Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,794 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,132,306
Pageviews Today: 2,072,939Threads Today: 728Posts Today: 15,523
07:55 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Northwest, N. Calif., Braces For More Rain and Snow!!!

Sul-Americano
User ID: 1063827
Brazil
11/28/2012 02:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Northwest, N. Calif., Braces For More Rain and Snow!!!
HOLY COW!!!!!
LOOK AT THE AUSTRALIAN MODEL!!!!!
TERRIFYING AMOUNTS OF RAIN PREDICTED FOR THE NEXT 5 DAYS!!!
New round of GFS model will come up soon.
[link to www.weatherzone.com.au]
damned
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28647720
Portugal
11/28/2012 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to weather.rap.ucar.edu]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14995357
United States
11/28/2012 02:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

LMAO,, I was just about to post how pleasant this poster was fron England.
A beautifull kind caring person and I`ve met a few people from England just as nice.

I was just gonna post how Americans dont understand what a great people you all are because of their misconceptions of the crown.

And then asshat showed up.

LMAO
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17749651
Canada
11/28/2012 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
hi glp,im in england and weve just had reall bad flooding in the northeast and also in wales,people died and it ONLY RAINED FOR 3 DAYS AND NIGHTS! You guys are gonna get 6 DAYS RAIN,im telling you now,dont underestimate steady rainfall over a few days,please take precautions now.the big problem weve got in the uk is that there used to be large flood plains that we not allowed to be built on around rivers,but in the 1940s the goverment decided that it was safe to build houses on the flood plains,now everytime it rains for a couple of days straight the houses built on the flood plains,
flood.so these guys properties are completly unsalable,no one will buy them,hell these folks are gonna find it impossible to get flood insurance.....wtf are they gonna do??? Anyway,was just wondering if you have the same problem in the usa??? if you live by a river or body of water in cali.....watch the hell out,after 6 days rain its gonna get real bad .
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28641579

If it were not for the fact that Don Pedro was just about empty, Woodrow Reservoir just about empty, the delta being so low these past few years..I would agree with you, but that is not the case. I was just up trout fishing at Moccasin a week ago and the creek was so low the trout were all bunched together in small pools..this means we can handle a lot of rain fall here and still get little to no flooding at all..if any. The biggest concern I can see if it stays steady like this is the areas next to the Delta or canals as they tend to get the most run off and flood fairly quickly..been watching the local news station here and nothing major reported atm.. For us that live here this is a welcome site as they are trying to sell off our water rights to the city folks in SF so maybe, just maybe this will delay their little plan to drain this valley dry...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28170526

When things have been so the dry the ground doe not absorb the water quickly like most think it should but does not work that way. Its going to run off. The creeks and rivers and reserviors will fill yes. A slow steady rain is whats needed. I haop that is the case. The current conditions of the land in the surrounding area if there's to much rain too fast are going to be cause for concern. This could get really bad. Take care all...!
Sul-Americano
User ID: 1063827
Brazil
11/28/2012 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Luisport

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!ahhh
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 02:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to i.imgur.com]
Fred
User ID: 21515285
United States
11/28/2012 02:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
HOLY COW!!!!!
damned
 Quoting: Sul-Americano 1063827

I sure hope those are millimeters and not centimeters! If centimeters this storm would make Sandy look like minor drizzle.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28517333
United States
11/28/2012 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Damnit, was walking with the dog this am and a gentle rain was coming down, nothing to worry about. Just looked outside at the side of my house and I have approximately 4-5 inches of water standing next to the house. There is a break in the rain for now and hopefully this river will run off but standing water is a drag for sure.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
HOLY COW!!!!!
damned
 Quoting: Sul-Americano 1063827

I sure hope those are millimeters and not centimeters! If centimeters this storm would make Sandy look like minor drizzle.
 Quoting: Fred 21515285

like this: [link to weather.rap.ucar.edu]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Series of strong storms will bring heavy precipitation to the west coast
Posted by Lindsey Ozment on November 28, 2012
The west coast will continue to experience heavy rainfall today and through the weekend as a series of low pressure systems continue to move through the area.

At this time a low pressure system is starting to impact the west coast, extending from California to southern Washington. As it edges along the coastline, rainfall will continue to occur while this storm rotates a lifts to the north throughout the day. Northern and central California can expect precipitation amounts today around 1/4 of an inch to 1 1/2 inches, with activity peaking around mid afternoon before subsiding slightly this evening.

As this system begins to lift, plenty of moisture will be in place before another stronger low pressure system moves in beginning on Thursday. This second low pressure system will remain quasi-stationary for the next few days before lifting into the Alaskan Gulf, resulting in a shortwave trough moving onshore.

