported in Marin County on NB I-101 at the Sir Frances Drake Blvd off ramp.
 Quoting: tarfonwxx

Not unusual for that particular area to flood, seen it many times
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I remember awhile back (years) a friend who used to have a house boat on the Sacramento river that over-turned when it flooded where he lost everything. Meaning this storm may have similar consequences. Generally Hwy 50 gets the rock and snow land slides traveling north toward Lake Tahoe. I suspect Truckee and Doner's Pass will be buried in snow from this.
 Quoting: Alexander

Doner getting a lot more snow this year would be a good thing for this area not a bad one..
Angel Helper

User ID: 27139160
United States
11/28/2012 12:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
flood.so these guys properties are completly unsalable,no one will buy them,hell these folks are gonna find it impossible to get flood insurance.....wtf are they gonna do??? Anyway,was just wondering if you have the same problem in the usa??? if you live by a river or body of water in cali.....watch the hell out,after 6 days rain its gonna get read .

Stay safe, friend.
How is the weather right now?
I think England is a wonderful place. Since I was a child I have felt a strange closeness to the UK.

I want to visit England so badly.....My daughter is about to graduate and is graduating with honors,she wants to go to England also....Ireland also. How do you like it there? Is it as "green" as everyone says?
Blessings!
Live and let live, for we all have our own lessons to learn.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 12:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
@KTVU Flooding reported in Marin County on NB I-101 at the Sir Frances Drake Blvd off ramp.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28517333

That's what I said, but then again according to them anyone telling the truth on this thread is a SHILL!!! lol you just joined the SHILL movement..roflol
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28256524
United States
11/28/2012 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sodom aka San Francsco and Redneck need a giant douching anyway
tarfonwxx

United States
11/28/2012 12:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
@NWSBayArea #CoCoRaHS report of minor flooding in the city of Sonoma with 0.64" in the past hour. 1.48" total so far.

this is the first of four storms to hit the area through monday
em
User ID: 18966583
United States
11/28/2012 12:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

They will ignore the warnings and available information like so many did on the East Coast prior to Sandy and then they are going to wonder WTF happened when their house is flooded and/or they are stranded for days with no power/supplies. It happens every damn time. People think they know better and then the same people who bitched about the warnings will be bitching because they government doesn't show up to save their asses faster. I just watched a CNN report that said this event could go on for up to 16 days because of the setup of 4 separate weather systems in the Pacific.

Shit is going to get ugly over there really fast, and the people stuck in the mess will only have themselves to blame...

'In the age of information, ignorance is a choice...'
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17268859
United States
11/28/2012 12:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Really..we've had this before. Storms like this aren't uncommon for the area. The only difference I can see at the moment is..everybody's fussing about this one. The others went without comment.

I live in Rio Linda--one of the worst flood zones in the area. We've got candles for power outages that will inevitably show up; batteries for flashlights--extra water..for just in case; wood for the fire place; a full tank of gas in case we have to leave..and some for the generator. We'll get sand bags if we need them, but seriously..we've done this many many times in the past..and nobody cared.

Why now?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 12:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, my ingenious friend, but don't you realize that it is ALREADY flooding and the area has days more rain to go??? How long before the area is completely inundated??
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1321115
United States
11/28/2012 01:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've lived here 35 years. Getting 10 to 20 inches of rain with high winds over several days is not unusual.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28637798

I beg to differ - this is not something that happens every winter. And you know it.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/28/2012 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Really..we've had this before. Storms like this aren't uncommon for the area. The only difference I can see at the moment is..everybody's fussing about this one. The others went without comment.

I live in Rio Linda--one of the worst flood zones in the area. We've got candles for power outages that will inevitably show up; batteries for flashlights--extra water..for just in case; wood for the fire place; a full tank of gas in case we have to leave..and some for the generator. We'll get sand bags if we need them, but seriously..we've done this many many times in the past..and nobody cared.

Why now?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17268859

If this is not going to be a big deal, if it is nothing new, why is it being hyped by the news channels as a 'once in decades' and even a 'once in a century' event??? The fact of the matter is that there is going to be A LOT of precipitation, enough that it may cause widespread destruction - did you people learn nothing from Sandy?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28517333
United States
11/28/2012 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

That's what I said, but then again according to them anyone telling the truth on this thread is a SHILL!!! lol you just joined the SHILL movement..roflol

I'm a 'shiller', lol. Anyway, just got back from walking the dog into my little town upvalley from Napa. Rain is steady, no wind to speak of, power will probably go out at some point but so far all is good...except my dog hates rain and you'd have thunk that she was being pelted with acid.
tarfonwxx

United States
11/28/2012 01:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Several storms will roll through the north state during the next several days, though forecasters on Tuesday said the heaviest rain is expected to fall Thursday, likely causing flooded streets as winds gust up to 35 mph.

"If we're going to get a huge amount of water, (Redding's storm drain) system will not handle it," said John Stacher, supervisor of Redding's Storm Drain Utility. "Most systems are designed to handle a 10- or 25-year event. It seems like this is going to be a 100-year event."

[link to www.redding.com]

GLP