Precipitation totals from today into Monday will be substantial. Northern California is expected to receive the most rainfall, with totals reaching up to 15 inches. Farther north along the coast, in Oregon and Washington, places such as New Port, OR and Seattle, WA could see rainfall totals anywhere from 3 to 6 inches. Snowfall should be expected in areas of higher elevation, especially along the Sierra and Cascade ranges. Periods of moderate to heavy snowfall are possible today through the weekend in northern California, mainly for areas above 4500 feet, where totals could be anywhere between 4-8 inches per day.

Winds of 35-45 mph will continue to be strong through the weekend with these storms, and with the large amounts of rainfall, conditions will continue to become very dangerous. As the week progresses, the potential for flooding will increase as well. We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and update the blog with more information as this situation continues to develop.
[link to weatherops.wdtinc.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2712120
United States
11/28/2012 02:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Again I ask, when all of this fear mongering is for NOT, “Will all of you DOOM Sayers, post about how wrong you were with the same fervor ?” I will be glad to do the same if you are correct, which is only fair..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28170526

Did any of the naysayers come on after Sandy and admit THEY were wrong?

Sandy was bad, is still causing major problems. And we never hear a WORD from those who were on here telling people to "chill" and quit freaking everyone out.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Alina Tsui‏@AlinawTsui

RT @TheMatthewKeys: More than 1,000 without power in Pacifica, California as major storm pounds Golden State - [link to DON'T_USE-THIS]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
radar: [link to www.accuweather.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
san francisco radar: [link to www.accuweather.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue‏@RyanMaue

California always needs rain & welcome period of Pineapple Express-fed conveyor belts of moisture. ECMWF 96-hr totals: [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
NWSBayArea‏@NWSBayArea

RT @lyannemelendez: Warning for drivers on Highway 101 in Marin Co.:Flooding at St. Francis Drake, reduce speed. #bayarearain
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Laura Skirde‏@LauraSkirdeWx

Strongest winds so far today hitting #Sac as we speak - just measured gust of 36 mph at Sac Intl AIrport #cawx #sacwx
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
NWSBayArea‏@NWSBayArea

Heavy rain in the Santa Cruz Mountains with the front. La Honda 0.73 inches in the last hour! #bayarearain #sfweather
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
PG&E‏@PGE4Me

#BayArea Outages (12 PM): North Bay – 50; #EastBay – 570; #SF – 120; Peninsula – 660; South Bay – 500; #BayArea Total – 1,900 #CAwx
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
PG&E‏@PGE4Me

#CentralCoast Outage Update (12 PM): Monterey County – 330; #SantaCruz County – 1,600; San Benito County – 180 #CentralCoast Total – 2,110
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7335818
United States
11/28/2012 03:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
The airline I work for has a 6 hour Ground Delay Program for one of its flights to SFO this evening.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Palo Alto Weekly‏@paloaltoweekly

Police have shut down the west bound lanes of the Oregon expressway at the alma underpass
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
NWSBayArea‏@NWSBayArea

Tree branch down in monterey from winds this morning [link to ow.ly] #bayarearain #monterey
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to i.imgur.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
NWSBayArea‏@NWSBayArea

Weather observation at 1842 ft near Los Gatos - 75 MPH gust last hour. Winds will diminish this afternoon. #bayarearain #sfweather #losgatos
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jim Cantore‏@JimCantore

Squall Peak, CA had a peak gust to 90 mph within the last 2hours per @NWSMedford #CAwx

6 minJim Cantore‏@JimCantore

2 ESE Hayward, CA -- CHP reports areas of minor road flooding in several locations in Alameda county. #CAwx

7 minJim Cantore‏@JimCantore

5 NW Santa Cruz, CA -- Power lines down across Santa Cruz Mountains including a line down on highway 9 blocking traffic. #CAwx
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 04:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Rain totals this morning: [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Laura Skirde‏@LauraSkirdeWx

Winds gusting to 35 mph right now in #Lincoln . Gusts currently 25-30 mph in #Sacramento . 20-25 mph in #Stockton #Modesto #Auburn
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/28/2012 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
PG&E‏@PGE4Me

#CentralCoast Outage Update (1 PM): #Monterey County – 830; #SantaCruz County – 1,800; San Benito County – 190 #CentralCoast Total – 2,820

4 minPG&E‏@PGE4Me

#BayArea Outage Update (1 PM): #NorthBay – 50; #EastBay – 480; #SF – 60; Peninsula – 850; South Bay – 180; #BayArea Total – 1,620 #CAWx
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2230505
United States
11/28/2012 04:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
freezing cold here last night in socal.... can only imagine what its like up north right now

GLP